Execute Woman - Starving & Abusing 9-year-old

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
execute woman - starving & abusing 9-year-old
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15
By Jetackuu 2014-09-17 18:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Jetackuu said: »
If a guard was killed then it was their own stupidity for placing themselves in that situation, and when was the last time you heard of a prisoner escaping maximum security prison?

This isn't shawshank.
This guy a few days ago:

Although they caught him like 48 hours later or something like that. One of his accomplices in the escape is still out though.
Didn't realize ACI was a maximum security prison.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-17 18:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If a guard was killed then it was their own stupidity for placing themselves in that situation, and when was the last time you heard of a prisoner escaping maximum security prison?

This isn't shawshank.

Its there job to be in that kind of situation.

Have you ever seen the amount of training some of those squads have to go through? Plus countless drills and practicing, and a mass of protective equipment. Why? Because they know that is the situation they are going into and are trying to take every precaution they can. And they have to take such high levels of precautions because those prisoners would gladly kill them.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-17 18:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Put her to death, send her to North Korea, let her rot in prison... I couldn't care less what you do. The state kills people all the time in unjustified wars counter-terrorism special operations around the world, cops kill people everyday. One less state sponsored killing isn't going to make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Give her a gun and set her free in Syria. Call her a moderate rebel. Problem solved.
There's a large difference between a state sponsored killing and a state sponsored murder. As for the latter we as a society are responsible.

Personally I don't like having unjustifiable deaths on my conscience.
Killing and murder are one in the same.

I highly doubt you're going to have trouble sleeping at night when Texas executes this woman.
They aren't though, I lack empathy for people I don't know, so I can't say it will personally bother me, but that's my personality issue more so than there not being something wrong with murdering people.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-17 18:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

This isn't shawshank.

Have you ever seen the amount of training some of those squads have to go through? Plus countless drills and practicing, and a mass of protective equipment. Why? Because they know that is the situation they are going into and are trying to take every precaution they can. And they have to take such high levels of precautions because those prisoners would gladly kill them.

Yet to be in a situation that presents itself they weren't following protocol at some point. If they were, then they wouldn't be dead.

I don't get upset over morons not following safety regulations, I'd say the safe for an idiot working on a live circuit without taking the proper precautions.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-17 18:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's 7:07pm est, and she was scheduled to put down at 7:00pm est.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-17 18:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't shawshank.

Yet to be in a situation that presents itself they weren't following protocol at some point. If they were, then they wouldn't be dead.

I don't get upset over morons not following safety regulations, I'd say the safe for an idiot working on a live circuit without taking the proper precautions.

That is insane. That would be like telling a solider coming home from a war that if his friends had followed there training they wouldn't be dead. Its there own fault.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-17 18:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's 7:07pm est, and she was scheduled to put down at 7:00pm est.
It's 7:24 edt, not est.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-17 18:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That is insane. That would be like telling a solider coming home from a war that if his friends had followed there training they wouldn't be dead. Its there own fault.
At times: yes it's exactly like that, as sometimes people are *** idiots and do stupid ***that gets them killed when they're working. If their friend did something stupid that got them or their buddies killed, then it would be the same thing 100%.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-17 18:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

At times: yes it's exactly like that, as sometimes people are *** idiots and do stupid ***that gets them killed when they're working. If their friend did something stupid that got them or their buddies killed, then it would be the same thing 100%.

perhaps. But to blindly apply that logic to all is foolish. To say everyone that has died was being stupid quite frankly, is stupid. Not to mention unjustified, seeing as one cant know all the circumstances of every incident.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-17 18:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

And having just watched Sephiroth Im going to go chase him down and kill him.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-17 20:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

perhaps. But to blindly apply that logic to all is foolish. To say everyone that has died was being stupid quite frankly, is stupid. Not to mention unjustified, seeing as one cant know all the circumstances of every incident.

I never said that everyone who has died was being stupid, try to read it again. I was saying that everyone who died by doing something stupid, it was their fault.

When you violate protocol in a situation where you're surrounded by criminals, you're willingly forfeiting your life, as that's what the protocols are for.

Then again maybe a day will come where robots run prisons, and then your point will be fully moot.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-17 21:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Then again maybe a day will come where robots run prisons, and then your point will be fully moot.

Bring it'
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-17 21:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

After all this about sham the human race can be.. i found part of this interview even more interesting.

