Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy Explorers - Megathread
Final Fantasy Explorers - Megathread
First Page 2 3 4 ... 20 21 22
By Clinpachi 2015-12-29 13:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I got an email notification that the collector edition came back in stock at 6am this morning and it was gone by the time I checked the link at 8am.

By Clinpachi 2016-01-04 16:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll probably regret it but I went ahead and got the standard version of FFE.

To tide me over I picked up Fire Emblem: Awakening and it's beyond amazing. Easily up there with tactics war of the lions back on the PSP, and for me that is saying a lot. Fire Emblem Fates looks even more amazing. I hate coming into it as my first game but better late than never I guess. I've been told it's pretty good for people new to the series.

I still can't decide what job I want to play for explorers though lol. I'm still stuck on Samurai, Ninja, and Blue Mage to try out.
[+]
 Asura.Tonn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tonn
By Asura.Tonn 2016-01-04 17:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

the collectors edition looked to good to pass up so i preordered a month before. Its a bit pricy with s&h came out 80$. Im sure theyll have dlc for the weapons sooner or later. All the jobs look fun but ima be stuck on white mage!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-04 17:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Everytime you guys bump this thread I feel intense cravings!
[+]
By Clinpachi 2016-01-04 17:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm absolutely in love with my 3DS. I had to go on a small road trip with my wife this past weekend and was pretty impressed by the battery life.

Asura.Tonn said: »
the collectors edition looked to good to pass up so i preordered a month before. Its a bit pricy with s&h came out 80$. Im sure theyll have dlc for the weapons sooner or later. All the jobs look fun but ima be stuck on white mage!

Yeah I got notified ONCE for the collector edition and it sold out within a few hours before I had a chance to see the email. I can live with the standard for now I guess q_q
By Pantafernando 2016-01-07 09:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Today I was notified that I will be debited, then probably it will be shipped. I wonder how many days till it cross the continent. I think it was the first time I bought something physical to be sent oversea.
By Clinpachi 2016-01-07 09:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they TRY to coordinate with the carrier to get it to you by launch day. Emphasis on try lol.

My best friend just fb'd me and told me he was gonna pick up a 3ds to play with me which I didn't expect. He also mentioned his other friend is getting it too.

Excitement growing by the day~
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-07 15:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the game ready yet? I need to stop living and dedicate the rest of my life to this!
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-07 15:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said: »
I'll probably regret it but I went ahead and got the standard version of FFE.

To tide me over I picked up Fire Emblem: Awakening and it's beyond amazing. Easily up there with tactics war of the lions back on the PSP, and for me that is saying a lot. Fire Emblem Fates looks even more amazing. I hate coming into it as my first game but better late than never I guess. I've been told it's pretty good for people new to the series.

I still can't decide what job I want to play for explorers though lol. I'm still stuck on Samurai, Ninja, and Blue Mage to try out.

Bit off-topic, but Fire Emblem is a superb series, and Awakening isn't a bad spot to start. It has a lot more features than some of the previous games, such as the marriage and class-change systems, so you might be a little thrown going to older titles. However, I personally think that some of the others, namely Path of Radiance and 7, were the absolute best installments in the series. Highly recommend giving older titles a shot, as FE is possibly my favorite series ever.

Clinpachi said: »
I'm still stuck on Samurai, Ninja, and Blue Mage to try out.

Blue Mage.

BLUE MAGE.

BLUE.

MAGE.
By Clinpachi 2016-01-12 13:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just an FYI, if you preorder Final Fantasy Exploerers through amazon (and actually lots of other games) or buy it during the first two weeks of it's launch, prime members get 20% off.

I just cancelled my preorders for FFE and Fire Emblem Fates:Birthright and re-preordered them and got about 16$ back to my gift card balance on my account.

I hope they keep that around. It works on Amiibo and other stuff too.

20% is a pretty nice discount.
By Clinpachi 2016-01-18 08:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

1 Week to goooooooo.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2016-01-18 12:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish people would publish games like this on the Vita, I have no idea how Monster Hunter and so many titles get on the 3DS instead of the Vita. I guess it's just because more people own a 3DS? Seems like a loop; more people own a 3DS because 3DS has a big library so more devs make games for 3DS so it gets a bigger library so more devs make games for 3DS and more people buy a 3DS over a Vita.

Really disappointing, Vita is a much more capable system. Better graphics, better controls, better touchscreen. Even has the back pressure(?) touch capability and a gyro that no one uses. I mean the gimmicky garbage is even better than the 3DS.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-18 13:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Seems like a loop; more people own a 3DS because 3DS has a big library so more devs make games for 3DS so it gets a bigger library so more devs make games for 3DS and more people buy a 3DS over a Vita.

Vita's library is quite large...in Japan.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2016-01-18 13:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
I wish people would publish games like this on the Vita, I have no idea how Monster Hunter and so many titles get on the 3DS instead of the Vita. I guess it's just because more people own a 3DS? Seems like a loop; more people own a 3DS because 3DS has a big library so more devs make games for 3DS so it gets a bigger library so more devs make games for 3DS and more people buy a 3DS over a Vita.

