St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh
St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 17 18 19
By volkom 2014-11-25 14:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fistandantilus said: »
There is a very affordable, and sensible option available out there to prevent situations like these. Go Pro cameras on every cop's vest everywhere in the country. Any police (or their supporters) should be completely on board with this. If cops are doing their job as the law dictates they should have no issue with go pro's. Remove the grey area. No more he said she said. Period.
iirc a lot of law enforcement groups are already doing this
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-25 14:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

a good friend once told me, "we're all the same, only different"
[+]
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-11-25 14:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just sad that even in this day and age there is STILL Racial discrimination, sexual orientation discrimination etc. We as a race (human race that is) need to learn to accept other people's differences and stop hating on each other for our differences. For one, I'm Gay and a mix of 2 different color races. Am I a minority in the eyes of the majority? Yes. But I don't let that get me down.

If people would just stop the discrimination and learn to accept each others differences then minority and majority won't ever exist anymore and in it's place, ALL of us would be considered equal.

It just saddens me, that this generation will probably carry on all the hatred and discrimination to the next generation and so on and so on and the cycle won't ever end.

We need to break this cycle. Can this be done overnight? No, probably not. However, if we can learn to accept our differences, in time, the world will be better place.

I know it's just idealism at this point, but I believe that we (the human race) can move pass all this with time, but only if humans are willing to make the effort.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-25 14:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Get used to it... people will always find a reason to hate someone else and/or make themselves feel better an another's expense.

Not saying there was racism in this case specifically but if some of you think racism is a way of the past then you're only trying to fool yourselves...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-25 14:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not survival of the fittest, it's just survival.
By wormfeeder 2014-11-25 14:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
wormfeeder said: »
I see the racists are out in force, no wonder there will always be racial tensions in this country.
You mean the racists that are black right?

I wasn't aware black people held the levers of power in this country. Enlighten me please, I await your ability to reshape reality.

Ok. I will make this easy for your brain to absorb. The only people holding black people back in this country are other blacks and the progressive liberals who tell them they are not responsible for themselves. Blacks in this country have more opportunities now than ever before but do they take advantage of them? No they don't, they use their race as an excuse to be lazy and blame their lives on others. People like l Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are poor role models for black people and should not follow their message.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-11-25 14:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Typically, calling a specific subset of people gullible and lazy isn't the best tactic to earn their votes.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-25 14:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody's holding an election here.
By wormfeeder 2014-11-25 14:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Typically, calling a specific subset of people gullible and lazy isn't the best tactic to earn their votes.
You are correct. Telling them it's not their fault their life suck but someone else's is.
By wormfeeder 2014-11-25 14:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

As some of you have probably read, they are blaming the police for the burning and looting in furgeson. Like I said won't take responsibility for their actions.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2014-11-25 14:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
There is a very affordable, and sensible option available out there to prevent situations like these. Go Pro cameras on every cop's vest everywhere in the country. Any police (or their supporters) should be completely on board with this. If cops are doing their job as the law dictates they should have no issue with go pro's. Remove the grey area. No more he said she said. Period.

Hells yeah. The sooner it is mandatory in every state the better. Certainly will clear up 95% of every interaction between cops, and the public. Cheaper than settling large lawsuits that's for sure.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-25 14:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

While some states do mandate that some of their officers are to wear those recording devices they are not always on and are only mandated to be turned on when certain circumstances are met. Basically an argument is made that they don't want to be monitored at all times which I can understand.

Then it comes down to are you able to take time to turn something like this on in some situations?

idk... itd be nice to have it all recorded for legal purposes because its never the cops that actually have to pay it's the city... you gotta fight through unions though to even get people to follow something like that to the bare minimum.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-25 14:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I see the racists are out in force, no wonder there will always be racial tensions in this country.

I wasn't aware black people held the levers of power in this country. Enlighten me please, I await your ability to reshape reality.

Ok. I will make this easy for your brain to absorb. The only people holding black people back in this country are other blacks and the progressive liberals who tell them they are not responsible for themselves. Blacks in this country have more opportunities now than ever before but do they take advantage of them? No they don't, they use their race as an excuse to be lazy and blame their lives on others. People like l Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are poor role models for black people and should not follow their message.

Thanks Giuliani. Anything else? I'd like to know where Jimmy Hoffa is if you don't mind. Easy pickings for a man for boiled down 200 years of racism to 'they be lazy, yo'.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-25 14:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

The intelligence level is on point though.
[+]
By wormfeeder 2014-11-25 14:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hells yeah. The sooner it is mandatory in every state the better. Certainly will clear up 95% of every interaction between cops, and the public. Cheaper than settling large lawsuits that's for sure.
I can see defense and prosecuting attorneys getting video evidence expunged when it doesn't serve their purpose.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-25 14:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

You must love Jonathan Gruber then.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-25 14:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The intelligence level is on point though.
That's never a good thing. Elections are won on popular support though mass media, not good ideas, facts, or anything of substance.

IE. democracy ~ mob rule.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-25 14:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
There are different types/definitions of racism, though. Morgan Freeman is referring to the dictionary definition of racism. You're referring to the sociology definition of institutional racism.

Also known as the type of racism that you know.. actually matters. Systemic racism in America is at the fount of black ills and from that grows the undercurrent of anger in this country every time the system takes a life, regardless of the circumstances. Michael Brown doesn't matter, he's just one skirmish, one product of a system designed to disenfranchise an entire group of people because they're darkies. We'll be back at this the next time a body hits the floor and a cops gun is at fault.

