Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-10-08 03:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

maldini said: »
Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Kurds using suicide bombing tactics /shocked!!!
That means the situation is really really bad... the kurds aren't the kind of people that believe in all that garbage.. I'm really shocked.
The situation: IS entered the city from 3 sides.
There are 2 major effects due to that:
-The gap in fighting ability is more evened now for the Kurdish fighters (big plus on short term)
-IS will be hard to drive out of the city if a ounteroffensive is possible (medium minus on mid term)
IS outnumbers the Kurdish people by around 3:1
Kurdish officers estimate only a few more days of resistance (on normal course this will be longer, but depends on if IS finds the tunnels)

They do know though that IS soldiers believe getting killed by a woman denies the entry to their paradise and the Kurdish fighters make use of it.
I was reading your post seriously until that underlined part. There's no such belief.
Looks like that rumor started from a Wall st. Journal article where a Kurdish solider claimed that.
female myth ISIS
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-10-08 04:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Read that as well before, there is nothing that disproves that in that link though. It just builds up a second image of specific woman.
Of course the source for it is on the Kurdish side, we simply do not have sources on IS side.

The faith of IS fighters is not homogeneous. There are some who are unsure because the Koran does not state it if getting killed by a woman changes anything. The hardcore faction might be unaffected by it, but the people forced to fight by their clan chefs or the higly illusionised europeans are on a different page.
Will it cause IS guys tot hrow away their weapons when they see a woman? No. But it is reported that it has minor effects like slowing down the advance of single IS troops a little, that they wait for armored backup ect. Those are valuable enough things.
The longer the lie/uncertainty remains on the battlefield, the effects will grow.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-10-08 07:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Last Thursday, the United Nations released a report that could provide us with one of the keys to defeating ISIS. Unfortunately, it received almost zero media attention.

What makes this 26-page report (PDF) so powerful is that it describes to us the gruesome circumstances in which ISIS has killed fellow Muslims. We are talking beheadings, killing of women for objecting to ISIS’ policies, and executing Sunni Muslim clerics for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS.

Why is this important? This information can hopefully help dissuade other Muslims from joining or financially supporting ISIS. And it may even persuade other Muslim countries to join or increase their efforts in fighting ISIS. The reason being that slaughtering fellow Muslims is seen as universally wrong across the Muslim world and as a violation of Islamic values. In fact, Al Qaeda has even publicly criticized ISIS for this very conduct.

Now the report also details ISIS’ horrific actions against Christians, Yazidis, and other minorities. But these events—along with the grisly beheadings of American journalists and Western aid workers- have been covered extensively by our media.

The killing of Muslims has not, and part of the reason may be because we lacked facts surrounding those events. After all, ISIS releases videos of its gruesome actions that it wants the world media to discuss but doesn’t publicize events it understands can hurt its cause.

This report changes that. It provides us with evidence we were missing about the specifics of ISIS’ actions towards Muslims. This investigation, undertaken by UN’s Human Rights Office together with the UN’s Assistance Mission for Iraq, conducted more than 500 interviews with witnesses and visited locations across Iraq to examine how many civilians were killed in Iraq between July and September of this year.

What did the UN find? ISIS had “carried out attacks deliberately and systematically targeting civilians and civilian infrastructure, with the intention of killing and wounding civilians.” The UN concluded that in the first eight months of 2014, at least 9,347 civilians had been killed and at least 17,386 wounded. While all these deaths are not attributable to ISIS alone, ISIS is identified as the primary actor. (The report also documents what could be considered war crimes committed by the Iraqi military.)

