Mnk/Drk 2 Hour KC Zerg
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-28 09:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Endgame = teamwork, teamwork = doing ***for the team/group you might not want to do.

If you don't like that, you probably shouldn't be doing endgame.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-28 09:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
I guess, but I'd never risk other people's drops over a fun. Possibly for the easier zergs, I guess.

Ohh big *** fail there..

Fun > Drops

Thats the way it is in my LS.. we kill ***drunk as *** and have a blast doing it. Gotta laugh at ppl who take this ***too serious.

"Noes! Joo can't com Mnk/Drk yo risk ma drop!! Come brd!" lol
Makes you an *** rly. Sure, I wouldn't mind risking my own drops, but when you wan to risk someone else's drops, then yes, that's pretty *** up. The point an event shell is to get ***accomplished. I'm not going to do some dumb ***and try to *** other people over. If that's your idea of fun, you're only thinking of yourself.

"Oh hey, we need you to tank in salvage tonight."
"Okay, omw"
"Mnk, magic cell"
"Oh hey guys, sorry, I subbed war because I thought it would be more fun and idc about the drops!!!"

I would tell you.. "If you want to sub war you can." No ***man. You can voluntarily do what ever it is you want as far as I'm concerned. Sure if your /war it might not be very good to have you tank.. perhaps the group can't go on.. maybe we need to find someone else who can tank or go another day.. but I would never EVER tell you you *HAD* to do something to get my *** drops. *** that! Use teamwork and work together don't try to boss people around. Whats wrong with you? You should feel grateful other people would even bother to help you.

... and you call me selfish.. your a god dammed idiot.. a self centered little twerp, and I wouldn't help you do ***.

WTF?

You have enough people for a boss run, you (as a group) need a drop from the boss, yet you are saying you should reschedule or get another tank rather than switch sub? And you say that is team work?

Team work is considering the teams requirements before your own. They want to do a boss run, so you do your best to aid in that endeavour.

And the whole point of a team is; you help someone one day, the next day they help you. If you turn up with the wrong sub and say "meh use team work to overcome my choices, its not my drop any way" then not may people will want to help you out.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jadi
Server: Caitsith
user: Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 09:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Endgame = teamwork, teamwork = doing ***for the team/group you might not want to do.

If you don't like that, you probably shouldn't be doign endgame.

Thats nonsense, you can do endgame if you are with other people who want to do endgame. It does not have to be a complex system of rules and utter mental retardation. You can simply get together with friends and go kill ***.. it's not as hard or complex as people make it out to be.
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-28 09:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Thats nonsense, you can do endgame if you are with other people who want to do endgame. It does not have to be a complex system of rules and utter mental retardation. You can simply get together with friends and go kill ***.. it's not as hard or complex as people make it out to be.

You sir, are a boob.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-28 09:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Spence said:

There is 2 ways to do most fights.

* Throw people at it, who aren't necessarily good player, using the right jobs or subs or gear. Throw enough people until you win (a lot of dynamis groups)

* Play well. This means people using the right gear, sub job etc. So people will need to be told what job to come on.

Some fights (PW) requires both, Throwing good people at the mob.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 09:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
WTF?

You have enough people for a boss run, you (as a group) need a drop from the boss, yet you are saying you should reschedule or get another tank rather than switch sub? And you say that is team work?

Well for instance, you have a member that does not want to.. what would you do about this? How will you force the person to do what you want?

I would say it's ok.. flat out.. I wouldn't tell someone otherwise.

But.. you need to understand that I don't have this problem either because I don't tell them what jobs to come as in the first place.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 09:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Lets say you and I are in a salvage group and our tank decides he wants to come /war for fun. This is your own example here not mine. You know what I would say already. What would you tell him Vegetto?
That someone who is capable would be main tanking and he could still sub war for fun, but would be unlikely to get a subjob cell, unless we got enough for everyone.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 09:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Spence said:

There is 2 ways to do most fights.

* Throw people at it, who aren't necessarily good player, using the right jobs or subs or gear. Throw enough people until you win (a lot of dynamis groups)

* Play well. This means people using the right gear, sub job etc. So people will need to be told what job to come on.

