user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-11-12 04:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i need to do it but need key!
By Tarage 2023-11-12 04:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »
Tarage said: »
It REALLY doesn't help that the BG wiki is woefully out of date when it comes to listing mob locations...
Yeah I just remembered they existed. Seriously though, look at this ***: https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Imp
FFXIClopedia isn't any better. No one updates ***anymore.

You did remember to update when you had information that wasn't present right?

If it were one mob, sure. When it's THIS out of date, no, I don't feel like adding years worth of content.
VIP
By Lili 2023-11-12 05:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If it were one mob, sure. When it's THIS out of date, no, I don't feel like adding years worth of content.

And this is why it goes stale.
It's a wiki. There's a few people working on it, but they can't possibly do EVERYTHING. If you have updated info, add it - don't feel pressured into fixing everything. Fix one thing. You fix one thing, I fix one thing, and soon suddenly the wiki is not outdated anymore.

It's a collective effort. Be part of the solution.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-11-12 08:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This just in: I got my box, was afking right there, a JP party comes down, and they manage to steal two boxes from the same Imp.
By Hopalong 2023-11-12 09:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly another case of: JP button!!!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-12 10:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »

And this is why it goes stale.
It's a wiki. There's a few people working on it, but they can't possibly do EVERYTHING. If you have updated info, add it - don't feel pressured into fixing everything. Fix one thing. You fix one thing, I fix one thing, and soon suddenly the wiki is not outdated anymore.

It's a collective effort. Be part of the solution.

I used to keep the FFXIClopedia updated, but then BG decided to start their own wiki causing a huge split in the community. Just walked away after that.
VIP
By Lili 2023-11-12 10:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
I used to keep the FFXIClopedia updated, but then BG decided to start their own wiki causing a huge split in the community. Just walked away after that.

The split happened for a very good reason - and the current struggles of clopedia against Fandom management are proof of it.
However, there's also many very good reasons to not want anything to do with the wiki. That's understandable. But:

Quote:
No one updates ***anymore.
Says somebody not updating ***.

See my point?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Server: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2023-11-12 11:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but you get 10 JP per kill instead of Exemplar Points if you are doing the flans on a non-mastered job.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-12 12:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
The split happened for a very good reason - and the current struggles of clopedia against Fandom management are proof of it.
However, there's also many very good reasons to not want anything to do with the wiki. That's understandable. But:

Oh I understand why it happened, but the whole tone of the BG crowd at that time was a very big turnoff. There is a reason we've congregated to ffxiah forum instead of BGforum.
[+]
By K123 2023-11-12 15:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This stealing ***is real dumb. They should have just made it a rare drop then you could at least EP on them rather than hold an imp for half an hour.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-12 15:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
This stealing ***is real dumb. They should have just made it a rare drop then you could at least EP on them rather than hold an imp for half an hour.

Then you'd be saying everyone is always at the imps we can't ever get one cause they're dead all the time and it's dumb. Why couldn't it be merits like every other battlefield it's dumb. Why isn't it just an orb battle getting X merits like everything else is dumb.

It'd be dumb no matter what. Do something different, no not like that. Everything is the same as everything else be original, no not like that. It should be like enm but you pick up the KI from a ??? on the ground every day... Why is there an hour long queue everyones here every day I wish they did this instead.

(If you at least gave a sincere it's not fair cause I never leveled thf and open battles shouldn't force you to have a specific job you'd maybe have a point, you'd still be wrong but it would at least be a fair point)
[+]
By Bosworth 2023-11-12 15:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you get the body piece, is there any reason keep doing the content? What other rewards can you get with the meat?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-12 16:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bosworth said: »
Once you get the body piece, is there any reason keep doing the content? What other rewards can you get with the meat?

You can get Exemplar Points while helping others to get theirs.
[+]
By Bosworth 2023-11-12 16:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What was the point of making this a "daily" then o.o
By K123 2023-11-12 16:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
K123 said: »

Then you'd be saying everyone is always at the imps we can't ever get one cause they're dead all the time and it's dumb. Why couldn't it be merits like every other battlefield it's dumb. Why isn't it just an orb battle getting X merits like everything else is dumb.

It'd be dumb no matter what. Do something different, no not like that. Everything is the same as everything else be original, no not like that. It should be like enm but you pick up the KI from a ??? on the ground every day... Why is there an hour long queue everyones here every day I wish they did this instead.

