Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 159 160 161
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-05-08 13:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in need of greater holy orbs, buy that event is Dunn Grindy. Do I gave up after getting my first greater orb. Better off leveling my party in the daily dungeon
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-05-08 13:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow that is the worst typing on a phone I have ever done...
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-05-08 15:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

runeghost said: »
So...tired... must...keep grinding Magitek Research Facility.
Past 100,000, but still haven't reached 150,000 much less 200,000.
I am starting to get up at 2am and 5am to go thru the stamina.

Do I have a problem? *grin*

How are other people doing on this event?

Im really benefiting from that event. Mainly for exping. Ive been 2 maning flans, and got Rydia 50, all ffvi chars over 40 and im expecting to end with all ffvi at 50 plus few core like summoner and bard.

Aside exp, im doing memory grind to get the second hero ring. Im not sure if i will have enough time for the major orb, as i set my duty to earn at between 10k-20k per day, and the rest just exp.

For memory farming, a good advice to optimize stamina is to just do event with the highest rate. It just happen when you fight at the very first time no. 024 (and the other no. But i never saw him even once). It will net 4k memory in the end. If i dont get no.024, i just keep retreating. No. 024 isnt that much common though, possible average 10-15 min retrating till you find him. But at least, its an optimal way to have the most memory/stamina ratio.

Personally, i just keep burning all my stamina with exp. when its the last 4, i keep retreating till i can find no.024, then i just go do anything else till my stamina is full, and repeat.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-05-08 16:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
For memory farming, a good advice to optimize stamina is to just do event with the highest rate. It just happen when you fight at the very first time no. 024 (and the other no. But i never saw him even once). It will net 4k memory in the end. If i dont get no.024, i just keep retreating. No. 024 isnt that much common though, possible average 10-15 min retrating till you find him. But at least, its an optimal way to have the most memory/stamina ratio.

I'm not certain if you're spamming easy or normal, but I see both No. bosses at least once per run of hard, if not twice at times. It's rare, but getting No. 128 boss twice is a nice way to get 5k+ memories in one run.

Edit: BTW, dunno if anyone else has noticed, but be sure to do your daily draw before the event begins. Each time an event starts, it's reset my daily draw for me. Not that it's overly likely to give anything worth a damn, but sure doesn't hurt either.
By Pantafernando 2015-05-08 17:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »

I'm not certain if you're spamming easy or normal, but I see both No. bosses at least once per run of hard, if not twice at times. It's rare, but getting No. 128 boss twice is a nice way to get 5k+ memories in one run.

Edit: BTW, dunno if anyone else has noticed, but be sure to do your daily draw before the event begins. Each time an event starts, it's reset my daily draw for me. Not that it's overly likely to give anything worth a damn, but sure doesn't hurt either.

I meant, if the first fight is against no024, it will net 4k memories. Once the first fight is defined, all the others arent random, but pre determined. For example: if the first fight is against ifrit, the most you should net in the end is around 2k.
 Bahamut.Phidruran
Server: Bahamut
user: phidruran
By Bahamut.Phidruran 2015-05-08 17:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

All fights except one of the others towards the end is predetermined. If you fight against no024 on the first fight, then you have a chance to either fight no024 again or that blue guy. If you fight the blue guy twice, you'll get 5k memories but if you fight no024 twice, you get 4k.
By Pantafernando 2015-05-08 18:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Rinoa event, seems like a good challenge. Bosses in elite mode with hp over 100k.
By Pantafernando 2015-05-08 20:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Rinoa event is up.

Her relic has improved drop rate.

Heroic mode dungeon for daily dungeons! Thats, extra 7 mythrils for completion.
By Draylo 2015-05-08 20:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

yay
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-05-08 22:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ffviii music got me really nostalgic. Kind of want to replay it now, or hope for a remake
 Asura.Tonn
Server: Asura
user: Tonn
By Asura.Tonn 2015-05-09 02:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been playing for about a week now and been having lots of fun with it. I have been extremely lucky with single mithril draws. 5* for days
By Pantafernando 2015-05-09 03:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the lv content from Rinoa event. Enjoy the hardest current content, possible impossible to win atm (seems like this dungeon was designed for lv65 chars in jp).

Quote:
Dungeon List for To Slay a Sorceress (id=108002)
Name Difficulty Type
--------------------------------- ------------ ------
Caraway Mansion 4 NORMAL
Deling City Sewers - Entrance 6 NORMAL
Deling City Sewers - Junction 8 NORMAL
Sorceress's Chamber 11 NORMAL
Clocktower 14 NORMAL
Deling City Sewer - Near the Exit 17 NORMAL
Deling City Sewer - Exit 19 NORMAL
Gateway 21 NORMAL
Presidential Residence 23 NORMAL
Parade Float 26 NORMAL
Caraway Mansion 25 ELITE
Deling City Sewers - Entrance 33 ELITE
Deling City Sewers - Junction 42 ELITE
Sorceress's Chamber 50 ELITE
Clocktower 60 ELITE
Deling City Sewer - Near the Exit 70 ELITE
Deling City Sewer - Exit 80 ELITE
Gateway 90 ELITE
Presidential Residence 95 ELITE
Parade Float 99 ELITE
By Pantafernando 2015-05-09 05:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet image i found in the official guide:

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-09 11:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been unlucky in my relic draws as of late.

I got 8 Regal Gowns now, got 3 of them at 20+, 2 of which are 6*, and 1 of the 6* is ready to be 7*. Costs 500k gil to upgrade it though.

Only have 3 5* weapons, Terra/Kain/Riona... No other 5+* armor except Regal Gowns. I'm tired of those gowns!
By Pantafernando 2015-05-09 11:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I have been unlucky in my relic draws as of late.

