Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Islamic State Thread
Islamic State Thread
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14
By Nazrious 2014-09-23 10:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

American Intrests. Otherwise wth is important.

Of course replace American with your own country.

If you think this is about Islam your wrong.

Dole, British petroleum. Too bad unlike $00.49/lb bananas Petroleum isn't $00.49/barrel.

Those in power will take from those without, those taken from will be upset and hold a grudge.

Btw Patriotism functions on the same principles as radical indoctrination, however it is often less blunt. There are blatantly obvious examples, for those who think otherwise go take a look at Nazi propaganda.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 10:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
This was extensively covered here.
What? That I'm too lazy and conceited to cite common knowledge/references? I guess you want me to cite that the Earth revolves around the sun, and that gravity works next too huh?
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2014-09-23 10:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the Iraqis force was funded by the US, trained by the US, equipped by the US and had US a lot of advisers. They lost very quickly the moment the US troops pulled out.... I think there was a guy before those Iraqis... yeah it was Vietnam. They got the exact same setup. I can see how this is going to work out when US is trying to fund something, equip something and sending its advisers around.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-09-23 11:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Jetackuu said: »

As far as I know, the so called Muslim god you seem to hate does not say one bit of slaughtering innocent.

Please if you you are right then go ahead and quote something from out of context or post a whoosh gif. I'll be waiting.

It doesn't matter what evidence I post you'll twist it with your apologist excuses and parade around victorious, it's silly. Your concept of "innocent" and mine must vary greatly as well.

Also "out of context" my ***.

You still fail to bring forth evidence.

He can copy paste it here no problem. It only takes 15seconds.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 11:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you missed the point Dubai.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-23 11:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
No, the argument is that by specifically calling a single controverial president, rather than the controversial policy held by many over time, you'll derail from the important topic into bickering such as this.
Wait, you are arguing that it is ok for a president to supply arms to terrorists because he is the current president, and that we are only allowed to *** about it after he is out of office?
No.
It does not matter who the president is, it matters what he is doing TODAY.
It does not matter who the president is, it matters what the US is doing. In fact, what the US is doing
TODAY
as you so elegantly put it, is largely due to actions that it has taken in the past. These policies, both in the past and
TODAY
are not created in a vacuum.
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-09-23 11:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you missed the point Dubai.

Maybe I did. But that's the thing, some people take quoting and posting too casually. If that poster does not have anything beneficial or contributing to say then it is better to just read and acquire knowledge on matters they do not have much about, rather than acquiring post counts which seems that's what most poster do want nowadays.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 11:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I did. But that's the thing, some people take quoting and posting too casually..
lolwhat?

really?
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-09-23 11:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I did. But that's the thing, some people take quoting and posting too casually..
lolwhat?

really?

Yes really. whoooooooooosh gif
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 11:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What? That I'm too lazy and conceited to cite common knowledge/references? I guess you want me to cite that the Earth revolves around the sun, and that gravity works next too huh?

Carry on Jet, we will take your word for it. That's all that is ever needed to prove anything anyways, right?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 11:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

Carry on Jet, we will take your word for it. That's all that is ever needed to prove anything anyways, right?

Like I said before, for the people that are actually interested and don't quite get something I say, I PM them. The rest I'll keep letting them figure it out on there own. It's a varying list and it depends on the day.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 11:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said before, for the people that are actually interested and don't quite get something I say, I PM them. The rest I'll keep letting them figure it out on there own. It's a varying list and it depends on the day.
Yes because taking an open discussion away from the eyes and ears of the participants and into closed quarters is the thing one does when they feel their proof is solid.

I'll remember that gem of wisdom. I'm sure it will enhance my credibility and integrity.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 11:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes because taking an open discussion away from the eyes and ears of the participants and into closed quarters is the thing one does when they feel their proof is solid.

I'll remember that gem of wisdom. I'm sure it will enhance my credibility and integrity.

Has nothing to do with "feelings" or the credibility but more of the people that are worthy of the time for me to hand the answer to them instead of them finding it on their own.

