Mnk/Drk 2 Hour KC Zerg
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-22 17:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol that wasn't what I asked!?! I wanted to know when the hell they put HF at 74 instead of about 80% it used to say
 Asura.Hit
Server: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-12-22 17:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

* The damage penalty of Souleater is not affected by Defense or VIT, Damage Taken+/-% such as Defending Ring(-10%) or Black Cuisses(+13%), the Red Mage spells Phalanx or Phalanx II, -% Physical Damage Taken gear such as Earth Staff/Darksteel armor, -% Magic Damage Taken gear such as Coral Scale Mail, nor is it affected by the Paladin ability Sentinel.

* The damage penalty of Souleater can be nullified by Stoneskin for an amount equal to the HP equivalent that the Stoneskin provides.

* Souleater is subject to physical damage modifiers, examples being open-mouthed Hpemde(+100% damage), and Slimes(-50% damage); additionally the modifiers for damage type (slashing, blunt, or piercing) based on the weapon used will affect the damage dealt by the ability--e.g., Skeletons take extra damage from Souleater when used with a Club.

* While active, this ability increases the user's accuracy by 25.
*copied from ffxiclopedia.com.

Asura.Hit
Server: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-12-22 17:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Also my gf usually goes whm/smn with solace and the stone skin really helps cut the HP loss.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-22 17:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

HF was never 80% to my knowledge.
 Unicorn.Frisk
Server: Unicorn
user: Frisk
By Unicorn.Frisk 2009-12-22 18:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phalanx does actually cut your damage for souleater, anyone who has DRK zerged bahamut can see this
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Narayan
Server: Siren
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2010-01-22 17:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Would drain samba on a mnk/drk help any? lol just thought I'd ask. No one ever asked me to go mnk/drk :'(
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-22 17:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really. The amount drained is somewhat dependent on delay making samba kinda useless during hundred fist
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-22 17:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Not really. The amount drained is somewhat dependent on delay making samba kinda useless during hundred fist
The correct answer is that drain samba won't proc because souleater overwrites sambas. (or if it's the other way around, makes souleater worthless)
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-22 18:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Spence, my second character, was started solely to soulfist ***.
Despite capping mantra and HP, hitting over 3000HP, I was never able to get proper support to pull it off.

Need at least 2 RDM CS Curing you

I still wanna properly soulfist something :<
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2010-01-22 18:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Mnk/Drk 2 Hour KC Zerg

Mnk/Drg is already a good Zerg.
You don't need a KC if you are going to 2hr anyway. Would do plenty more damage 2hr and h2h.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-22 18:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Spence, my second character, was started solely to soulfist ***.
Despite capping mantra and HP, hitting over 3000HP, I was never able to get proper support to pull it off.

Need at least 2 RDM CS Curing you

I still wanna properly soulfist something :<

Good WHM's are more than capable of keeping up.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-22 18:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya no
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-22 18:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Ya no

What makes you so sure they can't? We've used MNK/DRKs plenty of times and our WHMs have no problem keeping up with the curing. Maybe your WHMs just aren't focused enough?
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-01-22 19:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
The correct answer is that drain samba won't proc because souleater overwrites sambas. (or if it's the other way around, makes souleater worthless)

I thought it was samba eating Blood Weapon :( I've never personally tried but that makes the most logical sense to me.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-22 19:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you're right WOooo
I'm hardly ina position to say what works
but faith baghnaks and what not = fast dropping HP
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-22 19:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Ya no
What makes you so sure they can't? We've used MNK/DRKs plenty of times and our WHMs have no problem keeping up with the curing. Maybe your WHMs just aren't focused enough?
Really a whm can cure fast enough that 2 whms can easily cure after each attack round. Should be able to fully restore if they aren't using something like Kclub and that stoneskin is pretty helpful.

