Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-04 21:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
When do I get a scythe? I have Dark Knight, Thief, and Time Mage unlocked but no scythe.

When you unlock 7* rank.
Ffffffuck.

When/how do I get the -aga spells to unlock Red Mage? I have all available Black Magic spells unlocked but nothing beyond tier 1.

Not sure how early they are available but you have to buy each tier to get the next, and when no more tiers are available, story progress.
Then I'm at story progress. Shiva kept killing me...I actually used the C-word on her. >.>
Server: Excalibur
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-04 21:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

When do I get a scythe? I have Dark Knight, Thief, and Time Mage unlocked but no scythe.

When you unlock 7* rank.
Ffffffuck.

When/how do I get the -aga spells to unlock Red Mage? I have all available Black Magic spells unlocked but nothing beyond tier 1.

Not sure how early they are available but you have to buy each tier to get the next, and when no more tiers are available, story progress.
Then I'm at story progress. Shiva kept killing me...I actually used the C-word on her. >.>

Carrotchan?
[+]
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-02-04 22:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
Idk how many times i've farmed alexander but i can't get the inviolable sprocket... everything else. what part is that his tail? his mid section? xD

If I get one I will let you know! I am farming him right now myself.

I got the things I needed :< Didn't get any sprockets.
Sprockets are Rank 3(Red) rarity from breaks. Doesn't matter what you break as far as I know, but I got it from his legs.

Remember to turn up the difficulty and do it on the highest Star you have unlocked for increased drop chance.

Lastly pick up the Subquest for him. Save before you turn it in, then turn it in. Reload if you don't get a sprocket.

only on 8* atm.. put it on +5 red stars and still get gold drops but no sprockets xD
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-04 22:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
Idk how many times i've farmed alexander but i can't get the inviolable sprocket... everything else. what part is that his tail? his mid section? xD

If I get one I will let you know! I am farming him right now myself.

I got the things I needed :< Didn't get any sprockets.
Sprockets are Rank 3(Red) rarity from breaks. Doesn't matter what you break as far as I know, but I got it from his legs.

Remember to turn up the difficulty and do it on the highest Star you have unlocked for increased drop chance.

Lastly pick up the Subquest for him. Save before you turn it in, then turn it in. Reload if you don't get a sprocket.

only on 8* atm.. put it on +5 red stars and still get gold drops but no sprockets xD

I just got one testing a little something out.

On the reddit I saw someone mentioned that higher tier mobs also drop lower tier loot. So for example a Alruane drops higher tier things that a Mandragora drops, but also the things the Mandy drops.

I thought this applied to Eidolons and A.Eidolons, but now I am not so sure.

I threw up 5 stars worth of extra crap, and did the level 5 Alexander quest where you fight him and collect 20 items. Broke his left leg and got the sprocket.

I have been farming A.Dryad for a while to try and get an item listed as a Dryad drop. Going to back that up to regular Dryad and try that out.

On the subject of challenges on quests, do the blue stars each negate a red star?
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-02-04 22:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

you got the sprocket on normal alex xD... *looks at the list... yep there it is. normal alex drops it not A.Alex... fml

ty you are the best
[+]
By Obysuca 2016-02-04 22:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, this is a bit disappointing lol Got 6 star, got a new ability that's pretty good. Not enough load even with full AF :/ Hope some armor later on gives more than 5 load
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2016-02-04 23:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Obysuca said: »
Welp, this is a bit disappointing lol Got 6 star, got a new ability that's pretty good. Not enough load even with full AF :/ Hope some armor later on gives more than 5 load

Nope :<
By Obysuca 2016-02-04 23:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said: »
Obysuca said: »

Nope :<

Meh, so either super quick sprinting, or a multi-hit skill >_> unless I upgrade to this other armor and lose all the load, then thats a good 3? less skills.

>_> Load is stupid
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-02-04 23:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

so... made a demon shield... guess Drk can't use it? >.> can't it won't let me. D: do they only get the little circle shields? if so thats dumb
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-04 23:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... this is why I shouldn't stay up late playing games.

I switched jobs to play around and was getting annoyed with how many variations of skills were in my custom list, so I decided to clear it out. My thought was "It will only let me delete the ones that I am not using so no worries".

Went out, did a mission or two (so my game had saved at this point) and switched back to BST so I could farm some bats for thief anklet...

Well... awesome.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-02-05 00:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> press start on the skills you want to "keep" don't think you can delete those...
By Grumpy Cat 2016-02-05 00:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> press start on the skills you want to "keep" don't think you can delete those...

