Islamic State Beheads, Crucifies In Push For Syria

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Islamic State beheads, crucifies in push for Syria
Islamic State beheads, crucifies in push for Syria
First Page 2 3 4 ... 15 16 17
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 21:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Well to be fair the article from the OP is a little biased. (MSNBC might have left out a few details).

The guy who reported beheaded a Syrian solider is from Australia.

Actually according to Reuters:

Quote:
The Australian government believes at least 150 of its citizens are involved in fighting or actively supporting the Islamic State (ISIL) in Syria and Iraq.
Source

So whereas religion is often used as a tool, the source here is not from the religion itself, but those who take it to extreme measures to achieve whatever goal it may be.
Forgot the most important part:
Quote:
The image was posted on Twitter and showed the boy, believed to be the son of Sydney jihadist Khaled Sharrouf, The Australian newspaper said, adding that the boy was aged 7.

The image was taken in the northern Syrian city of Raqqa and was posted last week on the Twitter account of Sharrouf, Australia's most wanted terrorist who fled to Syria last year and is now an Islamist State fighter.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-11 21:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Phoenix.Michiiru said: »
Yes because on paper and whatnot it's completely irrelevant.

Blazed going to make this very simple for you to understand.

IS won't win.

There, it's been said.

They don't have any public support. If they even try to go into the US, do you have any CLUE what'll happen? God you're about as ignorant as they come.

You amuse me yet frighten me... who are you talking to? When did this become about who would win lol?
... you're having an imaginary conversation with yourself.

Anyways, back on topic:

Well said Mr. Brand.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I like how you keep ignoring everything I say without even trying to disprove me. Are you really that ignorant that you're just putting your fingers in your ears and going "lalalalalalalalalala"

What exactly am I ignoring or ignorant about?

There isn't one response to anything you've posted that doesn't highlight one or more facts or perspectives you completely ignore, and then you get frustrated and try ad hominem.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 21:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Yes because on paper and whatnot it's completely irrelevant.

Blazed going to make this very simple for you to understand.

IS won't win.

There, it's been said.

They don't have any public support. If they even try to go into the US, do you have any CLUE what'll happen? God you're about as ignorant as they come.

You amuse me yet frighten me... who are you talking to? When did this become about who would win lol?
... you're having an imaginary conversation with yourself.

Anyways, back on topic:

Well said Mr. Brand.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I like how you keep ignoring everything I say without even trying to disprove me. Are you really that ignorant that you're just putting your fingers in your ears and going "lalalalalalalalalala"

What exactly am I ignoring or ignorant about?

There isn't one response to anything you've posted that doesn't highlight one or more facts or perspectives you completely ignore, and then you get frustrated and try ad hominem.

I'm responding to her/him specifically now; what am I ignoring?
Looks like they disappeared when they had the chance to follow the accusation up with some facts.

What am I ignoring?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 21:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What am I ignoring?
The pissing contest they want you to get involved in.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 21:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Still no response from Michiiru?

I'm ignoring the fact that your responses to my post go so off-tangent that there's nothing I can respond with.

I respond to Ram's assertion that the Middle east caused all the bad wars with a count of the world's wars in the last century, then you,Michiiru, quote and respond to me wanting to argue about who would win in a war of the US vs ISIS when that was never the topic.

Are you all there in the head?

EDIT: Of course there is the possibility you're 10-13 years old. In which case, you shouldn't be on this thread or attempting to talk about history and politics.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-11 21:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like they disappeared when they had the chance to follow the accusation up with some facts.

What am I ignoring?

For starters, that the American People and the American Government aren't the same thing.

Also that the for all the evil the United States does, it pales in comparison to the abhorrent acts of Islamic states like Iran, Saudi Arabia and the Philippines.
 Asura.Triffle
Server: Asura
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-08-11 21:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
At least they aren't crucifying people based on their religion.

No, they're just crucifying people because of their own religion.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 21:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Iran is evil? What exactly have they done in comparison to the U.S. that's so evil?