Yes, I'm being conceited, nothing new.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 11:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Has nothing to do with "feelings" or the credibility but more of the people that are worthy of the time for me to hand the answer to them instead of them finding it on their own.

They must have some pretty rare credentials to be "worthy" in your eyes Jet.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 11:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They must have some pretty rare credentials to be "worthy" in your eyes Jet.

You're right, intelligence is definitely less than common.

But there's a few others that I'll give a chance to here and there, depends on my mood and free time.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-24 10:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
U.S. conducts five more airstrikes in Syria, Iraq against Islamic State

Residents inspect damaged buildings in what activists say was a U.S. strike, in Kfredrian.

WASHINGTON, Sept 24 (Reuters) - The United States military on Wednesday confirmed it had launched five more airstrikes targeting Islamic State in Syria and Iraq in the latest round of attacks on the militant group.

One strike hit Syria northwest of the Iraqi city of Al Qa'im, U.S. Central Command said in a statement. Two strikes hit were west of Baghdad and two southeast of Irbil in Iraq.

The latest strikes on Tuesday and Wednesday destroyed two Islamic State armed vehicles, eight other vehicles, a weapons cache and fighting positions, the statement said.

Various attack, bomber and fighter aircraft were used in the airstrikes and all aircraft were able to leave the area safely, according to the statement.

While the United States has launched nearly 200 strikes in Iraq in recent weeks, this week's campaign opens a new front in Syria and thrusts Washington into the country's 3-year-old civil war. The first strikes in Syria were carried out with help of five Arab nations.

So far, 20 airstrikes have been launched across Syria targeting Islamic State, Central Command said.

U.S. officials on Tuesday had said the strikes were effective and on Wednesday Rear Admiral John Kirby, a Pentagon spokesman, said it was still completing its overnight assessment.

"Everything we said yesterday is bearing out today," he said in a CNN interview. "We do believe that the battle damage assessment that we've conducted shows that these strikes were extremely successful in terms of hitting what we were aiming at and causing the damage that we wanted to cause."

Source
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-24 11:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Obama calls for dismantling IS 'network of death'

President Barack Obama addresses the 69th session of the United Nations General Assembly at the United Nations headquarters, Wednesday, Sept. 24, 2014.

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Declaring the world at a crossroads between war and peace, President Barack Obama vowed at the U.N. on Wednesday to lead a coalition to dismantle an Islamic State "network of death" that has wreaked havoc in the Middle East and drawn the U.S. back into military action in the region.

Speaking to the annual gathering of the United Nations General Assembly, Obama said the U.S. would be a "respectful and constructive partner" in confronting the Islamic State militants through force. But he also implored Muslims in the Middle East to reject the ideology that has spawned groups like the Islamic State and to cut off funding that has allowed that terror group and others to thrive.

"Ultimately, the task of rejecting sectarianism and extremism is a generational task — a task for the people of the Middle East themselves," Obama said. "No external power can bring about a transformation of hearts and minds."

The president's remarks came against the backdrop of an expanded U.S. military campaign against the Islamic State group, with airstrikes now hitting targets in both Iraq and Syria. A coalition of five Arab nations joined the U.S. this week in the strikes in Syria: Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Qatar.

The U.S. also opened another military front with airstrikes this week against a new al-Qaida cell that the Pentagon said was "nearing the execution phase" of a direct attack on the U.S. or Europe.

The threats have drawn Obama back into conflicts in the Middle East that he has long sought to avoid, particularly in Syria, which is mired in a bloody three-year civil war. Just months ago, the president appeared to be on track to fulfill his pledge to end the U.S.-led wars he inherited in Iraq and Afghanistan.

U.S. President Barack Obama addresses the 69th session of the United Nations General Assembly at U.N. headquarters, Wednesday, Sept. 24, 2014.

Obama sought to distinguish this current military campaign from those lengthy wars, declaring that he has no intention of sending U.S. troops to occupy foreign lands.

"We will neither tolerate terrorist safe havens nor act as an occupying power," he said.