I got 8 Regal Gowns now, got 3 of them at 20+, 2 of which are 6*, and 1 of the 6* is ready to be 7*. Costs 500k gil to upgrade it though.

Only have 3 5* weapons, Terra/Kain/Riona... No other 5+* armor except Regal Gowns. I'm tired of those gowns!

Probably because of Terra banner, that increased Regal Gown drop.

My luck is similar, 3 regals and 4 danjuros. I cant complain with danjuros, though, but i wanted Buster Blade. Original Cloud soul break is ***.

Lancet, from Kain, its beastly, a shame Kain does not hit as much as the others.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-09 11:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My team now is Kain/Cloud/Terra/Celes/Riona.

All of which are level ~33 except for Riona, who's level ~15. I'm spaming the hell out of the gil daily today so I can get my 500k gil to 7* my Regal.

On that note: Even though Riona has the weakest attack, is her relic a ranged (it's coded as a chakram, but that doesn't mean anything)?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-09 12:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Only have 3 5* weapons, Terra/Kain/Riona
My team now is Kain/Cloud/Terra/Celes/Riona
All of which are level ~33 except for Riona
Even though Riona has the weakest attack
Dude..it's not even a hard name!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-09 12:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This time, I can blame auto-correct!

Riona
By Pantafernando 2015-05-09 13:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My team now is Kain/Cloud/Terra/Celes/Riona.

All of which are level ~33 except for Riona, who's level ~15. I'm spaming the hell out of the gil daily today so I can get my 500k gil to 7* my Regal.

On that note: Even though Riona has the weakest attack, is her relic a ranged (it's coded as a chakram, but that doesn't mean anything)?

Rinoas relic is "throw", so ranged.

Honestly i would nvm for this week the gil (and upgrading regal) and focus in celes event for exp. Flan exping is the best this game can offer. 2 manning, you can get lv50 in 2 days, or even 1 day if you can solo with realm synergy (i worked Cyan this way: 2 man till he can get like lv20-30, then retaliate to solo flans, neting 21k+ exp per 4 staminas). 2-maning Terra and Celes is good also, and finally any summoner with dragon, can power level anyone quickly.
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-05-09 14:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

did my first 11 relic draw!!! got zero 5* weapons ;; got regal and genji shield, so cant complain better then nothing, and another falchion to make mine a 5*
By Pantafernando 2015-05-09 15:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
did my first 11 relic draw!!! got zero 5* weapons ;; got regal and genji shield, so cant complain better then nothing, and another falchion to make mine a 5*

Though that should go without saying, but any 4* weapon you should keep to try to combine later. There arent 5* for every realm, and a 4*+ with realm synergy will surpass with good margin a native 5* (possibly 5*+ and 5*++) without it.

Ideally, you want a weapon 4*+ or 4*++ with synergy for every realm.

5* are shiny, but if you think about, its reign is limited to its own world.

1-3* i would just sell tbf. The gap is too much. Just worth if nothing else is available.

Just for the record, here is a table of realm synergy bonuses:

Level 1-4 +15
Level 5-9 +20
Level 10-14 +30
Level 15-19 +40
Level 20-24 +50
Level 25-29 +60
Level 30 +70
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-09 17:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly i would nvm for this week the gil (and upgrading regal) and focus in celes event for exp. Flan exping is the best this game can offer. 2 manning, you can get lv50 in 2 days, or even 1 day if you can solo with realm synergy (i worked Cyan this way: 2 man till he can get like lv20-30, then retaliate to solo flans, neting 21k+ exp per 4 staminas). 2-maning Terra and Celes is good also, and finally any summoner with dragon, can power level anyone quickly.
Meh, exp is easy to get regardless of anything. If I buff all of my characters to level 50, it would be pointless to continue until the cap is at 65.
By Pantafernando 2015-05-09 18:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there is no way to beat, for example, rinoa elite event without a full party of lv50, well geared and with good (hopefully honed) abilities. Plus others challenges like elite Vargas or Forza & Magissa, even the heroic daily dungeons stages.

Game is good due to challenges that appear here and there plus extensive grinds (lvling, grabbing orbs, honing, etc). Possibly challenges will come back at some point but normally it will take long time.

Its hard to clear rinoa event on elite as the last fight is lv99 content, designed to chars lv65 and with others jp tools, ffviii gear, etc. But up to elite dino stage (lv80) its possible to win without spending resources, and it should be the goal, to receive the accessory with mag+15. After that, the rewards are just a bunch of high lv orbs, possibly skippable in current content.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-05-10 18:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Who would be a good replacement for tyro as a back line support healer/weakness proc'er. I use a 4* bow on tyro currently, but his attack is pretty lacking still. It would be nice if somebody could fill his role but with better attack.
By Pantafernando 2015-05-10 18:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Terra, Rinoa and Rydia can equip both white and black magic (varying ranking though). But cure are affected by mnd and nukes by magic so you cant perform both well.

Personally, im working in tyro, still. I got wakkas office ball, and my plan is to put Tyro backline and use spellblade with ranged. Blzzara and Fira strike multipliers plus weakness bonus should make up for the lack of attack.
By Pantafernando 2015-05-12 03:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

15 hours till flanstival is over.

I have mixed feelings about that.
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-05-12 14:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

just got celes this morning finally @.@ i dont have enough play time lol. 1 more round of the normal setting of to slay a sorceress or w/e its called i blew through that atleast
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-05-12 14:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy w/ the event.

and I've only been playing like 2 weeks. Don't care about knight or rdm (no/shitty record materia). Everyone at 40+ makes them viable to where I can get them to 50 naturally while playing w/o them hindering my group
By Draylo 2015-05-12 14:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't stomache all that grinding, just went casually and did the elite dungeons from other areas.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-12 14:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hella grinding you did there Tiger. lol
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 159 160 161