COR Haste Roll From The Update.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » COR Haste Roll From the Update.
COR Haste Roll From the Update.
 Asura.Flufferkins
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-09-17 15:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kyofooyo said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

What? I don't even understand what you're trying to say here.

Translated for you.
[+]
 Remora.Meredoc
Server: Remora
user: Doc2love
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-09-17 15:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok say your in a pt that has caped haste on its DDs AND are at a 90%ish hit rate. Should I roll Blitz/Sam? Is Chaos/Fighter's still number one for pure damage output? Has anyone tested the DoT for Rogue's/Blitz?

Just questions ppl

/Barflame
By Artemicion 2010-09-17 15:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Chaos/Fighters will give great DPS in terms of melee attacks, however to increase your DPS further you will want haste to not only increase melee attacks but as a result WS frequency as well.

Unfortunately double attack has diminishing returns when stacked, thus why everyone has a *** over haste. However, with a bit of luck, the DA proc on certain weapon skills certainly would make spike numbers appealing.
 Remora.Meredoc
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-09-17 15:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

hypothetically Haste is caped. What would you roll?
By Artemicion 2010-09-17 15:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Meredoc said:

STP / Atk or Acc depending on the situation/debuffs given etc.
 Remora.Meredoc
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-09-17 16:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

STP? Taking 5/hit to 4/hit?
 Remora.Meredoc
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-09-17 16:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what im getting at if in a pt with good accuracy, caped Haste, and average damage. As long as a SAM is in the pt and we maintain Xhits with SAM Roll with Blitz. Are we not breaking the haste cap?
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-09-17 16:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

yes in a situation where your party is highly buffed. Haste>March X2> Haste Samba, You will want to do SAM roll the 2nd roll is highly dependent on your party setup. I usually let them pick what they want. War's like fighters for obvious reasons.

Theoretically the Blitzers/STP may parse out to something better with lucky/11 rolls. Though I think it would take a lot to beat the out-rite benefits of shaving a hit off everyone's build and adding double attack to ws's or just more ACC/ATT.
By Artemicion 2010-09-17 16:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Due to the non-static buff power of corsair rolls, it's difficult to determine which combinations with a bard would be more ideal on the fly. But since double march is a set amount of haste, it will probably remain steadfast in demand until the cor is lucky enough to hit 11. Having snake eye capped helps this significantly.
 Remora.Meredoc
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-09-17 16:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

With upcoming gear being drenched in haste would it not be better for a BRD to drop his lesser March in place of a better song? Keep in mind Haste is still caped w/o the lesser song.
[+]
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-09-17 16:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Meredoc said:
With upcoming gear being drenched in haste would it not be better for a BRD to drop his lesser March in place of a better song? Keep in mind Haste is still caped w/o the lesser song.

Gear haste = Gear Haste
March = Magic Haste
Hasso/Samba = JA Haste
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-09-17 16:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Have we found out what category of haste blitzer roll falls under?
I'd like to think it would be under JA haste and not magic haste, but I could be wrong.
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-09-17 16:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I'd like to think it would be under JA haste and not magic haste, but I could be wrong.

It's not haste at all, it's delay reduction (Reduces TP gained). Hence the argument of giving up 2 rolls for one beneficial effect (IE: Blitz/SAM) or finding a more efficient use.
[+]
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
Server: Bahamut
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2010-09-17 16:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I thought blitzer roll was -delay not haste and no one likes it cause it can screw up peoples x-hit builds.
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-09-17 16:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Flufferkins said:
Artemicion said:

It's not haste at all, it's delay reduction (Reduces TP gained). Hence the argument of giving up 2 rolls for one beneficial effect (IE: Blitz/SAM) or finding a more efficient use.

Oh :(
I didn't get the memo, and I stopped leveling COR ages ago.

Well then, the sacrifice of two rolls for one beneficial effect would be situational on the potency of both. But yeah, I think I see bard remaining the haste king due to having the benefit of being strictly a haste effect and having static potency.
By Artemicion 2010-09-17 16:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it would be ideal for those that don't rely on hit builds such as THF, MNK, NIN and tend to centralize on DoT based DPS. Situational things shall forever remain situational.
By Artemicion 2010-09-17 16:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Has the Snapshot roll been tested to show the same effect for ranged attacks?
 Remora.Meredoc
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-09-17 16:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Flufferkins said:
Remora.Meredoc said:

Gear haste = Gear Haste
March = Magic Haste
Hasso/Samba = JA Haste

Lets call it artificial Haste. Blitz/Sam 10-14% Haste
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-17 16:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Meredoc said:
Haste has no bearing on the answer. Unless Blitzer's stacks with DW, you'll still generally roll Chaos/Fighter's. Can't see Blitzer's/Samurai being a viable combination.

EDIT @ above let's not, because that's not how haste works.
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-09-17 16:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Have we determined a number pattern the rolls will need to counter/go beyond the detrimental effect of TP loss with blitzer roll in combination with Samurai Roll?
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-09-17 16:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I like these roll combos~
chaos/fighters
blitzer/rogue
samurai/fighters or samurai/chaos
hunter/chaos
 Remora.Meredoc
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-09-17 16:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Remora.Meredoc said:
Haste has no bearing on the answer. Unless Blitzer's stacks with DW, you'll still generally roll Chaos/Fighter's. Can't see Blitzer's/Samurai being a viable combination.