YouTube Video Placeholder

edit: if i can actually get it to start at 1:13:52 that is...
2: which i cant seem to do ><
 Asura.Ivykyori
Server: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-09-17 22:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Triffle said: »
Instead of the death penalty what would you do?
Put the *** in prison and keep her there where she belongs.

And let the heifer get 3 square meals a day? Something she clearly didn't want to give this little boy? Hell effing no.

Granted, I'm honestly surprised that she lived in prison for 10 years. I heard inmates don't take too kindly to child killers/abusers.

I have gone without food (bad since my blood sugar drops extremely quickly and I get sick) in order to ensure that my kid eats. This is infuriating to me.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-17 22:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivykyori said: »

And let the heifer get 3 square meals a day? Something she clearly didn't want to give this little boy? Hell effing no.

Granted, I'm honestly surprised that she lived in prison for 10 years. I heard inmates don't take too kindly to child killers/abusers.

I have gone without food (bad since my blood sugar drops extremely quickly and I get sick) in order to ensure that my kid eats. This is infuriating to me.
They don't take too kindly to them, which is why they beat them almost daily, unless they end up in protected custody while in prison to protect their "right" to safety. Or they force them into being the prison ***
By Jetackuu 2014-09-17 23:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivykyori said: »

Yeah: I don't really care for emotional arguments.
[+]
 Cerberus.Halticus
Server: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2014-09-17 23:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Put her to death, send her to North Korea, let her rot in prison... I couldn't care less what you do. The state kills people all the time in unjustified wars counter-terrorism special operations around the world, cops kill people everyday. One less state sponsored killing isn't going to make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Give her a gun and set her free in Syria. Call her a moderate rebel. Problem solved.
Could also just give her a notepad/pen, call her a Journalist and ship her over to ISIS territory and see how that works out.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-17 23:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. Something tells me I'm going to be able to use this quote against you at some point.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-17 23:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Hmmm. Something tells me I'm going to be able to use this quote against you at some point.
Go for it, but I try my best to never use them, on purpose.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-09-18 00:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

While I think the punishment does fit the crime in this case, judging by the responses here, it doesn't look like we, as a society, are above rejoicing at petty revenge.
[+]
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-09-18 00:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

She starved a 9-year old child to death. Idc if she's white, black, yellow, blue, or *** red. If she has the cruelty to starve a young child, she deserves to either be starved herself, shot, or the chair. I can sometimes understand it's a cruel thing to do the death penalty, but why would you let someone like this live with killing a child who didn't get the chance to live?

If it were up to me, I would have put a bullet in her head. Anyone who thinks otherwise, please try to tell me how my ethics are *** up in wanting to give her a just punishment for killing a child who will now never get to grow up and make something out of themselves. Tell me why it's ok for people who knowingly starve a child to just get locked up, when the just punishment is for them to be put to death? Oh yeah let's just lock me up, they'll just live an angry/bitter life and kill themselves in jail of someone will do it for them.

Still though, I'm for putting that *** to death.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-09-18 00:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, removing emotion from the equation. We have a killer, who has killed in cold blood, and without a doubt has the capacity to kill again. You can stick them in prison where they live out the rest of their lives a caged animal, or you can put them to death.

Say you're not a religious person, and you believe when you die, existence and consciousnesses are gone, you don't exist, there is nothingness and you are not aware of nothingness... right?

So keep them alive where they suffer daily in prison, probably beaten for being a child abuser, or end their misery into quiet nothingess. After explaining that, would you not agree its more humane to put someone to death rather than allow them to suffer in prison?

Do you believe that its the act of legalized killing than makes it wrong as a whole? If so, why? No matter where you stand on death, religious or otherwise, once you move on its either Happiness or lack of anything, in both cases a person is likely better off gone that living in a caged hell the rest of their life.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-09-18 00:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »

Okay, removing emotion from the equation. We have a killer, who has killed in cold blood, and without a doubt has the capacity to kill again. You can stick them in prison where they live out the rest of their lives a caged animal, or you can put them to death.

Say you're not a religious person, and you believe when you die, existence and consciousnesses are gone, you don't exist, there is nothingness and you are not aware of nothingness... right?

So keep them alive where they suffer daily in prison, probably beaten for being a child abuser, or end their misery into quiet nothingess. After explaining that, would you not agree its more humane to put someone to death rather than allow them to suffer in prison?

Do you believe that its the act of legalized killing than makes it wrong as a whole? If so, why? No matter where you stand on death, religious or otherwise, once you move on its either Happiness or lack of anything, in both cases a person is likely better off gone that living in a caged hell the rest of their life.

