Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » November 2023 Version Update
November 2023 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
By Atusuki 2023-11-09 02:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

JP report of it being stolen from a locus imp.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-11-09 02:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Big meh on the armor.
Looks pretty interesting to me?
It's gonna make SirD and other midcasts set so much more comfortable.
Some idle sets too.
It's not game changing but it's gonna be a nice QoL for several jobs.

It's more a matter of how much effort it will require to attain, but regardless of that it's a nice addition.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-09 02:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The Adamantite has way more defense than Nyame, and the 20 DT makes capping PDT even easier for all jobs. The only thing it sucks at is fighting anything magical. Adamantite being very physically durable has been its point in every Final Fantasy. Would have been nice to see some other pieces of equipment added to this fight, but it goes with the tradition of FFIV's Flan Princess, so it will do.

Atusuki said: »
JP report of it being stolen from a locus imp.

And now Thief's have to dust off all their Steal+ gear. The fact the Impish Box is Rare/Ex means anyone who wants to do this fight... needs to have Thief leveled somewhat. And you'd only be able to steal once from each Imp. Someone, preferably outside the party, would have to pull and hold several, and then wait for everyone to get their box. That sounds quite annoying.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-11-09 02:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
The only thing it sucks at is fighting anything magical.
Wut?
Is that a joke that I'm missing or what?

Adamantine Armor doesn't have BiS Meva, but it still has a pretty nice amount of it. Just because it's inferior to Sakpata/Nyame/Malignance doesn't mean it's ***. It's still higher than the average Meva you can find on bodies.
Plus you have that MDB+20 which is insanely high.

How does this make it "harder to fight against magic"? I don't get it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-09 02:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
The only thing it sucks at is fighting anything magical.
Wut?
Is that a joke that I'm missing or what?

Adamantine Armor doesn't have BiS Meva, but it still has a pretty nice amount of it. Just because it's inferior to Sakpata/Nyame/Malignance doesn't mean it's ***. It's still higher than the average Meva you can find on bodies.
Plus you have that MDB+20 which is insanely high.

How does this make it "harder to fight against magic"? I don't get it.

Well, no, it's not terrible, but anyone wanting to mitigate magic damage and status effects will naturally lean more toward magic evasion, of which there are many better options on all jobs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-11-09 03:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Against magic damage specifically MDB has arguably a better effect than Meva. Against status resistance it's a different story of course.
I don't get the "many".
Care to mention a few of these please?
There's nyame for everybody. Some get access to Sakpata, some to Malignance, and that's it?

Some Empy+3 bodies have similar values. The rest of Empy+3 bodies have ~109 Meva which is +2 over Adamantine, so... I dunno, anything I'm missing here?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Hovann 2023-11-09 03:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The ever classic 'JP Button' scenario.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-11-09 03:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically another "It takes hours to farm a single pop that only a handful of people will be able to do" fight?

Who the *** are they designing this game for?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-09 03:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Against magic damage specifically MDB has arguably a better effect than Meva. Against status resistance it's a different story of course.
I don't get the "many".
Care to mention a few of these please?
There's nyame for everybody. Some get access to Sakpata, some to Malignance, and that's it?

Some Empy+3 bodies have similar values. The rest of Empy+3 bodies have ~109 Meva which is +2 over Adamantine, so... I dunno, anything I'm missing here?

I don't really care to argue about this. Keeping it on topic by reporting my steal rate on Locus Imps. 0/3 so far, but only +20 Steal. If the steal rate is as terrible as I think it is, we'll need all the steal gear we can find to make it decent. And not everyone will have the time or patience for it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-09 03:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Really hope that item acquisition method isn't working as intended cause lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-09 03:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Really hope that item acquisition method isn't working as intended cause lol

If we're going with the lore of FFIV's Flan Princess... 1/64 chance of even getting the chance to do the fight, and 1/64 chance of getting the drop. It would be typically vintage of SE to do this.

Edit: I'm on about 0/8 so far on Steal and should be sleeping. If it really is a steal, then the rate sucks. I won't be doing this for much longer, lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
Server: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2023-11-09 03:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Successfully stole it from a Locus Imp, below 25% HP when it pulled out a horn to do a Tantara. This cannot possibly be the only way; I went 1/6 and the other 5 people in the party went 0/10 before we gave up and decided to try the fight with just my box.
[+]
By Tarage 2023-11-09 03:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, I ask, "Who is this designed for?"

I'm a programmer. Everything I make has to be based around the question "Who is this designed for?". Otherwise it's literally mental masturbation.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-11-09 03:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt stats matter but either way here we go

THF ML30
/BLM
Steal+24 gear

0/8 Steal
0/7 Despoil
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-09 03:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried Despoil but all I got was this lousy Imp Wing. I'm well over 0/12 now. I killed my Imp down some and am trying it under 5% HP. It will probably die to Dia III before I get this.

