New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Islamic State Thread
Islamic State Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 00:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
World War III. Let's git r done already.

If Russia keeps trying to take ***that doesn't belong to them, and it may be on the horizon.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-29 01:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

If Russia keeps trying to take ***that doesn't belong to them, and it may be on the horizon.

The Russians... /sigh. They're the equivalent of catching a crook on camera, showing it to him, and having him still deny that he did it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-29 01:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If the U.S. keeps trying to impose its hegemony on the world, it will be on the horizon.
ftfy.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 01:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If Russia keeps trying to regain the USSR it will be on the horizon.
ftfy.
ftfy
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 01:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

The Russians... /sigh. They're the equivalent of catching a crook on camera, showing it to him, and having him still deny that he did it.

I don't know why, but I just thought of this:

YouTube Video Placeholder

"This little rat is guilty!"
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-29 01:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh Americans...

Always looking for somebody else to blame and never take responsibility for their own actions.

For some reason World War 3 is on the top of most searched things on Yahoo atm. Looking for the best video that's not long as hell.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-29 01:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-29 01:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh Americans...

Always looking for somebody else to blame and never take responsibility for their own actions.

For some reason World War 3 is on the top of most searched things on Yahoo atm. Looking for the best video that's not long as hell.

America has a slew of its own problems. That doesn't excuse Russia, though.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 01:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

More like /sigh Chaos

Sad little Russian puppet doesn't even realize the entire purpose of the US doing what it does, and has it right backwards.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 01:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh Americans...

This too.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-29 01:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

More like /sigh Chaos

Sad little Russian puppet doesn't even realize the entire purpose of the US doing what it does, and has it right backwards.
The only puppet here is you. I do things of my own free will. You're stuck supporting whatever the U.S. says is right.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 01:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

More like /sigh Chaos

The only puppet here is you. I do things of my own free will. You're stuck supporting whatever the U.S. says is right.
lol OK Russian puppet, whatever you say sir.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-29 01:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh Americans...

How can the U.S. be judge, jury, and executioner of the world if it can't even manage its own problems?
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-09-29 03:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh Americans...

How can the U.S. be judge, jury, and executioner of the world if it can't even manage its own problems?

Same way we invented the Petro Dollar and fractional banking, we jus do and wishaniggawould
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-29 04:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I blame FOX news.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-29 04:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I blame Walmart.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-09-29 04:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-29 04:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-29 06:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh Americans...

Why do you think nobody is willing to admit that they voted for Obama?

Besides the fact that it would make them personally responsible for the ***that has been happening for the past 6 years.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-29 07:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
/sigh Americans...

Why do you think nobody is willing to admit that they voted for Obama?

Besides the fact that it would make them personally responsible for the ***that has been happening for the past 6 years.
I voted for him in 2008, but I left the country for work before 2012 election came up. I was swept up in the hope and change. And I've never trusted a word McCain says. Choice was easy if not already determined back then anyway. Turns out the hope was overseas and the change was not good in the U.S.

Would I have voted for him in 2012? I doubt it. Ron Paul was my favorite candidate before I left. Probably would have done what I did in 2004, 3rd party. Wasn't keen on another Bush term, but John Kerry struck me as an imbecile and at the time I was working at a junk yard. The people there were rednecks, but they actually made a good point.

Don't like at the whole democrat, liberal, republican, conservative thing. Look at what his profession is. He was a lawyer at the time. Do you really want a lawyer in charge? Lawyers are great for getting you out of trouble or lessening a charge from a crime you commit given enough money. Is that really the quality you want to see in a present who has to make important decisions? Lawyers do what their paid to do, not what they think is best. I was undecided. Why don't you like Bush they would ask... Unjust wars against made up threats costing tons of money. Fair enough they said, just keep in mind he's [Kerry] a lawyer.

I went 3rd party, lol. I was unimpressed with Kerry from the beginning. The lawyer part stuck out, but wow, as Secretary of State, he makes Clinton look good.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-29 08:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't fight fire with fire.
You can, actually.
With wildfires, sure, controlled burn.

But what GoGs is implying, is the only way to defeat radicals is to be even more radical, and with more people.

It's been done before, and continues to spiral into having more aggressive radicals down the road.

