COR Haste Roll From The Update.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » COR Haste Roll From the Update.
COR Haste Roll From the Update.
First Page 2 3 4

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-27 04:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Might not actually be haste... The wording's unusual, even for JA haste. All I'm gonna say about it here.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-27 04:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah and ja haste is too strong. I'm willing to bet it's more like martial arts
By Damiyen 2010-08-27 04:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Gana be hilarious when it makes you get less tp/hit

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Bladerah
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Bladerah 2010-08-27 04:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

pfft gimme that during a zerg
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-27 04:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it will kill BRD's, but BRD has a new buddy to do zergs with (Inb4 cor's could always zerg)
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-08-27 04:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Great for drk zerg, bad if you use an x-hit build.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-27 04:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I've just never rated COR's for zergs that much, but I know there is probably math to prove me wrong.
By Damiyen 2010-08-27 04:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait till the day Cor's start doing buff rotations. I bet this could be the catalyst.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-27 04:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I really think the delay minus will reduce TP, but I think it will justify itself with the delay minus it actually provides.. for a Sam this wouldn't be an issue, as we have stupid TP overflow to begin with, typically...and with all the new STP *** (Unkai Nodawa with +2 over chiv..and Goading Belt with +5 over any other belt really) We'll be fine with 6 hits with this on, which would be super nice with march and haste...although with double march and haste and hasso I'm already at like 2.3s per swing...can I really go lower? lol

Post deleted by User.
By Damiyen 2010-08-27 04:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Im well aware they can, but honestly hardly anyone realizes they can, How many times can you say you'v actually been part of 1.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-27 04:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Most COR's can't buff for ***. The amount of Bad cor's in XI is staggering. Maybe it's a shiva thing, but seriously...

They struggle to keep one buff on.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kireime
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kireina
By Quetzalcoatl.Kireime 2010-08-27 04:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Damiyen said:
Can't wait till the day Cor's start doing buff rotations. I bet this could be the catalyst.
The huge issue with cor buff rotation is the need for each cor to rotate through 3+ rolls (as opposed to brds who can sing the same song over and over) and the 50s-1min delay between each roll. Ideally, the 2min you'll have all the rolls up+songs should be enough; however, in reality it'll rarely ever be that perfectly timed. You'll most like end up with 1-1.5min of full buffs (which itself should be enough, but some people are slow to engage and that wastes precious time).
By Damiyen 2010-08-27 05:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the actual issue is that
1)It screws up the order of rotation of the brd's, because cor is slower obviously(Biggest issue)
2)Cor's dont merit that way
3)LS's dont ask them to
4)Cor's like QD merits
5)Cor's like Fold (I think its useless if your smart enuf not to double up on 6)

lets look @ the right merits for a workable rotation

5 Winning streak merits Phantom Roll lasts for 6 minutes
5 Recast Merits and Phantom Roll Recast becomes 50seconds

You'r right cor can reuse the same rolls on it unless theyre wore off already but it wouldnt be hard to just pick a differnt roll. 1 Preferably that has a supercharged effect for that party, We have wayy too many to pick from in the first place.

The only other issue is yea, 1 buff per 3 PT's (6 Rolls) would most likely be down for 10-15 seconds due to unlucky rolls of 1's and 2's.

Big question is where does Haste and -Weapon Delay cap out
[+]
By Damiyen 2010-08-27 05:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Meant to put Can't* in that line about re'using rolls
 Quetzalcoatl.Kireime
By Quetzalcoatl.Kireime 2010-08-27 05:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally love fold, but then again, I play cor very aggressively. I will always double up on a 6, and if the next roll lands on unlucky, I'll wait until double up has 2-5s left to double up again. If I bust, oh well I'll fold it away and roll again in 15 seconds.
I take my method from this old post detailing the benefits of striving for a higher roll: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/corsair/55032-phantom-roll-knowing-odds-long-math.html
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-27 05:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kireime said:
I personally love fold, but then again, I play cor very aggressively. I will always double up on a 6, and if the next roll lands on unlucky, I'll wait until double up has 2-5s left to double up again. If I bust, oh well I'll fold it away and roll again in 15 seconds.
I take my method from this old post detailing the benefits of striving for a higher roll: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/corsair/55032-phantom-roll-knowing-odds-long-math.html

I too tend to get extensively risky when it comes to gambling and aiming towards 11, however I go pretty much the opposite form of yours and go for winning streak/snake eye cap.

The ability to turn a 10 into 11 at the drop of a hat is great. Also for those rolls that have a high number unlucky, a decent roll is just one JA away which when capped is 5 minutes CD and with winning streak, you won't have to worry about having to rebuff before it's ready again.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-27 05:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
I was a pussy COR before fold. Now I will go for it all with that ***.

Fold when capped goes hand in hand with Phantom Roll recast in group 1. However, that's something I'd do regardless since it allows more time to do some shooting and gives a shorter buffless gap in case you bust.
By Damiyen 2010-08-27 05:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

that post is 4 years old.

If you look @ the #'s of buffing 3 parties simulataneously i guarentee you would drop fold in a second.

(some information about me)
3 Fold merits
5Snake eye

The moment a LS asks me to be part of buff rotation my merits will change. To this day its never happened.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kireime
By Quetzalcoatl.Kireime 2010-08-27 05:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:

I too tend to get extensively risky when it comes to gambling and aiming towards 11, however I go pretty much the opposite form of yours and go for winning streak/snake eye cap.

The ability to turn a 10 into 11 at the drop of a hat is great. Also for those rolls that have a high number unlucky, a decent roll is just one JA away which when capped is 5 minutes CD and with winning streak, you won't have to worry about having to rebuff before it's ready again.

Oh I agree, I love snake eye too. I did 4/5 fold, 5/5 SE, 1/5 WS.
Having both lets you almost ensure a high roll every time.
Damiyen said:
that post is 4 years old.

If you look @ the #'s of buffing 3 parties simulataneously i guarentee you would drop fold in a second.

(some information about me)
3 Fold merits
5Snake eye

The moment a LS asks me to be part of buff rotation my merits will change. To this day its never happened.
The post may be old, but the math and the theory are sound.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-27 05:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kireime said:
Fenrir.Tool said:

Oh I agree, I love snake eye too. I did 4/5 fold, 5/5 SE, 1/5 WS.
Having both lets you almost ensure a high roll every time.

With true shot, /RNG looks a little more appealing. Not to mention our new ranged haste snapshot roll. It might be worthwhile to cap winning streak and have more time to shoot than to constantly run back and forth between groups.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-27 05:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

That's exactly what my merits looked like Spicy. Except I almost never find a time to use random deal unless I am in a zerg run =/

Almost considering just forgetting loaded deck and going 4/5 Winning Streak.

Post deleted by User.
By Damiyen 2010-08-27 05:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont confuse my hatred of fold. I only hate it because cor can be better. But lets face is no LS asks cor to do a rotation. 5 Minute durations are long as ***for a Buff. Fold is the best option for corsair's unless you'r lucky enuf to have a LS that has perfect organization/communication/players. Of cource if you have that you prolly also have 6 Bards and dont even need a cor.

First Page 2 3 4