Even with getting 4 attacks in 1 round and having 3k hp that is only a little over 1k hp lost so yeah don't see why whm wouldn't work
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-01-22 19:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Even with getting 4 attacks in 1 round and having 3k hp that is only a little over 1k hp lost
Actually, for multihit rounds, it takes the percentage from the HP that the round started, meaning all hits get the same damage. Four hits would thus be 40% of current HP, knocking him down 1200hp. 8 attacks would truly knock him down twice that, and is particularly why any attack round is capped at eight hits, else you could easily {Self Destruct} doing it.

Meanwhile, any MNK doing this is going to have an assload of haste (or be utterly fail) and will be attacking again before the WHMs even finish casting their first cure.

Truly, the only method that would work is to have a half dozen or more WHMs on a timed rotation of Cure IV/Vs (4s for straight melee, 5s might not even be enough for KC).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-22 19:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Think your confusing multihit ws and multi hit rounds.

Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-01-22 19:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Think your confusing multihit ws and multi hit rounds
They work the same, it does not "10% 9% 8% 7%" like I used to think it does.

Edit: Look at this log, notice it goes '173 173 173 173'? if it were incrementing hp down on every hit, they'd be trailing off instead of hitting for same damage.

I'm a DRK, I know these things.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-22 19:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Also haste is useless with HF
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-01-22 19:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste or Hundred Fists achieves the same ideal, they'd still be attacking faster than you can cure them. I said Haste more in reference to any job doing a Souleater zerg without Blood Weapon, DRK inclusive.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-22 19:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol of course it is the same you are healing it back... duh. The mnk will not be getting the hp back each hit.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-01-22 19:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They work the same, quit debating a non-point.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-22 19:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Also for example base delay for a mnk at 75 is 300 faith baghnakhs is 113. Which means with HF 74 haste would put your attack rounds at 1.8 sec each.

whm/sch with cure clogs and light arts and nothing else can cast cure V/IV in 1.9 sec. A full pt of whms would be overkill on one mnk/drk. Not only that but would be a stupid allocation of resources
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-22 19:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
You should update wiki then
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-22 20:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said:
I'd like to take a moment to say Raelia is *** stupid. This is like the third time I've thought it and haven't said anything because I consider Rydiya sort of like a friend, I guess. But I don't care anymore.
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-01-22 20:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Diabolos.Raelia said:
You should update wiki then
Quote:
HP converted into damage for a Weapon Skill is calculated for all hits using the same initial HP (i.e. A four hit weaponskill like Guillotine will inflict 40% of current HP and damage dealt, not each hit successively).
Looks fine to me. Multihit attacks all work the same.

What you don't realize is that all hits of a multi-attack round land at the same time, at the very start, its just the animation that gets stretched out. There is no 'delay' between them.

You also forget about recast times, upon which a full Cure V cycle with capped recast reduction would be 6.9 seconds, meaning the MNK lays down almost four more rounds before you can start curing him again, and we already noted that Cure IV isn't going to cut it with 1200hp lost per round. As soon as the MNK is off his max HP, you're losing potential damage. Theres no reason to argue against more damage.

Edit: AHA! You got me. Jailer weapons are the exception. They do count the secondary attacks separately, and so would be reduced on the second hit of each round, or the second punch of each fist. Dug up a thread discussing Fortitude Axe having this same problem. Still only makes a 60hp difference.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-22 20:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Here I will proof it. Btw I was using a 3 dmg dagger and 0 attack or str gear. In fact all I was wearing was that dagger

Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-22 20:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK/DRK zergs are highly inefficient. You'd be better off going MNK/WAR with Faith Baghnakhs and using Berserk.

One MNK/DRK with Souleater and Hundred Fists + 5 more WHMs in the party will not compare to a full party (or even half of a party) of good zerg DDs, even if you were assuming you were at 100% HP for every attack round.

If you have a Kclub in the first place and want to zerg, switch to DRK. It's that simple.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-22 20:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't believe I used 3 merits points just to do that
[+]