Parents Sue School Over Sons Suicide

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Parents sue school over sons suicide
Parents sue school over sons suicide
First Page 2 3 4 5

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By nyheen 2015-10-07 19:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
nyheen said: »
i want to know how did that 14 year old get the gun so easy? no lock on it? no safe case etc?. no one blaming him?, yes it true bullies had a big part in it. but having a gun under the bed wont help his case

Try reading the article next time

Odin.Godofgods said: »
The day Lamar shot himself, his father mistakenly grabbed his wife's keys when he left the house — leaving the key to the gun box at home.

so how does that help any more? that just saying his father, knowing he got a deadly weapon in the house, carelessly leave his keys to the gun case in the house with kids, something like that you have to be more careful with,
By nyheen 2015-10-07 19:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Post above you quotes the article where it says how...

But no he wanted to die. He didn't wanna kill others. No Sandy Hook.
what i mean by that was how easy the other kid got his mom gun, and same for the other kids that getting guns from mom/dad

Post deleted by User.
By nyheen 2015-10-07 19:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

then he should of just got a password guncase

much more safer or even better, a key/password case. need both to get inside.
By Yatenkou 2015-10-07 19:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If they have irrefutable proof of the kids that bullied this kid, then the ones who bullied him should be paying this lawsuit, but the school should also be held accountable for not putting a stop to this if they knew this kid was being bullied.

Post deleted by User.
By Yatenkou 2015-10-07 19:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

nyheen said: »
then he should of just got a password guncase

much more safer or even better, a key/password case. need both to get inside.
(Sorry for the double post) But are you nuts? A key is more secure than a 14 year old who can watch his father input the code and commit it to memory than figure out where the key is. This was a simple case of unfortunate circumstances.
By Yatenkou 2015-10-07 19:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Yatenkou said: »
If they have irrefutable proof of the kids that bullied this kid, then the ones who bullied him should be paying this lawsuit, but the school should also be held accountable for not putting a stop to this if they knew this kid was being bullied.
Except a lawsuit against a school holds the tax payers accountable.
Yeah you're right about that unfortunately, got me there.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Ermachko
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: ermachko
By Cerberus.Ermachko 2015-10-07 20:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

How about teach your kid to stand up for himself. The anti-bullying culture is horseshit. Stop raising sissy *** kids. is it sad he took his life yes very no kid at 14 should end their existence. But I blame the parents more the the kids. Teach them to stand up for what they believe in stop creating a society of victims.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Ermachko
By Cerberus.Ermachko 2015-10-07 20:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Kids are crafty (sorry used to be crafty) now they are mindless PC drones. He coulda figured out a way to exact his revenge but instead he was taught to do this instead. His parents and parents in America are to blame on both sides the bullies parents and the bullied's parents Period.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-07 20:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

How about also teaching the kids at the school not to be little shits to each other and actually try to at least be civil even if you don't like someone

Teach them both at home and in school

We have an organization here that goes around to schools to help with bullying, teach kids to stand up for others and themselves and to talk to the teacher if they notice anything
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-10-07 20:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ermachko said: »
He coulda figured out a way to exact his revenge but instead he was taught to do this instead. His parents and parents in America are to blame on both sides the bullies parents and the bullied's parents Period.

Are you literally kidding me right now?
 Cerberus.Ermachko
By Cerberus.Ermachko 2015-10-07 20:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have to help myself. The fact that you don't understand is on you buddy not Me.
He was taught, by the media, family members so on and so forth.
Speak up for yourself kids! Don't like how someone treats you or disrespect's you,kick the ***out them. Don't play the victim!
This planet is doomed with they way "We" are supposed to do things now according to society.
PC police at it's finest.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-10-07 20:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have to help myself. The fact that you don't understand is on you buddy not Me.
He was taught, by the media, family members so on and so forth.
Speak up for yourself kids! Don't like how someone treats you or disrespect's you,kick the ***out them. Don't play the victim!
This planet is doomed with they way "We" are supposed to do things now according to society.
PC police at it's finest.

I mean, I get that the best course of action is to stand up to the bully (this is not revenge, this is showing self-confidence). Not all kids are emotionally equipped to do this, though, especially during the turbulent period of puberty -- is that the parents' faults?

Saying he was taught suicide is just dumb.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ermachko
By Cerberus.Ermachko 2015-10-07 20:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly my point. lmao. They are taught this now maybe not in school or at home, but on TV and in Music and such. if not explain how 4y.o. in stores who don't get there way "say maybe i'll just kill myself" It's sad But they are taught to run away from your problems your last resort is suicide.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-10-07 20:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhhhh, so yeah, I get what you're saying that kids need to learn to stand up for themselves, but teaching kids that violence and revenge is the way to handle such situations is taking that off the deep end.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-10-07 20:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I don't really think "political correctness" is a thing here -- adolescent suicide isn't a new thing. If there are rising suicide rates amongst teens, I would sooner blame rapidly rising expectations for kids these days (especially regarding the intersection between grades, college applications, and self-worth)
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2015-10-07 20:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
ore kids to deal with. The people who are actually responsible at the end of the day for him have what? 2? 3? 4?

I don't mean to me a cold-hearted ***, but I feel like some of these instances the parents are just looking for someone else to blame besides themselves.

If you as a parent don't recognize you

Eh its not that i do not agree with you however many families these days are dual income and less families eat dinner together at you know an actual dinner table anymore, save for if he was acting up and getting in trouble it may very well be that due to lack of contact/engagement of the right level with their son, that they may not have been aware of his plight... which in of itself is sad if that was the case.

is life yes very no kid at 14 should end their existence. But I blame the parents more the the kids.

Eh easier said than done, have you ever been bullied? i have, few times i did try to stand up for myself since it was a group effort i was made into the bad guy of the situation and got in trouble with school and home.

Its easy to say you can be tough ect. ect. i just thank god that my dad is deathly scared of guns and weapons in general because at one point i wanted to make the ones who had driven me so far down pay.

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
ot to be little shits to each other and actually try to at least be civil even if you don't like someone

problem is, i've found after reconciling with a few people who caused me much grief when i was younger and at various parts of my life, most bullies act out because something isn't right at home for them, it's how they deal with mom/dad fighting/beating eachother,dad getting drunk ect. (though there are just cases of course of people being asshats too)
 Cerberus.Ermachko
By Cerberus.Ermachko 2015-10-07 20:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It does boil down to bad parenting and it is the parent fault for lack of discipline, and also not, since if you discipline your child properly you go to jail nowa days. kids need to be spanked. kids need to be berated when they do something unbecoming. But they aren't people are to afraid. Kids need to fight in the school yard and get in trouble, it's part of what used to be being raised as a productive member of society. now we raise them as sheltered individuals. They need to play outside and get dirty and get hurt break bones in fights and while playing get bruised, scrapped up.
gather dog crap and set it on fire on your "Enemies" porch. Kids need to be let to be kids. But they aren't they are treated as mini adults.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-10-07 21:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have to physically discipline your child then you are not doing a good job.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-10-07 22:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Suing the school? really? School is just the place where the bullying took place. Does that mean if the bullying took place in a park that they should be able to sue the city? If it is on a road, does that mean they can sue the county? Teachers and administrators are there for instilling knowledge, not raising kids. That is the parents' job. Those who are at fault here are the parent's of the kid who committed suicide and the parent's of the bullies. The school cannot be held culpable for a kid choosing to take his own life.

Post deleted by User.