Mnk/Drk 2 Hour KC Zerg
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Kryptik
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: phawk23
By Leviathan.Kryptik 2009-11-03 16:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to know is that decent because I dont want to level up Drk to 75 to Zerg stuff Please Help me out...
 Hades.Hiryo
Server: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-11-03 16:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard that souleater is gimped when /drk and that it sucks, but im not 100%..
 Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2009-11-03 16:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly the only way I think you can get away with that is 1-2 RDM chainspell Cure4 you while Souleater is on.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-11-03 16:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you don't exactly have Blood Weapon...

Translation: Souleater would wear off in about a second.
[+]
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-11-03 16:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

mnk/drk 2hr zerg WITHOUT KC is a much better idea.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-03 16:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Hiryo said:
I heard that souleater is gimped when /drk and that it sucks, but im not 100%..

Yep all the hp loss (10% of your current hp) for only half the gain. Not to mention your losing it so fast even if you took 0 dmg and lets face unless your chainstunning something is wanting to smash your face good, you'd still be next to no hp rq making your souleater useless you'd need...

Hades.Cheyne said:
Honestly the only way I think you can get away with that is 1-2 RDM chainspell Cure4 you while Souleater is on.

Probably some whms too so you can at least pimp out some SS. But just to put it in perspective with no cures you halve you hp about ever 6-7 hits. Seeing as you can do 8 in 1 attack round AND your sporting 80% haste thanks to HF yeah your souleater is gunna blow chunks fast even with constant curing. Needs more stoneskin like lots and lots lol.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-11-03 16:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

theres a galka MNK/DRK in Wooooo(oo)dum's shell that does zergs, easily hits 3k hp, but he gets cure bombed from my understanding.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-03 16:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Mnk takes a few dedicated healers to SE (and for less dmg than what a drk puts out). Instead go /war, hundred fists w/ h2h and have that dedicated healer come as a DD job. The combination of the 2 will out DD anything u can do on mnk/drk
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-12-21 09:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm nearly done with /drk and I'm dying to give the souleater burn a try, just for kicks if nothing else. I will arrange a barrage of healers to keep as topped off as I can manage, but the real question is, what do I do for gear?

1) Do I use destroyers or Faith H2H?
2) My best guess at gear is at least 5/5 af2, black belt, but beyond that I don't know (new area to me). Gigant or Amemet +1? What about ring/ear? Typically I do ulthalum/rajas/brutal/minuet/goblin cracker for normal zerg, but I can buy or borrow anything non-r/e. I'd rather not camp bloodbead, but anything easier than that would be fine.
 Unicorn.Idevlboy
Server: Unicorn
user: idevlboy
By Unicorn.Idevlboy 2009-12-21 10:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are going to do it you want to maximize HP. Since you are using H2H you dont need as much focus on Acc so just pump in as much HP as you can get and definitly go with the Faith weapon. Your goal is to hit as much as you can. Your HP will do the dmg not necessarily the dmg from the weapon.

Ears/Rings - Intruder's Earring (If in COP/ZM areas)(Pigeons if you dont want to camp this NM), Cassie Earring, Bomb Queen Ring, Bloodbead ring. (If you dont want to camp the rings then use these slots to max out ACC. Toreadors/Ulthalum) (There are also those new rings that give 50HP and 1% dmg reduction each that would be really good. http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=15853 http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=15852 but again those require camping since they are rare/ex)

Back - definitly go with Gigant.

Neck - Not sure there is anything that give a decent amount of HP here so either Faith or PCC would be the best options.

And most importantly dont forget http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=5199 For the extra atk/str/and 180hp.
 Odin.Kraytos
Server: Odin
user: Tyseng
By Odin.Kraytos 2009-12-21 10:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

reasons this won't work (work for very long at least)
1. souleater is 5% converted hp to damage when subbed but still takes 10% off per hit
2. you will hit much too fast to be cured, add a kraken club to that hundred fists and you will definitally die within a few seconds
3. even if you are cure bombed by several whms you're still going to die if you're using a kc during hundred fists because your weapon speed is just way too fast for the casting time it takes for cures, especially if you get lucky(or unlucky :p) and get off 8 hits a couple rounds in a row

so just don't do it, if you're going to try something different i suggest you experiment with something other than souleater
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-21 10:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize it is technically impossible to die from souleater right? As far as necks go there is the new blood bead one. And instead of carbonara you could get 1 of the 10% hp foods that doesn't have a cap if thats higher
 Garuda.Enedin
Server: Garuda
user: Enedin
By Garuda.Enedin 2009-12-21 11:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
theres a galka MNK/DRK in Wooooo(oo)dum's shell that does zergs, easily hits 3k hp, but he gets cure bombed from my understanding.

Yeah that was my brother Vlacatocc. He didn't have the BEST HP gear (no Bomb Queen Ring, no Bloodbead Ring) but he had everything else, HP wise. Was using Destroyers at the time (cause he didn't have Faith yet) and was eating carbonara, had around 3300 HP.

