[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2015-05-12 15:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tonn said: »
Ive been playing for about a week now and been having lots of fun with it. I have been extremely lucky with single mithril draws. 5* for days

Such HATE!
I got super lucky the first 10 common and rare relic pulls - Zantetsuken, Genji Armor, Regal Gown x2 and a couple of nice 4* but since then it has been jack ***on every pull.
I keep up the hope that I'll see a blood lance.
Screw paying for gems though, that ***can diaf.
By runeghost 2015-05-13 17:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone else having -massive- problems after the android update yesterday?
Even when I get record keeper to work, the menus suddenly shrink to extra tiny and unreadable then back to normal.
 Cerberus.Thunderfang
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Thunderfang 2015-05-13 17:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like the System WebView issue, you can uninstall the update (don't need it) then everything should work fine.
By Pantafernando 2015-05-14 17:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

New dungeons today!
 Bahamut.Phidruran
Server: Bahamut
user: phidruran
By Bahamut.Phidruran 2015-05-14 19:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be nice but find it odd they haven't given a specific date.
By Pantafernando 2015-05-16 08:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont forget to at least log in everyday in ffrk for free mythril.

[+]
By Mysticales 2015-05-17 11:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Happiness is using just 5 Mythril and getting Tyros white healing 5 star weapon. Since most of us just use him as a backrow ranged healing support anyways...

Speaking of that.. is his "book" considered ranged/magic still? Usually I gave him a true ranged item (or wakkas ball)
By Pantafernando 2015-05-17 13:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a tip, if you have mythril, or is willing to spend bucks to get relics, bet all you have for Sentinel's Grimoire (the offensive one).

Acording to what people have been saying, its the BEST relic to have, makes Tyro a must have in any party, and its the key to beat the hardcore hard elite events.

That grimoire allow Tyros Soul Break that just requires 1 charge to use, and gives to all members in party -60% DT. Add that massive -DT with weapon and magic break, and you can survive intense fights and even allow to earn few points to mastery.
By fillerbunny9 2015-05-18 12:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a way in the JP version to combine 5 Star items? I ended up with Tyro's Healing grimoire on two separate Mythril pulls, and want to know if I should bother keeping the second for implementation in the US, or just feed it to the first for some XP.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-18 12:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know about the JP version, but you can combine 5 star items.

I have one 7* dagger and 4 6* armor that can be 7*, as soon as I have the gil to do it.

Could get another armor 7* if I had an extra Royal Gown or whatever it is. Got really lucky on those....
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-05-19 02:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
is there a way in the JP version to combine 5 Star items? I ended up with Tyro's Healing grimoire on two separate Mythril pulls, and want to know if I should bother keeping the second for implementation in the US, or just feed it to the first for some XP.

yes -- you can combine 5 star items in the JP version
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-05-19 02:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

got mega lucky this week -- out of 5 pulls, I got 1 Buster Sword, 1 of Cyan's relics, and 1 of Celes's relics
By Pantafernando 2015-05-19 04:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

More impressive than pulling consecultives 5* it is pulling relic outside banner bonus. Acording to reddit, its like 0.001% chance, aparently rarer than pulling 5* out of a common pull. I could congratulate you but i think you missed your oportunity to win a lotery by burning your lifes luck...

I burned my mythrils in 11 pulls, and i used cash to more 4 11 pulls to get tyros sentinel grimmoire, i thought i really needed it to beat rinoas event before it ends. I got my grimmoire yesterday, ive been working in honing my double cuts, few breaks, and soon gonna try it with retaliate + sentinel grimmoire + magic break + vit0 combo. Got several 3* and 4* gear but ive become more optimistic with those. Now i just combine them to have realm synergy for every realm. At least i dont feel frustrated anymore when not a single 5* drop from pulls, just when too many 3* staves drops though...
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-05-19 09:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

just did my second 50 mithril draw and only got regal gown, what a waste ><
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-19 09:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
just did my second 50 mithril draw and only got regal gown, what a waste ><
Only 1 Regal Gown? Lucky.

Try doing draws and getting nothing but Regal Gowns.

Got armor coming out of the woodwork, but hardly any weapons except for Judgement Staves and Golden Spears...
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-05-19 12:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's good to see Nix and Stiria again (Shiva Sisters from Fabula Nova Crystallis).

[+]
By runeghost 2015-05-19 16:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
got mega lucky this week -- out of 5 pulls, I got 1 Buster Sword, 1 of Cyan's relics, and 1 of Celes's relics
Congratulations! No hard feelings from here, we all suffer to the random number generator, so congrats on coming out on top =)
[+]
By Mysticales 2015-05-19 16:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Man my last 11 draws sucked.... some 3 star, and just some 4 star weapons... while cool.. I can combine them blah blah. Wouldve been nice to get Tyros offensive book or Cyans Sword... Granted Tyros healing book isnt bad tho. Its like WHMs 2hr.

Was happy awhile back getting Celes sword tho... I keep her in my party now. Final bosses, just runic sword and it stays the battle. I am not afraid of spells anymore!
By Pantafernando 2015-05-20 03:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lennas event soon!

