FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 159 160 161
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-05-04 00:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I just looked at the game site and noticed the rank 5 items Is a pretty small List, what's up with no ranged items besides a ball for wakka =\ . I'm pretty dissapointed in that list. Maybe its just me and my love of ff12... But there's a lot or top tier weapons that should be 5* , Sagittarius bow, whale whisker pole... Ragnarok.. Shitty SE. Seems like load up on ff7 or gtfo.
By Pantafernando 2015-05-04 05:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Mysticales said: »
Anyone seen any type of luck using Gravity or Cripple on bosses? Seems kinda pointless to use as it never hits but once in a super blue moon?

Seems like the "rule" is: if the mob isnt immune to Death, he isnt immune to gravity. Known boss that isnt immune to gravity is Wing Raptor.

Draylo said: »
So they only go in with two people and get all the exp split between two instead of 5?

Its a very effective way to powerlevel a single char if you dont need to level the full party.

After i hit 50 with my main party, i started to focus in the others in pw in daily dungeons, as it isnt that hard and you can have 2 birds with one stone: drops and level. Yesterday i did exp dungeon with 2 chars, neting 15k each. They went from 32-> 42 in a single day.

In those daily dungeons, retaliate is the safest way to solo provide you can one shot mobs.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-05-04 05:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
I just looked at the game site and noticed the rank 5 items Is a pretty small List, what's up with no ranged items besides a ball for wakka =\ . I'm pretty dissapointed in that list. Maybe its just me and my love of ff12... But there's a lot or top tier weapons that should be 5* , Sagittarius bow, whale whisker pole... Ragnarok.. Shitty SE. Seems like load up on ff7 or gtfo.

I actually like that there are few 5*, to not tease us so much and to increase the chance of getting a particular 5* you want.

Seems like the idea is having every char with a relic, whats fine, but i dislike the introduction of random 5* that are just stat and nothing else, like Regal Gown, genji shield and Zantetsuken (danjuro could fit this list but as its "all jobs", its a great weapon) that are mediocre related to the others.
By Pantafernando 2015-05-04 05:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

A quick hint to powerleveling: normally we insist to bring a char too weak to fight hard/elite stages, and normally the weak char is the one mob is more likely to go after, and ends kiling him.

One "cheat" is, if your weak char dies, to crash app instantly and redo that part of fight. Seems like battles have "save points": when it changes from one round to another. If you crash the app, you can redo that specific round provided you didnt clear it. And RNG can decide to leave your weak char alone.

People also do that for debuffs. Like against Forza and Magissa, landing blind or sleep against Forza can be necessary depending of your setup/lv/gear. Given the limited uses of magic and its crap accuracy (like 10% to land in Forza) you can be in pretty bad sotuation if it doesnt land ne first try, so some can keep crashing app till they can land it in first try. It isnt necessary though, power break and Aeris Evil Seal can do the trick against both.
By fillerbunny9 2015-05-04 12:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

the latest event is stupid grind happy. there is no way I am going to get all the way to the 200k mark when the best run through on Hard I have had netted me a whole 3396 Prisms. I'd say get as much of it as you want, and then return to dailies.
[+]
 Shiva.Zykei
Server: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-05-04 13:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably just going to get the 100k and exp farm the rest of the time.

Apparently a Lv1 SMN with dragon and Light rod is enough to one shot flans so I'll probably do just that (close the app if they die of course).
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-05-04 16:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
the latest event is stupid grind happy. there is no way I am going to get all the way to the 200k mark when the best run through on Hard I have had netted me a whole 3396 Prisms. I'd say get as much of it as you want, and then return to dailies.

This pretty much. Aerith event was really grindy too, but at least you could spend your points how you wanted, as long as you were able to beat the boss known as scrolling.

FWIW, they added quite a few characters to the character profiles when the event launched. They added...

FFI: Warrior of Light
FFII: Gordon
FFIII: Luneth
FFV: Lenna
FFXIII: Snow
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-05-04 17:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Still no Fran =\
By runeghost 2015-05-04 18:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So, when a character hits 50, do people set them aside so that they do not absorb exp, or do they keep their strongest team going so that you can better beat elite fights?

I am still gradually working on prisms.. but I noticed that they also fairly regularly drop three star orbs, while hoping to get enough for the 4 star orbs from getting the prisms (so many to get @.@)
By fillerbunny9 2015-05-04 19:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

for event farming, I stick to an A team with currently 3 level 50s and play on the hardest difficulty. if you want to XP someone, it is best to reduce the party count by pairing them with a 50 or two who have Retaliation, and just let the third person get XP. this is especially handy on Sundays when the XP daily event is occurring.
By Pantafernando 2015-05-04 20:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

After my main party hit 50, ive been working in others chars. As my main is melee, now working with mages/ranged.