If I hadn't been on Chainstun duty I would have Chaincured him, our WHM did a DS Cure V on him and he still was in yellow. But as a previous poster said, it takes a dedicated healer to keep up the damage (and that's only with H2H, Kclub is pretty moot here).
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-12-21 11:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Enedin said:
Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:

Yeah that was my brother Vlacatocc. He didn't have the BEST HP gear (no Bomb Queen Ring, no Bloodbead Ring) but he had everything else, HP wise. Was using Destroyers at the time (cause he didn't have Faith yet) and was eating carbonara, had around 3300 HP.

If I hadn't been on Chainstun duty I would have Chaincured him, our WHM did a DS Cure V on him and he still was in yellow. But as a previous poster said, it takes a dedicated healer to keep up the damage (and that's only with H2H, Kclub is pretty moot here).

Iirc, it was dead before my chainspell wore off!

The second time we did this, I parsed, and Vlacatocc was 3rd using Faith and /DRK. A lot of SAM's got Bound out of range, though, and the fight only lasted 54 seconds... So he probably would've been lower had the SAM's not been bound.
 Diabolos.Robthunder
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Robthunder 2009-12-21 12:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

In my linkshell we never had any drks with kraken clubs so we always used mnk/drks. It worked extremely well for bahamut v2, dynamis lord, and the dynamis weapons for relics. im galka so i already had high hp, and i would focus on using max hp gear that i could find (still dont have melee crown though after 3 years of dynamis). all of your damage comes from souleater, and a dedicated healer is necessary. for h2h i always used destroyers or avengers (as hp drops acc increases, or something to that effect). i have faiths but the dmg multi hits didnt make up for the low dmg rating (plus its amazing the amount of crits you get from destroyers with capped crits merits, while souleater is up it does amazing dmg). would sleep TP and do focus, souleater, asuran to start the fight, then hundred fists. the initial asuran always seems to do around 1k-1.4k but it drops your hp a lot, so you need competent mages to be able to bring your hp back up for hundred fists. that is really what makes this work is whms being able to cure bomb you efficiently.

i realize this was a post about kraken club and i would say from my experience you would need a rdm chainspell curing you (or 2, or 2 whms spamming high lvl cures) because your hp is gone by the time a whm is casting another spell. (i dont have kraken but i do have octave and i have played around with mnk/drk a bit capping my lvl at 72. against EP it was doing 160 dmg per swing but i only had a blu to heal me so the dmg dropped off fast due to not enough cures. hundredfists + kraken is fun by itself, but its really not feasible with souleater unless you can specifically set up your party to make it work.

Also for neck pieces, i bought the cougar pendant from windurst (S) which gives hp+30, so its nice for zergs. That and the new bloodbead neckpiece are about the only decent options. (torques give 7hp i think, promis badge gave like 12-14).
 Valefor.Mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-12-21 12:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool! Ok, 3300 is a great baseline - I will have to see what I can hit (I'm elvaan), I'm not sure I can get quite that high. Do you know if that was w/ or w/o Mantra? I'm not sure I want to drop merits into that or not to help this along. I'm pretty sure if I get good healing support I'll outparse my /war version. I tend to parse around the middle to a little above middle for the zergs that I've done when I use /war right now.

Thanks for all the guidance! Oh, and btw, can anyone raise me at Kirin's pop spot? Just looking to plan ahead ... ^^

Edit: Yes, I didn't really mean to use the KC for this, just regular H2H ... but thought I'd just revive the old thread. Based on what I'm seeing I'll probably try Faith h2h first, probably more reliable, but I'll have to try both. I don't have avengers, but I could arrange a run to get them.
 Garuda.Enedin
user: Enedin
By Garuda.Enedin 2009-12-21 12:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the galka with 3300 HP had full Mantra merits - which got me undead aggro in Nyzul once >.>
 Valefor.Mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-12-21 12:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hahaha - turn on mantra and run away??? Oh that's so full of win ...
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-21 12:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yuck, Mantra.

Mnk/drk is an utter waste of resources. As I said earlier, take the dedicated healers, put them on DD jobs, the combined dmg with the mnk subbing war will easily outdo mnk/drk.
 Valefor.Mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-12-22 01:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, certainly I'd agree that healer + mnk/drk is going to do less damage than 2 mnk/war. But that's not a fair comparison - I'm saying if I already have a full ally, where there isn't room for extra DD, and it's a pure choice of me as mnk/war or mnk/drk with excellent external healing, shouldn't I do better as /drk?

