Islamic State Beheads, Crucifies In Push For Syria

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Islamic State beheads, crucifies in push for Syria
Islamic State beheads, crucifies in push for Syria
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 20:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Michiiru said: »
Blazed1979 said: »
I hate the middle east with a damn passion, such a messed up place what with the people using religion as an excuse to kill (Let's face it, most of them probably don't give two shits about the religion, they just want to kill people.)

Anywhere and anytime the US fiddles with other sovereign's politics and internal affairs results in the situation.

What you should hate is US foreign policy.

Hating the middle east for whats going on is about as sane as hating your broken arm and not the bully who broke it in the first place.

No I hate the Middle East. Everyone hates the US, that's already out on the table, been out on the table.

We leave them alone, then the people ask for the US's help again. I guarantee if military action is taken again, people in other countries will demonize the US, when countries like UK and France are the ones who pretty much caused the Six-Day War in 1967, and we all know what that festered into today.

Leave them alone? Why did the US go to war with Iraq?
Al Qaeda link - debunked. Anyone with even a remote understand of Sadam lead Ba'athist Iraq would understand that Iraq hated Al Qaeda more than it did Israel.

Weapons of Mass Destruction? Debunked. Woops.

To liberate the people? They're more oppressed and in a state of perpetual war because the US decimated their military and state institutions creating a vacume for Iranian pro militias to wipe out 40% of the population. When that started, only then did the US exit with its tail between its legs.

'murica!

US goes and shits on a country and then its citizens who have the memories of goldfish sit on forums and talk about how barbaric these other nations are.

Look to your own.

I say let them sort it out, if the US is the most barbaric thing out there, just pull out and let's see what happens.

How old are you?

Do you think America gets involved in the Middle East because they have an infatuation with helping people?
Africa needs a lot more help if that's the case, go help them. I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms.

I don't suppose the oil in the region has anything to do with anything, nothing at all whatsoever.

Strike that, go help your neighbours; the Mexicans.

Never mind, help yourselves.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-11 20:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
What all of them are doing is not "Islamic", more like terrorism.

It's just another quarrel that is supposed to give "Islam" a bad name.

Pathetic.

Clean up your cult then. I've not once heard a concerted effort on the Muslim front that says "Beheading people because they think differently is wrong." it's always some noncommital *** harping on about interpretation.

The moment the so called "Passive Majority" of Muslims truly take a stand against this kind of violence is the moment I look at Islam as equal to the other Abrahamic religions, in that it's still utter *** but at least we can live and let live.

The apathy towards these kind of acts are every bit as destructive towards the reputation of Islam as is the acts themselves.

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Bismarck.Dubai said: »
What all of them are doing is not "Islamic", more like terrorism.

It's just another quarrel that is supposed to give "Islam" a bad name.

Pathetic.

It's not "like terrorism".

It is terrorism. Beheadings and crucifixtions are not merely punishment or killing an enemy; they're literally done to inspire fear and terror in enemies and try to scare them into submission or inaction.

Very true. These people are crazy. And it is absolutely terrorism.

But so is this:
Still waiting on those weapons of Mass Destruction. 11 years on ..

That's not Terrorism, that's torture. Terrorism is an operational tactic but these acts in the photos are done for private thrill... They were never meant to be leaked or seen, so their operational value was never intended.

That may sound like I'm trying to give a Pass to the U.S. military/servicemen but I actually think it's a bit worse. It's just individual perversions as opposed to an objective.

I think our Assault Drones are more in line of what we'd consider Terrorism. A cold heartless machine with zero accountability dropping high explosives on things, with no sense of self preservation nor any direct link to the human cost of war? Sounds pretty similar to what happens when the 70 year old elder convinces the 20 year old to strap a bomb to his chest and picture virgins while he explodes.
[+]
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-08-11 20:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Who initiated and carried out World War 1,
the Middle east?
Wrong, it was Austria and Hungary, their military alliances dragged everyone into WW1. Including the Ottoman Empire of the Middle East.

Who fought WWII, the middle east?
They were in the campaign yes, but as for direct involvement I don't think they had that much of a historical impact during that war as the Ottoman Empire was weakened.

