users online
Forum » FFXI » General » November 2023 Version Update
November 2023 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12
By Godfry 2023-11-11 01:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubaiii said: »
Few questions:-

for static parties, currently it's one person farm the impish box and use it daily, and other keep theirs as Entery item?

others that did not use impish box, are they eligible to recieve personal drop, or could they enter the fight without the Impish box, if the leader has one?

1) Just party leaders use theirs.
2) Everyone has a chance at drop.
VIP
By Lili 2023-11-11 04:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Agrestic said: »
Does anybody else's gearswap start spewing errors during this fight? Feels like some event (the effect of lets tango maybe) goes unhandled and the libraries can't tell what's going on.

Yes... anyone know how to fix this?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57459/windower-v4-dev-tracker/#3683098
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-11-11 07:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

so.....SE gonna at least acknowledge the porter slips issue?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-11 08:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

In a week, or two, when they feel like it.

Detrimental? Eh, eventually
Beneficial!? RIGHT *** NOW
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2023-11-11 08:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

Is it a localization problem, or is it affecting the important playerbase too?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-11 08:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

They're still completely usable, they're just "difficult" to identify.

It's an annoyance/inconvenient, not a problem. (and even if it was, they wouldn't care)
[+]
By K123 2023-11-11 09:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So the person using the item to pop the flans - can only tank pop safely? Or is a DD in 50% DT ok? Are they sleepable?
Would tank, RDM RDM RDM BRD WHM kill it with ease with just enspells?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-11-11 09:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

haven't read all the recent thread, but thought I would share finding.

The "Let's Tango" mechanic despawns pets, so this is a terrible fight for pet jobs ;.;

YOu CAN out-range the "Lets Tango" mechanic. I outranged it at 23' but not at 20.

Aoe Damage is reduced to 0.

You cannot open multiple imp boxes in 1 battle. so cannot ramp it up to 12~36 Flan Princess.

And the update notes seem to be incorrect. Even if you are not the one trading the imp box, it seems you are still locked out until after jp midnight.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-11-11 09:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
It REALLY doesn't help that the BG wiki is woefully out of date when it comes to listing mob locations...
Tarage said: »
Yeah I just remembered they existed. Seriously though, look at this ***: https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Imp
FFXIClopedia isn't any better. No one updates ***anymore.

You did remember to update when you had information that wasn't present right?
[+]
By Taint 2023-11-11 09:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Zero luck on Imp Box after about 3 hours. Last hour I had full BRD songs (ACC) and Hunters roll.

ML36 THF, no steal gear. There has to be another way....
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
Server: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2023-11-11 10:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally agree it's a terrible fight for pets thanks to pet de pops, but I still bring a smn lol.

Ifrits enfire is just so ridiculously stronger than any other enspell in ffxi, that i was seeing auto attack attack rounds as high as 7k-10k on my rdm with it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-11 11:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Zero luck on Imp Box after about 3 hours. Last hour I had full BRD songs (ACC) and Hunters roll.

I mean one THF it's gonna blow. Don't do it solo. If you purposely make it hard on yourself, don't complain that it's harder than it should be.

Take the imp hp to 10% use the AF+3 feet and bring bodies cor/thf or thf/cor do the rd/wc and be done in 5 minutes.

Maybe try bolster torpor/precision. Always stick feint.
 Asura.Midgitis
By Asura.Midgitis 2023-11-11 11:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if you've been around lately, but ffxi is a solo game now. Maybe duo if you have 2 alts and your friend has 2 alts. Otherwise, 1 controller and 6 accounts.

Random is random, keep stealing.
By drakefs 2023-11-11 11:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Whats worse: Personal loot pools or Sortie earrings?

Sortie Earring, by orders of magnitude (by feeling and likely by math).
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-11 12:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think sortie +2 earrings are like a unofficial Mog Bonanza...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-11 12:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Midgitis said: »
Idk if you've been around lately, but ffxi is a solo game now. Maybe duo if you have 2 alts and your friend has 2 alts. Otherwise, 1 controller and 6 accounts.

Maybe in your experience. I did this fight yesterday twice. One time with 5 players (I was multi-boxing a friend's account since he's too busy IRL to do this crap) and a second time with 6 players.
By Shuko 2023-11-11 13:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Took around 3 hours to get the first imp box, second one I got on my first try.

Got the meat drop first run, which I recorded, and the CS you get for turning the item in.

Its a pretty quirky fight, not sure what to call the new ailment, reminds me of berserk.

Link to it is here: https://youtu.be/P_7987D8R4w?si=VU7ZZQeWOaAbnRlJ

-Edit Yes, you do get the armor after the first trade in, he says he'll take more, I'm not sure what later items would be, but my guess is something not too big, like a silver voucher
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-11-11 14:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
I think sortie +2 earrings are like a unofficial Mog Bonanza...

Only for jobs you play. You're more than welcome to have it for any jobs you do not play. :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-11-11 14:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't watch the release video is the mob expected to change every month?
I've been reading forum posts here and there.
The provoke mechanic is very frustrating it's causing problems with multiple of my plugins.

Physical and hybrid as expectedweren't very effective against the slimes, and it's difficult to make a sc with the random provoke. Even our scholar had trouble making scs with the provoke rate.

