November 2023 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-11-13 08:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Iamarealgirl said: »

it was only the display that is bonkers right now- they will trade individually and with PorterPacker just fine.

Not exactly easy to know which you're trading when, but PP doesn't care if that's your concern (I rarely meet folks who use the Porter Moogles long without hunting down that addon, sorry for generalizing).
By K123 2023-11-13 08:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:
This stealing ***is real dumb

It's not something you should do solo. My sortie group has been farming the fight for the past 3 days. After our sortie run we do the fight for the 60k exemplar and possible meats, then change to thief/cor or cor/thf and farm another pop as a group. It's still a terrible drop rate but with coordinated resets a bunch of random deals and wild cards can net 3-4 hours worth of steal attempts if you were solo in a 5-10 minute time frame. It's taken us about 5-10 minutes to get the horn each night, and it's still pretty dumb, but it's a far cry better than if you try it solo. The bonus 60k exemplar per day is quite nice. This is a good way to get some jobs caught up to Mlvl 30-40 ish range.

Unfortunately, the exemplar per level skyrockets the last 10 levels. It costs roughly 5.9 million exemplar to go from Mlvl 40-45, which is just over 3 months of daily 6 person flan farms. 45-50 is an additional 16.8 million exemplar, which is 280 days worth of flan farming. So even if you cleared the battlefield daily with 6 people it would still take you over a full year to take a job from mlvl 40-50 from just the battlefield. That puts into perspective just how crazy those last 10 levels really are.
I don't have any friends
[+]
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2023-11-13 09:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Why /COR?
I get the COR main is for Random Deal > Wild Card > Random Deal so you get more Steal attempts, but /COR? What is that for?

Wouldn't you still get Random Deal and get to keep your Steal+ equipment? I have never tried Random Deal as /COR, not sure if it's nerfed.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-13 09:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Dekoda said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Why /COR?
I get the COR main is for Random Deal > Wild Card > Random Deal so you get more Steal attempts, but /COR? What is that for?

Wouldn't you still get Random Deal and get to keep your Steal+ equipment? I have never tried Random Deal as /COR, not sure if it's nerfed.

Yes you do get RD, but no WC. RD isn't nerfed per se, but COR get merits and relic body to enhance its accuracy. I think a mix of both is probably most efficient. If going solo I'd probably go on THF/COR rather than COR/THF, but since steal gear's value is unknown, we probably don't know for a fact which has faster steal rates. I imagine it's gotta be THF though, since COR/THF has an advantage once every 45/20 minutes, and THF has it every 5.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2023-11-13 11:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Had an interesting run last night. Only a couple of charms got off and our group did something different last night. The RUN ended up not putting buffs back on himself, so he was speculating that charm happens when buffs are stolen. Going to try again next time to see if it holds true. The RUN also asked one of the RDMs to Styme + Manifestation + sleep 2 and it worked.
[+]
By K123 2023-11-13 11:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So who's going to set up a bot to use steal 1000 times with +0 +15 and +30 Steal to find the maths?
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2023-11-13 14:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just in case anyone without THF wanted to farm the pop to try Peach Power you can do it this way with the Romaa Mihgo trust. Just get the Imp below ~20% HP before it uses Blaze Spikes so it gets the horn out. Once the Imp puts up Blaze Spikes she'll attempt steal for an aura steal which can get the item instead.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2023-11-13 16:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
Had an interesting run last night. Only a couple of charms got off and our group did something different last night. The RUN ended up not putting buffs back on himself, so he was speculating that charm happens when buffs are stolen. Going to try again next time to see if it holds true. The RUN also asked one of the RDMs to Styme + Manifestation + sleep 2 and it worked.

Just tried a Run without buffs on tank, didn't seem to have the desired effect. I did end up using OFA and Valiance to establish hate which i forgot to cancel until after first charm, but after that was routinely cancelling buffs and we were still getting hit.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-13 23:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That ain't why, lul
(He also doesn't steal, no thf does except Romaa I believe)
((And only Nanaa has despoil, I believe))
By Felgarr 2023-11-13 23:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That ain't why, lul

Ok, then what's the explanation for Aldo UC?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-13 23:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bots

50% fasterer gil for last place (so many bots join last place that the bonus points make them first the following week)

Why do you think Flaviria is doubling Apururu right now, Aldo was last, last week so all the bots jumped to aldo this week.

Quote:
Unity members receive a +5% bonus to accolades gained for each ranking below 1st, with Rank 11 receiving +50%.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-11-14 02:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bots

50% fasterer gil for last place (so many bots join last place that the bonus points make them first the following week)

Why do you think Flaviria is doubling Apururu right now, Aldo was last, last week so all the bots jumped to aldo this week.

Quote:
Unity members receive a +5% bonus to accolades gained for each ranking below 1st, with Rank 11 receiving +50%.

I didn't know that, or at least, I must have forget. So they just spend that first/only 100k sparks/accolades? Does that 100k cap apply to both?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Felgarr 2023-11-16 04:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Dubaiii said: »
That ain't why, lul
((And only Nanaa has despoil, I believe))

I Was wondering Why Aldo is Higher by 150 point than Apururu which usually is on top of unity ranking, then I saw Indigla's post about THF trust and connected the two. I will test Aldo later after I do my Daily Peach Power run.