Who invaded Vietname, the middle east?
Probably not, France couldn't hold onto their colony, they came asking us for help. South Vietnam asked us for help, and we tried to give it until popular opinion of the war waned and people were growing against it.

Who perpetuated the cold war, the middle east?
Well considering the Afghanistan and a few other Middle Eastern Nations were involved during the Cold War, the fighting in Afghanistan caused the likelihood of nuclear war to boil.

Who invaded Iraq?
NATO. Not just the US. If you want to point fingers, everyone here is guilty.

Who killed millions of Jews?
Both Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin

Who killed millions of russians, polaks?
For once I don't have an answer to that one.

Who Nuked Japan?
The US.

How much land in europe has the middle east annexed in the past 100 years?
None, but they sure talk a lot of ***on Youtube videos about putting the Islamic Flag in Buckingham Palace.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-08-11 20:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay blazed is posting!
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 20:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I hate the middle east with a damn passion, such a messed up place what with the people using religion as an excuse to kill (Let's face it, most of them probably don't give two shits about the religion, they just want to kill people.)

Anywhere and anytime the US fiddles with other sovereign's politics and internal affairs results in the situation.

What you should hate is US foreign policy.

Hating the middle east for whats going on is about as sane as hating your broken arm and not the bully who broke it in the first place.

No I hate the Middle East. Everyone hates the US, that's already out on the table, been out on the table.

We leave them alone, then the people ask for the US's help again. I guarantee if military action is taken again, people in other countries will demonize the US, when countries like UK and France are the ones who pretty much caused the Six-Day War in 1967, and we all know what that festered into today.

Leave them alone? Why did the US go to war with Iraq?
Al Qaeda link - debunked. Anyone with even a remote understand of Sadam lead Ba'athist Iraq would understand that Iraq hated Al Qaeda more than it did Israel.

Weapons of Mass Destruction? Debunked. Woops.

To liberate the people? They're more oppressed and in a state of perpetual war because the US decimated their military and state institutions creating a vacume for Iranian pro militias to wipe out 40% of the population. When that started, only then did the US exit with its tail between its legs.

'murica!

US goes and shits on a country and then its citizens who have the memories of goldfish sit on forums and talk about how barbaric these other nations are.

Look to your own.

Do you ever not change the subject when Muslims murder people? If you want to talk endlessly about the stupid things the U.S. has done, make a thread for it. In the meantime let's focus on, you know, the actual topic.

I'm sorry the world isn't a minute old and these problems didn't just manifest themselves out of nowhere.

You're talking about a country and region where ***is happening as a direct result of the US's actions in the last decade.

That's not changing the subject, that's looking at it closely and not judging things based on face value.

Cause and Effect.

If ISIS is now a threat to the US, like the republicans claim it to be( i loled so hard), you can thank yourselves for creating them.

They are after all trained and supplied by the US.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-11 20:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

But who's willing to overlook senseless acts of violence because someone else was involved in violence at some other point in time?
Blazed1979.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-08-11 20:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

But who's willing to overlook senseless acts of violence because someone else was involved in violence at some other point in time?
Blazed1979.

And that...is how ignorance is bliss my friend.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-11 20:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No Islamic state is a threat to the United States. The cold truth is the United States is God to the Islamic World's worms. If we entered a "Total War" conflict with the Middle East as an entire continent, the region would be reduced to Radioactive Glass overnight.

It is by the good graces of democracy and the compassion of our citizens that the United States army is not turned loose like the European Imperial powers of yore.

Woe be unto any who dare allow the United States to focus its wrath.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 20:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

the Middle east?
Wrong, it was Austria and Hungary, their military alliances dragged everyone into WW1. Including the Ottoman Empire of the Middle East.

They were in the campaign yes, but as for direct involvement I don't think they had that much of a historical impact during that war as the Ottoman Empire was weakened.

Probably not, France couldn't hold onto their colony, they came asking us for help. South Vietnam asked us for help, and we tried to give it until popular opinion of the war waned and people were growing against it.

Well considering the Afghanistan and a few other Middle Eastern Nations were involved during the Cold War, the fighting in Afghanistan caused the likelihood of nuclear war to boil.

Who invaded Iraq?

Who Nuked Japan?
The US.

None, but they sure talk a lot of ***on Youtube videos about putting the Islamic Flag in Buckingham Palace.