Saudi Arabia and the Philippines on the other hand are great American allies.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-08-11 21:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Still no response from Michiiru?

I'm ignoring the fact that your responses to my post go so off-tangent that there's nothing I can respond with.

I respond to Ram's assertion that the Middle east caused all the bad wars with a count of the world's wars in the last century, then you,Michiiru, quote and respond to me wanting to argue about who would win in a war of the US vs ISIS when that was never the topic.

Are you all there in the head?

EDIT: Of course there is the possibility you're 10-13 years old. In which case, you shouldn't be on this thread or attempting to talk about history and politics.

Excuse me for not prioritizing this, someone has a heart defect that's going to be fixed tomorrow morning. The fact of this matter right now Blazed: You're ignorant and when someone is conveying their point that IS or anything that will rear its head in the Middle East will just end up getting rofl stomped if they piss off one of the big countries. If the extremists want to talk trash, that's all fine and dandy. They won't win against the US, they won't win against the UK, they won't beat China, and they won't ever beat Russia.

Islam in itself is an OK religion, but many people misinterpret what is said (Very similar with Christianity, where I was taught to accept people for who they were, not condemn them as I was raised to accept others.) in their book and must follow it to the point that it involves committing the ultimate crime, which is murder.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-11 21:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Islam and Wars

There's a hefty list.

Please note, as in the other thread on this topic, I'm not defending anyone else's dumb ***. European nations and the U.S. certainly have their own heads up their *** at various times.

But your assertions that Middle Eastern/Islamic nations never start static is just blatantly ridiculous.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 21:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What am I ignoring?

For starters, that the American People and the American Government aren't the same thing.

Also that the for all the evil the United States does, it pales in comparison to the abhorrent acts of Islamic states like Iran, Saudi Arabia and the Philippines.

Too many elephants in the room now. Not sure if trolling, or if you're really that ignorant?

I'd just like to point out that the Philipines is a majority christian nation. They're also very religious. You lumped them together with two other countries that are thousands of miles away, and all three of them couldn't be further apart culturally and religiously.

Second, I'd also like to point out that Iran are Shiaa and Saudi Arabia are Sunni.

Third, you think the above 3 nations are responsible for more abhorrent acts than the US?

Lets agree on some metrics.

I propose the following:

1. Number of wars started by/participated in

2. Number of citizens that live below the poverty line

3. Disparity of wealth amongst the richest and the poorest

4. Number of murders on a national level

5. Number of rapes on a national level

6. Corruption charges on a national level

7.Body Count - how many human beings have been killed by each of the 4 (saudi arabia, philipines, iran and the USA)

8.Number of deportations

9.Number of individuals who have been executed by the state via capital punishment

10.Number of violent crimes per year

11.And finally, which nation came into existence as a result of having committed genocide on the natural inhabitants of the land.

Can we agree that whoever has the highest count in the above metrics is the worst of the 4?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-11 21:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Iran is evil? What exactly have they done in comparison to the U.S. that's so evil?

Are you really asking that question? It doesn't matter if they're allies, the polices of those nations are humanitarian atrocities.

Iran alone is bankrupting and impoverishing their people in a fruitless attempt towards arming themselves with nuclear weapons. The moment they have the capability, Israel will just call an undocumented sortie and eliminate the threat, they've done it before.

Apostasy is punished by Death in Iran. That alone is *** insanity on a national level.

Then for Saudi Arabia and the Philippines, you have some of the most barbaric laws ever conceived by human beings, marginalizing individuals guilty of the great crime of existing. Homosexuals, women, non-muslims.

What am I ignoring?

Too many elephants in the room now. Not sure if trolling, or if you're really that ignorant?

I'd just like to point out that the Philipines is a majority christian nation. They're also very religious. You lumped them together with two other countries that are thousands of miles away, and all three of them couldn't be further apart culturally and religiously.

Second, I'd also like to point out that Iran are Shiaa and Saudi Arabia are Sunni.

