Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy Explorers - Megathread
Final Fantasy Explorers - Megathread
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22
By Clinpachi 2016-02-11 08:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there is a super brief moment after Alexander does a specific move where he will take insane damage. I 99,999'd out of nowhere once and my party was like "wtf just happened to his health". I had zero explanation lol.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-11 10:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Sweet Christ on a popsicle.

Well now I feel like I have no idea what I am doing anymore.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-11 10:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, I am sitting here, like oh they use a bunch of items, maybe I should use items more. I go on a quest, open the item menu and realize I don't know what any of the items actually do.

Google translating the video description doesn't help either :(

"Toka I'm losing firepower to dagger fighting, Toka I'm more of Paladin is stable if do healer and tank, de buffer is still Toka I'm the better of the missile, not say such unrefined thing.
Because it's cool-only equipment."
By Clinpachi 2016-02-11 16:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm currently questioning my life choices and existence after seeing that video lol.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-11 16:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kinda disappointed in the Blue Mage of this game, the stats seem more physical-geared, most of the phys spells are somewhat meh and the magic spells are meh too, I'm actually using sword skills because they are stronger. (I have a Brave Blade fully upgraded which is currently stronger than my dagger.) =/

Grand Delta is pretty nice on Sage though.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-11 16:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played anything but THF and BST since unlocking BST. Really have not played THF though, I just use it to run around grabbing ores/etc for cleareyes.

I think I might check out RDM at some point, and maybe the pew pew jobs so I can use the bazooka.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-11 16:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Is mutating magick a thing too? Like can you get Regen mutations on a Cure spell?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-11 16:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-11 16:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
I haven't played anything but THF and BST since unlocking BST. Really have not played THF though, I just use it to run around grabbing ores/etc for cleareyes.

I think I might check out RDM at some point, and maybe the pew pew jobs so I can use the bazooka.
I play A LOT of Machinist, Knight and Red Mage. Red Mage is kinda like Blue Mage; you either gear for magic or melee. I do melee with attacks then I also have Cura, Protect, and Shell. I hate the look of a Red Mage with a shield though.

BST I use for Atmalith farming, BST and Dark Knight attack too slow for my liking. I unlocked and did the mastery quest for Paladin enough to get it's full set but haven't messed with it too much.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-11 20:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally created one of every monster, doesn't do anything but makes me feel like a good Beastmaster :D
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-11 20:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I still need Flan Princess, I think that's the only one I haven't created, may be wrong.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-11 20:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I still need Flan Princess, I think that's the only one I haven't created, may be wrong.
You can look in the notebook, any monster who can be created will have a 0 or the number you have made, otherwise there will be no number (some monsters you can't make).
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2016-02-12 02:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i know this has probably been asked alot but i have a few questions... if possible PM'n me a link to any or several resources that might answer these questions would be helpful that said...

So i got ninja been messing around with katana skills, was playing as a machinist prior, got endless link for nether moon to cherry blossom.

was curious what other pertinent mutations and specific skills should i be shooting for within the katana skill set, also i managed to stack the endless link to cherry blossom, was curious what extra stacks of that actually do, additionally have been trying to get shiranui to mutate a link to nether moon but no luck so far, i'm guessing some skills have a limited range of mutations they can take? possibly even get cherry blossom to mutate hagakure.

anyways all that said think im on 4 star quests now and was curios 1. when do i get more capacity for monsters, currently my only 2 are a chocobo and a madrigora both which take up 200/300, and 2. what are some good pets to actually shoot for?

lastly my question is about samurai, since i can already use katana's and have proficiency in it... what makes samurai such a good class? (im guessing somewhat better base stats, but beyond that?) also what are ninjato x.x?
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-12 10:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For Endless Links I have found no difference between 1 and up to 4 stacks. It seems that 1 is enough.

Monster Load is where it will be forever. Anything that can heal you will be 200+

Best monster combo is a Centurion (100 load, DPS/Tank) and a Magic Pot (200 load, Cures/AoE Magic).

When just generally farming I suggest a Cactuar as it will use Haste every time you enter a new area which makes running around much faster.

I am guessing the key difference with SAM will be whatever it's passive is, and the unique skill. Not much help as I don't have it unlocked.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-12 10:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You can look in the notebook, any monster who can be created will have a 0 or the number you have made, otherwise there will be no number (some monsters you can't make).
I know, I just didn't have my 3DS near me when I posted that.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-12 12:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know until I was 98% done. I was using this...

Also only just last night figured out how to zoom in and out. I thought it was just a camera being an *** and cross fingers and hope it zooms back kinda thing. Turns out hold down L and press up and down.
 Siren.Obysuca
Server: Siren
user: Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-12 12:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I am guessing the key difference with SAM will be whatever it's passive is, and the unique skill. Not much help as I don't have it unlocked.