None of the above were initiated by the middle east. Ram implied the Middle east is responsible for all the warfare in the recent past. Where the contrary is true; they have been victims of EU/US aggression.

And lol @ you bringing up Afghanistan. Like the people of Afghanistan had a damn choice. They were invaded by one superpower and armed by another. Kinda ironic how they ended up kicking both superpower's *** in the end.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 20:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979.

Terrorism isn't a senseless act of violence. It is violence against non-combatants to achieve political goals.

Your response is worthy of Fox news. History stretches further back than this year.

Ignorance may be bliss, for a while at least.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 20:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-11 20:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

And lol @ you bringing up Afghanistan. Like the people of Afghanistan had a damn choice. They were invaded by one superpower and armed by another. Kinda ironic how they ended up kicking both superpower's *** in the end.

LOL. Is that why the casualties on the insurgent side are 10x the combined losses of anyone else? Also, the only reason it isn't even more lopsided is because the insurgents are allowed to fight dirty and we can't.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-11 20:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Not even using American guns, *** off.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-11 20:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979.

Terrorism isn't a senseless act of violence. It is violence against non-combatants to achieve political goals.

Your response is worthy of Fox news. History stretches further back than this year.

Clearly you have an agenda, or you might look at what's going on in the OP topic and say "That's bad." instead of "Hey look over there! The U.S. bombed Japan nearly 70 years ago!"
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 20:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
No Islamic state is a threat to the United States. The cold truth is the United States is God to the Islamic World's worms. If we entered a "Total War" conflict with the Middle East as an entire continent, the region would be reduced to Radioactive Glass overnight.

It is by the good graces of democracy and the compassion of our citizens that the United States army is not turned loose like the European Imperial powers of yore.

That's it. Its not the fact that reducing the middle east to a radioactive glass park would destroy the planet. No, its obese coach potatoes drowning in debt and disease that are keeping the military at bay.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 20:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979.

Clearly you have an agenda, or you might look at what's going on in the OP topic and say "That's bad." instead of "Hey look over there! The U.S. bombed Japan nearly 70 years ago!"

I already did say it is bad. But do you want me to say it just like that?

Ok, sure.

"That is bad"

Its *** up.

Now maybe if some of you would ask "WHY AND HOW?" you will catch up with me.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-11 20:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979.

I've found that when people talk about how terrible it was that the U.S. nuked Japan, you can officially tune them out, as they have the education and intelligence of a common sea cucumber.

Of all the things the U.S. did in WWII, the Atomic Bomb drops were among the least terrible, which should underscore what kind of idiot you have to be when you want to go toe to toe with a country that outspends the rest of the world combined by half-again on the Military.

Fun Doomsday fact: NATO casualty projections for a full-scale nuclear war estimate that only 1/16 of the world's population would be killed by the actual explosive, thermal and radioactivity of the event. Over 2/3 of the world would perish from the resulting destruction of infrastructure.

In other words, if you're worried about Armageddon, learn to hunt, and lean how to treat water.

That's it. Its not the fact that reducing the middle east to a radioactive glass park would destroy the planet. No, its obese coach potatoes drowning in debt and disease that are keeping the military at bay.

Well first off, nuking the middle east into ashes wouldn't destroy the planet. This may be a shock to you, but Radiation exists on our world naturally, and most life can mitigate its effects very well. Just look at the booming ecology around Chernobyl. Animals would rather live in the world of Metro 2033 than around humans.

We may have a lot of debt, but actually one year of our GDP still greatly exceeds our accrued debt. So actually our head is still above water by a wide margin.

Finally, it's not the backwater Muslims that keep the U.S. Army at bay, it's the U.S. citizens. We don't like war, why do you think you even have the opportunity to faff about "WMD" lies? It's because those are the lengths the government had to go through just to start a war.

Occupation is the crippling part of a conflict, no occupying force has ever held a region indefinitely, the longer the occupation goes on, the more the scales shift in favor of the occupied. Basic military theory... But all that delicious oil was too tempting.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 20:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly only Hillary can fix this now.

Hillary Clinton 2016!
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 20:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Made in China?
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-08-11 20:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

the Middle east?

Who invaded Iraq?

Who Nuked Japan?
The US.

