COR Haste Roll From The Update.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » COR Haste Roll From the Update.
COR Haste Roll From the Update.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kireime
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Kireina
By Quetzalcoatl.Kireime 2010-08-27 05:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:

With true shot, /RNG looks a little more appealing. Not to mention our new ranged haste snapshot roll. It might be worthwhile to cap winning streak and have more time to shoot than to constantly run back and forth between groups.

My logic is that buffing the main DDs' dmg to my max potential will outweigh any dmg I could have contributed during that 1min of extra downtime.
In my case, the only downtime is running to give the mages refresh. Too often, I've had mobs die, before I could get more than 1-2 shots off, which is why I prefer to be up front meleeing for tp. Not to mention it's more cost effective than bullet spam

I do, however, acknowledge that either way is likely to lead to similar results. Assuming the cor is competent.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-27 05:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kireime said:
Fenrir.Tool said:

With true shot, /RNG looks a little more appealing. Not to mention our new ranged haste snapshot roll. It might be worthwhile to cap winning streak and have more time to shoot than to constantly run back and forth between groups.

My logic is that buffing the main DDs' dmg to my max potential will outweigh any dmg I could have contributed during that 1min of extra downtime.
In my case, the only downtime is running to give the mages refresh. Too often, I've had mobs die, before I could get more than 1-2 shots off, which is why I prefer to be up front meleeing for tp. Not to mention it's more cost effective than bullet spam

I do, however, acknowledge that either way is likely to lead to similar results. Assuming the cor is competent.

Oh of course, shooting is unrealistic except for bosses or something with ridiculous amounts of HP.

However, I also figure, the longer the duration (especially with the introduction of 10 minute #11s), the more effective and thus beneficial to everyone to have the rolls they do, which is why IMO it goes hand in hand with snake eye as that allows the most convenient path to obtaining 11 rather than hoping for the best and having bust erase handy every 5 minutes.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-08-27 05:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ok guys i got the answer the the tp- from new haste roll.

ready?

roll 1 = Blitzers roll

roll 2 = Samurai roll

= all haste kknp = :Q exp/zerg
 Quetzalcoatl.Kireime
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kireina
By Quetzalcoatl.Kireime 2010-08-27 06:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

To quote myself from the job tweak thread

Quetzalcoatl.Kireime said:

My gut tells me 2 rolls (att+da, att+stp etc) is better than a 1 roll combined pseudo-haste (-delay+stp)

But it'll need to be mathed out to actually see which one wins

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-27 06:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Having to use one roll to counter another if this is the case with how the "haste" roll works then it is worthless and we should move on.

Sad but true.

You'd have to determine when the roll is beneficial and when it's detrimental, however, there's still the off-chance that the effect granted could qualify as "Flurry" and thus not be factored into the final TP gain.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-27 06:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Having to use one roll to counter another if this is the case with how the "haste" roll works then it is worthless and we should move on.

Sad but true.

You'd have to determine when the roll is beneficial and when it's detrimental, however, there's still the off-chance that the effect granted could qualify as "Flurry" and thus not be factored into the final TP gain.

True, and if it does happen to require a counteracting role we can always have it on in those double COR pts!

lol

The Snapshot roll was a lot better news, Corsair excels in getting wierd back-line buff abilities like the more Powerful(Until ballad III...) Evoker's roll, the Magic Accuracy roll, and the Magic Attack roll.

If the Attack Speed roll does not hurt TP gain, it at least makes Corsair an Option to Bard, if a significantly weaker one, instead of just giving up on creating a party period. Regardless of "Haste" though, I still argue that, like Stun on DRK, Elegy alone makes bard more useful than Corsair by a factor of a thousand.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-27 07:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

My entire shell laughed at me when I said COR was getting a haste roll... Now who's laughing! Hahahahahahaha!

I'm happy, though. I'll expectantly await to see whether or not this lowers TP gained similarly to delay reduction, or whether it actually is haste.
[+]
 Leviathan.Belius
Server: Leviathan
user: Belius
By Leviathan.Belius 2010-08-27 07:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

D: They will never be able to rotate parties like BRD can dammit.
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-27 07:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very sad now.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2010-08-27 12:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Belius said:
D: They will never be able to rotate parties like BRD can dammit.