Third, you think the above 3 nations are responsible for more abhorrent acts than the US?

I propose the following:

7.Body Count - how many human beings have been killed by each of the 4 (saudi arabia, philipines, iran and the USA)

8.Number of deportations

9.Number of individuals who have been executed by the state via capital punishment

11.And finally, which nation came into existence as a result of having committed genocide on the natural inhabitants of the land.

Can we agree that whoever has the highest count in the above metrics is the worst of the 4?

***, I didn't meant he Philippines, I meant Brunei though I don't feel that the Philippines are much better.

As for the rest of your points, they pale in comparison to any nation that has enacted Sharia Law, for every second such an institutionalized hate is in effect is a crime to every citizen it effects.

That's why America is so uncomfortable with our slavery past. Killing a person pales in comparison to enslavement.

Maybe with that, you'll understand why your petty points mean less than nothing when compared to say, criminalizing (By penalty of death) thought. (IE: Not being a Muslim)
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 22:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:

Islam and Wars

There's a hefty list.

Please note, as in the other thread on this topic, I'm not defending anyone else's dumb ***. European nations and the U.S. certainly have their own heads up their *** at various times.

But your assertions that Middle Eastern/Islamic nations never start static is just blatantly ridiculous.

Did you actually read this or just google it then post the link?
lol most of them are skirmishes and responses via warefare to european and external aggression.

Thanks for making the argument though.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 22:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Internment camps, aka "War Relocation Camps", yay or nay?
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 22:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you really asking that question? It doesn't matter if they're allies, the polices of those nations are humanitarian atrocities.

Iran alone is bankrupting and impoverishing their people in a fruitless attempt towards arming themselves with nuclear weapons. The moment they have the capability, Israel will just call an undocumented sortie and eliminate the threat, they've done it before.

Apostasy is punished by Death in Iran. That alone is *** insanity on a national level.

Then for Saudi Arabia and the Philippines, you have some of the most barbaric laws ever conceived by human beings, marginalizing individuals guilty of the great crime of existing. Homosexuals, women, non-muslims.

What am I ignoring?

I propose the following:

8.Number of deportations

***, I didn't meant he Philippines, I meant Brunei though I don't feel that the Philippines are much better.

As for the rest of your points, they pale in comparison to any nation that has enacted Sharia Law, for every second such an institutionalized hate is in effect is a crime to every citizen it effects.

That's why America is so uncomfortable with our slavery past. Killing a person pales in comparison to enslavement.

Maybe with that, you'll understand why your petty points mean less than nothing when compared to say, criminalizing (By penalty of death) thought. (IE: Not being a Muslim)

Hey you know what, I don't know you. So I'm not going to judge you entirely. But maybe you should actually figure out which countries you're talking about if you want me to take you seriously.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-11 22:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

People make errors, and I corrected myself and didn't even try to pretend I wasn't making a mistake.

You only highlight how stupid you yourself are by trying to use that as leverage for your argument.

Internment camps, aka "War Relocation Camps", yay or nay?

Yay, but only for Japanese Americans, and only if we (Good, White Americans) seize their property for closeout prices. Otherwise it's wrong.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-11 22:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Islam and Wars

There's a hefty list.

lol most of them are skirmishes and responses via warefare to european and external aggression.

Right, right.

Middle Eastern nations and/or Islamic nations/groups have never, ever been the aggressor.

Yet another thread I find myself having to say that I'm done with you. When you can't acknowledge all facets of a problem, you can't be part of a solution, and the bottom line is that there isn't an innocent government on this planet.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 22:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

People make errors, and I corrected myself and didn't even try to pretend I wasn't making a mistake.

You only highlight how stupid you yourself are by trying to use that as leverage for your argument.

you're right. Clearly you're an expert on the matter. Confusing countries with each other happens all the time.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-11 22:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Islam and Wars

There's a hefty list.

Right, right.

Middle Eastern nations and/or Islamic nations/groups have never, ever been the aggressor.

