Russian Fighter Jet Shot Down By Turkey

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Russian Fighter Jet Shot Down By Turkey
Russian Fighter Jet Shot Down By Turkey
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-11-25 13:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If you think about it, the US violates more country's airspace and at a higher rate than Russia does.

We have more bases around the world than any other country. And I'm sure those pilots are making all sorts of training exercises all the time.
These two statements have nothing to do with each other? Violation isn't simply being present.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-11-25 13:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
If you think about it, the US violates more country's airspace and at a higher rate than Russia does.

We have more bases around the world than any other country. And I'm sure those pilots are making all sorts of training exercises all the time.
These two statements have nothing to do with each other? Violation isn't simply being present.
Sorry, but are you saying that the US has permission every single time they have a training exercise?

I seriously doubt that they even bother to let Germany know when they are going to send some jets up in the air every single time, they just do it. Or Japan. Or Italy. Or The Netherlands...
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-11-25 13:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, but are you saying that the US has permission every single time they have a training exercise?

I seriously doubt that they even bother to let Germany know when they are going to send some jets up in the air every single time, they just do it. Or Japan. Or Italy. Or The Netherlands...
What!?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-25 13:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what causes that doubt?
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-11-25 13:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, they have permissions, generally by treaty or other agreements.
Also, as a general rule, aircraft (both military and civilian) are required to register with the flight control in the area, and are generally required to be cleared for activities in the area (or otherwise inform them of intended operations), in order to minimize the risk of potential accidents.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-11-25 13:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
the Russian-Turkey issue does not seem the same to me as the Turkey-Greece example, nor of any U.S. examples of which I am presently aware.
Nothing in geopolitics is simple.

There is a lot of background information between Turkey and Syria that is not making it into news reports or being ignored by people

For instance:
-Syria shot down one of Turkey's planes in 2012 for doing basically the same thing Russia did.
-Turkey does not like the Syrian leader and wants him gone
-Turkey has claimed Russia is bombing Turkman villages who are rebels against Assad, not ISIS
-Turkey has recieved more than 2 million Syrian refugees since this war started.

There is a history of issues that seems to be glossed over or ignored by many reports.

Edit: And I'm certaintly not an expert in Turkey/Syria history but this event didn't occur in a vaccum, which it seems to be portrayed as. Not specifically pointed at you, just trying to point out and agree that things are complicated
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-25 13:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Ramyrez said: »
the Russian-Turkey issue does not seem the same to me as the Turkey-Greece example, nor of any U.S. examples of which I am presently aware.
Nothing in geopolitics is simple.

There is a lot of background information between Turkey and Syria that is not making it into news reports or being ignored by people

For instance:
-Syria shot down one of Turkey's planes in 2012 for doing basically the same thing Russia did.
-Turkey does not like the Syrian leader and wants him gone
-Turkey has claimed Russia is bombing Turkman villages who are rebels against Assid, not ISIS
-Turkey has recieved more than 2 million Syrian refugees since this war started.

There is a history of issues that seems to be glossed over or ignored by many reports.

Aye. That's kind of what I was meaning though. Russia's playing pretty dirty in the first place and while -- again -- I would have preferred jets not being shot down and pilots not dying, I also get that Turkey had pretty good justification for doing it, and the situation isn't the same as a neighboring country/associate of neighboring country flying training exercises in the region.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-11-25 13:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Maybe by the reports who only want to pander sensationalism (why report all the facts when people can make up their versions of the facts from the missing pieces?), but not by those who actually know better.

By the way, you might want to stick to one account when posting. When you do both accounts and have each other give commentary, it doesn't help your argument at all.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-11-25 13:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, you might want to stick to one account when posting. When you do both accounts and have each other give commentary, it doesn't help your argument at all.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-11-25 13:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »

There is a lot of irony in this statement too IMO.
Hmm? Because I like Mark Sheppard's expressions? Or him as a demon?
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-11-25 13:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-25 13:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Russia has apparently bombed a convoy in Syria (Azaz, near the Turkish border) that was loaded with supplies for refugees

7 dead and 10 injured, 20 trucks were set on fire

A real *** thing to do if true
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-25 13:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanksgiving finally pushed the turkeys over the edge huh?!

This was a long time coming if you ask me..
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-11-25 13:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Thanksgiving finally pushed the turkeys over the edge huh?!

This was a long time coming if you ask me..
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-25 14:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Milamber and Kara are two different people, I don't know why this has been questioned in a thread about Turkey, Russia, Jet planes, and hopefully pecan pie.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-25 15:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Milamber and Kara are two different people, I don't know why this has been questioned in a thread about Turkey, Russia, Jet planes, and hopefully pecan pie.

Because when more than one person disagrees with you, it must be just a singular nutbag.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-25 15:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

Because when more than one person disagrees with you, it must be just a singular nutbag.

I am my own distinct brand of nutbag!!!!

...wait.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-25 15:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

and all Danish people are the same.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-25 15:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

and all Danish people are the same.

Well, they're not actually Danish, they just live there.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-25 17:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There's something rotten in Denmark...?

Also...

Why is Russia the only nation standing up against terrorism?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-25 18:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even remotely true.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-25 18:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

llllllllooooooooooollllllllll

Have you not read a newspaper in years?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-25 18:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Not even remotely true.
It just seems like the US is only pretending to fight ISIS.
Sure the media says we are fighting.
But it doesn't take much digging to realise something isn't adding up for this to be true.
All we are doing is taking down leaders of nations so that terrorist can rise up and take their place.
Why does this keep happening everywhere we go?
Do you all really believe it's a coincidence?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-25 18:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So like if this did escalate and nukes were launched, I could imagine one last final announcement:

Gabe Newell: We are delighted to announce that Half Life 3 is in production!

BOOM
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-25 18:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It just seems like the US is only pretending to fight ISIS.

I believe you have the US confused with the Russians. I'm not even going to ask you to share the results of your "digging."
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8