Link | Quote | Reply

Also might be quest related :| lol
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-06 15:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What are schema for? I got two when finishing machinist armor.
 Siren.Obysuca
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-06 15:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
What are schema for? I got two when finishing machinist armor.

Materials for weapons you unlock when you get 6/7 star
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-06 19:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Game cleared!
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2016-02-06 19:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Game cleared!

Now go back and 100% everything!
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-06 20:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got 6* is it very long before I unlock 7*?
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-06 20:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got 6* is it very long before I unlock 7*?

Not really, maybe a half hour or less? It's mostly "Walk here" or "Kill Gigantaur/magic pot/tonberry" etc
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-02-07 12:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

having trouble on this mission, supposed to capture a Primal (or w/e they are called in this game) in a crystal, cant get the option to capture them.

:/

also, "1,000 needles" + full AP Barrage = pwnage.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-07 12:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
having trouble on this mission, supposed to capture a Primal (or w/e they are called in this game) in a crystal, cant get the option to capture them.

It will pop up in your Surge options when the eidolon is around 5%, stand very close to it when using it.
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-07 13:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »

It will pop up in your Surge options when the eidolon is around 5%, stand very close to it when using it.

Also, when you want to capture and don't have oracle items to change out your surge options, save the surge when they get around ~30%, so its up and not on cooldown. If you don't get encase, use a few skills, doesn't have to hit, stuff thats spamable like deflect or heavy guard work great to reset the surge options.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-02-07 13:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

got it out once time, then Shiva just dashed away....

couldnt get it to show up after that time.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-07 15:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

In regards to abilities, how does dual wield benefit you? Does it just add the off hand weapon's stats to them?
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-07 16:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

In regards to abilities, how does dual wield benefit you? Does it just add the off hand weapon's stats to them?

From what I've seen, it just seems to increase the ap you get back when doing normal hits, but I'm not 100% sure

Also, does anyone know if gigantuar needles are a breakable item or just a drop? Been trying to get one for an hour now and nothing :/

>_> Unlocked sam. Game = Easy mode now lol
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2016-02-07 19:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

breakable item? is there monster hunter type destroy parts mechanics going on here? also any one have a suggestion on how easier to damn... whats it called again when you convert an eildon to magicite? i had it fail 2x on shiva recently this was my first time trying to get one outside the initial quest think the first time she interupted me, second time i was right next to her but it used up my surge the second time and was unable to do it again... she was so low my monster helper finished her off before i managed to get encase back again.
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-07 19:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you can target specific parts and break them. Supposed to give other drops supposedly, though, if you're melee, you can really only hit 1 or 2 spots lol Most are the head or something up high

Sylph.Knala said: »
also any one have a suggestion on how easier to damn... whats it called again when you convert an eildon to magicite?

A few posts up theres a suggestion on an easier way to do it. Using Oracle item to recycle surge options or spamming a few skills, doesn't have to hit to recycle surge too. If you can, find an instant cooldown skill, like heavy guard or deflect, do those a few times and it recycles them.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2016-02-07 19:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think anything targetable on an eidolon is breakable? Ifrit's hands, Odin's head or tail, etc.
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2016-02-07 20:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

oh x.x thanks no wonder you could target specific parts... so that would explain why occ. i see them drop items before they die?
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2016-02-07 20:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I find Amaterasu, Alexander and Odin the easiest to break things as SAM. Alexander is the easiest, as you can break both of his front feet/legs/things very quickly
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-07 21:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Though, Alexander can repair his legs. Omega's pretty easy to break all four legs.
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-07 22:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

People on the reddits are saying sage is hands down the best for breaking parts.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-07 23:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently, scythes just use axe skills, which is kinda disappointing.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-08 10:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to do more damage with a sword than aze on Dark Knight. Unless Scythe changes a lot, I'm not sure about using one. I have tried Blood Axe (dmg 90) vs Buster Sword (upgraded to dmg 95 atm) and the sword does A LOT better damage.

I'm waiting for a design of Sword that fits in with the DRK look but atm, Buster looks best. >.>

EDIT: Actually, Brave Blade looks nice, has an Alternis Dim thing going on on DRK. Anything but that damn Buster Sword.
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-08 11:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the thing with axes is that you get berserk and can drain hp / get regen with a few, which increases your survivability on drk. Also, annihilator swings quite a few times, especially with berserk up.

Calamity does a ton of dmg too.
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-08 18:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So, finally caught some friends up to me (7*), so far it's not too bad, except that Leviathan, omg. 7k a hit and couldn't avoid sweep.

So, I decided I'd try coming as a tank, since it seems to be getting harder to just DD our way through the game lol Now the question is, which is the better tank? Knight or pld? I tried pld out once before and even with all the malice+ skills / gear, I still couldn't keep hate off of the rest of the pt. Is there some trick or just keep spamming and hope it goes for you?

Also, anyone try out geo yet?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-08 21:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I swear, fighting Ramuh must be what it felt like to be Manny Pacquiao fighting Floyd Mayweather. I spend the whole fight chasing him.
[+]
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-10 19:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, think I'm done with explorers for a bit >_> These "Triple dmg/hp" quests want to make me throw my 3ds out the window lol

Tried the h2h one, got Ifrit to 1%, so low you can't even see his hp, used up all my revives because other bs I couldn't avoid/counter wasn't up. Go in for the final hit, he decides to insta jump up as I'm in the middle of a skill and before I can counter, he drops down and I die...

No clue how these are supposed to be done online, seeing as with 1 more person, the difficulty doubles. As in, can easily solo an abberant in under 2 mins offline. Can die a few times or take 20 mins online with one other person.
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-10 20:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are still rocking axes, try getting a few re-raise on your Vortex. I have cheesed out a lot of missions by just keeping re-raise up on myself and chipping away the boss.
 Leviathan.Tavv
Server: Leviathan
user: Tavv
By Leviathan.Tavv 2016-02-10 20:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Any guides on how to use Bard Sing more effectively? And how does the auto attacking work with them, it looks like some effect happens but I have no clue lol
By Clinpachi 2016-02-10 21:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Sweet Christ on a popsicle.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-10 22:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I was encasing to get Terra earlier, random 16k on Alexander as Knight. I use Brave Blade, Earth Shield, full Knight AF and the best THF Anklet I've gotten so far. The hit was non critical and I really never break 10k.

EDIT: All that equipment is fully upgraded with +8 STR on Brave Blade and HP+ on every piece of armor.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22