Some fights (PW) requires both, Throwing good people at the mob.

Boy I don't agree with this either. Although I see a lot of shells attempting to do those very things.

You don't need to have the best players in the world to pull off lowman, you just need to have some experience playing with them and communicate well.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-28 09:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
WTF?

Well for instance, you have a member that does not want to.. what would you do about this? How will you force the person to do what you want?

But.. you need to understand that I don't have this problem either because I don't tell them what jobs to come as in the first place.

If they don't want to come then fine, Real life and other things can stop everyone playing at some point or other; but why on earth would you say "Yes I will come, but not on the right sub" and say that your team should accept it and either cancel their run or get some one else to play the role you refuse to play?

I should come RDM/WAR to dynamis and melee the slept mobs and my team should just work around me right? I am no one should stop me? I shouldn't get kicked from the group?
[+]
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 09:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Lets say you and I are in a salvage group and our tank decides he wants to come /war for fun. This is your own example here not mine. You know what I would say already. What would you tell him Vegetto?
That someone who is capable would be main tanking and he could still sub war for fun, but would be unlikely to get a subjob cell, unless we got enough for everyone.

So in other words you would do the same thing I would? You would tell him it's ok to be /war?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-01-28 09:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I throw myself at mobs willingly, theres nothing fun about sitting back and watching the tank smack a mob around.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 09:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:

So in other words you would do the same thing I would? You would tell him it's ok to be /war?
Yea, sure, but you don't understand, his role would totally change in the run. He'd go from being top priority to every cell to being lowest priority to every cell. W/e dmg he gains from /war he's going to lose out of not having access to haste gear, unless there is enough for reveryone.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-28 09:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:

Boy I don't agree with this either. Although I see a lot of shells attempting to do those very things.

You don't need to have the best players in the world to pull off lowman, you just need to have some experience playing with them and communicate well.

Where the hell did I say the "best gear" I said people who know how to play.

You are advocating people wearing/subbing/doing whatever they want and the group should just accept it.

So that means RDM and WHM meleeing, PLDs who don't want to tank.

Get your story straight.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 09:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
WTF?

If they don't want to come then fine, Real life and other things can stop everyone playing at some point or other; but why on earth would you say "Yes I will come, but not on the right sub" and say that your team should accept it and either cancel their run or get some one else to play the role you refuse to play?

I should come RDM/WAR to dynamis and melee the slept mobs and my team should just work around me right? I am no one should stop me? I shouldn't get kicked from the group?

Why do you keep directing this at me? I would do what the team needs or I wouldn't be in the team. However... if I had someone else who wanted to do that then I wouldn't stop them either.

Yes, you can come rdm/war to dyanmis and melee all you like if that is what you want to do.

Or alternatively.. You think it would be a lot of fun to try to tank Byakko on Blu. I would tell you ok well come up and lets find out..
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 09:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is why you are incapable of ever leading a successful group
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-28 09:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
WTF?

Why do you keep directing this at me? I would do what the team needs or I wouldn't be in the team. However... if I had someone else who wanted to do that then I wouldn't stop them either.

Yes, you can come rdm/war to dyanmis and melee all you like if that is what you want to do.

Or alternatively.. You think it would be a lot of fun to try to tank Byakko on Blu. I would tell you ok well come up and lets find out..

The its time to agree to disagree.

I believe the whole group, every member to do the best at what they do. That means coming on the job that is best for each fight and fulfilling the role they are set correctly. If some one has a new strat then I will look at it and see if it better than the existing strat and try it if it warrants it.

You seem to thing that any one can do anything they want and damn the consequences.

Let me know how that works out for you.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-28 09:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Hey now, don't bring my WHM meleeing into this. It's fun, ok?!
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-28 10:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Kujata.Argettio said:

But not overly suited to most fights.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-28 10:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Kujata.Argettio said:

But not overly suited to most fights.
Unfortunately.

