Mnk/Drk 2 Hour KC Zerg
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-01-22 20:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get me wrong Enternius, I wasn't even notioning that it was the best idea, just that the logistics of it require a lot more than just one dedicated WHM, and thats just with Faiths.

A 3000hp MNK is still Souleater Zerging like a 1500hp DRK.

The other fun part:
25% gear haste and 43.75% magical haste on a KC DRK is still 68.75%, only 20% fewer attack rounds than Hundred Fists at 74%, and they'll be putting 12% of their HP to damage instead of 5%. If Hundred Fists was 80% haste it might be in the same ballpark.
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-01-22 20:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm i think you wont prove that with assassin's charge Dasva.

One thing for sure is that virtue weapons break rules of the nature in this game lol. Maybe faith bagh indeed receives the same souleater bonus by each round.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-22 20:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Assassin's charge was to prove I was doing multiple attacks per round and not multiple rounds since I'm not on a windower with time stamp. Nor did I feel like melee till Mkris proc'd while having souleater up. Also the higher base dmg could've thrown off the results anyways
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-01-22 20:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i got it.

What im saying is that triple attack and virtue weapons are different. You showed us that triple indeed receive decreasing bonus by each single attack made, but that doesnt exclude the possibility ( that Raelia defended) that faith receives decreasing bonus by each attack round made.

ahhhhh but anyway, seems Raelia himself agreed with you later on the edit i didn't see.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-23 08:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you use MNK/DRK's... Can I join your LS? :?
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-23 10:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

HF is only 74% haste and /drk is highly inefficient if your 2-3 dedicated healers have DD jobs that they could come on instead.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-23 11:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, but I think it would be fun
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-23 11:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess, but I'd never risk other people's drops over a fun. Possibly for the easier zergs, I guess.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-23 11:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Only real legitimate use I can see for this is if your ls is so big you can keep a full allaince of DDs/tanks and like an alliance of outside healers lol
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-23 11:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
I guess, but I'd never risk other people's drops over a fun. Possibly for the easier zergs, I guess.

Fun > Gear
But you're right, not at the expense of others. It's just too bad there are so many gear ***.
 Leviathan.Leonstrife
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Leonstrife 2010-01-23 15:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya I can see hundred fist souleater being a bit much but I don't see any problem with a casual souleater zerg on mnk. the cool thing about souleater is that it ignores att/def and adds it ontop of the damage your doing. If that's an issue why not use that move monks use that makes their melee attacks not count as physical damage during HF? mnk/drk isnt something to see as completely useless just cuz you cant use it with HF at the same time. Just dont all do it at the same time.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-23 16:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh?
 Remora.Abriel
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-24 17:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

it's too much of a hassle for your support in any real situation. if you have people willing to baby you while you pull it off, go for it, but I don't see the point when you're going to get pretty much the same results (only with much less hassle) out of going /war instead.

if you're so worried about not being able to utilize melee damage, why not rely on lolformless strikes or a chi blast build instead? I'm not quite sure what you're doing wrong if the mob isn't completely resistant to melee damage for your damage to be so weak you'd want to risk getting killed early on by using souleater, 'cause you should be able to (while using hundredfists) use atk food and go full dmg on gear while getting madgrals, minuets and chaos roll along with the mob getting hit with dia2/3 (possibly angon too) and feint in any real zerg situation.

if the enemy is going to completely resist physical damage, you're better off using a chi blast build or using a job that can deal non-physical damage without needing so much babying. I can understand the combo being 'fun', but I just don't see the point of being the center of attention while doing something that isn't all too smart.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-24 18:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What the hell does chakra have to do w/ dealing damage?
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-24 18:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

haha, meant chi blast. I haven't been on the job in years, give me a break, lol.
 Caitsith.Jadi
Server: Caitsith
user: Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-25 17:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:

Ohh big *** fail there..

Fun > Drops

Thats the way it is in my LS.. we kill ***drunk as *** and have a blast doing it. Gotta laugh at ppl who take this ***too serious.

"Noes! Joo can't com Mnk/Drk yo risk ma drop!! Come brd!" lol
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-25 22:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Ohh big *** fail there..

Fun > Drops

Thats the way it is in my LS.. we kill ***drunk as *** and have a blast doing it. Gotta laugh at ppl who take this ***too serious.