Here are a few examples from the report to give you an idea of the way ISIS has methodically slaughtered Muslims:

-On September 5, ISIS executed three Sunni women in Mosul. What was their “crime”? They refused to provide medical care to ISIS fighters.
- On September 9, ISIS executed a Sunni Imam in western Mosul for refusing to swear loyalty to ISIS.
- On August 2, a man from the Salah ad Din province was abducted and beheaded for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS.
-On August 19, a female Muslim doctor south of Mosul was killed for organizing a protest to object to ISIS’ mandate that female doctors cover their faces with religious veils when treating patients
-On August 31, 19 Sunni Muslim men were executed in Saadiya for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS.
-On July 22, a Sunni Imam in Eastern Baquba was killed for simply denouncing ISIS.
-On September 9, ISIS executed two Muslim women by shooting them in the back of the head. Their exact “crime” was not known.

And the list goes on from ISIS slaughtering 1,500 Iraqi soldiers in June to blowing up numerous Sunni mosques because apparently the leaders of those mosques refused to swear loyalty to ISIS.

Here’s the thing: The leaders of ISIS are very aware that the killing of fellow Muslims—especially Sunnis- could hurt their cause in attracting support from the Sunni Muslim world. In fact, ISIS is so concerned about the possible backlash that the group’s leaders addressed this subject (PDF) in the latest issue of its online magazine.

The leaders of ISIS are very aware that the killing of fellow Muslims—especially Sunnis- could hurt their cause in attracting support from the Sunni Muslim world.
In between its threats against Obama and promises of a great life for Muslims in their new so-called caliphate, ISIS offered justifications for killing fellow Muslims. For example, they claim that some Muslims ambushed ISIS fighters, took them hostage and “and then tortured, amputated, and executed prisoners.” They even alleged that some of the Sunni Muslims they killed were “drowning” in alcohol and drugs and had more than four wives.

But when you read the details of the UN report, you realize the common thread in ISIS’ killings of Muslims has nothing to do with Islam. It has to do with absolute power. It doesn’t matter if you are a Sunni cleric or a Christian woman, your choice is to submit to ISIS or die.

I wish the media would give more coverage to ISIS’ crimes against Muslims. The publicity would hurt the group’s cause tremendously, and it could also make the case to my fellow Americas that this fight is not Islam versus the West. Rather, it’s everyone who doesn’t want to live under ISIS’ brutal dictatorship versus ISIS.

And those Muslims who gave their lives fighting against or refusing to give into ISIS in our common struggle should be recognized in the media for their bravery. It would be very powerful to see images in our media of the Muslims killed by ISIS, not just Westerners.

Going forward in our war against ISIS, sadly we will likely see more gruesome acts perpetrated by them against Americans. These acts will understandably receive extensive media coverage.

But that is only one part of the story in our fight versus ISIS. The Muslims being slaughtered by ISIS on a daily basis is the other, bigger part. And it’s this other part of the story that might just hold the key to defeating ISIS.

Source
By maldini 2014-10-08 08:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Quote:
Last Thursday, the United Nations released a report that could provide us with one of the keys to defeating ISIS. Unfortunately, it received almost zero media attention.

What makes this 26-page report (PDF) so powerful is that it describes to us the gruesome circumstances in which ISIS has killed fellow Muslims. We are talking beheadings, killing of women for objecting to ISIS’ policies, and executing Sunni Muslim clerics for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS.

Why is this important? This information can hopefully help dissuade other Muslims from joining or financially supporting ISIS. And it may even persuade other Muslim countries to join or increase their efforts in fighting ISIS. The reason being that slaughtering fellow Muslims is seen as universally wrong across the Muslim world and as a violation of Islamic values. In fact, Al Qaeda has even publicly criticized ISIS for this very conduct.

Now the report also details ISIS’ horrific actions against Christians, Yazidis, and other minorities. But these events—along with the grisly beheadings of American journalists and Western aid workers- have been covered extensively by our media.

The killing of Muslims has not, and part of the reason may be because we lacked facts surrounding those events. After all, ISIS releases videos of its gruesome actions that it wants the world media to discuss but doesn’t publicize events it understands can hurt its cause.