How about Roll---> Random deal ---> roll again
-->2hr---> switch pt -----> roll---> Random deal ----> roll again

Edit: Assuming you already have a bust effect on you so you can only keep one buff on yourself
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-08-27 12:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Damiyen said:

5)Cor's like Fold (I think its useless if your smart enuf not to double up on 6)

This makes my head hurt.

/rage mode on:

If you're too scared to double up on a 6, get off the job.
because Unless you can hit the lucky each and EVERY time (Which you WON'T)... you're not working to the full potential of the roll... and should keep rolling!!!!

Screw COR's who roll and are like "***... a 6... I'm gonna stop now"

or even worse... the one's who roll ONCE... and get like a 2 on a roll who's Lucky (for arguements sake) is a 5...
and they just ***'n stop. Like "Ta-Da!! Me roll dice! I can has cookie now?"

*** You. Keep rolling. And make it better you lazy jackasses.

UGH!!!!!!!

/rage mode off

EDIT:
Funny Story, I was in a Party with a COR who wouldn't roll more then once. No matter WHAT ***'n number he hit.
When I asked him why... his response was "I play COR efficiently"

I've never wanted to set a man on fire before... until that day.
[+]
 Fenrir.Havster
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2010-08-27 12:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Most COR's can't buff for ***. The amount of Bad cor's in XI is staggering. Maybe it's a shiva thing, but seriously...

They struggle to keep one buff on.

This.

They upset me....... badly. I hate cheap lazy CORs.

Second only to CORs that roll then stand there picking their arse not even RA'ing.

Cant afford to pay for the bullets? go get a Joytoy and find a friendly crafter.

Cant be arsed to get a Joytoy? *** off leveling COR then.

Sore subject for me.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-08-27 13:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Havster said:

This.

They upset me....... badly. I hate cheap lazy CORs.

Second only to CORs that roll then stand there picking their arse not even RA'ing.

Cant afford to pay for the bullets? go get a Joytoy and find a friendly crafter.

Cant be arsed to get a Joytoy? *** off leveling COR then.

Sore subject for me.

I agree completely
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2010-08-27 13:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:

/rage mode on:

because Unless you can hit the lucky each and EVERY time (Which you WON'T)... you're not working to the full potential of the roll... and should keep rolling!!!!

or even worse... the one's who roll ONCE... and get like a 2 on a roll who's Lucky (for arguements sake) is a 5...

UGH!!!!!!!

/rage mode off

Agreed, some buffs are so weak when landed a 6, sometimes it's better to keep rolling, especially No.11 now stays longer, taking risks and try to get to 11 is more rewarding than it used to be.

Of course, it depends on the situations(and the rolls you used) kinda, sometimes it's better to take risks for better buffs, sometimes it's not.
 Fenrir.Havster
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2010-08-27 13:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
Damiyen said:

5)Cor's like Fold (I think its useless if your smart enuf not to double up on 6)

This makes my head hurt.

/rage mode on:

UGH!!!!!!!

/rage mode off

EDIT:
Funny Story, I was in a Party with a COR who wouldn't roll more then once. No matter WHAT ***'n number he hit.
When I asked him why... his response was "I play COR efficiently"

I've never wanted to set a man on fire before... until that day.

And totally agree with this too.

Know your rolls, if its only a 33% chance of getting a worse roll (1 being a bust of course but then thats what fold, Random Deal is for especially if you get the Comm frac). Snake eye gives you much more control out of the 3 (my norm) rolls you have going on.

What I mean by know your rolls is Evokers for example, hit a 6, stay on 6 since its pointless trying to trump it when the chances of better stats are 33% (10 or 11).

People saying they are playing efficiently are kidding themselves imo, your just not maximising your potential.

I bust very seldom and for the times I do its a straight Fold, Random Deal, roll again.

ONLY time I will be a bit more cautious is when Fold isnt up, but even then you still have to know your rolls and know the risks - lets not forget that a Bust only effects YOU, it doesnt stop you still putting 2 rolls on your pty members. In this regard your bust is a worthwhile risk.

Again though this is all imo, and im sure people disagree /shrug.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-08-27 13:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Havster said:

People saying they are playing efficiently are kidding themselves imo, your just not maximising your potential.

I bust very seldom and for the times I do its a straight Fold, Random Deal, roll again.

