St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh
St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19
By fonewear 2014-11-25 11:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cut off Al Sharpton CNN how dare you !
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-11-25 11:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
As to the situation though: it's well deserved anger and they have plenty of reason for it, but this isn't the thing I'd riot about, they really should pick there battles more closely, as there's legitimate cases of police being racist *** and young black men dying, where there wasn't a legitimate excuse for it, and between this and the lol "boy with skittles" incident, I'm a bit concerned, as people need to learn to pick their battles better.

it is amazing isnt it? In a sad pitiful way...

We have a president that abuses his power every day.
A congress (and the rest of government for that matter) that wont get ***done.
Judges long since bought out.
Everyone's corrupt as hell
Corporations rapping the citizens
Citizens constitutional rights being taken every day.
A broken system...

They all have one thing in common. Ppl arnt doing ***about it. 'We cant change it' 'not worth our time' etc etc etc

But something like this happens and ppl are going crazy over it... (and still not getting anything useful done.)
By fonewear 2014-11-25 11:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Al Sharpton preaching to the choir ! They are eating it up.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-25 12:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I see the racists are out in force, no wonder there will always be racial tensions in this country.

That's nice. Completely disconnected from reality though. Morgan Freeman has transcended race because he has money. For those without that escape hatch, good luck having people see past preconceptions about you completely based on how you look.

Also, good luck breaking down the systemic approach to disenfranchise and disempower minority groups through the political machine.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-25 12:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I myself sometimes enjoy deep fried racism. With a side of mashed potatoes and gravy.
Getting high off of some deep fried racism.

Blazed1979 said: »
I don't know depends on how white you are !
What, on the probability of him being shot or being racist?
or both, maybe baby?
Maybe baby!
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-25 12:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep buying into that democrat lie that you are helpless in a country full of racists.

How much longer till you realize the only ones keeping you down are the ones selling you that lie?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-25 12:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I see the racists are out in force, no wonder there will always be racial tensions in this country.

That's nice. Completely disconnected from reality though. Morgan Freeman has transcended race because he has money. For those without that escape hatch, good luck having people see past preconceptions about you completely based on how you look.

Also, good luck breaking down the systemic approach to disenfranchise and disempower minority groups through the political machine.
Leave the money out of this! Not the money's fault you're racist.
By volkom 2014-11-25 12:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Joke I heard said:
how many black people does it take to start a riot?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-25 12:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Al Sharpton is about to talk ! Lord have mercy !

Speaking of Sharpton...

Quote:
Indeed, Mr. Sharpton’s influence and visibility have reached new heights this year, fueled by his close relationships with the mayor and the president.

Obscured in his ascent, however, has been his troubling financial past, which continues to shadow his present.

Mr. Sharpton has regularly sidestepped the sorts of obligations most people see as inevitable, like taxes, rent and other bills. Records reviewed by The New York Times show more than $4.5 million in current state and federal tax liens against him and his for-profit businesses.

And though he said in recent interviews that he was paying both down, his balance with the state, at least, has actually grown in recent years. His National Action Network appears to have been sustained for years by not paying federal payroll taxes on its employees.

With the tax liability outstanding, Mr. Sharpton traveled first class and collected a sizable salary, the kind of practice by nonprofit groups that the United States Treasury’s inspector general for tax administration recently characterized as “abusive,” or “potentially criminal” if the failure to turn over or collect taxes is willful.

Mr. Sharpton and the National Action Network have repeatedly failed to pay travel agencies, hotels and landlords. He has leaned on the generosity of friends and sometimes even the organization, intermingling its finances with his own to cover his daughters’ private school tuition.
As Sharpton Rose, So Did His Unpaid Taxes
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-25 13:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Explain to me how I'm a racist.

Really, I await this argument. Like Christmas eve before getting a pack of socks from my mother.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-25 13:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

wormfeeder said: »
You mean the racists that are black right?

I wasn't aware black people held the levers of power in this country. Enlighten me please, I await your ability to reshape reality.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-25 13:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Explain to me how I'm a racist.

Really, I await this argument. Like Christmas eve before getting a pack of socks from my mother.
Simple, you take the bait the race baiters throw out to the masses.
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-11-25 13:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

And now for the latest in Ferguson...businesses torched... http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ferguson-businesses-torched-in-overnight-protests/ar-BBfJTrf

/Sigh... Why can't we all just get along?
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-11-25 13:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

wormfeeder said: »
You mean the racists that are black right?

I wasn't aware black people held the levers of power in this country. Enlighten me please, I await your ability to reshape reality.

It's not like someone is letting some big cat out of the bag.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-25 13:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

yup, last I checked they just held a riot.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-25 13:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asks about power, guy posts the president, a man who effectively is a puppet of those in power.

But ok, if that makes you feel better. If that changes the reality of individual wealth, hiring potential, college graduation rates, home ownership and every other conceivable metric of measuring wealth. I mean there aren't dozens of articles and research projects on the disparity of wealth by race or the underhanded practices of municipalities against minorities from everything from where you can live to who gets promoted in the world of sanitation. We get one black president and that effectively solves all the problems still lingering from Reconstruction on through the Golden Era of America on through the Civil Rights era to the present.