More radicals mainly come from jobs left unfinished. While the US and other countries have had conflicts in the middle east, none of us actually went in and got the job done completely. Everyone pulled out for one reason or another. Then the radicals left reorganize, rebuild and reteach there radical views to more ppl and more younger ppl. Members grow, it starts all over again.

But i am curious. If force is no good to you for stopping them, then what is? Whats your idea to stop a radical group like ISIS that seems bent on atking and killing mass amounts of ppl? - Negotiate? Talk to them? Appeal to there humanity?... ill buy u the plane ticket over there' Or we can always fall back to prayer. That will surely help change them.
By fonewear 2014-09-29 09:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I blame Walmart.

I blame the sporting section of Wal Mart.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-09-29 09:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

We aren't going to WW3 just because a regional power isn't happy being reduced to a regional power.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-29 09:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I went 3rd party, lol. I was unimpressed with Kerry from the beginning. The lawyer part stuck out, but wow, as Secretary of State, he makes Clinton look good.

Kerry.. cliton'.. obama.. makes me wonder why that party hasnt been laughed out of the country yet
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-29 09:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

We aren't going to WW3 just because a regional power isn't happy being reduced to a regional power.

Depends who Russia targets. The US has a lot of allies and nato countries over in the European region. Many of which we would be obligated to intervene and help if something happened.

Of course we seem to be developing a habit of turning our backs on things like that as of late. The sand is more valuable then the line drawn in it these days'
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 14:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

We'll see.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 14:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

Bush.. Mittens.. Perry.. makes me wonder why that party hasnt been laughed out of the country yet
ftfy
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-29 15:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kerry... Clinton (both of them)... Obama... makes me wonder why that party hasnt been laughed out of the country yet
ftfy
fixed it back because it was true the first time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-29 15:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

But i am curious. If force is no good to you for stopping them, then what is? Whats your idea to stop a radical group like ISIS that seems bent on atking and killing mass amounts of ppl? - Negotiate? Talk to them? Appeal to there humanity?... ill buy u the plane ticket over there' Or we can always fall back to prayer. That will surely help change them.
You don't negotiate with extremists. You fend them off if they pose a real threat.

But to answer you question a little bit, you have to stop terrorism at its source. The be bluntly, the source is the continued support of Saudi Arabia and Israel. In other words, you have to reduce the economy of Saudi Arabia dependence on oil and the dollar.

Oil sales account for 90% of the export sales. Their society is so dependent on the price of oil hovering around $100 a barrel right now, that any threat to that price causes them to do whatever it takes to bring it back. It's a vicious cycle that begin with the introduction of the petrodollar. Once they get accustomed to a certain price range, it never goes down.

The society there still has slavery, as well as Jordan. It's a terrible place that creates the funding and political atmosphere that creates these terrorists groups to begin with. I can't think of any terrorist group offhand that hasn't used Saudi Arabia as a starting point financially.

Essentially that's the economic side of it. Cut ties with Saudi Arabia politically. No sanctions as they always cause more harm than any good. But do stop the dependence on oil sales in US Dollars.

Stop giving foreign aid to countries in general, but mainly Israel and Egypt to an extent. Jordan as well. African countries are fine for now, but only when they need it, not as an expected source of income.

That's just the beginning. After that the U.S. is going to be very low key in the middle east for awhile. I would say at least 20 years. The trust of the U.S. has been shattered so much, that the only people that 'trust' the U.S. are people who getting a huge gain from any military or financial assistance. The population itself is very diverse, they want freedom and democracy to an extent (actually they just want to live in peace and calm), but anyone with wealth who runs for any type of offices knows how to play the U.S. government and therefore never really tries to bring about any meaningful change socially. It's all about who can have the most power and any disruption to that can and will start a conflict and acts of terrorism.

You're going to have to let them sort it out once you tackle the Saudi Arabia/Jordan/Israel/Egypt problem.

Take a look at oil prices here:

2009 was the worst year for terrorism around the world. Especially in Iraq, and here in the U.S.

Domestic-Terrorism Incidents Hit a Peak in 2009
List of terrorist incidents, 2009 - Compare to 2008 and 2010.

If anyone has any rational input on this, feel free to let me know if I'm forgetting anything or missed something.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-29 16:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't negotiate with extremists. You fend ally with them, give them weapons, demean them when they get powerful, conveniently forget that you gave them weapons, blame Bush when it's politically convenient, and then kill them off if they pose a real threat.

ftfy.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14