Weak to piercing though.
[+]
 Asura.Thebatman
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Thebatman 2013-03-28 22:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the new Thurandaut gloves and pants worth using for exenterator? Sorry I'm not good with ffxi math and not sure if these having more AGI would beat options with more attack(skadi hand,thaumas leg).
 Sylph.Malizia
Server: Sylph
user: Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2013-03-29 16:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI math is pretty difficult, but fortunately we have spreadsheets! Plug in your Exenterator set and you can find out for yourself :)

But if you want the quick answer, they're most likely not better than Thaumas unless you're attack and fSTR capped.
 Asura.Thebatman
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Thebatman 2013-03-29 17:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for link mali /salute
 Ragnarok.Evihime
Server: Ragnarok
user: Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-03-29 23:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Id use the Body tho.
 Bismarck.Stani
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2013-03-30 16:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting this as the top Exen set, pre-Thurandaut augment discovery, excluding Hexed gear:

ItemSet 294616

Sidegrades and alternatives pending attack ratio cap or starvation:
+ Thaumas Hat*
+ Ghillie Earring
+ Altdorf/Wilhelm Earring set (Brutal/Auster saving an inv slot was my deciding factor)
+ Thaumas Coat, Tessera Saio
+ Skadi's Bazubands +1, Thaumas Gloves*
+ Epona's Ring over a Stormsoul to save inventory
+ Prosilio Belt

* Thaumas Hat and Gloves only fall behind the Chocalitzli Mask and Thurandaut Gloves duo by 2 AGI and 4 STR.

Asura.Thebatman said: »
Are the new Thurandaut gloves and pants worth using for exenterator? Sorry I'm not good with ffxi math and not sure if these having more AGI would beat options with more attack(skadi hand,thaumas leg).

Thurandaut Gloves don't significantly beat Thaumas Gloves until you diminish the Thaumas set bonus with other swaps, and then only marginally so. After swapping Thaumas Coat for Thurandaut Tabard, one would need to replace both the Thaumas Hat and Thaumas Gloves with Chocalitzli Mask and Thurandaut Gloves to see any appreciable gain (2 AGI and 4 STR). Separately, Chocalitzli mask and Thurandaut Gloves are just about equal to a Thaumas Hat or Gloves getting +5 STR and AGI from set bonus.

Thurandaut Tights provide more raw power to Exen, but fail to catch up to Thaumas Kecks' 20~ Attack and possible (if unlikely) fSTR gain from the listed 9 STR plus 2-5 from set bonus. I'd say keep the Thaumas Kecks going, unless Thurandaut gains good augments from Coalition. So far though, Coalition augments appaer to be mainly HP/MP, so don't hold your breath.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-03-30 16:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stani said: »
I'm getting this as the top Exen set, pre-Thurandaut augment discovery, excluding Hexed gear:

ItemSet 294616

Sidegrades and alternatives pending attack ratio cap and attack starvation:
* Ghillie Earring
* Altdorf/Wilhelm Earring set (Brutal/Auster saving an inv slot was my deciding factor)
* Thaumas Coat, Tessera Saio
* Skadi's Bazubands +1
* Prosilio Belt

Thurandaut Gloves are roughly equal to Thaumas Gloves if gloves are the 4th or 5th piece of the Thaumas set you're using in the Exen set (which they should be). Thurandaut Tights provide more raw power to Exen, but Thaumas pull ahead when you factor in the 17~ Attack and possible fSTR gain from 5 STR. I'd say keep the Thaumas, unless Thurandaut gains good augments from coalition.

Not seeing how Thaumas Hat+Gloves (14STR + 30AGI including marginal bonus from 2->4) set could outdo Choca Mask+Thurandaut Gloves (18STR + 32AGI). Am I doing something wrong D;

Also the difference between Thaumas and Thurandaut legs is more than 5STR -- Thaumas has 9 on itself alone (I think you're only thinking about the 3->4 set bonus).
[+]
 Bismarck.Stani
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2013-03-30 18:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
Bismarck.Stani said: »

ItemSet 294616

Sidegrades and alternatives pending attack ratio cap and attack starvation:
* Ghillie Earring
* Altdorf/Wilhelm Earring set (Brutal/Auster saving an inv slot was my deciding factor)
* Thaumas Coat, Tessera Saio
* Skadi's Bazubands +1
* Prosilio Belt

Thurandaut Gloves are roughly equal to Thaumas Gloves if gloves are the 4th or 5th piece of the Thaumas set you're using in the Exen set (which they should be). Thurandaut Tights provide more raw power to Exen, but Thaumas pull ahead when you factor in the 17~ Attack and possible fSTR gain from 5 STR. I'd say keep the Thaumas, unless Thurandaut gains good augments from coalition.

Not seeing how Thaumas Hat+Gloves (14STR + 30AGI including marginal bonus from 2->4) set could outdo Choca Mask+Thurandaut Gloves (18STR + 32AGI). Am I doing something wrong D;

Also the difference between Thaumas and Thurandaut legs is more than 5STR -- Thaumas has 9 on itself alone (I think you're only thinking about the 3->4 set bonus).

Good calls, I checked Thaumas Gloves and Hat against Thurandaut Gloves and Chocaliztli Mask separately, didn't notice the set bonus implications of swapping both combinatorially.
 Odin.Godan
Server: Odin
user: Kayu
By Odin.Godan 2013-03-31 08:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

How this would look since i dont have access to NNI or much of the vwnm gear? oh yeah maybe exchange for Kudzu aketon?
ItemSet 294728
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-03-31 19:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thur Body is better than Kudzu and Loki's. Especially Loki's.

Just gotta go vote SIGNBOARD! in order to unlock it. (Peacekeepers)
 Fenrir.Calamity
Server: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-04-01 20:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna assume that ethereal is there mistakenly?
 Odin.Godan
Server: Odin
user: Kayu
By Odin.Godan 2013-04-02 00:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Calamity said: »
Gonna assume that ethereal is there mistakenly?
i can get the +1 version of the attack one easily but at this point, i am not really sure if i should go for more agi or attack so i am not spending gil until i am completely sure if the agi +4 is worth it.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-04-02 00:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Justiciar's over Houyi's if you feel like spending money.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [110 days between previous and next post]
By Pooki 2013-07-20 18:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Messing around with Exenterator on DNC:

side by side comparison of Exenterator/Rudra's.

Rudra's will still beat it when Climactic flourish is up, but Exenterator makes a good ws for when its down or those that do not have rudra's.
Atmas? please
By lucasroper82 2013-07-29 08:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pooki said: »
Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Messing around with Exenterator on DNC:

side by side comparison of Exenterator/Rudra's.

Rudra's will still beat it when Climactic flourish is up, but Exenterator makes a good ws for when its down or those that do not have rudra's.
Atmas? please

Irrelevant. Abyssea damage doesn't count. If you think it it does count, then you're wrong.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-07-29 09:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-08-03 22:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Exenterator the best way to go now for THF? For higher level stuff it seems Evis would lose out due to it being reliant on crits eh?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [209 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Ruzoko
user: Ruzoko
By Asura.Ruzoko 2014-02-28 19:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know a good ws set for Exenterator as of all recent updates?
 Bahamut.Darksouls
Server: Bahamut
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2014-02-28 20:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ruzoko said: »
anyone know a good ws set for Exenterator as of all recent updates?
I think the set in thf guide is pretty up-to-date except maybe switch feet to relic 119 feet.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15