user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-28 10:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:
It makes everyone far happier.
No, it makes that 1 person happy, and pisses the rest of the ppl off when they lose because of it.

Your in the wrong shell then bro.
His what in the wrong shell?

Grammar nazi >O
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-28 10:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:
No, it makes that 1 person happy, and pisses the rest of the ppl off when they lose because of it.

Grammar nazi >O
Aw, you're so sweet.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 10:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:

Grammar nazi >O
Not really, did you see what he said earlier
"your a goddamn idiot"

At that point, it's fine to jump on his grammar since he basically contradicted himself when he said that.
 Caitsith.Jadi
Server: Caitsith
user: Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 10:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:

No, since I'm not in a shell that caters to everyone's deepest wishes and gets nothing done, but instead, in a shell that get's ***accomplished and gets people the drops they want, which was the point of joining the shell to begin with.

Yeah, right, whatever. It sounds like total paradise.. I tell ya what.. you can keep all that gear and keep ripping your hair out, and I'll keep killing ***and having fun ok.

Man you act like you never lost a fight before.. hell everyone looses.. it's not a big deal. laugh and get back up and go do it again.
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-28 10:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:

Grammar nazi >O
Not really, did you see what he said earlier
"your a goddamn idiot"

At that point, it's fine to jump on his grammar since he basically contradicted himself when he said that.

I was kiddin' around trying to make Krizz feel bad
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-28 10:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Yeah, right, whatever. It sounds like total paradise.. I tell ya what.. you can keep all that gear and keep ripping your hair out, and I'll keep killing ***and having fun ok.

Man you act like you never lost a fight before.. hell everyone looses.. it's not a big deal. laugh and get back up and go do it again.
I doubt he could rip his hair out if we wanted to. Last pics I saw it was already pretty short. Gotta be able to get a grip on it.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 10:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:

No, since I'm not in a shell that caters to everyone's deepest wishes and gets nothing done, but instead, in a shell that get's ***accomplished and gets people the drops they want, which was the point of joining the shell to begin with.

Ripping my hair out? /nin isn't my favorite sub, but I have fun just fine on it. And yes, we have all lost fights before. There's a difference between losing a fight and going out of your way to make your shell lose a fight though.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 10:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:

Ripping my hair out? /nin isn't my favorite sub, but I have fun just fine on it. And yes, we have all lost fights before. There's a difference between losing a fight and going out of your way to make your shell lose a fight though.

Who said anything about wanting to loose a fight? Do you need to drum up extreme examples of people intentionally trying to kill others, in order to justify your statements about forcing people to play the way you want?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-01-28 10:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Lets say you and I are in a salvage group and our tank decides he wants to come /war for fun. This is your own example here not mine. You know what I would say already. What would you tell him Vegetto?
That someone who is capable would be main tanking and he could still sub war for fun, but would be unlikely to get a subjob cell, unless we got enough for everyone.

So in other words you would do the same thing I would? You would tell him it's ok to be /war?
Yea, sure, but you don't understand, his role would totally change in the run. He'd go from being top priority to every cell to being lowest priority to every cell. W/e dmg he gains from /war he's going to lose out of not having access to haste gear, unless there is enough for reveryone.

I don't see anything wrong with adjusting your tactics to the change in circumstances.

And I think it's ironic you actually agree with me now.. what did you actually think about it for a moment? There isn't a thing you can do to make others do what you want. You can either work with others (and that will be people who do not want to play a single job one day.. they might get burned out on it or they might want to try something new.) you can accept that, move on, and relax, or you can freak out, kick them from pt/shell, /blacklist, them and *STILL* not get your run on or get them to do what you want.

Honey > Vinegar
Fun > Drops
Reason > Idiocy

It's a GAME.. play it for FUN.