This report changes that. It provides us with evidence we were missing about the specifics of ISIS’ actions towards Muslims. This investigation, undertaken by UN’s Human Rights Office together with the UN’s Assistance Mission for Iraq, conducted more than 500 interviews with witnesses and visited locations across Iraq to examine how many civilians were killed in Iraq between July and September of this year.

What did the UN find? ISIS had “carried out attacks deliberately and systematically targeting civilians and civilian infrastructure, with the intention of killing and wounding civilians.” The UN concluded that in the first eight months of 2014, at least 9,347 civilians had been killed and at least 17,386 wounded. While all these deaths are not attributable to ISIS alone, ISIS is identified as the primary actor. (The report also documents what could be considered war crimes committed by the Iraqi military.)

Here are a few examples from the report to give you an idea of the way ISIS has methodically slaughtered Muslims:

-On September 5, ISIS executed three Sunni women in Mosul. What was their “crime”? They refused to provide medical care to ISIS fighters.
- On September 9, ISIS executed a Sunni Imam in western Mosul for refusing to swear loyalty to ISIS.
- On August 2, a man from the Salah ad Din province was abducted and beheaded for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS.
-On August 19, a female Muslim doctor south of Mosul was killed for organizing a protest to object to ISIS’ mandate that female doctors cover their faces with religious veils when treating patients
-On August 31, 19 Sunni Muslim men were executed in Saadiya for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS.
-On July 22, a Sunni Imam in Eastern Baquba was killed for simply denouncing ISIS.
-On September 9, ISIS executed two Muslim women by shooting them in the back of the head. Their exact “crime” was not known.

And the list goes on from ISIS slaughtering 1,500 Iraqi soldiers in June to blowing up numerous Sunni mosques because apparently the leaders of those mosques refused to swear loyalty to ISIS.

Here’s the thing: The leaders of ISIS are very aware that the killing of fellow Muslims—especially Sunnis- could hurt their cause in attracting support from the Sunni Muslim world. In fact, ISIS is so concerned about the possible backlash that the group’s leaders addressed this subject (PDF) in the latest issue of its online magazine.

The leaders of ISIS are very aware that the killing of fellow Muslims—especially Sunnis- could hurt their cause in attracting support from the Sunni Muslim world.
In between its threats against Obama and promises of a great life for Muslims in their new so-called caliphate, ISIS offered justifications for killing fellow Muslims. For example, they claim that some Muslims ambushed ISIS fighters, took them hostage and “and then tortured, amputated, and executed prisoners.” They even alleged that some of the Sunni Muslims they killed were “drowning” in alcohol and drugs and had more than four wives.

But when you read the details of the UN report, you realize the common thread in ISIS’ killings of Muslims has nothing to do with Islam. It has to do with absolute power. It doesn’t matter if you are a Sunni cleric or a Christian woman, your choice is to submit to ISIS or die.

I wish the media would give more coverage to ISIS’ crimes against Muslims. The publicity would hurt the group’s cause tremendously, and it could also make the case to my fellow Americas that this fight is not Islam versus the West. Rather, it’s everyone who doesn’t want to live under ISIS’ brutal dictatorship versus ISIS.

And those Muslims who gave their lives fighting against or refusing to give into ISIS in our common struggle should be recognized in the media for their bravery. It would be very powerful to see images in our media of the Muslims killed by ISIS, not just Westerners.

Going forward in our war against ISIS, sadly we will likely see more gruesome acts perpetrated by them against Americans. These acts will understandably receive extensive media coverage.

But that is only one part of the story in our fight versus ISIS. The Muslims being slaughtered by ISIS on a daily basis is the other, bigger part. And it’s this other part of the story that might just hold the key to defeating ISIS.

Source

In b4 Jet,Kingofsh!t,Vic, tenshi and Ram: "let them kill all the muslims and each other"
By maldini 2014-10-08 08:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Read that as well before, there is nothing that disproves that in that link though. It just builds up a second image of specific woman.
Of course the source for it is on the Kurdish side, we simply do not have sources on IS side.

