Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2015-06-20 09:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
i190 Axe

Not sure how far off these weapons are from being obtained, but they already exist.
Ravana ex most likely.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-20 10:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
i190 Axe

Not sure how far off these weapons are from being obtained, but they already exist.
Ravana ex most likely.

That's what I've heard as well.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2015-06-20 10:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i190 Axe

Ravana ex most likely.

That's what I've heard as well.
There is also Bismark theamed weapons as well, though I think they are a lower Ilv.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-20 10:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a 170/180 set of weapons as well. I'm assuming bismark drops the 170 and probably an upgrade item.
By volkom 2015-06-20 11:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

getting error 5006 ; ;
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-20 11:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
getting error 5006 ; ;

Make sure you're connecting to the right data center. Mine got reset after logging out last night.
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2015-06-20 11:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Are old dungeons uncapped now? I see people talking about soloing dungeons on OFs with ilv 115-130 jobs.

Yeah, you can uncap dungeons but you won't get any mats nor any exp.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-06-20 12:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i just wanna say it took me all day to unlock flying is Western Coerthas but my god was it worth it, never wanna run again, not to mention flight speed is way faster.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-06-20 12:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i190 Axe

Ravana ex most likely.
maby from Ravana? Hive makes me think so since the lil bee beastmen in the Forest live in a hive
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-20 12:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Megumi Takayama said: »
aisukage said: »
Yeah but still, having to go through all of it if you're a new player that got attracted by a new expansion, you have to play everything else before you can get to what you want to play.

It's not asking you to do something no one else has done. We have all done the main story and you don't buy a game just to skip to the end. In any games you play you have to progress to access areas and do endgame content even XI had Sea/Sky you had to progress through part of the story to access. New players should not be buying this game expecting to skip to the end they have a lot to accomplish including the main story/level their first job to 50(which is now 60). If you only want to buy the expansions for the hype of them then i recommend from now on you keep up to date on all the missions they keep releasing.

That's not the point of my complaint. If every upcoming expansion is gated behind the previous expansions, not only are new players going to get discouraged from playing due to the time sink, they also have to consider financial issues. "Oh you wanna play the Doman expansion? SORRY YOU GOTTA BUY AND PLAY THROUGH THE ISHGARDIAN AND THE THAVNARIAN AND THE GARLEAN EXPANSIONS!!"

FFXI did not have this horrible gating, my point being toau, soa, wotg, and cop did not require massive completion of the story, that way people could access what they wanted to play and not feel discouraged about taking forever to get to the content they WANT to play.

I'm thinking they won't do it for the next one

It made sense to do it for this one because Ishgard doesn't let just anyone in but the next one might be set in a place unrelated to the current main storyline and characters.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-06-20 13:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

it was a nice way to cut off RMT, and on that note, I have noticed no rmt tells nor spam in towns
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-20 13:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
it was a nice way to cut off RMT, and on that note, I have noticed no rmt tells nor spam in towns
I just realized that....
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-06-20 13:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I really hope you are right. Doing the story is not a problem, the problem lies in how intimidating it looks to a new player.

See that's how I feel and I think, for me, it's because of my past/current MMO experiences. Unlike someone new to MMOs I can't just jump into a new game with wide-eyed, blissfully ignorant excitement anymore. Instead, I enter with trepidation about dealing with the types of people you generally run into in MMOs and being overwhelmed when I look ahead at the endgame and the path to get there.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-20 21:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So, sometime between the last cutscene I watched (a few weeks ago) and now, all cutscenes have the voice volume so low that I can only make out the faintest sound of a voice. /emote voices from my character work as intended and all volumes in the sound settings are at max. I get the feeling that installing Heavensward was the cause of this. Any tech savvy people have a clue what could be causing my problem?

Edit: It almost sounds like the voices are mute, but the echoes are what I'm hearing. So weird.
By aisukage 2015-06-20 22:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

aisukage said: »
Yeah but still, having to go through all of it if you're a new player that got attracted by a new expansion, you have to play everything else before you can get to what you want to play.

It's not asking you to do something no one else has done. We have all done the main story and you don't buy a game just to skip to the end. In any games you play you have to progress to access areas and do endgame content even XI had Sea/Sky you had to progress through part of the story to access. New players should not be buying this game expecting to skip to the end they have a lot to accomplish including the main story/level their first job to 50(which is now 60). If you only want to buy the expansions for the hype of them then i recommend from now on you keep up to date on all the missions they keep releasing.

That's not the point of my complaint. If every upcoming expansion is gated behind the previous expansions, not only are new players going to get discouraged from playing due to the time sink, they also have to consider financial issues. "Oh you wanna play the Doman expansion? SORRY YOU GOTTA BUY AND PLAY THROUGH THE ISHGARDIAN AND THE THAVNARIAN AND THE GARLEAN EXPANSIONS!!"

FFXI did not have this horrible gating, my point being toau, soa, wotg, and cop did not require massive completion of the story, that way people could access what they wanted to play and not feel discouraged about taking forever to get to the content they WANT to play.

New players start at level 1 just like all new players do and to do any expansion they would have to level their first job that they can do with the main story like a lot of new players did previously. Once you get to the expansion part you do the same thing just like everyone is doing right now level with the main tory. My point is you don't buy a brand new game just to skip everything about the game. It doesn't change anything for new players. Your complain just sounds like you couldn't be bothered finishing the story (maybe you got bored of the game) and now that the Hype is there and you want to join in but are stuck doing something everyone had to do and now you're complaining about it because you can't play with them. Everyone has to do it so its not unfair in any form.

