By Kalila 2015-06-24 22:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels so nice <3 <3 <3 Flying!

[+]
By missdivine 2015-06-25 00:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Fenrir.Camiie said: »
I'm not judging either game as good or bad here. I'm just saying that they follow the same standard formula. Are there differences? Sure, but they aren't exactly stark. Sorry if I made it seem like I was bashing the game. Yeah I did basically call it unoriginal, and I am sorry if that was offensive, but do you honestly think XIV is a groundbreaking title?

I don't get why 'WoW-clone' is an insult, anyway. It's the most commercially successful MMO of all time for a reason. And FFXIV is, in my experience anyway, the best possible version of that model. It has flaws like all games do, but Yoshi-P flat out said, in the development/alpha/beta phases, that they were looking to construct a more 'traditional' MMO experience. They don't think it's an insult, why should we?
It's not that. The game is completely different from WoW (yes it does have some similar elements from other games. But it's not a copycat/clone like cammie states. He clearly did not even tried ffxiv to begin with. Just like most ffxi hardcore players that lives in denial and can't afford a new pc or a ps4 for ffxiv.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-06-25 01:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone direct me in the proper direction to learn more about these "temple leves" that exist within the patch notes for 3.0?

Nearly level 57 now, and I don't recall ever seeing anything like a leve NPC so far in Heavensward, and wiki states plain levequests cap at 45, so I figure someone here may be able to shed some light on this well hidden feature.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-25 01:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Levequests for Heavensward are all given out in the Foundation. There is a quest to unlock them that literally is just, "Hey you can do Temple Levequests out here. Talk to the guy behind me for more to unlock them. Guy also gives out normal Levequests, gatherer ones can go above 50 so I'm guessing combat and crafting ones can too.

EDIT: Just checked, only 2 of each (as in 2 Temple and 2 Normal at the same time) will be active at a time but there are 3 different Normal Leves and Temple Leves every 2 levels.
[+]
By aisukage 2015-06-27 00:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
I have seen a Draylo Azure in my server. is that you?
Are you on Hyperion i'm pretty sure i have seen that person too
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-27 00:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So like, I'm officially in this game. I just completed the MSQ for 2.55 today, holy *** that was epic.

last night i managed to sacrifice sleeping and got so much done lol. GOLD SAUCER IS SO AWESOME OMGGGG

I think I'm addicted to Triple Triad :x

I love this game X_X even with all of it's little flaws(most of my previous quips with the game have already been fixed lol), best MMO out there atm hands down lol.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-27 00:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
So like, I'm officially in this game. I just completed the MSQ for 2.55 today, holy *** that was epic.

last night i managed to sacrifice sleeping and got so much done lol. GOLD SAUCER IS SO AWESOME OMGGGG

I love this game X_X even with all of it's little flaws(most of my previous quips with the game have already been fixed lol), best MMO out there atm hands down lol.

Should jump over to us :0

Usually around 30 people on around your time
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2015-06-27 01:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It gets better. Heavenswards Storyline is epic and pretty emotional to. It table flips ARR story.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-27 06:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm seriously just debating on sucking it up and playing on my legacy char that's already on that server, instead of paying the money and having to wait for the transfer period :s
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-27 08:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm seriously just debating on sucking it up and playing on my legacy char that's already on that server, instead of paying the money and having to wait for the transfer period :s

You have to wait to transfer? Since when?
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-06-27 09:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

missdivine said: »
I'm not judging either game as good or bad here. I'm just saying that they follow the same standard formula. Are there differences? Sure, but they aren't exactly stark. Sorry if I made it seem like I was bashing the game. Yeah I did basically call it unoriginal, and I am sorry if that was offensive, but do you honestly think XIV is a groundbreaking title?