The faith of IS fighters is not homogeneous. There are some who are unsure because the Koran does not state it if getting killed by a woman changes anything. The hardcore faction might be unaffected by it, but the people forced to fight by their clan chefs or the higly illusionised europeans are on a different page.
Will it cause IS guys tot hrow away their weapons when they see a woman? No. But it is reported that it has minor effects like slowing down the advance of single IS troops a little, that they wait for armored backup ect. Those are valuable enough things.
The longer the lie/uncertainty remains on the battlefield, the effects will grow.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would be that ignorant.
However, having said that -If any in ISIS are indeed that ignorant, it would be consistent with their overall ignorance of Islam, and general ignorance as human beings. One doesn't need to be Muslim to understand what they are doing is absolutely evil and an abomination.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-10-08 08:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it hard to believe that anyone would be that ignorant.

it will get easier for you the longer you hang out in P&R.
stay a little longer... or go walk around a walmart...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-08 10:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

In b4 Jet,Kingofsh!t,Vic, tenshi and Ram: "let them kill all the muslims and each other"
Why include Ramyrez and I in your little tirade?

I don't condone genocide, and I'm pretty sure Ramyrez doesn't either. That's probably why neither of us are that religious at all, seeing how most religions condone (and even encourage) mass genocide.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-08 11:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I don't condone genocide, and I'm pretty sure Ramyrez doesn't either. That's probably why neither of us are that religious at all, seeing how most religions condone (and even encourage) mass genocide.

No one has supported committing genocide and "most" religions don't condone that, however the popular ones do (Abhramic 3), and definitely nobody has said "kill all the Muslims" but go on thinking that if it helps you sleep better at night.

(The bold part is for the KN reply).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-08 11:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
No one has supported committing genocide and "most" religions don't condone that, however the popular ones do (Abhramic 3)
Christianity can be attributed to the Holocaust (not as the cause, but an indirect attribute towards a radical's (Hitler) viewpoint of what the religion portrays). While the church didn't accept it, it has happened and a society (Most Germans 1937-1945) did accept it.

Every religion has it's own version of a holy war in history where they are out to kill another religion or society.

It may not be acceptable today, that doesn't mean that it wasn't acceptable at one point in time.

It's just that today's the Muslim's holy war against other religions and cultures.
By Ramyrez 2014-10-08 14:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to see anyone killing anyone. I want to see religion go away peacefully as people worldwide come to the realization that it's okay to be decent to each other for reasons other than the fear of divine retribution.

I may look down upon religion as a whole, and become exasperated with the people who push it, or people who base policy upon it, but as long as people aren't using their religion as a reason to hurt others (which ISIS is currently doing), I'm not interested in violence of any kind outside of that seen in video games, movies, etc. in a clearly-fictitious fashion.

May I go over the top sometimes insulting religion in trying to make a case against it? Yes. It's the internet. I'm not a perfect person and like anyone on the internet I get carried away in my arguments sometimes.

But DO not put words into my mouth, or take any sarcastic one-off comment I make as a condoning of violence because of religion, race, color, or creed.

I do think ISIS needs wiped out, but that has nothing to do with their religion, it has to do with their actions, and I have been quite reticent to express a desire regarding armed action toward them even still, because I know that there will innevitably be -- and already have been -- innocents harmed because they're cowards who hide behind citizens...further cementing their status as scum.

But I do not think them representative of all Muslims. I think of most Muslims the same way I think of most Christians or Jews or whatever other practicing religious folk; otherwise good people with a head full of outdated dogma.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-10-08 14:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

They publish an online magazine? Bet Cosmo is quaking in its boots.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-08 19:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No one has supported committing genocide and "most" religions don't condone that, however the popular ones do (Abhramic 3)
Christianity can be attributed to the Holocaust (not as the cause, but an indirect attribute towards a radical's (Hitler) viewpoint of what the religion portrays). While the church didn't accept it, it has happened and a society (Most Germans 1937-1945) did accept it.