New players have to go through the story mission/level just like in any other game i honestly don't see the problem. Even new players that join to p[lay friends they can't really do anything until they level just like any other game.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-20 22:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you start from scratch, you will hit 50 before the end of the 2.0 story, you have to. So you have another 30+ MSQ's before you can start HW. Granted, they're tied into the same storyline, Ishgard wouldn't let you in unless you completed the 2.55 story. So, new players are forced to complete more than just leveling up to 50 to start HW.

I still don't see the problem, though. There are important game mechanics that are learned in those missions and it's a story driven MMO.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-20 23:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels like I'm the only one who enjoys doing the story <.< I don't get people who skip past it all just because they wanna get to 50 (60)
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-20 23:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Feels like I'm the only one who enjoys doing the story <.< I don't get people who skip past it all just because they wanna get to 50 (60)
It seems slow to start but it took off for me after a bit.
By aisukage 2015-06-20 23:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If you start from scratch, you will hit 50 before the end of the 2.0 story, you have to. So you have another 30+ MSQ's before you can start HW. Granted, they're tied into the same storyline, Ishgard wouldn't let you in unless you completed the 2.55 story. So, new players are forced to complete more than just leveling up to 50 to start HW.

I still don't see the problem, though. There are important game mechanics that are learned in those missions and it's a story driven MMO.

Yeah i completely agree with you there. It also has an amazing story just the end of the MSQ before Heavenward was amazing in my opinion. I was legacy so when 2.0 got released i had to do all the missions even though i had a lv 50 already i enjoyed doing those missions because of the story.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-06-21 00:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
I really hope you are right. Doing the story is not a problem, the problem lies in how intimidating it looks to a new player.

See that's how I feel and I think, for me, it's because of my past/current MMO experiences. Unlike someone new to MMOs I can't just jump into a new game with wide-eyed, blissfully ignorant excitement anymore. Instead, I enter with trepidation about dealing with the types of people you generally run into in MMOs and being overwhelmed when I look ahead at the endgame and the path to get there.

Right, and if Yoshida wants to keep people interested and not shaft new players, he'll make future expansions side stories independent of the main story.
Must be why the game is full of new/returning players right now despite neither category having access to Heavensward's content.

It's not that intimidating once you get into it, really. I came back and have been grinding NIN, so it's pretty comparable to what a new player would be doing. If I had to remove the dungeon time, the armoury bonus and put it toward the MSQs new players do, a new player would be lv 30 right now playing 6h per day since Friday. If said new player has less time, he's still well into it.

It's like a relic or a mythic on FFXI, if all you do is look at the requirements and stay here, mouth open, impressed by the numbers, you won't get anything done.

Go out, do it, it's much quicker than you expect. And if you are one of the people who have a lot of time on their hands, you'll clear it even faster.

I literally put aside MSQ and Heavensward just to level NIN because of how fast it is right now to spam dungeons. Any new player doing the same thing would go through MSQs really, really fast.

If you're on a popular server (meaning that night time pretty much doesn't exist), right now is a very good moment to catch up. I don't remember the game being anywhere close to this efficiency since ARR came out.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2015-06-21 00:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The 2.1-2.55 missions also serve to gear you for heavensward entry now... I don't really see how people starting into heavensward would work out unless SE were to just hand then a lv50 and 2 lv 30 jobs (for sub skills, they really aren't optional) and a set of I115 gear.

On top of that they've stepped up dungeon mechanics a bit in 3.0, they are still pretty forgivable, and oopsie isn't going to wipe the group like it's coil when it was current content, but if you are completely terrible you will still blow up the party in some fights unlike 2.0 where it was only really a problem if 3/4 were terrible. And the exp grind is on again... if the idea of having to run through the main story, or the fear of doing content they are inexperienced in would be enough to drive anyone away then skipping straight to heavensward really wouldn't do them any favors.

Also lets not pretend FFXIs expansions let people walk in and actually do stuff pre level cap aside from chains of promathia. You could go to the zones, unlock the jobs and that was it, no story missions past initial CSs, no besieged/campaign/abyssea (leeching doesn't count), minimal fighting open world mobs. Additionally XI was horizontal (for lack of a better word) progression, there was gear to get from every system, sky, sea, limbus, nyzul, salvage all stayed relevant for anyone aiming to get the absolute best. XIV is vertical progression which is a completely different beast. As new content is released old is scaled down from being nerfed or just straight up people getting better gear and they add alternate reasons to do the content in the form of roulette, making the gear look unique for glamors and in the case of first coil crafting mats. There is really no place to compare the two games side by side, it's apples and oranges.
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2015-06-21 05:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Crazy EXP :|
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-06-21 07:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm enjoying the story so far.

I'm still stuck at the 49 cap, that's why I'm trying to grind it out -.-
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-06-21 09:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
The hardest thing is finding a free company that suits you and is actually helpful and informative.

So not a very n00b friendly community then? From my experience in WoW, which FFXIV draws a lot from, you generally either run around alone or do dungeons with random people who ignore you or treat you like ***. Is that how XIV is?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-21 09:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
Voren said: »
The hardest thing is finding a free company that suits you and is actually helpful and informative.

So not a very n00b friendly community then? From my experience in WoW, which FFXIV draws a lot from, you generally either run around alone or do dungeons with random people who ignore you or treat you like ***. Is that how XIV is?

If you don't seek out people, they won't seek you out. So, it can be like that. But, overall, people seem pretty nice. I've had one jerk in 2 months, which is still less than my experience in FFXI.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-21 10:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> Feel this might be directed at me lol. For the record I read everything!
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-06-21 11:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the base term for the weapon Astrologers use?

Cuz I keep accidentally calling it Astroglide and Astrolube.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12