I would put them to death because the child died suffering, not to be 'humane'

I'm not one for mixing religion, but anyone who harms a child who did nothing wrong, deserves no mercy imo. A child can't defend themselves against an adult most of the time.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 00:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not about what they're better off, or revenge, or still an emotional argument, and yes Michi your ethics are *** up.

There is no justice in murder.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-09-18 00:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
While I think the punishment does fit the crime in this case, judging by the responses here, it doesn't look like we, as a society, are above rejoicing at petty revenge.
These threads tend to set the murder *** a-throbbin'.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 00:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
These threads tend to set the murder *** a-throbbin'.
It is pretty *** disgusting.
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2014-09-18 03:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

While I usually try to forgive and forget, I'm still very wishy-washy with the death penalty thing. I'm firm on that a person's life is their own stance, but I can excuse the emotional side and vengeance. Capitol punishment cases tend to be high profile with a truly horrible or extreme crime (such as the one noted), so the desire for an extreme punishment isn't inexcusable to me.

At the very least I would side with a euthanasia program for those who get life sentences without parole or the multi-sentence *** *** who are in the same situation. While some people would still throw a hissy-fit at the whole assisted suicide thing, I don't see what the big deal about accepting that your life is over and having an easy button.

The elderly and terminal patients do it all the time, some quietly with the help of their doctor who "accidentally" prescribed too many pain meds, others not so much with more gruesome means. Either way, while some people may disagree with it based on their beliefs a vast majority turn a blind eye.

But apparently I at least know I'm not a very moral person, cruising in the left hand lane should be a life sentence in my head. On the flip coin if someone murdered my wife and family and then had the death penalty thrown on the table, I would do my best to try and get the one who wronged me personally a life without parole. While justice is a nice way of saying vengeance, I would think less of my self for basically killing a person instead of trying to be the better man and forgiving.

Also Jet, shut up about guards in prisons. I've worked both federal and county, you can do everything right and still get shanked by some idiot for no reason. Most accidents happen not because of someone breaking or disregarding the rules, they almost always happen while trying to help or dissolve a situation between inmates. I mean it's cool if you want to just watch that guy get the living *** kicked out of him in the tank, but you're supposed to protect all the prisoners, not just the ones you like.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 03:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Then the prison is at fault for not doing proper inspections.

At no point should you be putting your person in danger like that, I'm fairly certain that that's in your rulebook as well, as they certainly don't want to be paying workers comp.
 Fenrir.Weakness
Server: Fenrir
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2014-09-18 03:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd be surprised how much damage a plastic spork, that you're required to give them, can do. Or how quickly they can rip the blade out of razor that you're required to give them to shave. Or how much getting hit with a book hurts. That's not even the creative ***they get into. Search them all you want, there is ***you have to give them that they will turn into a weapon the moment they have it. I've been pelted with a bar of soap before, trust me it *** sucks and can easily knock you unconscious if flung at your head hard enough.

You could be the nicest and coolest CO there, and I still *** promise you that someone in your tank would still take a chance to *** you up just because you're a CO. Your person is in danger at any *** time you are in the same room as an inmate, even non-violent offenders. We had a *** trustee almost beat one of the med staff to death before.

Your job is to protect yourself, protect the other CO's, protect the staff, but also to protect the inmates as well.

You can say it was a stupid guard or someone doing something all you want, but real life prison is not like a movie or TV. Everything is organized to a T, counts are done religiously multiple times a day, you separate people from each other as much as you can to avoid problems. But fact is, that retard in jail has a lot less to lose and a lot more to gain.

Until you *** work as a god damned CO and see it for yourself, just drop it.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 03:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not the one who brought it up: it's still either the guard's responsibility or the prison's regardless.

Either they didn't do enough to protect themselves or the prison didn't do enough to protect the guard. Anything else is just an excuse.

edit: granted our entire prison system is *** to no end, starting with that we keep locking up people for victimless crimes, or that the prison population is the highest in the world, except for Seychelles apparently, which only has a population of 90k, which the county I live (including the city) has a higher population that that, and we have half the national average, woo go us... (and iirc they were talking about building another jail recently as it's overcrowded, which the people who showed up to the meeting pretty much said "why not seek other alternatives instead of locking everyone up?"

but I digress, I realize the ***is dangerous, but that really has nothing to do with the topic at hand other than we were talking about prisoners, but you brought up a good point: anyone in prison is capable of hurting/killing a guard, regardless of their offense.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15