Every religion has it's own version of a holy war in history where they are out to kill another religion or society.

It may not be acceptable today, that doesn't mean that it wasn't acceptable at one point in time.

It's just that today's the Muslim's holy war against other religions and cultures.

The Catholic church endorsed Hitler's regime and even helped hide and free some of the leaders of the group at the end of the war. Hell the Pope (before he was the Pope) celebrated the dude's birthday, and this was while he was starting to do shady ***, not quite into the war yet though, and since Catholicism is a sect of Christianity well...

My point was referenced however to the misnomer of "most religions" while I would agree population wise you're right, but as far as the majority of religions (regardless of practicing numbers) go, I wouldn't make that assertion, as there's thousands of them and well to be frank I'm only even partially familiar with about a dozen, two tops.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-08 19:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pope Hitler.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-09 11:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The Catholic church endorsed Hitler's regime and even helped hide and free some of the leaders of the group at the end of the war. Hell the Pope (before he was the Pope) celebrated the dude's birthday, and this was while he was starting to do shady ***, not quite into the war yet though, and since Catholicism is a sect of Christianity well...

My point was referenced however to the misnomer of "most religions" while I would agree population wise you're right, but as far as the majority of religions (regardless of practicing numbers) go, I wouldn't make that assertion, as there's thousands of them and well to be frank I'm only even partially familiar with about a dozen, two tops.
I guess you are correct.

I should have said the top religions based by historical and societal practices have committed a holy war at least once in their history.

Buddhism too (Just look at Chinese history to see a couple of holy wars in the name of Buddhism)
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-11 15:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Key Iraqi region pleads for US ground troops

Leaders of a key Iraqi region began asking U.S. ground troops to help hold off advances from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

Sabah Al-Karhout, president of the Anbar Provincial Council, told CNN Saturday that the situation in the Western region is “very bad.” And Falleh al-Issawi, deputy head of the council, said the region was seeking immediate help from Iraq’s central government, as well as a plea for U.S. ground forces.

The Iraqi government has thus far resisted any attempt to bring U.S. troops back into Iraq, and the Iraqi government said it has not received an official request from Anbar on that front.

"If we receive any request, we will look into it and we will give our recommendation, but thus far we have not received any request," the office said in a statement.

CNN reported that ISIS troops have been making gains in the Anbar region for the last several weeks, despite targeted airstrikes from a U.S.-led coalition. Reports suggested that Haditha, the last large city in Anbar not under ISIS control, had now been surrounded, and ISIS troops are estimated to control 80 percent of the province.

If ISIS succeeds in taking full control of Anbar, it will control territory that brings it close to the capital city of Baghdad. Iraqi troops and Anbar tribesmen fighting ISIS have threatened to abandon their efforts if the U.S. military does not intervene, according to al-Issawi.

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel had warned Friday that the Anbar region was in danger, and a senior U.S. defense official told CNN Iraqi troops are “up against the wall” in the province.

Source
By Blazed1979 2014-10-11 15:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm struggling to understand how ISIL/ISIS/DAESH are able to fight on so many fronts against so many different enemies and still make advances.
Their size should make them easily targets.

Anyone with military experience want to to chime in here and explain how the effing hell are ISIS beating everyone?!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-11 16:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They aren't beating the US because the US isn't exactly doing much.

Dropping bombs isn't the same as fighting skirmishes....
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-10-11 16:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Not the US.

But Hezbullah, Al Qaeda, Jabhat Al Nusra, Iraqi Military supported by the US and Iran, the Kurds, The Syrian military...they're all fighting ISIS and getting their butts kicked.

Hezbullah alone should be able to wipe the floor with them but they've lost 2 different skirmishes to them.

I just don't understand how any of this is possible. Especially when they have the US supporting everyone opposing them with air support and cover.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-11 16:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Derp. They advanced quite a bit in Sirya(up to Turkey's borders?) and Iraq, so they are indeed showing some decency at military operations.
What Blazed was asking is probably why the above mentioned states haven't been able to stop em.

edit: beaten!
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-11 16:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Motivation is a good start. Ppl dont want to get involved or get there hands dirty anymore. (Not to say everyone should be motivated to always fight. But sometimes it gets to a point were its called for.)