The militant threat in the Middle East is just one in a series of global crises that have tested Obama this year. Russia has repeatedly flouted warning from the U.S. and Europe to stop its threatening moves in Ukraine. And leaders in West Africa have criticized Obama for not doing more to help combat an Ebola outbreak that is believed to have infected more than 5,800 people in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Nigeria and Senegal.

Obama took on Russia directly in his remarks, accusing Moscow of sending arms to pro-Kremlin separatists, refusing to allow access to the site of a downed civilian airliner and then moving its own troops across the border with Ukraine.

"This is a vision of the world in which might makes right, a world in which one nation's borders can be redrawn by another, and civilized people are not allowed to recover the remains of their loved ones because of the truth that might be revealed," Obama said. "America stands for something different."

Still, Obama held open the prospect of a resolution to the monthslong conflict between Russia and Ukraine. While he has previously expressed skepticism about a fragile cease-fire signed earlier this month, he said Wednesday that the agreement "offers an opening" for peace.

If Russia follows through on the agreement, Obama said the U.S. will lift economic sanctions that have damaged Russia's economy but so far done little to shift President Vladimir Putin's approach.

As Obama spoke, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov sat in the audience at the U.N., staring down at a stack of papers without glancing up at Obama.

The chaotic global landscape Obama described Wednesday stood in contrast to his remarks at the U.N. one year ago, when he spoke of diplomatic openings on multiple fronts. At the time, the U.S. was embarking on another attempt to forge an elusive peace between Israelis and Palestinians and there were signs of a thaw in the decades-old tensions between the U.S. and Iran.

The Mideast peace talks have since collapsed, though the president said Wednesday that "as bleak as the landscape appears, America will never give up the pursuit of peace." And while the U.S., Iran and world powers are now in the midst of nuclear negotiations, the talks are deadlocked and there is skepticism about whether a deal can be reached by a Nov. 24 deadline.

"My message to Iran's leaders and people is simple: Do not let this opportunity pass," Obama said. "We can reach a solution that meets your energy needs while assuring the world that your program is peaceful."

Source
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-25 12:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Iraqi woman activist killed by Islamic State

BAGHDAD (AP) — Militants with the Islamic State group publicly killed a rights lawyer in the Iraqi city of Mosul after finding her guilty of apostasy in a self-styled Islamic court, the U.N. mission in Iraq said Thursday.

Samira Salih al-Nuaimi was seized from her home on Sept. 17 after allegedly posting messages on Facebook that were critical of the militants' destruction of religious sites in Mosul.

According to the United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq, al-Nuaimi was tried in a so-called "Sharia court" for apostasy, after which she was tortured for five days before the militants sentenced her to "public execution."

She was killed on Monday, the U.N. mission said. Her Facebook page appears to have been removed since her death.

"By torturing and executing a female human rights' lawyer and activist, defending in particular the civil and human rights of her fellow citizens in Mosul, ISIL continues to attest to its infamous nature, combining hatred, nihilism and savagery, as well as its total disregard of human decency," Nickolay Mladenov, the U.N. envoy to Iraq, said in a statement, referring to the group by an acronym.

The militant group captured Iraq's second largest city Mosul during its rapid advance across the country's north and west in June, as Iraqi security forces melted away. The extremists now rule a vast, self-declared caliphate straddling the Syria-Iraq border in which they have imposed a harsh version of Islamic law and beheaded and massacred their opponents.

In the once-diverse city of Mosul, the group has forced religious minorities to convert to Islam, pay special taxes or die, causing tens of thousands to flee. The militants have enforced a strict dress code on women, going so far as to veil the faces of female mannequins in store fronts.

In August, the group destroyed a number of historic landmarks in the town, including several mosques and shrines, claiming they promote apostasy.

The Gulf Center for Human Rights said Wednesday that al-Nuaimi had worked on detainee rights and poverty. The Bahrain-based rights organization said her death "is solely motivated by her peaceful and legitimate human rights work, in particular defending the civil and human rights of her fellow citizens in Mosul."