I don't get why 'WoW-clone' is an insult, anyway. It's the most commercially successful MMO of all time for a reason. And FFXIV is, in my experience anyway, the best possible version of that model. It has flaws like all games do, but Yoshi-P flat out said, in the development/alpha/beta phases, that they were looking to construct a more 'traditional' MMO experience. They don't think it's an insult, why should we?
It's not that. The game is completely different from WoW (yes it does have some similar elements from other games. But it's not a copycat/clone like cammie states. He clearly did not even tried ffxiv to begin with. Just like most ffxi hardcore players that lives in denial and can't afford a new pc or a ps4 for ffxiv.

I have tried it actually, but if I did play again it would more than likely be from scratch which is why I asked about the current state of things. Nice try though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-06-27 09:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I have tried it actually, but if I did play again it would more than likely be from scratch which is why I asked about the current state of things. Nice try though.
Which version, 1.0 or 2.0+?
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-06-27 11:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
On the dropping of PS3 support bit, Yoshi said Heavensward was gonna work for them, but future support would likely end after it, as in the next expansion isn't guaranteed. This was in several live letters and interviews if I'm not mistaken, but it has been said several times now to get the point across to the more stubborn people to jump to PC or PS4. They even extended the PS3 > PS4 transfer campaign to get the point across.

Anyroad, I just learnt tonight that you actually get new job quests every two levels post 50, as opposed to the usual 5, so I hope nobody else makes the same mistake as me. I kinda figured when people said "56 and 58", that these new things would just be class abilities auto unlocked, and nope, not the case at all.
I can see them doing another campaign , if not a discount on a digital ps4 version before the end of 3.x .
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-06-27 12:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Which version, 1.0 or 2.0+?

Both to a limited extent when they were first released.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-27 14:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

was going off this lol

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/help/option_service/world_transfer_service/
 Asura.Blittzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blittzjr 2015-06-28 10:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not too much of an issue but I wish they let you progress through the early main story as the new jobs....I waited for heavenward then heard you cant get it until you complete MSQ....that was the whole reason I wanted DRK -.-
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-28 11:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It was said in the very beginning though
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-06-28 12:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Seen so many people complaining about having to finish 2.0 story it's not like you haven't had oh Idk 4 or 5 months to get it done since we first heard you needed it. Also Ishgard shut itself off from the rest of Eorzea and only opened the gate to THE PLAYER ONLY because of things you did in the end of 2.0.
[+]
 Asura.Blittzjr
By Asura.Blittzjr 2015-06-28 18:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

While it may have been said doesnt dismay the fact it can be an inconvienence for even people who would first buy this game and want to come in playing dark.
 Asura.Blittzjr
By Asura.Blittzjr 2015-06-28 18:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I see comprehending what I said seems to be a problem. The issue isnt that I have so and so amount of time to do whatever. I said my quarrel is that you cannor progress through hours of the main game as the new jobs. Maybe I should put it into...."simpler" terms.
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2015-07-04 23:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander Trailer from the Japan expo.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Ragnarok.Titox
Server: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2015-07-06 11:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Novadragon said: »
Alexander Trailer from the Japan expo.

Bismarck.Alyora
VIP
user: alyria
By Bismarck.Alyora 2015-07-06 12:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Feels so nice <3 <3 <3 Flying!

Lucky! I just did coerthas western. So many to get.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-06 12:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Re: Heavensward Story
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-06 12:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-07-06 13:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Blittzjr said: »
I see comprehending what I said seems to be a problem. The issue isnt that I have so and so amount of time to do whatever. I said my quarrel is that you cannor progress through hours of the main game as the new jobs. Maybe I should put it into...."simpler" terms.

Starts FFXI: needs x done to start new job:

Same in both, although 14's more punishing

14 also requires you to level other ***anyways for cross class skills...............
[+]
By Draylo 2015-07-06 13:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering you can get to level 30 in like an hour or less, I don't see the comparison. Remember you don't always have to compare XI to XIV lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-07-06 13:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
14 also requires you to level other ***anyways for cross class skills...............

Like subjobs in 11 lol
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-07-06 13:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12