ONLY time I will be a bit more cautious is when Fold isnt up, but even then you still have to know your rolls and know the risks - lets not forget that a Bust only effects YOU, it doesnt stop you still putting 2 rolls on your pty members. In this regard your bust is a worthwhile risk.

^This

Totally This.

When I bust... its the same: Fold > Random Deal > Roll Again.
If ya bust without it up, then cry me a river cause only the COR is taking the penalty.

So sad that some COR's WHAAAAAAA over bust.
Lets take a look at one of the focuses of your Job.
COR (1) Buffing Party (5 other people)

There's an old saying... "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
COR (few) Buffing Party (Many)

Suck up the bust and keep rolling.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-08-27 13:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I basically designed my COR around zergs and stuff like rotations. Quick Draw was meaningless to me. The vast majority of things I could solo as COR, I could do faster, safer, and more enjoyably as RDM.

5/5 Winning Streak is a 6 minute, 40 second duration roll. Let's say you have 3 parties...
Party 1: A buff like Hunter's Roll > Random Deal to reset your Phantom Roll > Chaos Roll

Both rolls are at ~6:30 remaining by the time you hop in your next party.
Party 2: Fold > Wait the duration for next roll > Chaos Roll > Wait 1 minute > Another buff other than Chaos or Hunter's.

The original party's rolls are at ~4:20 remaining by the time you get into the final party. The second party still has ~5:30 and ~6:30 on their respective rolls.
Party 3: Bards start their rotation > Hunter's(or something else you may need) > Wait 1 minute > Chaos Roll

The starting party has ~2:10 by the time you start fighting, which is slightly more than non-Troub'd BRD songs. While you're in the final party, you can wait for everyone to finish using their 2hrs, then bam, pop your Wild Card. I've done this for a couple of Kirin burns before. I was not asked to do this, I pretty much led the way after spending a minute thinking up how to land my rolls before the BRDs started.

With this new update, we can use that melee attack roll on the party that doesn't have a specific x-hit build. Or possibly combine that roll with Samurai roll to ensure they maintain their x-hit build.
[+]
By Damiyen 2010-08-27 15:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank god sumones thinking outside of the box, Cudoz to you sir.

Before you rage on my post/opinion i never said i didnt use fold, I just ommited "If your smart enuf not to re-roll on 6(when fold isnt up)"
As you can see i have fold merit'd and if you think i dont use it thats just silly lol

Cor can do rotation
Noone asks them to
By Damiyen 2010-08-27 15:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

after the 10minute roll update ive seen so many ***cor's busting and busting and busting because they just wanna hit a superlucky roll. Bust is absoluly terrible for your party and the cor itself, doesnt take a genious to figure that out.

Random Deal > Wild Card > Random Deal again definatly insures a quick buff rotation for 5 or 6 minutes, @ which point buffs start to be lost.
Will a zerg even last long enuf to care though? Probobly not aside from a fight like AV
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-08-27 15:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Damiyen said:
Before you rage on my post/opinion i never said i didnt use fold, I just ommited "If your smart enuf not to re-roll on 6(when fold isnt up)"
As you can see i have fold merit'd and if you think i dont use it thats just silly lol

I never said you didn't use fold either...
I raged at the: "5)Cor's like Fold (I think its useless if your smart enuf not to double up on 6)"

But thanks for reading and missing the point :D

P.S. can't check your "anon" merits :(

By Damiyen 2010-08-27 16:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i changed my pic and apparently it doesnt link to my account, i wrote it in an earlier post. I didnt miss your point @ all.
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-08-27 21:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I use SAM roll a lot, but especially when SAMs are present. Previously, since you only needed so much from SAM roll to get people to a point of x-hit in most cases, hitting the lucky/jackpot was sometimes superfluous. Now if you find yourself at 10 you can opt to snake eye to a 10 minute jackpot of +40~50 store tp and then pair it up with the haste roll.

Just a thought... because then it's not SAM roll countering a draw back to haste roll, but rather the haste roll allowing DDs to take full advantage of the SAM roll.

And as said umpteen times before: zomghaste4zerg.

And to tie back to the whole COR rotation brain storming, I almost always went to a Zerg on COR. I went MNK/drk if low on bodies to actually carry out the zerg, but otherwise I was there for buff rotation.