Soccer is a GAME. you play it for FUN. But if your forward wants to walk back and play as a second goalie, he's not going to be on the team for very long.
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2010-01-28 10:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I get that people get tired of the same job combination. I love rdm but get so tired of going to EVERYTHING as rdm when my blm and smn are pretty awesome too (accepted the fact I will never go to anything as lolNinja)... but if its something serious go as exactly what you are asked/what is needed and then later on for something not as important such as City Dynamis, teir 1 znms, what have you ask to go as a job you want to play but never get to. Least thats how I go at it...
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 10:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:

Who said anything about wanting to loose a fight? Do you need to drum up extreme examples of people intentionally trying to kill others, in order to justify your statements about forcing people to play the way you want?
Extreme examples? You want the mnk to come /war when he wants. You only have 1 tank, that mnk. Now you increase you chances of wiping to the boss by how much? it's not extreme, its from your own example.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 10:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Zolan said:
I get that people get tired of the same job combination. I love rdm but get so tired of going to EVERYTHING as rdm when my blm and smn are pretty awesome too (accepted the fact I will never go to anything as lolNinja)... but if its something serious go as exactly what you are asked/what is needed and then later on for something not as important such as City Dynamis, teir 1 znms, what have you ask to go as a job you want to play but never get to. Least thats how I go at it...

Well nin/drk can be very useful endgame. Why can't you do that some time?
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 10:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:

Extreme examples? You want the mnk to come /war when he wants. You only have 1 tank, that mnk. Now you increase you chances of wiping to the boss by how much? it's not extreme, its from your own example.

I didn't say *I* wanted him to, I said he could if *he* wanted to.. the chances of that are pretty slim but still.. if he did, I wouldn't stop him.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-01-28 10:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Zolan said:
I agree with this. If it's a major fight/event, do what's needed to get the win. If it's something like those things listed, there's room to play around and use other jobs.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 10:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:

I didn't say *I* wanted him to, I said he could if *he* wanted to.. the chances of that are pretty slim but still.. if he did, I wouldn't stop him.
and again, IF he wanted to, and went through with it, it would be going out of his way to wipe the pt on the boss.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 10:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Caitsith.Jadi said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:

and again, IF he wanted to, and went through with it, it would be going out of his way to wipe the pt on the boss.
That's just the way it goes I guess.. not much to say about that.. if your not gettin' anywhere probably nobody else will go either.. it's not like people would stand there and keep doing it over and over for nothing. I think your trying to paint a picture of something totally illogical like that, but people are not stupid, I *trust* that they are not stupid.. you perhaps.. believe that they would? I don't think so. That's probably why you hold the viewpoint you do.

Do you think your smarter than others? If not then you would agree that others by in large probably have a pretty good idea on what to do right? Most likely if they are interested in an event, then they have in interest in winning that event. So reason tells me, that I don't need to tell them what to do. I see that as the most logical action to take.

Do you agree or not?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 11:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Just want to point out how selfish you are Jadi.
Quote:

Player A: Farms a T4 ZNM pop. (~21 or 24k zeni idr well)
Player B: Goes whm/drk and melee's the NM

Wipe happens.

Player B: Sucks we wiped, well anyways I had a lot of fun thanks! Let's try this again next time!

How do you think player A feels?

It's ok to try stuff like that when it won't make any difference between victory and defeat. But if your "fun" hinders the efforts someone or a group of people, it's being selfish and is completely the opposite of teamworking.

Well I got a few questions,
First why are you relying on a melee whm/drk to do.. anything useful for the fight?
Second did Player A help farm?
Third, Honestly.. in the real world, Can you explain why someone would do this?

Enough with the totally crazy examples because what your talking about is total absolute fiction. This type of interaction only exists in your mind to illustrate the extreme. This is a smokescreen, an attempt to divert the topic into the absurd because you want to feel justified in telling others what to do.

When I say it's ok to come as whatever you like. 99% of the time that will be someone wanting to take a break to try something new.. nobody wants to address that.. instead they want to drum up wild examples of parties marching off to their death for crazy reasons.

I really don't see much point in addressing that.. but I do.. ohh I do.. why ooh why..
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 11:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't agree that they know what they should be doing, because if they did, they would know how vital it is they come /nin and wouldn't even bother to ask to come /war in the first place.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 11:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
I don't agree that they know what they should be doing, because if they did, they would know how vital it is they come /nin and wouldn't even bother to ask to come /war in the first place.