It seems like if I have the healing, I should end up with a nice boost to dmg from SE that should easily outparse /war.
 Siren.Markii
Server: Siren
user: Markai
By Siren.Markii 2009-12-22 01:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

My old dynamis shell used mnk/drk for dynamis lord fights.
had 5-7 MNK/DRKs each had a whm and when rdm/drks were done chainstun they
backed us up.

was a very effective way to take him out, without having kraken drks.
LS PerfectDodge on siren.
 Diabolos.Robthunder
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Robthunder 2009-12-22 14:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I forgot to mention that i had capped Mantra merits as well. Even if you aren't going mnk/drk it has still proven to be very beneficial to my ls for zergs now that we have some drks with multi hit weapons. I always pop it right before the bard's last song and a whm curagas to full health. Also it's not really a fair comparison to say "change the whms to DDs" we have whms in the alliance anyway, they might as well cure us. It's not like you need a ton of whms to make this work.

Also, in my opinion, I'm not sure about comparing 2 of any DDs to 1 mnk/drk based on what went on during Einherjar runs. I remember feeling so disappointed when I would have to come /war and only do about 40-50 dmg per punch, sometimes lower depending on the mob (or a bit higher). However, /drk with proper healers, it was easily being pushed over 100, sometimes up to 120 a hit. (We would zerg Teir I and II bosses (where possible, some couldnt be zerged very well)). I don't have any real hard data, and I'm not able to parse anything, so it is mostly just from memory, but I do have screenshots of damage and per punch damage to show how much it can do in its prime (close to max hp).

Another time mnk/drk was incredibly helpful was for the 4 pot fights for CoP bcnm. Our setup was whm blm blm mnk/drk rdm and... drg maybe, or blu, or pld? i dont remember. We went in with the plan of expecting to die midway. We killed the first 2 pots and then force wiped at the door. After reraise I used mantra and my hp food and pretty much solod the last 2, with the 2 mages just cure bombing me. The pots died in only a matter of seconds, the blms didnt get to use many nukes either. It could have probably been done without dieing midway with a little bit different plan. Adding up the total damage from just scrolling up the chat log came to ~9,000 if I remember correctly. Again it only works because of the mages curing, and I'm not saying that this was the best setup to use by any means. It was just what we had with the people who were coming so we gave it a try, and it worked out really well. (I was just coming to help out).

By the way sorry I'm so long winded. If anyone reading this post has any questions and would rather send me a PM, that would be fine. Then I can answer your question directly instead of trying to answer all in 1 post lol.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-12-22 14:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Robthunder said:
It's not like you need a ton of whms to make this work.
When I zerg on MNK/DRK, three Chainspell RDMs can't even spam Cure IV fast enough to keep my HP at ~80%. And I use Faith Baghnakhs so it's not even as fast.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-22 16:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
When I zerg on MNK/DRK, three Chainspell RDMs can't even spam Cure IV fast enough to keep my HP at ~80%. And I use Faith Baghnakhs so it's not even as fast.
That seems odd. I mean faith is what 113 delay. A 75 mnk has a base of 300 so 413 total. Get 80% haste so down to 83. Which comes out to an attack round ever 1.4 secs. If 3 chainspelling rdms can't get your hp back up between attack rounds.... I mean even rounds where you hit 4 times an say your hp is 3k you'd still only be losing 1k.

Also what about whms throwing cures in there too? I'd think it would help nicely since you get the cure and the stoneskin. Which would give each attack round more ummph even if started at same hp.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-22 16:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Mithano said:
Oh, certainly I'd agree that healer mnk/drk is going to do less damage than 2 mnk/war. But that's not a fair comparison - I'm saying if I already have a full ally, where there isn't room for extra DD, and it's a pure choice of me as mnk/war or mnk/drk with excellent external healing, shouldn't I do better as /drk?

It seems like if I have the healing, I should end up with a nice boost to dmg from SE that should easily outparse /war.
That should never be the case. If you have THAT excellent of healing, to fully support a /drk, have someone change their job. The only viable set up for this, is if you have a full alliance and OUTSIDE healers doing your healing. Other than that, you're better off having someone else change job.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-22 16:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
That seems odd. I mean faith is what 113 delay. A 75 mnk has a base of 300 so 413 total. Get 80% haste so down to 83. Which comes out to an attack round ever 1.4 secs. If 3 chainspelling rdms can't get your hp back up between attack rounds.... I mean even rounds where you hit 4 times an say your hp is 3k you'd still only be losing 1k.

Also what about whms throwing cures in there too? I'd think it would help nicely since you get the cure and the stoneskin. Which would give each attack round more ummph even if started at same hp.

Just as a side note, souleater mnk/drk can't get more than 74 haste.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-22 16:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

When the *** they update that to say 74!?! It has said 80 for a long tim.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-12-22 16:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

HF = 74% haste, which doesn't stack with any other form of haste iirc
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-22 16:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
80 is the cap, from mnk's resources, the highest a mnk/drk can get is 74 (hundred fists). The only way to get higher than hundred fists speed is with haste samba, which doesn't stack w/ souleater.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-22 16:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

On mnk/war, you can get 78.75ish% I believe haste w/ a dnc in the pt.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6