Iai is their skill, a chargeable one that at max charge is a 100% crit. Zanshin is their passive, reduces cooldown times and also it says they have the highest base str
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-12 19:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That huge let down of a moment when you spent forever grinding to get the final gear materials, fully upgrading it only to realize, all gear has the same max stats, even the starting gear... -.-

Remember when rpgs actually had different gear and wasn't 100% for fashion? Pepperidge farm remembers
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2016-02-12 20:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Obysuca said: »
That huge let down of a moment when you spent forever grinding to get the final gear materials, fully upgrading it only to realize, all gear has the same max stats, even the starting gear... -.-

Remember when rpgs actually had different gear and wasn't 100% for fashion? Pepperidge farm remembers
Really, the max upgraded starting gear has the same stats as the max upgraded final gear? Lol
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-12 20:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Really, the max upgraded starting gear has the same stats as the max upgraded final gear? Lol

Only did pdef on pants as an example.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2016-02-12 20:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, that's sad. So, probably the best thing to do for this game is just get a starting set, farm it up to max. Than, once you have the pieces you want for looks, farm those up to max. Everything else, to hell with.
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-12 20:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah :/ Wish I had known that, could have just thrown materials into whatever gear and not had to do X amount of quests for a piece I thought was better. Not sure on the weapons, but I've heard its the same deal with them too.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-12 22:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know until I was 98% done. I was using this...

Also only just last night figured out how to zoom in and out. I thought it was just a camera being an *** and cross fingers and hope it zooms back kinda thing. Turns out hold down L and press up and down.
Turns out I haven't created quite a few, I just have their atmaliths.

Aberrant Leviathan is an absolute *** hole as Machinist, I had to use Knight to kill him.

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

So, does that mean that Novice gear can just be upgraded abnormally high or that armor makes no difference? I have Knight, Red Mage, and Machinist AF fully upgraded. I also finished Blue Mage AF today (icedrake fangs are a ***) and played around with it. Holy ***did I underestimate Goblin Punch!
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-12 22:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So, does that mean that Novice gear can just be upgraded abnormally high or that armor makes no difference? I have Knight, Red Mage, and Machinist AF fully upgraded. I also finished Blue Mage AF today (icedrake fangs are a ***) and played around with it. Holy ***did I underestimate Goblin Punch!

It looks like the cap on different "weight classes" are different, with Novice set for some reason being the same as the "heavy" gear. For example P-eva is higher on the "medium" sets, but after making 2 sets quickly they were the same caps.

The difference lies in the stats and load you get from higher end gear. Novice for example gives you no bonuses, while other sets will give you small increases to strength, magic, etc. Ultimately it is Final Fashion Explorers though, as the stat boosts are negligible (despite what you may have heard +5 to Strength does not let you magically break the damage cap).

Also worth noting that it requires significantly fewer upgrade materials on a higher end piece to reach the cap. On Novice for example the upgrades are going from 2-73, while other gear is in the neighborhood of 55-73. The items needed per upgrade don't change, so you end up just digging further into the list when you start from a lower level piece of gear.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-13 10:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks like the cap on different "weight classes" are different, with Novice set for some reason being the same as the "heavy" gear. For example P-eva is higher on the "medium" sets, but after making 2 sets quickly they were the same caps.

The difference lies in the stats and load you get from higher end gear. Novice for example gives you no bonuses, while other sets will give you small increases to strength, magic, etc. Ultimately it is Final Fashion Explorers though, as the stat boosts are negligible (despite what you may have heard +5 to Strength does not let you magically break the damage cap).

Also worth noting that it requires significantly fewer upgrade materials on a higher end piece to reach the cap. On Novice for example the upgrades are going from 2-73, while other gear is in the neighborhood of 55-73. The items needed per upgrade don't change, so you end up just digging further into the list when you start from a lower level piece of gear.
So what about weapons? Tiny Bee has max damage of 170 while Brave Blade has a max of 200. What is the max of the best gun and sword?

I put Strength +8 on both.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-13 18:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

All Blue Magic learned! \o/
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-13 19:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So what about weapons? Tiny Bee has max damage of 170 while Brave Blade has a max of 200. What is the max of the best gun and sword?

I put Strength +8 on both.

Weapons seem to vary but only a little and only specific cases. Forums/reddit seem to point towards max upgrades on most being the same. There are some specific weapons where stats are capped higher or lower though, for example axes that mention being unweildy have a lower p-accuracy cap.

I find it really funny how much gear have the same max stats as the devs said in interviews leading up to the games release that they had no intention of allowing a glamour/fashion based system, that they were more focused on a variety of gear with varying stats than allowing people to make any particular set they like be upgraded to the same point as everything else.

Edit: Also I started playing Dragoon because I unlocked the Drill weapon. I made two and this is pretty much my playstyle now...

Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-13 20:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm working on getting Kain's Lance to try out Dragoon. So, I wonder if it's fine to keep Brave Blade and Tiny Bee permanently. I like those two weapons. I was going to get Cerberus but when I unlocked it, I saw it eats up AP really fast and the AP conservation on Tiny Bee is one thing I love about it. Also, It looks like a Desert Eagle and it was one of my fave weapons from X-2. If only Gun Mage used it instead, I hated that weird gun they had.

Starting to like Blue Mage, I have it as a physical attacker. I want to like Dark Knight but it's just way too slow for my liking.

EDIT: A look on Reddit lead to a list of fully upgraded stats. Looks like I can keep these weapons permanently. Though Cerberus has a significantly higher attack because it is special so I suppose I should get one at some point.
[+]
 Siren.Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-14 12:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else having the problem lately of the presets glitching out? The last few days it'll either remove/replace a piece of armor or remove my skills, even though nothing's changed.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-15 14:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Started playing with DRK with a sword. I kinda like it. Just waiting to see if there are more fitting swords I have yet to unlock but so far I'm thinking Chaosbringer or Arondight.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22