By all means though, continue to delude yourself.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-25 13:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
As to the situation though: it's well deserved anger and they have plenty of reason for it, but this isn't the thing I'd riot about, they really should pick there battles more closely, as there's legitimate cases of police being racist *** and young black men dying, where there wasn't a legitimate excuse for it, and between this and the lol "boy with skittles" incident, I'm a bit concerned, as people need to learn to pick their battles better.

it is amazing isnt it? In a sad pitiful way...

We have a president that abuses his power every day.
A congress (and the rest of government for that matter) that wont get ***done.
Judges long since bought out.
Everyone's corrupt as hell
Corporations rapping the citizens
Citizens constitutional rights being taken every day.
A broken system...

They all have one thing in common. Ppl arnt doing ***about it. 'We cant change it' 'not worth our time' etc etc etc

But something like this happens and ppl are going crazy over it... (and still not getting anything useful done.)

I'd say it's about accurate short of the President abusing his powers daily, as I have yet to see anyone actually list anything that he's doing outside of his authority.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-25 13:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

yup, last I checked they just held a riot.

Troublemakers use a tense racial issue to their own devices to burn and loot businesses and suddenly that represents the will of Black America and every individual of color living in the United States.

I seem to have not gotten my ballot labeled "Burn motherfucking Furguson to the ground?"

Y?
N?
Unsure

I'll have to take that up with my local NAACP chapter, this ***is getting outta hand.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-25 13:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asks about power, guy posts the president, a man who effectively is a puppet of those in power.

But ok, if that makes you feel better. If that changes the reality of individual wealth, hiring potential, college graduation rates, home ownership and every other conceivable metric of measuring wealth. I mean there aren't dozens of articles and research projects on the disparity of wealth by race or the underhanded practices of municipalities against minorities from everything from where you can live to who gets promoted in the world of sanitation. We get one black president and that effectively solves all the problems still lingering from Reconstruction on through the Golden Era of America on through the Civil Rights era to the present.

Just lol dude.

Let it be known that there are many out there so enamored with holding up their title of "victim" that they will ignore the election of a black man as vindication that black men can and do achieve levels of power and influence.

By all means though, continue to delude yourself.
By volkom 2014-11-25 13:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not disconnected from reality. Sure Morgan Freeman has money but he is also a man of color. Much like Obama is, and any other professional athlete or even the guy who is the director of sales at my company. If we keep referring to people based on the color of their skin then we're just adding to the problem. We constantly remind ourselves in this country that we put race before being Americans first which should be the other way around. We shouldn't judge others based on their skin but instead of what they can accomplish. The problem really lies within the communities they live in and how they upbring their kids. Push them to go to school, get an education. Teach them right and wrong and be a decent human and citizen. Should be responsible parents. They all have potential to make something out of their lives but instead the news/media gives of a skewed view that all they do is steal, rape and kill because its almost too common of a thing that we hear about. Additionally within their own community they don't report a lot of crimes that happen. A black guy could kill a black guy and we would never hear about it but heaven's forbid if its a white guy who does the crime. Going back to the point though, we shouldn't forget the racial discrimination that occurred with segregation. People need to be educated and the more educated people we have then more efforts can be made to improve our communities and the country as a whole
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-11-25 13:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

There are different types/definitions of racism, though. Morgan Freeman is referring to the dictionary definition of racism. You're referring to the sociology definition of institutional racism.
[+]
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2014-11-25 13:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-25 13:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with "colorblindness" though is, yes it would eliminate racism, but it would also eliminate cultural norms and differences. We need to live in harmony, not of ignorance. Embrace their blackness, because that's not just their skin color. It's their culture. It's part of an identity, and if we ignore that, we're ignoring a big part of who they are.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-25 13:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
The problem with "colorblindness" though is, yes it would eliminate racism, but it would also eliminate cultural norms and differences. We need to live in harmony, not of ignorance. Embrace their blackness, because that's not just their skin color. It's their culture. It's part of an identity, and if we ignore that, we're ignoring a big part of who they are.
Gotta disagree captain Mag.
[+]
By volkom 2014-11-25 13:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
What would you say is their culture?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-25 13:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, I'm not a big fan of rap.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-25 13:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The culture is one that's been thrust upon them. They've been bastardized and they're left to pick up the pieces. Still, in the face of adversity, they have done that to a point. You can't deny that they don't have a culture. All I'm saying is, let's embrace our differences, not insist that they are the same as us in every way, because that is simply not true.
By volkom 2014-11-25 14:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Not denying they have a culture but a lot of what's culturally defining to them from this generation is socially degrading.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-25 14:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oops you referred to "them". That makes you a racist.

Thanks for playing, game over.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2014-11-25 14:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a very affordable, and sensible option available out there to prevent situations like these. Go Pro cameras on every cop's vest everywhere in the country. Any police (or their supporters) should be completely on board with this. If cops are doing their job as the law dictates they should have no issue with go pro's. Remove the grey area. No more he said she said. Period.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 18 19