Yet another thread I find myself having to say that I'm done with you. When you can't acknowledge all facets of a problem, you can't be part of a solution, and the bottom line is that there isn't an innocent government on this planet.

Tibet!

you're right. Clearly you're an expert on the matter. Confusing countries with each other happens all the time.

Thanks for being reasonable for once.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 22:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

there isn't an innocent government on this planet.
What about Iceland?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-11 22:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Islam and Wars

There's a hefty list.

Right, right.

Tibet!

Ehhhhh.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-11 22:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Iceland?

You obviously know nothing about the Cod wars. Iceland loves its fishing rights.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 22:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Islam and Wars

There's a hefty list.

Right, right.

Oh they have been aggressors, most certainly. However that wasn't the issue we were discussing.

You said they were THE greater aggressor, even more so than the US and the Europeans.

Now you're making it a black or white situation, take all or nothing; "Were they aggressors or not" after having had some sobering reminders thrown your way about the US/EU's very recent past.

But you're right, we shouldn't argue. You win. You're right.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 22:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Tibet!
Isn't that whole religion based on pedophilia?
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 22:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Tibet!

You sure they mean Tibet?

...they could be talking about Thailand or Cambodia... might wanna show them a map.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 22:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Iceland?

You obviously know nothing about the Cod wars. Iceland loves its fishing rights.
That's some hardcore warfare.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-11 22:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Tibet!

I don't even known, the only thing I really know about Tibet is that the Nazi Eugenicists were fascinated by how "Aryan" people from the Tibet-Mongolia region were, despite their skin color.

Tibet!

...they could be talking about Thailand or Cambodia... might wanna show them a map.

Desperation is an ugly cologne. When you have something worthwhile to say, I'll give you the attention you crave.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 22:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Tibet!

I don't even known, the only thing I really know about Tibet is that the Nazi Eugenicists were fascinated by how "Aryan" people from the Tibet-Mongolia region were, despite their skin color.

I saw that Brad Pitt movie too.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-08-11 22:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I propose the following:

The US has been around since the late 1700's, the Middle East and their history has been around for over a millenia.

If they are impoverished here, god I'd hate to see over there. I've seen so much in terms of poverty in the Middle East, the Taliban and other organizations ruined so many lives, not just the US.

The US has that, but so does the Middle East, Europe, and a lot of Asian countries. My proof being that the wealthy in countries like Iran used their wealth to bribe soldiers to not check them for alcohol, which was illegal at one point.

Dude...really? In one of the Middle Eastern nations, a woman was on a bus being raped for over 12 hours by a group of men before they killed her by ramming a pipe through her body. That's not horrendous idk what is. Then you have the killings done by stoning because a woman left her home without a male escort, didn't wear her veil, or for whatever reason. Hell you can go to one of the countries in the Middle East and be killed if your beard is too long.

They can't kill virgins? They'll rape them before they kill them. That information comes from the novel Persepolis.

I am currently looking for information on this one

Let's keep this on a domestic level and not during times of war. The US hasn't killed a quarter of what a country like Iran has done in the past.

8.Number of deportations

So it's wrong to deport someone who immigrated illegally? The hell kind of logic is this?

Because our death penalties stem from murderers, we don't kill petty thieves like what could happen to someone in the Middle East. Oh wait, didn't they try to imprison a toddler for throwing rocks a soldier?

.....I have to keep going over this? They're KILLING EACH OTHER over there.

Not the US, the US fought for its independence through the Revolutionary War. I don't know how any battle in that stems as genocide. People who were loyal to Great Britain were able to flee to Canada, which they did.

I'm hearing more of genocide over at the middle east today rather than genocide in the US' past. Japan is also as bad after the Raping of Nanking, so I don't think anyone here is innocent on atrocities.

Can we agree that whoever has the highest count in the above metrics is the worst of the 4?[/quote]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 22:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Tibet!

Show me on the map where it hurts.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 15 16 17