I make it my life to live by my credo of judge people based on actions, not race but I'd be a delusional fool to think my credo changes the fact that I'm one routine stop from being murdered by a jumpy cop. Darkies be scary, yo.

I can be the best model citzen and it doesn't change that a real estate agent doesn't want me shitting up their perfect white utopia with merely my presence. Darkies ***up your property values, yo. Better go live with other darkies and screw up your own community.

It doesn't change the fact that someone at the bank immediately believes I'm entitled to the shittiest loan because darkies can't pay their debts, yo. I got this fantastic subprime loan you'll love.

And it doesn't change that as a darkie you're more likely to be born into a school to prison pipeline that sees you as worthless labor. That tweet about the cotton fields? More relevant than you think. Darkies be good prisoners, yo.

Better get a music deal or play sports, yo. Because that's all you're good for. That is the prevailing mentality in America, most are just too cowardly to call the spade, a spade.
[+]
By wormfeeder 2014-11-25 14:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Giuliani. Anything else? I'd like to know where Jimmy Hoffa is if you don't mind. Easy pickings for a man for boiled down 200 years of racism to 'they be lazy, yo'.

Who is selling drugs to black people.
Who are murdering other black people on a daily basis
What race has an 80 percent rate of single parent households.
If you answered blacks on all three you get an A+.

It pains me that this happens. It also pains me that blacks don't get mad about it. Where are al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson on all those issues? No where to be found because it doesn't suit his purpose. I think as a white person I care more about what happens to blacks than those posers do. I volunteer at various churches and homeless shelter every winter and a couple months in the summer and give more assistance than al or Jesse.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-25 14:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It pains me that this happens. It also pains me that blacks don't get mad about it. Where are al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson on all those issues? No where to be found because it doesn't suit his purpose. I think as a white person I care more about what happens to blacks than those posers do. I volunteer at various churches and homeless shelter every winter and a couple months in the summer and give more assistance than al or Jesse.

Yeah, but do you make a ton of money off of it? Truly helping people isn't in the best interest of the pocketbook, as Al and Jesse have figured out by now.
By wormfeeder 2014-11-25 14:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Yeah, but do you make a ton of money off of it? Truly helping people isn't in the best interest of the pocketbook, as Al and Jesse have figured out by now.
I don't make one penny doing it. I do it because it is the right thing to do.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-25 14:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There are different types/definitions of racism, though. Morgan Freeman is referring to the dictionary definition of racism. You're referring to the sociology definition of institutional racism.

Also known as the type of racism that you know.. actually matters. Systemic racism in America is at the fount of black ills and from that grows the undercurrent of anger in this country every time the system takes a life, regardless of the circumstances. Michael Brown doesn't matter, he's just one skirmish, one product of a system designed to disenfranchise an entire group of people because they're darkies. We'll be back at this the next time a body hits the floor and a cops gun is at fault.

I make it my life to live by my credo of judge people based on actions, not race but I'd be a delusional fool to think my credo changes the fact that I'm one routine stop from being murdered by a jumpy cop. Darkies be scary, yo.

I can be the best model citzen and it doesn't change that a real estate agent doesn't want me shitting up their perfect white utopia with merely my presence. Darkies ***up your property values, yo. Better go live with other darkies and screw up your own community.

It doesn't change the fact that someone at the bank immediately believes I'm entitled to the shittiest loan because darkies can't pay their debts, yo. I got this fantastic subprime loan you'll love.

And it doesn't change that as a darkie you're more likely to be born into a school to prison pipeline that sees you as worthless labor. That tweet about the cotton fields? More relevant than you think. Darkies be good prisoners, yo.

Better get a music deal or play sports, yo. Because that's all you're good for. That is the prevailing mentality in America, most are just too cowardly to call the spade, a spade.
Pro tip: Stop drinking the liberal koolaid.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-11-25 14:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I don't make one penny doing it. I do it because it is the right thing to do.

Doing the right thing for the right reason? That's crazy talk! But seriously, that's the way it should be.
By wormfeeder 2014-11-25 15:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It is the progressive liberal elite that are keeping minorities down in this country not the conservatives.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-25 15:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Who gives a *** about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson? Cite some real black voices that dont get play on TV because the media doesn't want to offend the viewers or just get the *** out. Read a book *** applies here.

Cornel West has been dropping truthbombs about the system but I'm sure you don't care, doesn't feed your narrowminded garbage and thus can be safely jettisoned.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-25 15:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Protip: Cite sources against institutionalized racism or just do us all a solid and admit you're talking with your pooper.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-25 15:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Not denying they have a culture but a lot of what's culturally defining to them from this generation is socially degrading.
By whose standards? Sure, there are dunderheads in black culture, but there also dunderheads in white culture, various Asian groups, etc. This shows that there are people in their culture who are morons, but every culture has that. It doesn't define their culture, it simply is another, less desirable facet.

Another issue is, all we ever hear of is the bad. That's pasted all over the news. Enduring stories don't pay the bills. This actually goes hand in hand with the topic, now that I think of it. We'll hear of the hundreds acting out, not the millions who don't.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-25 15:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Soon...
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
Server: Cerberus
user: Kodaijin