Yeah, they were all kinda in progress so I never bothered to do that. It's fine though, they were kind of a mess. Good chance to clean them up and also to start leveling up some new monsters while I'm at it.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-05 08:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does Encase keep failing?
By Clinpachi 2016-02-05 08:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It either moved out of range or you misjudged your aim. you have to aim right at it and be fairly close iirc.

I've missed a couple for both reasons.
[+]
By Clinpachi 2016-02-05 08:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my Aegis last night and maxed the stats on both it and Ragnarok. All I can really do for my paladin now is get a new set of "endgame" fusion armor and max the upgrades on it.

I'm starting to feel sad because I think I'm starting to cap out progress lol. I have enjoyed this game so freaking much though. I give it a 9/10. My only wish is that the "missions" felt more like a solid story instead of a to-do list with a 2 second cutscene with cid which unlocks the next teir.

I think this is a step in the right direction in every other sense though. Great game for casuals. I'm about 60 hours into the game and I still have about 20 missions left to clear (without counting other job mastery quests). I'd say this is easily a 80-100 hour game if you want to master and collect everything.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-05 09:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinpachi said: »

It either moved out of range or you misjudged your aim. you have to aim right at it and be fairly close iirc.

I've missed a couple for both reasons.
Got it. Lol
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-05 09:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I also unlocked Squall and Lightning trance/attire and Rikku's attire.
By Clinpachi 2016-02-05 11:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I was suprised to see Rikku's attire show up in my list. She wasn't mentioned at all as far as I know.
[+]
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-02-05 11:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Man i need to farm leech bats so i can spam a bunch more Thief's anklet. need a nice 7+ hp/ap. right now got a good AP one but want that HP too.

Side note how does Tame work? i use it to start a fight but it rarely works. do you have to kill a mob with it? i swear i get better results just killing stuff on my Drk.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-05 11:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Got Machinist unlocked, also Yuna's Trance, attire, and gun. I want that gun but need to buy MCH armor so I need seduction powder.
[+]
 Siren.Obysuca
Server: Siren
user: Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2016-02-05 11:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Any suggestions on a better way to farm scythe schema? Only thing online I can find is "spam the mastery quest", which in 2 hours has gotten me axes, spears, bucklers -.- 2-3 of each, but no scythe
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-02-05 11:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Obysuca said: »
Any suggestions on a better way to farm scythe schema? Only thing online I can find is "spam the mastery quest", which in 2 hours has gotten me axes, spears, bucklers -.- 2-3 of each, but no scythe

Problem is as far as i know there are only 2 things that drop it. Diabolos and Bahamut. Think people say to do the mastery quest because that quest has a chance to reward a scythe schema... not sure though.
By Clinpachi 2016-02-05 12:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to spam the crap out of the blue mage mastry quest to get Sword Schema for my paladin. The paladin one kept giving me buckler, dagger, and spear?!

The only other way to get schema is to break parts of avatars off with a series of crits.

Looks like 6*+ diabolos and bahamut can drop scythe (It'll be a gold drop on the ground).

Mastery is the best way to go, but it's a total ***shoot.

Good luck.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-05 12:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Woo I got a lv 2 toad!! I know you're all impressed.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-02-05 12:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

i am progressing very slowly D:

i punch things.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-02-05 12:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, reading these last few posts and I'm wondering......how the hell did I get the BLU AF Schema so early in the game? IIRC I got it the first time I fought Shiva. I didn't even notice it drop or anything, it suddenly just showed up as a crafting option.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-02-05 12:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
i am progressing very slowly D:

i punch things.

Don't feel bad, I'm barely on 3* quests. My ADD kicks in after about 1hr of play. I'm incapable of 3DS marathon sessions. Also, my neck hurts after a while.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-02-05 13:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

3ds time is usually only on WC breaks, at work between projects, or time not at home. lol
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-05 13:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I never liked playing for long period either, regardless of the game, even if I like it a lot. It just tires me(and sometimes bores me).

Anyway beaten Ifrit for the first time! Okay not a lot..been playing monkey so far, waiting to unlock some of my favourite before trying other jobs.
[+]
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-02-05 13:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I generally play at home when im listening to podcasts or watching youtube vids. since i dont need to focus much. xD though during some boss fights ill pause the vid. but thats like 3 mins instead of playing for 2 hours and then having to stop because i want to finish my stuffs :P
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 20 21 22