In the nearby town of Sderat, militants on Tuesday broke into the house of a female candidate in the last provincial council elections, killed her and abducted her husband, the UN also said. On the same day, another female politician was abducted from her home in eastern Mosul and remains missing.

The Islamic State extremists' blitz eventually prompted the United State to launch airstrikes last month, to aid Kurdish forces and protect religious minorities in Iraq.

This week, the U.S. and five allied Arab states expanded the aerial campaign into Syria, where the militant group is battling President Bashar Assad's forces as well as Western-backed rebels.

Nearly a dozen countries have also provided weapons and training to Kurdish peshmerga fighters, who were strained after months of battling the jihadi group.

In other developments Thursday, German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen visited northern Iraq for talks with Kurdish leaders about the fight against Islamic State extremists and Berlin's efforts to help with arms deliveries.

Thursday also marked the start of German arms deliveries to the semi-autonomous Kurdish region, with the ultimate goal of supplying 10,000 Kurdish fighters with some 70 million euros ($90 million) worth of equipment.

Source
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-28 17:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Obama: US misjudged Iraqi army, militants' threat

Kurdish Peshmerga fighters stand guard with their weapons as they patrol the front line with the Islamic State group in Kirkuk, 290 kilometers (180 miles) north of Baghdad, Iraq, Saturday, Sept. 27, 2014.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama said in an interview airing Sunday that he agrees with intelligence leaders who believe the United States not only underestimated the threat of militants seeking to form the Islamic State group but also overestimated the ability and will of the Iraqi army to fight.

Obama spoke with CBS' "60 Minutes." The network released excerpts ahead of time. In the interview, Obama was asked how Islamic State group fighters were able to control so much land in Syria and Iraq. He said that during the war in Iraq, U.S. military forces with the help of Iraq's Sunni tribes were able to quash al-Qaida fighters, who went "back underground."

"During the chaos of the Syrian civil war, where essentially you have huge swaths of the country that are completely ungoverned, they were able to reconstitute themselves and take advantage of that chaos," Obama said.

In the "60 Minutes" interview, Obama called Syria ground zero for jihadis around the world. He said military force is necessary to shrink their capacity, cut off financing and eliminate the flow of foreign fighters. He has appeared less adamant about the threat in the past. In an interview published early this year by The New Yorker, the president appeared to minimize the Islamic State group militants by comparing it to a junior varsity basketball team. The White House at the time said he was speaking about a different threat posed by a range of extremists across the world.

The White House emphasized on several talk shows Sunday that the war against Islamic State group militants would not involve returning U.S. combat troops to the Middle East.

But House Speaker John Boehner said in an interview on ABC's "This Week" that some ground troops will be needed.

He said the U.S. and allies may be able to train those Iraqi and moderate Syrian opposition forces and get them on the battlefield. However, if others don't step up with ground troops, then the U.S. will have "no choice" about putting boots on the ground.

"They intend to kill us. And if we don't destroy them first, we're gonna pay the price," Boehner said.

Boehner's comments were quickly dismissed on CBS's "Face the Nation" by the president's deputy national security adviser, Tony Blinken.

"We're not gonna repeat what we did before. Hundreds of thousands of Americans on the ground in the Middle East getting bogged down, that's exactly what al-Qaida wants," Blinken said. "That's not what we're gonna do."

The White House has said Obama had the power to authorize airstrikes in Iraq and Syria, and Boehner agreed. However, he also believes a resolution authorizing use of force should be taken up by Congress. He promised to bring lawmakers back to Washington if Obama were to seek such a resolution.

"We have the existing authorization from 2001. That's the basis for proceeding," Blinken said. "But we'd certainly welcome Congress showing its support."

Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., said on CNN that a resolution from Congress is an important check to prevent a war without end.

"I'm certainly willing to support an authorization," Murphy said. "But I think we need to hear more from the president as to what that endgame strategy is."