Makes you an *** rly. Sure, I wouldn't mind risking my own drops, but when you wan to risk someone else's drops, then yes, that's pretty *** up. The point an event shell is to get ***accomplished. I'm not going to do some dumb ***and try to *** other people over. If that's your idea of fun, you're only thinking of yourself.

"Oh hey, we need you to tank in salvage tonight."
"Okay, omw"
"Mnk, magic cell"
"Oh hey guys, sorry, I subbed war because I thought it would be more fun and idc about the drops!!!"
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-01-25 22:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Ohh big *** fail there..

Fun > Drops

Makes you an *** rly. Sure, I wouldn't mind risking my own drops, but when you wan to risk someone else's drops, then yes, that's pretty *** up. The point an event shell is to get ***accomplished. I'm not going to do some dumb ***and try to *** other people over. If that's your idea of fun, you're only thinking of yourself.

Pretty much this. If I'm ever trying a new strategy or doing an event with less than normal numbers, I always risk my own pop items first, so that way it falls on me, and I only try a second time in case of a failure if the others are ok with it. If they aren't, then that's fine too.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-25 22:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Different point of view, that's all.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-25 22:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Different point of view, that's all.
Yes, it is different, and much more selfish as well; Jadi's point that is.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-25 22:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more inclined to agree with him, this game would be a better place if people put more emphasis on having fun than gear. Not gonna happen, fine, I just won't do endgame because I don't enjoy doing events with people like that. But ya, if everyone were to come on jobs they preferred nothing would get done. Go go catch-22!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-25 22:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

While everyone wants to have fun, what about /drk is THAT much more fun than /war and why would anyone want to go out of their way to have a shot at ruining someone else's chances at something they've waited a long time for for their own amusement?
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-25 22:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not gonna /wrist if I can't /DRK ~ I'd like to. And I was upset that my LS leader promised me I could once I hit 3000HP and then renagged.

I meant in general, I do love MNK/WAR
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-01-26 03:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

you can have fun and get things done in this game. you just have to realize there's point when doing 'stupid' things crosses the line and starts effecting other ppl, when you get to that point you also have to realize ppl have the right to point out where your faults are.
 Ragnarok.Darkifrit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ifrid
By Ragnarok.Darkifrit 2010-01-26 05:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone tryed Vampir claw + /drk in zerg ? maybe it will work better.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-26 07:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Abriel said:
you can have fun and get things done in this game. you just have to realize there's point when doing 'stupid' things crosses the line and starts effecting other ppl, when you get to that point you also have to realize ppl have the right to point out where your faults are.

Agree to disagree. Moving on.
Ragnarok.Darkifrit said:
anyone tryed Vampir claw /drk in zerg ? maybe it will work better.

Something tells me the drain effect wouldn't proc.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-26 13:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Darkifrit said:
anyone tryed Vampir claw /drk in zerg ? maybe it will work better.
Those things have a horrible proc rate, and even when they do proc, you won't even hit double digits 99% of the time, if not 100% of the time.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 09:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

Ohh big *** fail there..

Fun > Drops

"Oh hey, we need you to tank in salvage tonight."
"Okay, omw"
"Mnk, magic cell"
"Oh hey guys, sorry, I subbed war because I thought it would be more fun and idc about the drops!!!"

I would tell you.. "If you want to sub war you can." No ***man. You can voluntarily do what ever it is you want as far as I'm concerned. Sure if your /war it might not be very good to have you tank.. perhaps the group can't go on.. maybe we need to find someone else who can tank or go another day.. but I would never EVER tell you you *HAD* to do something to get my *** drops. *** that! Use teamwork and work together don't try to boss people around. Whats wrong with you? You should feel grateful other people would even bother to help you.

... and you call me selfish.. your a god dammed idiot.. a self centered little twerp, and I wouldn't help you do ***.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 09:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
your a god dammed idiot.

And yes, it is being selfish. It's not you getting 1 person in particular drops, it's you helping the team progress. Now if you wanted to sub war and not complain when you don't even get a subjob cell because the ppl who subbed nin get it over you, then that's perfectly fine with me, but if you're going to be the number 1 priority to be geared up, you need to have the correct sub.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 09:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets say you and I are in a salvage group and our tank decides he wants to come /war for fun. This is your own example here not mine. You know what I would say already. What would you tell him Vegetto?