Really disappointing, Vita is a much more capable system. Better graphics, better controls, better touchscreen. Even has the back pressure(?) touch capability and a gyro that no one uses. I mean the gimmicky garbage is even better than the 3DS.
But other than graphics/gimmicky controls Vita has nothing "special" behind it to drive its sales as a portable console in a world where mobile gaming via smartphone is a possibility.

That's why Nintendo's console is winning, not necessarily because the 3DS is better performance wise but because it has iconic, exclusive things backing it. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, pretty much any iconic Nintendo franchise will always be locked onto a Nintendo device and people choose games like this to purchase their system. 3DS has more sales because they have "guaranteed games" where as, Vita doesn't. PlayStation simply doesn't have any iconic long standing franchises to fallback on anymore. Game companies see this and they see the numbers of units sold because of Nintendo's exclusives and then Nintendo's portable devices end up with more exclusives because of it.

It's simple a cycle that likely won't be broken as long as portable gaming systems have to compete with smart phones as an additional gaming device.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-01-18 13:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I go to gamestop. look at vita section, and most of it is just JRPG Ports or rehashes from games from other consoles.

Post deleted by User.
By Clinpachi 2016-01-18 13:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason I never got a 3DS sooner is because the Vita kinda mentally scarred me. I couldn't find any games I enjoyed enough, and I couldn't backwards compatibility any of my favorite psp games at the time (which wasn't many).

I had my Vita for like 3 months before I said screw this and sold it. I thought maybe handheld just wasn't for me anymore.

I friggin love my new 3DS. I've never played a Fire Emblem or Animal Crossing game until now and I'm upset I've been missing out lol.

God knows what else I'll like out there in the entire 3DS/DS library.
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2016-01-18 14:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »

But other than graphics/gimmicky controls Vita has nothing "special" behind it to drive its sales as a portable console in a world where mobile gaming via smartphone is a possibility.

That's why Nintendo's console is winning, not necessarily because the 3DS is better performance wise but because it has iconic, exclusive things backing it. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, pretty much any iconic Nintendo franchise will always be locked onto a Nintendo device and people choose games like this to purchase their system. 3DS has more sales because they have "guaranteed games" where as, Vita doesn't. PlayStation simply doesn't have any iconic long standing franchises to fallback on anymore. Game companies see this and they see the numbers of units sold because of Nintendo's exclusives and then Nintendo's portable devices end up with more exclusives because of it.

It's simple a cycle that likely won't be broken as long as portable gaming systems have to compete with smart phones as an additional gaming device.

Well I agree those games are the reason 3DS and every Gameboy iteration have gained traction, I myself am no longer a fan of inane rehashed games.

Other than Fire Emblem, Nintendo's games are never fresh enough to gain my interest anymore but I seem to be the minority in that department. If it wasn't for Kingdom Hearts 3DS, Bravely Default, and the Monster Hunter franchise I'd never have bought a 3DS.

Edit: SSB4 is amazing tho, but i only play it on wii u, which again I only bought for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
By Clinpachi 2016-01-18 15:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not entirely against the low horsepower hardware with 240p graphics to be honest. The systems are super affordable and cheap, which is great for kids as well. The system proves in many ways the same thing Minecraft did. It doesn't always have to be nextgen or insane graphics to be fun and enjoyable.

You can probably achieve quite a lot on those little cartridges too in terms of content.

I'm amazed in many ways I thought I never would be to be honest.
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2016-01-18 16:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the games I mentioned immensely and think the content they provided is insane. I've spent 200+ hours on MH3U, 90+ on Bravely Default and 250+ hours on MH4U. It's just that they'd be better on Vita.
By Clinpachi 2016-01-18 16:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The vita had/has? such potential but I feel like it's not being utilized with a solid library of games like the 3ds is. I'm completely overwhelmed by the sheer amount to choose from, not to even mention classics from DS such as super mario 64, star fox 64, final fantasy 3, chrono trigger.

That was the thing that pissed me off the most about the Vita. At the time I owned it, it had ZERO backwards compatibility and none of the games out or coming out interested me.

I heard that changed some now but it's too late for me and the Vita I think.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the games I mentioned immensely and think the content they provided is insane. I've spent 200+ hours on MH3U, 90+ on Bravely Default and 250+ hours on MH4U. It's just that they'd be better on Vita.

Monster hunter and even final fantasy explorers probably would be a LOT better on the vita for sure.

It's interesting how that all turns/turned out. It's likely how many people own a 3ds versus a vita. I'd love to see those numbers.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-01-18 16:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to keep the topic on topic and off of the vuta/DS ***flinging
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Clinpachi 2016-01-18 16:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

But there's nothing else to talk about! The OP has about all the info I could muster without spoiling it for myself or others lol.

Nothing here but hype atm ; ;

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-18 16:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if my body's ready but I just want to play with this so much!!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2016-01-18 16:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

don't know if want, damn this college life!
First Page 2 3 4 ... 20 21 22