Also, it seems soon we will get EX events, something like elite event, not just "hard", and the game will be gradually becoming harder. I think currently we still have easy content, but when things start to get hard, the best approach is working with fully realm synergy, 5/5 chars from same realm with ideally their respective relics, so thats a reason to keep main team and all bench at top condition.
By Mysticales 2015-05-05 21:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone had the guts yet to combine 2x 5 star items yet? With how hard it is to get these lucky relic grabs.. not had the guts here to do so with the 2x weapon I have..
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-05-05 21:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone had the guts yet to combine 2x 5 star items yet? With how hard it is to get these lucky relic grabs.. not had the guts here to do so with the 2x weapon I have..

I always combine armor and weapons besides staves

though that's mostly just because I don't have enough powerful staves
[+]
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2015-05-05 22:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Gladius (IX)++ 6*, Thornlet (V)++ 6*, and Diamond Armor (VI)++ 6*, but they are all 4* base. I have a few 5* base that can combine (two Danjuro, three Genji, and two Regal) but won't until I have something to take their places. No sense in having two characters well geared and three meh, when five can be pretty decent.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-05-05 23:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't gotten any double 5* items, but I've combined two 4* items into 5* (a shield and body piece). Shield cost 50,000 and body piece cost 60,000
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-05-05 23:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

should I pay for FFxi.... or try for 3 relics...

Don't Judge me ; ;
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-05-05 23:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If you quit ffxi, then you have money fo relics! either way, you're sucked in!
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-05-06 02:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

im surpized X-2 and XI arent represented, more so on XI part there a quite a bit of storys and chars they could use.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-05-06 08:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

When you think about it, the possibilities for story inclusion in this game are endless. They could even venture into including some final . Fantasy tactics characters if they wanted. The model for the game is so elementary and they literally have thousands of hours worth of playable content they can add in a matter of months. I wouldn't be surprised to see other realms added that are not currently represented in the game.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-06 10:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering JP versions at least 6 months ahead and we've got nothing online FF related there I highly doubt we'll be seeing our favorite NPCs gearing up for battle.

Chains of Promathia and ARRs main scenario alone have enough content to fill a record room.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2015-05-07 21:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

New event starts tomorrow, looking like it's the Lenna event. I never played FFV, but I guess she'll be my first FFV char.
By fillerbunny9 2015-05-07 21:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds like Rinoa to me....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-07 21:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
sounds like Rinoa to me....
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2015-05-07 21:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly I didn't pay very much attention to FFVIII either. Lol I was following that layout from the previous page of jp releases. Thanks for the correction :)
By runeghost 2015-05-08 12:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So...tired... must...keep grinding Magitek Research Facility.
Past 100,000, but still haven't reached 150,000 much less 200,000.
I am starting to get up at 2am and 5am to go thru the stamina.

Do I have a problem? *grin*

How are other people doing on this event?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-08 12:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

runeghost said: »
Got my Growth Egg after Celes, figured that there is no point in getting the other items really.

So, stopped at 10k.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2015-05-08 12:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Got Celes then went exp grinding.
By runeghost 2015-05-08 12:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Considering JP versions at least 6 months ahead and we've got nothing online FF related there I highly doubt we'll be seeing our favorite NPCs gearing up for battle.

Chains of Promathia and ARRs main scenario alone have enough content to fill a record room.
All we -really- can say is that it is unlikely that they will appear in the next 6 months (assuming that it is more or less close to what Japan did 6 months ago).
As well, considering that they can maintain interest and keep collecting money, there is no reason for them to NOT keep going.

... on the other hand, I felt the same way about Angry Birds:Star Wars 2...
They did multiple "worlds" for Phantom Menace, multiple "worlds" for 'Clones'... and then did a single 'world for the second half of Clones and all of Revenge of the Sith and announced it was done.
So who knows what will happen.
By runeghost 2015-05-08 12:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valmur said: »

Got Celes then went exp grinding.
Well, considering that if you get those blue oozes you can get 15k for 4 stamina, I don't think that any of the others come close to that?
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-05-08 13:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So...tired... must...keep grinding Magitek Research Facility.
Past 100,000, but still haven't reached 150,000 much less 200,000.
I am starting to get up at 2am and 5am to go thru the stamina.

Do I have a problem? *grin*

Stopped at about 38k.... Couldn't bare anymore.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 159 160 161