Obama also stressed that defeating the militants will require a two-part plan. He said political solutions are also needed in the Middle East that accommodate both Sunnis and Shiites. He said conflicts between Islam's two largest sects are the biggest cause of conflict throughout the world.

Source
By Blazed1979 2014-09-28 17:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

UAE's Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai outlines long term strategy to defeat extremism:
Quote:
The intellectual battle against ISIS

The world must unite behind a holistic drive to discredit the ideology that gives the extremists their power

Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum

The global financial crisis taught the world how profoundly interdependent our economies have become. In today’s crisis of extremism, we must recognise that we are just as interdependent for our security, as is clear in the current struggle to defeat ISIS.

If we are to prevent ISIS from teaching us this lesson the hard way, we must acknowledge that we cannot extinguish the fires of fanaticism by force alone. The world must unite behind a holistic drive to discredit the ideology that gives the extremists their power, and to restore hope and dignity to those whom they would recruit.

ISIS certainly can and will be defeated militarily by the international coalition that is now assembling and which the UAE is actively supporting. But military containment is only a partial solution. Lasting peace requires three bigger ingredients: Winning the intellectual battle; upgrading weak governance; and grassroots human development.

Such a solution must begin with concerted international political will. Not a single politician in North America, Europe, Africa, or Asia can afford to ignore events in the Middle East. A globalised threat requires a globalised response. Everyone will feel the heat, because such flames know no borders; indeed, ISIS has recruited members of at least 80 nationalities.

ISIS is a barbaric and brutal organisation. It represents neither Islam nor humanity’s most basic values. Nonetheless, it has emerged, spread, and resisted those who oppose it. What we are fighting is not just a terrorist organisation, but the embodiment of a malicious ideology that must be defeated intellectually.

I consider this ideology to be the greatest danger that the world will face in the next decade. Its seeds are growing in Europe, the United States, Asia, and elsewhere. With its twisted religious overtones, this pre-packaged franchise of hate is available for any terrorist group to adopt. It carries the power to mobilise thousands of desperate, vindictive, or angry young people and use them to strike at the foundations of civilisation.

The ideology fuelling ISIS has much in common with that of Al Qaeda and its affiliates in Nigeria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Yemen, North Africa, and the Arabian Peninsula. What most worries me is that a decade ago, such an ideology was all that Al Qaeda needed to destabilise the world, even from a primitive base in the caves of Afghanistan. Today, under ISIS, adherents have access to technology, finance, a huge land base, and an international jihadist network. Far from being defeated, their ideology of rage and hate has become stricter, more pernicious, and more widespread.

The destruction of terrorist groups is not enough to bring lasting peace. We must also strike at the root to deprive their dangerous ideology of the power to rise again among people left vulnerable by an environment of hopelessness and desperation. And, on this note, let us be positive.

The solution has three components. The first is to counter malignant ideas with enlightened thinking, open minds, and an attitude of tolerance and acceptance. This approach arises from our Islamic religion, which calls for peace, honours life, values dignity, promotes human development, and directs us to do good to others.

Only one thing can stop a suicidal youth who is ready to die for ISIS: a stronger ideology that guides him onto the right path and convinces him that God created us to improve our world, not to destroy it. Credit is due to our neighbours in Saudi Arabia in this field for their successes in de-radicalising many young people through counselling centres and programmes. In this battle of minds, it is thinkers and scientists of spiritual and intellectual stature among Muslims who are best placed to lead the charge.

The second component is support for governments’ efforts to create stable institutions that can deliver real services to their people. It should be clear to everyone that the rapid growth of ISIS was fuelled by two governments’ failings: the first one made war on its own people, and the second one promoted sectarian division. When governments fail to address instability, legitimate grievances, and persistent serious challenges, they create an ideal environment for hateful ideologies to incubate — and for terrorist organisations to fill the vacuum of legitimacy.

The final component is to address urgently the black holes in human development that afflict many areas of the Middle East. This is not only an Arab responsibility, but also an international responsibility, because providing grassroots opportunity and a better quality of life for the people of this region is guaranteed to ameliorate our shared problems of instability and conflict. We have a critical need for long-term projects and initiatives to eliminate poverty, improve education and health, build infrastructure, and create economic opportunities. Sustainable development is the most sustainable answer to terrorism.