Well if you do not agree that others know how to play.. then how can you say yourself that *you* know how to play?

Do you believe you subscribe to a different reality than everyone else?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 11:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say they don't know how to play at all, but I could say for certainty the don't know how to do it efficiently with a lesser risk of wipe and a greater chance at victory.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 11:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
I wouldn't say they don't know how to play at all, but I could say for certainty the don't know how to do it efficiently with a lesser risk of wipe and a greater chance at victory.

This is quite a statement. I want to understand it better.

What makes you certain of this?

What you are saying is... that you believe that other players play pretty well but that you know how to be more efficient than others right? Why is that?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 11:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Have your mnks go /war next time you want to successfully defeat LBC and you'll see for yourself. If it's not self explanatory at this point, it's something you'll have to see for yourself.

Also, trolling, ect.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 11:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Have your mnks go /war next time you want to successfully defeat LBC and you'll see for yourself. If it's not self explanatory at this point, it's something you'll have to see for yourself.

Also, trolling, ect.

I didn't ask about that. The mnk/war doesn't exist. I'm taking about real people, do you think that real people by in large, know the right thing to do? Because I do.. this is why I hold the viewpoint I do.

It's not trolling, I'm trying to get at the root here. Because if you think they don't know what to do, then I would ask you.. being a person yourself.. why do you believe you know what to do yourself?

You said you were more efficient before, please explain.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 11:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, it's self explanatory or you have to see it for yourself. And yes, I honestly don't think you can be this moronic. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt when I say you're trolling.

You're talking in general, I'm talking in that specific situation we were talking about, the mnk/war in salvage.

If you're asking if I believe I know more than everyone on everything, then the answer is no. If you're asking if I believe I know more than the mnk who wants to sub war instead of nin to tank a chariot, then the answer is yes.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 11:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Like I said, it's self explanatory or you have to see it for yourself. And yes, I honestly don't think you can be this moronic. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt when I say you're trolling.

You're talking in general, I'm talking in that specific situation we were talking about, the mnk/war in salvage.

If you're asking if I believe I know more than everyone on everything, then the answer is no. If you're asking if I believe I know more than the mnk who wants to sub war instead of nin to tank a chariot, then the answer is yes.

Can you answer the question directly? "everyone on everything" is not what I asked you.

It's a really simple question. Do you believe that a majority of other people know how to play this game?

Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 11:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The majority? Definitely not. There are a much larger number of nabs than there are skilled players.
 Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 11:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
The majority? Definitely not. There are a much larger number of nabs than there are skilled players.

Whew.. thats.. something pretty arrogant to say. It reeks of elitism and I believe that your.. most likely.. an average player, just like everyone else.

I would say most people by in large know what they are doing. That explains why I don't need to take an commanding attitude when dealing with others.

I would bet.. that this has something to do with why your always up here answering questions.. maybe you have a desire to feel you are a better video game player because you believe you lack in other areas of life.. dunno..

But anyhow.. that's about as much as I want to know about you. I'm pretty much done taking to you now.

Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 11:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You're still wrong, just trying to play the RL card to compensate. You've been wrong for pages, lol.

Caitsith.Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-28 11:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
You're still wrong, just trying to play the RL card to compensate. You've been wrong for pages, lol.

There is no right or wrong answer. There is me trying to convince you that you do not need to act the way you do. I have been trying to tell you that you will make a more positive play environment for everyone and as a result have a better time playing yourself when you stop trying to control everyone you play with. Let people do what they want, it's sooo simple, and your not going to see one of the wild examples you threw at me. It does work because people are not crazy, they do know what they are doing. The ideas that you have are not unique either, many people hold those views but they are not very reasonable views. You hold a viewpoint that most people don't know what they are doing but somehow believe you do and you don't see anything wrong with that.

You can take that advice or not, like other players actions, there is no way I can force you to do something you don't want to.