Edit: I can't wait until the day I finally get a K.Club.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 10:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:

Yea, sure, but you don't understand, his role would totally change in the run. He'd go from being top priority to every cell to being lowest priority to every cell. W/e dmg he gains from /war he's going to lose out of not having access to haste gear, unless there is enough for reveryone.

I don't see anything wrong with adjusting your tactics to the change in circumstances.

And I think it's ironic you actually agree with me now.. what did you actually think about it for a moment? There isn't a thing you can do to make others do what you want. You can either work with others (and that will be people who do not want to play a single job one day.. they might get burned out on it or they might want to try something new.) you can accept that, move on, and relax, or you can freak out, kick them from pt/shell, /blacklist, them and *STILL* not get your run on or get them to do what you want.

Honey > Vinegar
Fun > Drops
Reason > Idiocy

It's a GAME.. play it for FUN.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 10:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
WTF?

The its time to agree to disagree.

I believe the whole group, every member to do the best at what they do. That means coming on the job that is best for each fight and fulfilling the role they are set correctly. If some one has a new strat then I will look at it and see if it better than the existing strat and try it if it warrants it.

You seem to thing that any one can do anything they want and damn the consequences.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Yeah, anyone can do whatever they want, we don't have a single rule, and it's working out great for us.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 10:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:

I don't see anything wrong with adjusting your tactics to the change in circumstances.

And I think it's ironic you actually agree with me now.. what did you actually think about it for a moment? There isn't a thing you can do to make others do what you want. You can either work with others (and that will be people who do not want to play a single job one day.. they might get burned out on it or they might want to try something new.) you can accept that, move on, and relax, or you can freak out, kick them from pt/shell, /blacklist, them and *STILL* not get your run on or get them to do what you want.

Honey > Vinegar
Fun > Drops
Reason > Idiocy

It's a GAME.. play it for FUN.
Nah I don't agree w/ you. Would prolly let it go that night in particular, but as soon as another applicant that thinks more of the group comes along, we have a new mnk, if it became a habit.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 10:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

When I build a group, I go for the lowest number of people possible to do the runs, so there's less of a wait for everyone in the group to get drops. Wouldn't be able to do this with a mnk who doesn't want to sub nin, ect.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 10:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
When I build a group, I go for the lowest number of people possible to do the runs, so there's less of a wait for everyone in the group to get drops. Wouldn't be able to do this with a mnk who doesn't want to sub nin, ect.

I do the same.. know why? Because it's a lot more fun to kill ***low man. ~.^ odd it works out that way ehh?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 10:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

I do the same.. know why? Because it's a lot more fun to kill ***low man. ~.^ odd it works out that way ehh?
You don't do it that way, or you wouldn't have the mnk coming /war whenever he wanted, because then you wouldn't be able to do the run, unless you had MORE people than you originally needed.
[+]
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 10:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

You don't do it that way, or you wouldn't have the mnk coming /war whenever he wanted, because then you wouldn't be able to do the run, unless you had MORE people than you originally needed.

Ya know.. it's not like I've ever had this problem, least that I can think of. I've come up to sky gods on Bst a few times just for shits and giggles but it's not like sky gods are hard or anything. Usually it's someone tired of playing the same job all the time or something and they want to do something else.. I can't think of a time ever where anyone including myself has ever said "No you have to come as X" all we do it we work around it.

It's a principle thing. Treat people like adults. Give them the benefit of figuring out what they are best at on their own.. I don't try to tell them how to play or what to do. It makes everyone far happier. Try it next time someone asks what job to come as in your shell.. respond back.. what do you *want* to come as?

Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 10:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It makes everyone far happier.
No, it makes that 1 person happy, and pisses the rest of the ppl off when they lose because of it.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 10:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:
No, it makes that 1 person happy, and pisses the rest of the ppl off when they lose because of it.

Your in the wrong shell then bro.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-28 10:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:

His what in the wrong shell?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 10:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:

No, since I'm not in a shell that caters to everyone's deepest wishes and gets nothing done, but instead, in a shell that get's ***accomplished and gets people the drops they want, which was the point of joining the shell to begin with.