Where as radicals to the degree of ISIS are more then willing to fight. They want to. And they apparently have they supplies and means to back it up. Combined with a enemy with low/no moral.. some times thats all it takes.

Or if you need a historical perspective to how ppl in shamble can rise in military strength to threaten the world, just read up on Germany state after WW1 up to WW2. A country in shambles to a near globally dominate power. - It can happen
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-11 16:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta kinda agree there. If dropping a few bombs was enough to get the job done, i would imagine somewhere along the line someone, somewhere would have come up with that idea a looooooooooong time ago...
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-10-11 16:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Motivation is a good start. Ppl dont want to get involved or get there hands dirty anymore. (Not to say everyone should be motivated to always fight. But sometimes it gets to a point were its called for.)

Where as radicals to the degree of ISIS are more then willing to fight. They want to. And they apparently have they supplies and means to back it up. Combined with a enemy with low/no moral.. some times thats all it takes.

Or if you need a historical perspective to how ppl in shamble can rise in military strength to threaten the world, just read up on Germany state after WW1 up to WW2. A country in shambles to a near globally dominate power. - It can happen

Post WW1 Germany =/= ISIL.
Motivation wise, I'm pretty sure staying alive is the better motivation.
None of this makes any sense at all (not your post) but the current situation.

And its not just dropping bombs, there are troops on the ground. Not american troops, but american trained troops.

And Hezbullah has fought both military powers such as Israel as well as militias such as the ones in Syria. You would think any skirmish between Hezbullah and ISIL would result in a good *** whooping for ISIL. But we're seeing the complete opposite.

I'm actually starting to worry.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-11 18:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Post WW1 Germany =/= ISIL.

Never said the Germany=Isis. Mearly showing an example of a group of ppl that were beaten and destroyed with very little left were able to rise to the power that Germany rose to in ww2.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-10-12 16:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

Not the US.

But Hezbullah, Al Qaeda, Jabhat Al Nusra, Iraqi Military supported by the US and Iran, the Kurds, The Syrian military...they're all fighting ISIS and getting their butts kicked.

Hezbullah alone should be able to wipe the floor with them but they've lost 2 different skirmishes to them.

I just don't understand how any of this is possible. Especially when they have the US supporting everyone opposing them with air support and cover.
I've been thinking the same, especially regarding Al-Nusra front. They should be superior in terms of numbers and arms. Something is indeed missing and no wonder there are a lot of conspiracy theories regarding ISIS's origins/leadership/objective.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-12 17:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Iraqs army is undisciplined, corrupt and fleeing ISIS rather than focusing on concerted offensive. Officers are paying off other officers to avoid combat and this mountain of sand is being held up by the US and her allies.

Many Iraqi soldiers don't feel loyalty to a unified nation but to local villages, religious sects and personal ends. Without the unified desire to 'protect' the country, efforts amount to being chesspieces for the US and Iran. Pretty ineffective ones. Combine this with your superior officers ducking duty and......

The Iraqi gummint is being harassed by well trained and disciplined ISIS fighters and suicide attacks. They're being pincer'd leaving them without momentum. As if the Iraqi government needed more on their plate after the clear sectarian issues that plagued it. Divided we fall indeed.

The Kurds are fighting the good fight but primarily concerned with holding Kurdish territory, not defeating ISIS abroad. Thought they're most definitely high up on the totem pole of 'people to genocide', they alone can't stop ISIS.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-12 17:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Toss in that people are joining ISIS because they look like the clear winners right now with something to show for their jihad rather than what Al-Qaeda specialized in (covert, underground) and you've got one helluva recruitment drive. Who wants to join a boring organization when you can decapitate people and put their heads on pikes?