(If you at least gave a sincere it's not fair cause I never leveled thf and open battles shouldn't force you to have a specific job you'd maybe have a point, you'd still be wrong but it would at least be a fair point)
There are loads of the imps and they respawn fast. I've had THF 75 since before you started puberty. Stealing method still sucks. It should be +x in gear = +x% for the rare item steal or something.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-11-12 19:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bosworth said: »
What was the point of making this a "daily" then o.o

Prolong the content? Directly address congestion issues head on? Provide a quick way to earn EP almost effortless rather than party for hours? Eliminate merc possibilty?

Just a few
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-12 19:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

PLANNNNNED MISERY
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-11-12 21:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
This stealing ***is real dumb

It's not something you should do solo. My sortie group has been farming the fight for the past 3 days. After our sortie run we do the fight for the 60k exemplar and possible meats, then change to thief/cor or cor/thf and farm another pop as a group. It's still a terrible drop rate but with coordinated resets a bunch of random deals and wild cards can net 3-4 hours worth of steal attempts if you were solo in a 5-10 minute time frame. It's taken us about 5-10 minutes to get the horn each night, and it's still pretty dumb, but it's a far cry better than if you try it solo. The bonus 60k exemplar per day is quite nice. This is a good way to get some jobs caught up to Mlvl 30-40 ish range.

Unfortunately, the exemplar per level skyrockets the last 10 levels. It costs roughly 5.9 million exemplar to go from Mlvl 40-45, which is just over 3 months of daily 6 person flan farms. 45-50 is an additional 16.8 million exemplar, which is 280 days worth of flan farming. So even if you cleared the battlefield daily with 6 people it would still take you over a full year to take a job from mlvl 40-50 from just the battlefield. That puts into perspective just how crazy those last 10 levels really are.
 Asura.Helmaru
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2023-11-13 00:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

After our fight today we were asking ourselfs if the 'charm' move only happens when a flan has no player meleeing them?

Has anyone tried to have one person on each flan the entier fight?

Would make sense given the amount of player = amount of flans.
By Shichishito 2023-11-13 01:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Prolong the content? Directly address congestion issues head on? Provide a quick way to earn EP almost effortless rather than party for hours? Eliminate merc possibilty?
The right question would be why add the steal shenanigans instead of a daily entry KI accumulation system.

A good reason to send people in the field would be to emphasis exemplar points parties, along the lines of if they are already out there some will stay for EP.

However, as been mentioned already the optimal setup for stealing is a mix of THF, COR main/sub COR/THF. The need to steal your own entry item + increased chance of steal success at low mob HP + beeing able to steal multiple boxes from the same Imp as someone reported, pretty much dictates holding the mob at < 25% HP and go 5 x THF/COR or vice versa COR/THF and maybe one healer/THF for cures and sleep.

At this point I can't leave this up to karma anymore. Needles and voodoo dolls guys, like the knitting sized ones.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-11-13 01:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Why /COR?
I get the COR main is for Random Deal > Wild Card > Random Deal so you get more Steal attempts, but /COR? What is that for?
By Shichishito 2023-11-13 01:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I think someone mentioned /COR befor and I just parroted it without checking ability LVL requirements.
I assume it came up cause it wasn't clear at that point wether or not despoil could also grab the entry item?

Either way, forcing a specific job combo is another missed opportunity.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-11-13 02:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything I was happy for this charade about Steal because I was hoping a large amount of samples would've been gathered and eventually that would've increased the knowledge of "Steal" and especially "steal+" gear.
That got me really excited lol

But alas, so far no good =/
[+]
By Shichishito 2023-11-13 02:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, just noticed there is a fair bit of + steal gear and most of it is THF main exclusive so depending on the base steal success rate and how + steal gear works THF main might still make sense.
By zixxer 2023-11-13 02:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Tested/confirmed:

You need to be near the cutter to be able to be entered in the Peach Power fight.

No one else but the leader can pop a imp box.
 Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl
Server: Ragnarok
user: Latravant
By Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl 2023-11-13 05:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone else having their mog storage slips breaking?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l5QvzB09EtoBzHH4uLN9LMvYYXZNed9L/view?usp=sharing
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-11-13 06:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, SE pushed a bad dat so they're broken for everyone atm (only specific ones, like 20-29?)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl
Server: Ragnarok
user: Latravant
By Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl 2023-11-13 06:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ok ty wasnt sure if it was windower or pol
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12