First I'd bust on purpose on a roll that didn't matter (like Corsair's roll) so I didn't have to rotate through 3 buffs; then I started the buff rotation which is pretty much the same as BRD rotation. I started about a minute before the Bards did so my initial party was done before the BRDs started and the second party would be done at about the time the BRDs finished. I have 3/5 winning streak so my buffs last 6 minutes.

With fold/random deal you're saved from a bust screwing you over and wasting your time.

Back to the haste roll:

Overall, I'm excited; there is no argument, it IS a useful roll; there ARE situations in which it is good (especially a zerg). Just because it isn't a roll that can take a permanent slot in the buff line in any and all situations isn't a bad thing, it allows for variety.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2010-08-27 23:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Damiyen said:

Cor can do rotation
Noone asks them to

The way Mahayaya does, you'd have to wait longer for the recast time, in events with a time limit, such as Einherjar, when time is running out it won't be as useful.

What they mean is, you CAN do rotation, but BRDs do them more efficiently.

Damiyen said:
after the 10minute roll update ive seen so many ***cor's busting and busting and busting because they just wanna hit a superlucky roll. Bust is absoluly terrible for your party and the cor itself, doesnt take a genious to figure that out.

Busting when fold isn't up is not stupid, unless you really really need the roll you busted. Yes, your pt lost buffs, but if you double-up on a 6 30~40 sec after you roll, your pt only lose buffs for a very short time. Depending on the situation, carrying a bust effect is always not a bad thing too, if you land a bad number on one of your buff, having a bust effect allows you to redo that roll 1 min sooner because you can overwrite it right after another roll. COR lost one buff, but pt members are getting better buffs, it's still situationally useful. Stop acting like busting is the end of the world.
 Unicorn.Fosgate
Server: Unicorn
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-09-05 12:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on the roll, ill bust on purpose, even if fold isnt ready. Take for example an 8 on chaos roll. Im not going to waste snake eye for a 9 when i can save it for Lucky-1 or a 10. Any Cor that gives crap buffs is a crap cor. Because really whats better for the party, 5 mins of an unlucky crap roll, or 1 minute with no roll and then then next 4 with a better one? Cor is there primarily to buff the party, and THEN deal damage.

And to the guy that says Cor shouldnt double up on a 6, are you crazy? Would you give people minuet 3 instead of 4 on brd? hell no. You have a 1/6 chance of busting. IF you DONT double up, you have a 100% chance of being a terrible corsair. Play the odds, roll for the party, not yourself.

(P.s i get furious when any cor stops ~7 and hasnt used fold yet)
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-09-17 14:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

SE said:

1 White Mage 14.06%
2 Red Mage 13.07%
3 Black Mage 12.50%
4 Thief 8.39%
5 Warrior 7.79%
6 Monk 6.49%
7 Paladin 5.51%
8 Ninja 4.73%
9 Samurai 4.27%
10 Bard 3.01%
11 Dark Knight 2.97%
12 Dragoon 2.73%
13 Dancer 2.67%
14 Blue Mage 2.60%
15 Beastmaster 2.39%
16 Summoner 1.93%
17 Ranger 1.49%
18 Scholar 1.41%
19 Puppetmaster 1.07%
20 Corsair 0.92%

fail roll <- fail roll +1
By Artemicion 2010-09-17 14:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look, it's the guy who doesn't even play anymore but stalks the forums to make butthurt posts about total nonsense. Hi!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyofooyo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyofooyo
By Carbuncle.Kyofooyo 2010-09-17 15:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
SE said:

1 White Mage 14.06%
2 Red Mage 13.07%
3 Black Mage 12.50%
4 Thief 8.39%
5 Warrior 7.79%
6 Monk 6.49%
7 Paladin 5.51%
8 Ninja 4.73%
9 Samurai 4.27%
10 Bard 3.01%
11 Dark Knight 2.97%
12 Dragoon 2.73%
13 Dancer 2.67%
14 Blue Mage 2.60%
15 Beastmaster 2.39%
16 Summoner 1.93%
17 Ranger 1.49%
18 Scholar 1.41%
19 Puppetmaster 1.07%
20 Corsair 0.92%

fail roll <- fail roll +1

What? I don't even understand what you're trying to say here.