It will be similar to Aeris one: a collector event. You grab stuffs and exchange for prizes, so its not expected challenhes, instead grinds

Lennes event reward (item -> token -> times you can exchange):

Lenna 1500 Once
Orb : Ice-Fire-Dark-Holy-Wind-Non-Elemental-Earth-Lightning 2000 10 times
Orb (Greater): Ice-Fire-Dark-Holy-Wind-Non-Elemental-Earth-Lightning 6000 10 times
Orb (Major) : White-Ice-Holy 40000 Once
Minor Summon Orb 50 10 times
Lessor Summon Orb 500 6 times
Mythril × 1 50-100-200-300 Once each
The force of the cane (☆ 2) 30 3 times
Earth of clothing (☆ 2) × 1 30 3 times
Diamond Mace (☆ 3) × 1 400 Twice
Light robe (☆ 3) × 1 400 Twice
Power wrist × 1 200 Twice
Ginbuchi glasses (☆ 3) × 1 1000 Twice
Hyper list (☆ 3) × 1 6000 Once
Ring of peace (☆ 3) × 1 10000 Once
Jewel ring (☆ 3) × 1 10000 Once
Flame ring of (☆ 4) × 1

Highlights: Lenna, mythril, hyper wrists and orbs.

Summon orbs arent available for grind, so its wise to store them when you can. Also, it seems somewhere in the future events will give the summons leaving orbs just for honing. Regardless, summoner is a lackluster job atm, given how limited you can use summons due to lack of orbs.

4* orbs can be (painfully) farmed in heroic dailies and bosses from elite stages. Drop rate will make exchange a viable option. Greater earth is good for both quake, best spell, and protectga, as high lv mobs hits like a truck.

5* orbs just are mostly completion/mastery reward and not a whole lot abilities can be made, let alone honed.

3* orbs are relatively common in heroic and elite stages.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-05-21 15:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Another event down... And another 10 mythril wasted. I finally saw the rainbow orb after 3 weeks and got all psyched up.... BAM, have a 2nd judgment staff!
 Lakshmi.Leosin
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2015-05-21 15:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Another event down... And another 10 mythril wasted. I finally saw the rainbow orb after 3 weeks and got all psyched up.... BAM, have a 2nd judgment staff!

/comfort

Haven't seen the rainbow orb in forever and have totally lost faith in the common relic pulls.
Honestly I think they load you up with a good 10-20 chances on pulls and once you've used those they just shitcan the rate.
Still not buying gems. F-bomb that.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-21 16:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Got my first and only 3star daily pull today.
I'm hesitant to 11 pull until other characters come though Tyro's book of OP would be a good roll.

Ah well. Lenna's event is faceroll and I'm mainly down to needing to farm for orbs that won't drop because this ***is full of Tanaka.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-05-21 17:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

just did my first 11 pull with zero 5stars...

lilmad :|
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-05-21 17:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-05-22 02:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The JP version got FF5 Gilgamesh as a playable character today and i'm so happy
By Pantafernando 2015-05-22 04:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Last day for Rinoa event.

Time to get Rinoa if you didnt or Angel Wings(magic+15). Also last oportunity to try beating the current hardest event.

I did a run yesterday. Burned 4 mythrils to restore abilities before each boss. Got the win but not the mastery (39/43 medals needed) kinda frustrating. Still thinking if i should try it one more time, but the iguions are too much pita. Not just because the strength, but mainly because of the need of losing one ability slot for dia. 3 consecultives bosses sucks because i ran out ability slot because i must bring dia, bio and slow, that aside medals i wouldnt use them. Aside that they are 2 iguions, so vit0 will destroy my action taken medals. Best way to deal with iguions is 4x quake, but not enough time to farm greater earth orbs even less honing them.

EDIT:

Yay, sorcerer slayed!

(bragging post inside spoilers)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-05-22 07:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I managed to kill T-rekz a while back. Pretty much Dark buster S/L till it lands, and then toss as much blizzaga/blizzara/blizzara strikes as i could lol. I think i had to S/L 10-15x as something always seemed to go wrong.

I didn't get mastery on it, pretty much gave up on the rest of the elites after that.
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2015-05-24 17:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got Sentinel's Grimoire and my 3rd Danjuro from 11 Relic draw :)
By Jetackuu 2015-05-24 20:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had 2 x11 draws now (wasted a bunch of a few singles, and a few recoveries when I first started, before I realized about the draw, maybe 6 mythril on that).

It's going to be awhile before my next one as I have less than 5, and I've done up to Hard on the dailys, and have done almost all of the new classic dungeons (had done all of the old, was tearing through elites when the update came).

About where I'm at: about to get my first level 50, Terra/Cloud/Kain are 47, 49, 49 in no particular order.

edit: best I have is 2 Genji Armors, only one is equipped, debating on combining them, I have a few 4 star things like Masamune, oh I do have Zantetsuken, I have it on Terra so I have 3 characters that can 1 hit melee hard stuff, once I hit 50 and start leveling up some others and such I plan on spreading it out and try to focus more on realm synergy, and planning for boss battles, as there's some that you just can't get Champion on the stage without championing the boss, and have obscure weaknesses.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 159 160 161