Execute Woman - Starving & Abusing 9-year-old

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15
By Demoncard 2014-09-18 10:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Seems like the Death Penalty was reinstated just for this.

Father of the boy who allowed this to happen should have also received it, instead of life in prison with parole in 30 years.
Reinstatement for a measure that's always been in place?

The father isn't mentioned, but given the time period in which the crime happened, it's safe to assume he didn't have custody or visiting rights, or he's dead. The woman's girlfriend isn't a father, if that's what you thought.

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Justice has nothing to do with ending another persons life. You have that confused with vengence.
"Justice isn't vengeance!"

Justice is subjective. Victim's justice is frequently a form of vengeance.

This thread makes me want to puke.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-09-18 10:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

At minimum, ship them off somewhere else lol.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 11:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Asura.Refreshazure said: »
Don't get me wrong: the *** is a waste of oxygen, I know plenty just the same, but as a civilized society we shouldn't be in the business of murder, they're caught and can't harm society anymore, there's no excuse or justification for killing them.

ya it wrong to kill in civilized society and it may cost more but i still think we need to look past that and kill her, child mutilation/murder needs a death sentenced she needs to be in the ground and you cant let that kind of murder go or there may be some one who will mimic her and go "i can get way with it o only get only get life".

Any way back to are back to are regular scheduled drone attacks on muslims
So you're looking past the points that matter in favor of your sick and twisted delusions of justice?

Some of you are just bloodthirsty, it's quite disgusting, and I bet every one of you would be in favor of public executions, and go watch.

You'll gun someone down looking for help on a porch in the middle of the night because you're a coward afraid of what they "might" do, but call us bloodthirsty for wanting to see a *** terrible human being executed for heinous crimes.

What the actual ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 11:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
execution is murder, ergo unjustifiable.

To quote a great philosophy; "But the question of justice has concerned me greatly of late. And I say to any creature who may be listening, there can be no justice so long as laws are absolute."

LOL TNG
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-18 11:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
What the actual ***.

you're obviously too dumb to understand how his unparalleled beautiful mind functions.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 11:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Demoncard said: »

Father of the boy who allowed this to happen should have also received it, instead of life in prison with parole in 30 years.

The father isn't mentioned, but given the time period in which the crime happened, it's safe to assume he didn't have custody or visiting rights, or he's dead. The woman's girlfriend isn't a father, if that's what you thought.

It was suspended from 1972 through 1976.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-18 11:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

In order to stop them we become them!!!!

At least its stopped. Id rather deal with killing the killer and have it stop at 2 deaths rather then let them live and potentially kill again. Making the number far higher then 2.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

To quote a great philosophy; "But the question of justice has concerned me greatly of late. And I say to any creature who may be listening, there can be no justice so long as laws are absolute."
Ah Picard, I really need to start watching that...
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll gun someone down looking for help on a porch in the middle of the night because you're a coward afraid of what they "might" do, but call us bloodthirsty for wanting to see a *** terrible human being executed for heinous crimes.

What the actual ***.
I'd gun somebody down who I think for all intents and purpose is trying to break in, high and trying to do me harm, you're damn straight I will.

You are bloodthirsty as that's what keeps being posted here.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
What the actual ***.

you're obviously too dumb to understand how his unparalleled beautiful mind functions.
^

Talk about being obtuse.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

At least its stopped. Id rather deal with killing the killer and have it stop at 2 deaths rather then let them live and potentially kill again. Making the number far higher then 2.
But it's not stopped, and there is no justice in murder.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-18 11:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah Picard, I really need to start watching that...

YouTube Video Placeholder

ironically appropriate..
By Blazed1979 2014-09-18 11:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What the actual ***.
I'd gun somebody down who I think for all intents and purpose is trying to break in, high and trying to do me harm, you're damn straight I will.

How do you consolidate those two positions?
You kill a thief or intruder but spare the murderer?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 11:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So who kills the one that kills them?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So when are we going to indite Rick Perry for murdering over 200 people in his reign?
By Demoncard 2014-09-18 11:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Irrelevant to the case, then.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-18 11:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The murdering is stopped. Theirs a benefit to living with a potentially guilty conscious... your still living. And so is everyone else she might have ended. - If my conscious is the price to pay to keep some other innocent alive, then so be it.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 11:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not irrelevant to the post you quoted, as that's what was being referenced.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

What the actual ***.

How do you consolidate those two positions?
You kill a thief or intruder but spare the murderer?

You assume that the intruder is a thief, but most likely they're there to do harm to you, most thieves don't break into a known occupied home, home invasions are dangerous and often result in losing life or limb. Self defence is absolute, and about the only time I can think for actually killing somebody on purpose and being fine with it, but I'm sure if we dig, I can find a few other rare instances.

But there's no justice in executions, nothing is being protected, nothing is saved.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-18 11:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Justice has nothing to do with ending another persons life. You have that confused with vengence.
"Justice isn't vengeance!"

Justice is subjective. Victim's justice is frequently a form of vengeance.

This thread makes me want to puke.
Ah, yeah, I misread that part.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The murdering is stopped. Theirs a benefit to living with a potentially guilty conscious... your still living. And so is everyone else she might have ended. - If my conscious is the price to pay to keep some other innocent alive, then so be it.
They're not going to kill other people in maximum security unless the prison is mismanaged, then that is on the prison.

Murdering never ends, there's always another killer, and there's no benefit to killing them. Your sick concepts of "revenge = justice" isn't a benefit.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 11:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Man up and commit to something. Go full pacifism or deal with the fact that these criminals deserve what they get.

Don't half-*** it.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 11:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This is starting to look more and more like a minority report thread...

Kill them for the things they might do!

Your conscious? If we're talking about you actually going out and killing these people to end their specific cycle what's going to stop them from going after you and your family or friends?

there's a reason vigilante justice is dicouraged...
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-18 11:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

No one. It circle back to the justification argument earlier in the thread; of which in not going to retype.

In my mind:
She killed and tortured a child in cold blood. - unjustifiable
Executioner killed her to stop the killing. - justifiable
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-18 11:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Man up and commit to something. Go full pacifism or deal with the fact that these criminals deserve what they get.

Don't half-*** it.
Who gave you the right to determine who lives and dies though? Should we ever even have that right?
By Demoncard 2014-09-18 11:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not irrelevant to the post you quoted, as that's what was being referenced.
He was writing in reference to this case. A suspension period of 4 years 40 years ago has no bearing on this case. Stop grasping.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 11:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Flav are you serious? Do you not see the difference between someone who kills violently and someone who is tasked with disposing such a heinous offender from society? Are you in the 'all soldiers are violent murderers' crowd?

How'd you get through FFXI? Where your character routinely kills bad guys? Put down the controller, murderer. Shoulda slapped the cuffs on the Shadow Lord.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 11:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't half-*** it.
I'm not a pacifist by any means, and whether or not you think they deserved it, or I think they did is irrelevant to the fact that society gains nothing from murdering them in cold blood, regardless of what they've done.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-18 11:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't half-*** it.
Who gave you the right to determine who lives and dies though? Should we ever even have that right?

Humans have been doing that since they first existed.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-18 11:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

He was writing in reference to this case. A suspension period of 4 years 40 years ago has no bearing on this case. Stop grasping.
I wasn't referencing to this case, specifically, but to the acts that have warranted the reinstatement of the death penalty for heinous crimes *like* this.

Stop, think, and pull yourself out of going full retard all the time.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15