Edit: Ok, I have come to the conclusion that you most definitely would not farm this battlefield everyday, because most people won't have the patience to wait this out. The steal rate is very low. Probably best to make it a weekly thing and hope everyone went out and got a box in their own time.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-11-09 03:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody noticed something strange with Trust behaviour?
I've seen some things that I've never seen before:

Scenario1
I was engaged, an Imp casted Sleepga on our party hitting us all, but to not big effect because we had a dot on.
Yet the trusts all went into idle mode. They were moving around, but were staying disengaged.
I had to disengage and re-engage myself to re-start their AI

Scenario2
I was in a battlefield
Cast sleepga on a bunch of mobs then waited for the NM in the middle (immune to sleep) to come to me.
Engaged, trusts worked as normal. As soon as I killed I autotargeted a faraway monsters in the bunch I slept before, which was ~20 yalms away from me.
As I was engaged but distant, Qultada decided he was going YOLO and went in to the mob I was engaged to and he meleed it, waking it up.

o.o
[+]
 Bahamut.Noscrying
Server: Bahamut
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2023-11-09 03:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

kuroki said: »
can't get the gamepad config window to stay open with windower, haven't tried without. it launches and closes immediately.

opening it manually from ffxi config seems to work ok, though.

11-07-2023 10:19 AM #7
Gunisaka
Community Rep

Known Issues

We have confirmed an issue where the PadConfig tool does not launch even when pressing the Gamepad button within the game (European version only).
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-09 03:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, my Imp died, so I give up, lol. Might try again later today when I gather the rest of my Steal equipment, but I can't imagine it making much difference. Having a mob at low HP did not change anything. Could they have attached a gimmick to make the steal rate better? This Pink Flan fight is severely gated behind a totally unnecessary condition. Only crazy people would put themselves through this every day.
By zixxer 2023-11-09 04:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Took 3 steal attempts in total. Stolen on second mob. Zero steal+ gear. I had +15 steal gear on (Pillager's poulaines +3)

I waited until the horn was visible on it's waist.

Use unity 135 caedarva to get here hug the right wall into the bushes.
[+]
By Dortwo 2023-11-09 04:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Got one with Imp at I believe 13%. Nothing special, he was firing off Frenetic Rip at the time, so don't think horn has anything to do with it
By Sakinah79 2023-11-09 05:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody noticed something strange with Trust behaviour?
I've seen some things that I've never seen before:

Scenario1
I was engaged, an Imp casted Sleepga on our party hitting us all, but to not big effect because we had a dot on.
Yet the trusts all went into idle mode. They were moving around, but were staying disengaged.
I had to disengage and re-engage myself to re-start their AI

Scenario2
I was in a battlefield
Cast sleepga on a bunch of mobs then waited for the NM in the middle (immune to sleep) to come to me.
Engaged, trusts worked as normal. As soon as I killed I autotargeted a faraway monsters in the bunch I slept before, which was ~20 yalms away from me.
As I was engaged but distant, Qultada decided he was going YOLO and went in to the mob I was engaged to and he meleed it, waking it up.

o.o

This happened to me a couple of times before. Was lvling alt in G.C. killing bats and beetles. Switched to a target that was out of range, Val voked it.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-11-09 05:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
Again, I ask, "Who is this designed for?"

I'm a programmer. Everything I make has to be based around the question "Who is this designed for?". Otherwise it's literally mental masturbation.

This is designed for the classic FF fans who remember grinding pink puffs, which were a 1/64 encounter in FFIV(2us) with a 1/64 droprate on pink tail, which you could exchange for Adamant armor.

I doubt many of them still play FFXI, but it's obviously not without an idea behind it. It's just a huge miss for what the current playerbase enjoys. I don't see anyone farming this for the stats, it's obviously going to be a form of epeen item.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-11-09 05:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

kuroki said: »
wonder if kupon-i-aby gives a full 50/75 of the item, would be pretty silly to only give one as a bonanza item but who knows.
Giving one single empy upgrade item would be se style, and add the item like kupon I seals to all the event related seal bcnm each month to encourage people to do them etc
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-11-09 05:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Giving one single empy upgrade item would be se style, and add the item like kupon I seals to all the event related seal bcnm each month to encourage people to do them etc
Low key hope this is the case. If you're making an empy weapon, it's not that big a deal to farm any single stage that praying for bonanza matters. Having a stack of kupons to be able to quickly get any emp+1 you need would be convenient.
[+]
 Asura.Rekcuf
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-11-09 05:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

do you have to be thf and steal or does it drop per kill?
By Shuko 2023-11-09 06:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
Shuko said: »
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Patch Notes
Coming when it is up

Items
New Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/November_2023_Version_Update_Changes

I will be streaming tonight at http://www.twitch.tv/funkworkz

^ Nice, I'll jump on and see if I can find anything interesting in the .dats as well, might be nothing? Could be big.

Thank you for all your hardwork Funk!

Edit*: All I could find in the dats was this baby red lynx, and the pink flan https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/834395858363613225/1169459603982004255/20231102-0214-24.8647623.mp4?ex=65557b21&is=65430621&hm=c03adfbc2a99e039669fbdcc33018520f21f5fc1cae070cb3a218eadd74532f6&;

The hell is that background noise my guy.

Oh wow, didn't know snipping tool pulled sound too... ooops... don't want youtube channel issues (was youtube in the backround) pulled the link XD
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12