I didn't notice any mention of Trust Synergy between Aldo and Romaa, listed here: https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/BGWiki:Trusts#Aldo_(UC) ...so what's the connection between the two Trusts? I mean would Aldo's unity trust boost Romaa in some way?

Also, second question: Has anyone noticed that tanking the Peach Power fight is much easier on RUN, than on PLD? Does PLD tanking require an item-level shield like Srivasts or Duban? (Aegis is a non-starter, you just get crushed, especially when starting tank has no buffs).
By Nariont 2023-11-16 07:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If its anything phys based aegis is the worst shield to have on, even a basic ilvl shield will block better, so yes dubans good, or ochain/priwen
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-11-16 08:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on the mob level, Priwen may be at a greater disadvantage for this fight specifically. As you cannot maintain reprisal, and without it, Priwen's block rate drops massively. Which is unfortunate since Priwen has higher block dmg reduction than Ochain or Duban. And these things hit hard when they hit. The block dmg- is more relevant that normal since we can't keep phalanx up, so we take the full post block dmg.

I was taking about 60 dmg a hit, blocked, with Burtgang/Duban. Normally Phalanx would have zero'd that out. 156 unblocked. So that'd be 487 before PDT, then for a non Burtgang PLD 243 unblocked, and 97 blocked(Ochain/Duban).

These have terrible acc though. I had a 76% evasion rate wearing DEF focused gear.

I need to find out what level these are, but I think they're high enough to make using Priwen/Srivatsa without Reprisal look pretty bad. Very much an Ochain/Duban fight for PLD. I didn't parse at capped block rate, but I also didn't have them lined up in front of me the entire time. So who knows how many hits were flanking. That said Duban stage 4 parsed in the upper 90% range. Wasn't using a block focused set.

Also, PLD empy+3 set bonus actually does some work here. The hit hard enough that an absorbed hit recovers a few hits worth normal blocked hits worth of damage. So that can help a bit while you're animated and can't cure. God I wish PLD had a piece with the Turms hands HP recovery effect, except procing on block...
[+]
By K123 2023-11-16 09:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Can the charm be avoided with loads of Meva and Runeiest's roll etc.?
VIP
By Lili 2023-11-16 09:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheat Mode: they can't steal nor dispel Embrava.

K123 said: »

Not sure but there's definitely a way to avoid it since in the past few fights we did, 2 out of three characters didn't get tango'd. It appears to have to do with characters which didn't take any offensive action on the mobs yet, but it might have just been a blunder and a coincidence and just a meva resist.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-11-16 10:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
Hmm, It might not remove it from the player, but was anything done to verify that they didn't get a copy of the effect?
By Moonlightagb 2023-11-16 11:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Stepth said: »
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but you get 10 JP per kill instead of Exemplar Points if you are doing the flans on a non-mastered job.

In case nobody really noticed, I'd like to add that you get 10 JP per kill in addition to the 10k EP if your job IS mastered as well.

I dumped my JP into oboro so I wasn't capped and ended the fight up 60k EP and 60JP
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-11-16 14:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm most recent memloc post I see is for June Version update.

Can anyone confirm if it works or if we need a newer on?
VIP
By Lili 2023-11-16 15:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Hmm, It might not remove it from the player, but was anything done to verify that they didn't get a copy of the effect?

Yes, landing a 20k Kaustra and a 10k helix on each so that even if they get it, it doesn't matter :P
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2023-11-17 14:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »

K123 said: »

Not sure but there's definitely a way to avoid it since in the past few fights we did, 2 out of three characters didn't get tango'd. It appears to have to do with characters which didn't take any offensive action on the mobs yet, but it might have just been a blunder and a coincidence and just a meva resist.

Assuming it was a resist, I wonder if it was a Resist! or a magic evasion resist. Has anyone tried Fealty on it yet?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-17 14:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I went pld the first time (evasion run since then) and I definitely used fealty and want to say I remember being berserked even with it up, but I'm not 100%

Can tell you tenebrae pflug doesn't make you resist it any more often
[+]
By Guyford 2023-11-17 15:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So I doubt its resistable, but the dust cloud animation is red, which suggests the move is fire based. Try barfire and water runes if you wanna try to resist it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-17 16:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think each Flan will only use it on one person? If there are more players then flans remaining someone usually ends up not getting berserked.
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-11-17 16:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah pretty sure its not something that can be resisted, simply a numbers game ^^.
VIP
By Lili 2023-11-17 18:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It can either be resisted, or it has only a chance to land, or there's a gimmick. Today our SCH didn't get Tango'd on the first volley, and the SCH was the only one dealing damage (pld does banishga > sentinal > rampart to spike hate against kaustra's). All three Flans used it for sure.

I have been wondering if you're immune to it while casting...
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-11-18 08:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
Has anyone tried Fealty on it yet?
I have had Fealty up and still been animated.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12