What more does Haste do other then Atk speed?

NE: BTW my questions are only directed at Two handers
 Remora.Meredoc
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-09-17 17:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Where can I find tests for this?
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-17 17:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Meredoc said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Remora.Meredoc said:

His point is that you can't refer to it that way, and say: "Lets call it artificial Haste. Blitz/Sam 10-14% Haste" ...because he's right, that's not how haste works.

In other words, Blitz roll won't stack with haste. Just as the -delay from sword strap doesn't stack with haste, since the -delay from sword strap is added first etc, then haste.

Further, haste is a direct delay reduction to your weapon, without lowering your base TP per hit.

What more does haste do other than attack speed?

Well, it gives you more hits over time, more TP, and more Weapon skill frequency. Also, if you're /nin, it is great for lowering your shadow's recast timers as well, which is great if you're tanking something as drk/nin, for example.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-17 17:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Meredoc said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Remora.Meredoc said:

Not reduce your TP/hit? Haste and delay reduction are calculated separately. Adding 10% haste when you're at 70% haste is a ~50% increase in damage. Reducing delay by 10% at any level of haste increases DPS by 11.11% before any potential changes in WS frequency.

This is a roll for dual-wield jobs and KClubbing DRKs, not for two-handers. Even then I'd take a strong look at Chaos/Fighter's first.
[+]
 Remora.Meredoc
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-09-17 17:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Remora.Meredoc said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Remora.Meredoc said:

Not reduce your TP/hit? Haste and delay reduction are calculated separately. Adding 10% haste when you're at 70% haste is a ~50% increase in damage. Reducing delay by 10% at any level of haste increases DPS by 11.11% before any potential changes in WS frequency.

This is a roll for dual-wield jobs and KClubbing DRKs, not for two-handers. Even then I'd take a strong look at Chaos/Fighter's first.

So Sam/Blitz does not have the same effect as haste regarding damage output? None of my questions are directed at spell casting reduction. Can use Caster's Roll for that.
[+]
 Remora.Meredoc
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-09-17 17:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Remora.Meredoc said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Remora.Meredoc said:

His point is that you can't refer to it that way, and say: "Lets call it artificial Haste. Blitz/Sam 10-14% Haste" ...because he's right, that's not how haste works.

In other words, Blitz roll won't stack with haste. Just as the -delay from sword strap doesn't stack with haste, since the -delay from sword strap is added first etc, then haste.

Further, haste is a direct delay reduction to your weapon, without lowering your base TP per hit.

What more does haste do other than attack speed?

Well, it gives you more hits over time, more TP, and more Weapon skill frequency. Also, if you're /nin, it is great for lowering your shadow's recast timers as well, which is great if you're tanking something as drk/nin, for example.

The only thing Im asking about is TP gain and atk speed. I dont want it to stack with Haste. All I want is the effect.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-17 17:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Meredoc said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Remora.Meredoc said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Remora.Meredoc said:

So Sam/Blitz does not have the same effect as haste regarding damage output? None of my questions are directed at spell casting reduction. Can use Caster's Roll for that.

You can't stack -delay with haste, no.

They are calculated separately.

You calculate -delay first, and then you add haste. And this does not give the same final delay as if you had stacked the -delay with the haste.

I'll use the sword strap example:
Remora.Meredoc said:

The only thing Im asking about is TP gain and atk speed. I dont want it to stack with Haste. All I want is the effect.

Right, but as I pointed out, the fact that they don't stack and are calculated separately, does make a difference.

If you could stack them, you would get a lower delay. If you apply -delay first (which is what you should do), and then add haste... the final delay will be higher than if you could stack them together. Therefore, you will have less attack speed than if blitz roll had been haste. That's why we say it's not haste, and it does matter.

Not to mention that it will be just bad if it is, in fact, breaking an X-hit build, and this depends on your storeTP, and that depends on your TP per hit, which depends on your weapon's delay etc.

[+]
 Remora.Meredoc
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-09-17 17:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Remora.Meredoc said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Remora.Meredoc said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Remora.Meredoc said:

You can't stack -delay with haste, no.

They are calculated separately.

You calculate -delay first, and then you add haste. And this does not give the same final delay as if you had stacked the -delay with the haste.

I'll use the sword strap example:
Remora.Meredoc said:

Right, but as I pointed out, the fact that they don't stack and are calculated separately, does make a difference.

If you could stack them, you would get a lower delay. If you apply -delay first (which is what you should do), and then add haste... the final delay will be higher than if you could stack them together. Therefore, you will have less attack speed than if blitz roll had been haste. That's why we say it's not haste, and it does matter.

Not to mention that it will be just bad if it is, in fact, "breaking an X-hit build", and this depends on your STORETP, and that depends on your TP per hit, which depends on your weapon's delay etc.

Who's on first?

Please remember Sam/Blitz Combo. Not just Blitz
[+]
 Remora.Meredoc
By Remora.Meredoc 2010-09-17 17:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish someone would direct me to a web page with some tests on this roll and other rolls mixed with it. It would really help.