I'd go link a jihadist recruitment video here but I like not getting a visit from our local, neighborhood FBI agents who've come to steal all my porn data. Just use your imagination if you're a rudderless, young, impressionable person looking to 'do something' fro a higher power, or just some dude with a really long beard and see how attractive this is internationally.

Worse still if you're religiously motivated.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-12 18:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Iraqs army is undisciplined, corrupt and fleeing ISIS rather than focusing on concerted offensive. Officers are paying off other officers to avoid combat and this mountain of sand is being held up by the US and her allies.

Many Iraqi soldiers don't feel loyalty to a unified nation but to local villages, religious sects and personal ends. Without the unified desire to 'protect' the country, efforts amount to being chesspieces for the US and Iran. Pretty ineffective ones. Combine this with your superior officers ducking duty and......

The Iraqi gummint is being harassed by well trained and disciplined ISIS fighters and suicide attacks. They're being pincer'd leaving them without momentum. As if the Iraqi government needed more on their plate after the clear sectarian issues that plagued it. Divided we fall indeed.

The Kurds are fighting the good fight but primarily concerned with holding Kurdish territory, not defeating ISIS abroad. Thought they're most definitely high up on the totem pole of 'people to genocide', they alone can't stop ISIS.
What about the siryan side?
By Blazed1979 2014-10-13 17:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

@Sparthos pretty well thought out response. I agree with most of it, but I would just add "Hezbullah".

By no means are Hezbullah a militia lacking tenacity, loyalty to their cause or experience. In 60 years of wars between the Israelis and the Arabs, they and the PLO are the only ones to have ever managed to not get obliterated. Hezbullah has even achieved several skirmish victories when they're on equal ground. Hezbullah aren't a joke. They should have wiped out ISIS in maximum a week.

I can understand the lack of unity of the Iraqi military. But that doesn't apply to Iran and its loyal militias on the ground.

The only thing I can say for Syria is they probably want to prolong the situation. It keeps the US and the rest of the region off its back, and focused on ISIS. The syrian regime knows its days are numbered, and when ISIS falls, they're next. So the longer ISIS are around, the more time they have to do w/e it is they're planning.

Its still not making any sense. ISIS cannot be that strong. Maybe the coalition against ISIS is hesitant to see large civilian collateral damage. That might/could explain it. Maybe they're dealing with this issue with soft gloves and don't want pics of dead Iraqi children all over the news, fueling another decade of certain demographics (usually loners, isolated and unsuccessful youth looking to blame someone for their failings) becoming radicalized.

A lot of these western ISIS people are youth with similar lifestyles and values...for the most part they're "wiggers" as derogatory as that sounds I can't find another term to describe them... just a bunch of wannabes that aren't from the "hood" and want to appear to look tough and hard.

Hiphop is bad. Strike that. Modern hiphop is bad. I don't mean to sound like an evangelical crusader (i listened to hip hop when i was a kid but i grew out of it), but a lot of these kid believe their own ***. I've often held the view that hiphop promotes some *** values and beliefs. Its chauvinistic, pretentious and crude. "Holy islamic warriors" rapping about their "battles" - the little kids wanna grow up so they go to "jihad". They're absolute trash and ignorant. I hate them more than any american could because they've hijacked my religion and culture.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-13 17:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently they use US Ranger tactics
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Jaggerjack
user: voiceless
By Bahamut.Jaggerjack 2014-10-28 10:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

The speaker in this video is baised and full of sheet We clearley dont want mentally sick people on the ground killing and raping 14 years old girls nope go away America don't interfere on the ground.
Google Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi. Now this is clearley a good chance for Arab countries to interfere and stop *** licking amurica
We have to figure it out not only talk ***and act minor NO stand up and stop talking ***we Arabs are psychologically defeated and America's solutions and the UK always makes it worse hence the palestinian conflict the Ahwaz conflict the bombings of iraq to catch saddam Creating Division and religious sect war Enough Said.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14