St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh
St. Louis Vs. The Police: Part III Apocalypse Nigh
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19
By fonewear 2014-11-25 07:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
When they eventually run out of businesses to burn, I imagine the unemployment rate in Ferguson will be spectacular.

See there is an upside to this !

Emo kids approve:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-11-25 07:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Whole thing could have been avoided by changing his name to Michael White.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-11-25 07:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So... whatever happened to ebola?
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-11-25 07:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »

ratings started going down...
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-25 08:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »

ratings started going down...

Riots are very profitable people watch CNN for once !
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-25 08:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

A legal analyst on CNN, Paul Callan, just referred to Michael Brown as "a wanted felon."

I find this funny as the suspects identity wasn't known at that time, thus he wasn't wanted, he was a suspect. I was also unaware that stealing cigars was a felony. This is all beside the point, wasn't it clearly stated that Officer Wilson did not receive any details of the theft and the stop was entirely unrelated and the reason given for the stop was that Brown and a friend were in the middle of the street, blocking traffic?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-25 08:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Physical evidence has a clear white bias !
By volkom 2014-11-25 08:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

saw this ~ decided to share

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-25 09:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
A legal analyst on CNN, Paul Callan, just referred to Michael Brown as "a wanted felon."

I find this funny as the suspects identity wasn't known at that time, thus he wasn't wanted, he was a suspect. I was also unaware that stealing cigars was a felony. This is all beside the point, wasn't it clearly stated that Officer Wilson did not receive any details of the theft and the stop was entirely unrelated and the reason given for the stop was that Brown and a friend were in the middle of the street, blocking traffic?
According to the statement given last night, Brown matched the description of a suspect he was looking for.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-11-25 09:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I see the racists are out in force, no wonder there will always be racial tensions in this country.
By Heimdel 2014-11-25 09:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

According to the statement give last night, Brown matched the description of a suspect he was looking for.

The testimoney specifically says he had told them to get off the road but then he saw him carryign the box of cigars that he had been notified of the theft earlier and that is when he turnedback to stop them.

The thing is people basically expect cops to let themselves be killed instead of defending themselves in a risky situration. For instance a couple years ago a cop here stoped a suspect in a break in and instead of using his gun he tryed stoping him physically. The guy ends up stabing the cop and the cop dies. So just because the cop tried not using his gun his kids are left without a father and wife without a husband. People want cops to do their jobs but then don't want them to be able take the actions that the job might require.

In the end noone will ever truely know what happened. It could been justified it could been a cop who paniced or over reacted. Though seeing "The kid" was 6 foot 5 300 pounds and had just robed a convince store it is unlikely he had simpley tried to go peacfully. Especially since the cop ended up with fractured bones in his face.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-25 09:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the statement given last night, Brown matched the description of a suspect he was looking for.
According to the Police Chief back in August, Wilson had no knowledge of the robbery nor a description of any suspects; he said Wilson stopped them to ask them to get out of the road.
[+]
By volkom 2014-11-25 09:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
in the end noone will ever truely know what happened.
the friend of brown knows the truth. but he'll keep his mouth shut and not say anything because if he does he could be charged as an accomplice/accessory to theft and murder.
By Enuyasha 2014-11-25 10:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the Police Chief back in August, Wilson had no knowledge of the robbery nor a description of any suspects; he said Wilson stopped them to ask them to get out of the road.
That discussion imbetween flashes of the situation on CNN last night was more to drive up viewer ratings than to actually discuss the case. CNN will often times use inflammatory lines of discussion to keep people watching til they get more details.

Its kind of disgusting, but now the grand jury testimony and those tapes should be public domain. We'll find out what really was said and part of what happened soon.
By fonewear 2014-11-25 10:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I see the racists are out in force, no wonder there will always be racial tensions in this country.

Speaking of racism:

[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-25 10:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I myself sometimes enjoy deep fried racism. With a side of mashed potatoes and gravy.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-25 10:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You kidding me ! My racism detector is off the charts !

Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-25 10:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, it's all pretty sad, really.
By volkom 2014-11-25 10:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-25 10:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-11-25 10:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
saw this ~ decided to share

just wow...
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-11-25 10:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »

That discussion imbetween flashes of the situation on CNN last night was more to drive up viewer ratings than to actually discuss the case. CNN will often times use inflammatory lines of discussion to keep people watching til they get more details.

Its kind of disgusting, but now the grand jury testimony and those tapes should be public domain. We'll find out what really was said and part of what happened soon.
Back in August, the Police Chief stated via live, unedited feed that Officer Wilson was unaware of the robbery at the time he stopped Brown. This live feed was unedited and the statement came from the Chief's mouth.

Last night, the Prosecutor stated, via live feed, that Wilson testified that he was on a call concerning a young child when he got a call over the radio that a young African-American male fitting Brown's appearance had committed a strong-arm robbery at a local convenience store and stole cigars. Wilson testified that he got in his SUV and eventually ran into Brown who was carrying cigars. This came from a live, unedited feed and this statement came from the Prosecutor's mouth.

Since neither the Chief of Police nor the Prosecutor work for CNN or any other media outlet, I don't see how this inconsistency could've been brought about by CNN or CNN anchors.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-11-25 10:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that if I attempted to grab a cop's gun I would be shot, does that make me a racist?
By fonewear 2014-11-25 10:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know depends on how white you are !
By Blazed1979 2014-11-25 10:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I don't know depends on how white you are !
What, on the probability of him being shot or being racist?
or both, maybe baby?
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-11-25 11:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

He can say whatever he wants in his testimony as he never (last time I checked over a month after the incident) wrote a report detailing his experience.

The official incident report was not filed until at least 10 days after the incident and it contained virtually no information.
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-11-25 11:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

he doesn't get to keep his job, does he? I don't know enough about the particulars to voice whether or not he should be drummed up on manslaughter charges (though my instinct is yes) but he sure as hell shouldn't be allowed to police the general public any more.
By fonewear 2014-11-25 11:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I smell a Lifetime movie of the week ! The Wilson story: anger looting racism and a hint of romance.
By fonewear 2014-11-25 11:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Al Sharpton is about to talk ! Lord have mercy !
By wormfeeder 2014-11-25 11:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean the racists that are black right?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 17 18 19