Our region is home to more than 200 million young people. We have the opportunity to inspire them with hope and to direct their energies toward improving their lives and the lives of those around them. If we fail, we will abandon them to emptiness, unemployment, and the malicious ideologies of terrorism.

Every day that we take a step toward delivering economic development, creating jobs, and raising standards of living, we undermine the ideologies of fear and hate that feed on hopelessness. We starve terrorist organisations of their reason to exist.

I am optimistic, because I know that the people of the Middle East possess a power of hope and a desire for stability and prosperity that are stronger and more enduring than opportunistic and destructive ideas. There is no power stronger than that of hope for a better life.

Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is Vice-President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-28 17:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

you cant defeat something like this by half assing it. Many don't seem to realize that. Its only going to drag on forever at high costs like that. - If you want a chance at success you need extreme and overwhelming force on a global level. Enough to get in and get the majority of it done and fast. Other wise it will continue to drag on.. - The one headline of 'air strikes only' will not get the job done. It never was going to. Trouble is ppl don't care anymore and don't want to commit to something.
 Cerberus.Lynchilles
Server: Cerberus
user: collapse
By Cerberus.Lynchilles 2014-09-28 19:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Step 1: ship Charles Manson to Sierra Leone.
Step 2: let him go hang out for a few hours and pick up a freindly disease called Eboli.
Step 3: ship Charles Manson off on a one-way ticket to North Eastern Syria with a new tattoo on his forehead that says: American Journalist!
Step 4: enjoy the barbaric beheading of Charles Manson on Al Jazeera.
Step 5: Profit
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-28 22:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
you cant defeat something like this by half assing it. Many don't seem to realize that. Its only going to drag on forever at high costs like that. - If you want a chance at success you need extreme and overwhelming force on a global level. Enough to get in and get the majority of it done and fast. Other wise it will continue to drag on.. - The one headline of 'air strikes only' will not get the job done. It never was going to. Trouble is ppl don't care anymore and don't want to commit to something.
You can't fight fire with fire.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-28 23:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

that statement is so ignorant that im actually not sure which response i want to to use...
My general sarcastic response of 'yea, clearly prayer is the way to go here'
Or one of common sense; you clearly have fought a wild fire before. Ya know, the ones where they start using fire of there own to help control the wild fire'
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 00:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You can, actually.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-29 00:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You can, actually.
With wildfires, sure, controlled burn.

But what GoGs is implying, is the only way to defeat radicals is to be even more radical, and with more people.

It's been done before, and continues to spiral into having more aggressive radicals down the road.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-29 00:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

that statement is so ignorant that im actually not sure which response i want to to use...
My general sarcastic response of 'yea, clearly prayer is the way to go here'
Or one of common sense; you clearly have fought a wild fire before. Ya know, the ones where they start using fire of there own to help control the wild fire'
Using brute force over and over again and expecting different results is refereed to as insanity.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-29 00:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is that the general public has no idea what it takes to win anything short of a total war. They don't want their own people dying, but they want the government to "do something about it" when it comes to these terrorists. If we do end up with soldiers on the ground they're limited by the Geneva Convention, which is great in theory except it's something only the "good guys" tend to use anyway. So we end up in a situation where the only people who can get the job done are soldiers hamstrung by laws that only apply to them and by a commander-in-chief that, due to the nature of his job, will always be more interested in the politics of war than doing what it takes to win one.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 00:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Using brute force over and over again and expecting different results is refereed to as insanity.

Actually it isn't, misquoting ftl though.

You can, actually.
With wildfires, sure, controlled burn.

But what GoGs is implying, is the only way to defeat radicals is to be even more radical, and with more people.

It's been done before, and continues to spiral into having more aggressive radicals down the road.

That's not what he's saying at all.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-29 00:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

World War III. Let's git r done already.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14