I want to try some blu spells, but my group wants me to rune fence next time. If anyone has tested both the damage and maybe the effect of gravity and entomb, I'd be interested to see how well they work.

From the effect of the hybrids I tried, I think light sc based elements might be on the low end, but then again, Sam might just be a very poor choice for this mob. That being said, if anyone has tried lullaby, I would be curious to see if it lands.

I was able to land sleep 2 from my geo, which isn't greatly geared for enfeebling, but I couldn't land sleep 1.

Dark magic attacks might be the way to go like leaden
Maybe ice nukes?

Bard may display inaccurate info, including about people, so double-check its responses. Your privacy & Bard
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-11-11 14:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Stymie bind lands, if the fight wasn't so easy with just pld tank+ enspells/nukes i'd maybe try using rdm/sch and manifestation AoE bind them as close to the window as possible, and try pulling 1 mob all the way down the stairs for the team to wreck.

I'd be curious to see if the charm/berserk would make players run all the way to the bound mobs on the opposite side of the arena, or wud we all just keep wrecking the single target that's right next to us.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-11-11 15:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Whats worse: Personal loot pools or Sortie earrings?

I’ve done sortie regularly since it came out. I built about 20 different +3 empyrean pieces for my jobs, built a stage 4 prime, have nearly 3 million Galla saved for w/e down the line, and my group regularly clears all 8 bosses. That’s more time in there than the majority of players will spend.

In that time I’ve seen two +2 earrings (and I consider myself lucky because both are for jobs I play), and there is STILL a +1 that I want and have never gotten a drop of.. ever. I’ve opened thousands of old cases, a good 50-100 +1 cases, gotten dozens of duplicate +1 s for some jobs and only a handful of others, and there is still that one job that no matter how many boxes I open I cannot get a stinkin +1 for. I don’t even want the +2 here, just the white box is all I’d like.

The sortie earring system is the biggest crap shoot of a gacha machine type RNG fest I have ever seen in any game. It’s magnitudes worse than anything else. Personal loot boxes don’t hold a candle to the unreasonably ridiculous RNG that the earring systems throw at us.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-11-11 15:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kruel said: »
I'd be curious to see if the charm/berserk would make players run all the way to the bound mobs on the opposite side of the arena, or wud we all just keep wrecking the single target that's right next to us.

It appears that each Flan tango's a different player. By using Tellapart, we were able to verify that each character always goes to engage the same flan, and when that flan dies that character stopped getting tango'd. This created issues when we tried to sleepga them all, as you can imagine.

It might also have just been coincidence, we only did three fights so far after all.
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2023-11-11 16:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I wanted to test it more just to see if there was a maximum range that we could maybe get outside of, as far as running to a target goes.

I did test the charm range and it's pretty much the entire arena, so I know we can't outrun the charm itself.

Not holding my breath that'd it'd actually work, but one of those things worth testing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-11 17:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

I experienced the same. It took well over 6 hours, and then someone I know went out and got it in 10 minutes. I can only recommend the following:

• Have THF AF Feet for Steal +15

• Bring the Imp down to low HP, preferably under 25%, but from testimonials, under 10% could be better.

• Have decent accuracy. I had over 1600. Not sure if Feint/Conspirator helps.

• Despoil is a waste of time. It only steals Imp Wings or Horns.

• Ignore aiming for TP moves. Do Steal as frequently as possible. Don't get caught by Abrasive's Amnesia or it will slow you down.

[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-11-11 17:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, truly you are best going with a group of players. As suggested previously. 2-3 thf, maybe 2 cor or 3 if you only bring 2 thf and some sort of job to keep its attention and be self sufficient, probably PLD/THF. Get it down less than 10% I would say, and steal > rd > steal > rd > steal > wc > steal > rd > steal > wc > steal > rd > steal etc etc etc lol. Likely get 35-40 steals off in 5 minutes.

I would hope someone amongst the party would get it.

I have tried solo, got it once. First attempt an hour+ and nothing. Second attempt after getting a few steal+ swaps now steal+20. Got it in probably 40 minutes or so. Not efficient whatsoever solo waiting on cooldown is the agonizingly slow part.
By Agrestic 2023-11-11 19:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shuko said: »
Its a pretty quirky fight, not sure what to call the new ailment, reminds me of berserk.
It's called 'animate/animated' in the combat log. I have no idea why they went with that localization apart from berserk/charm already being taken by other status effects (not that that stopped XI from overloading 'curse').
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-11-11 21:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So interestingly enough, Third run doing this, this time as PLD as opposed to SCH. I got stuck in my phalanx set on PLD fighting the flans and couldn't access menu to even try and manually swap back pieces. Couldn't use macros, menu, anything for that matter. So be mindful if you are tanking. Nearly died because I got caught in phalanx set after they ripped most my buffs off already. Probably wise to just stay in one set.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-11 22:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

For whoever is still wondering, it is just adaman breastplate

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-11-12 00:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm to understand this doesnt scale with the amount of players? I was hoping to attempt solos with 2 alts buffing me then standing as far away as possible, but it's sounding like it's too difficult to attempt? Sad I can't treat this like a new HTMB and farm it on a lower scale
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12