None of the above were initiated by the middle east. Ram implied the Middle east is responsible for all the warfare in the recent past. Where the contrary is true; they have been victims of EU/US aggression.

I can agree to some extent that yes they beat Russia back...but if they got into a full-scale war now with one of the super powers? I don't think that there would be any kind of chance one of the countries there could withstand a superpower coming at them with all cylinders.

Check the stats here. You have 32 million people in Iraq, now granted only a moderate percentage are actually allied with IS. If the US was deadset on eliminating that into the dirt, I think we could all agree that if conveyed to the public to garner support, you are looking at these figures.

roughly 300,000 IS members (That's being generous tbh)

1,369,532 in the US' standing armed forces as of december of 2013.

Now let's also do some math here. The US also has one of the largest populations, at roughly 318 million. If you put in a draft to get all able-bodied hands to fight, you could look at a near tripling in size if they all followed the selective service we have in place.

So you're looking aaaat roughly.

300,000-400,000 vs 3,500,000 to 4,000,000

Let's not forget the fact that the US has one of the largest military budgets, so when a Middle Eastern pilot using a 4th generation aircraft vs something like an F-35 or even a Russian SU-37, or hell even an F-15 which is also a 4th gen aircraft. Most extremists are not trained in that kind of warfare, and thus they probably won't win.

That's also to say their ground game. Yeah they have a home field advantage with knowing the terrain, but the US has satellites that can take topographical maps and relay them to command centers and thus field operators, I'm sorry does IS have that? No? Didn't think so.

Let's also not forget the US has superior armor units, such as the M1 tank. I don't even remember what kind of tanks IS are using right now.

So in the end, IS doesn't really have a chance unless they actually figured out a way to get nuclear weaponry and plant them inside of the US' borders, thus hitting our leadership and main economic/residential sector. The moment they do that, they might have a chance, but then again I don't think anyone would want to sell to a bunch of extremists, we all know how that went.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 20:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979.

I watch too much TV
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-08-11 21:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes because on paper and whatnot it's completely irrelevant.

Blazed going to make this very simple for you to understand.

IS won't win.

There, it's been said.

They don't have any public support. If they even try to go into the US, do you have any CLUE what'll happen? God you're about as ignorant as they come.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-11 21:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Made in China?

If there's one aspect of the world that this phrase makes zero sense in, it's firearms.

Anyway, what's the big deal about "Made in China" anyway? How many countries in the world don't have a large amount of their products made in China, Bangladesh, India and other nations where labor costs are cheap?

Blazed1979.

I watch too much TV Read too much

Proofread and edited to reflect facts.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-08-11 21:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So wait... an Islam based group is murdering and crucifying people and no one here is talking about the evils of organized religion or anything of that sort?

I've always found it interesting how Islam tends to get a pass from the vocal Atheist set while Jews and Christians can't so much as sneeze without being called out. No doubt the criticism is often well-deserved, but I think there are more than enough atrocities committed in the name of Allah for Islam to get the same sort of verbal lashings that Jews and Christians get from the true non-believers among us.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 21:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

IS won't win.

There, it's been said.

They don't have any public support. If they even try to go into the US, do you have any CLUE what'll happen? God you're about as ignorant as they come.

You amuse me yet frighten me... who are you talking to? When did this become about who would win lol?
... you're having an imaginary conversation with yourself.

Anyways, back on topic:

Well said Mr. Brand.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-08-11 21:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

IS won't win.

There, it's been said.

You amuse me yet frighten me... who are you talking to? When did this become about who would win lol?

Anyways, back on topic:

Well said Mr. Brand.

I like how you keep ignoring everything I say without even trying to disprove me. Are you really that ignorant that you're just putting your fingers in your ears and going "lalalalalalalalalala"
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-11 21:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well to be fair the article from the OP is a little biased. (MSNBC might have left out a few details).

The guy who reported beheaded a Syrian solider is from Australia.

Actually according to Reuters:

Quote:
The Australian government believes at least 150 of its citizens are involved in fighting or actively supporting the Islamic State (ISIL) in Syria and Iraq.
Source

So whereas religion is often used as a tool, the source here is not from the religion itself, but those who take it to extreme measures to achieve whatever goal it may be.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-11 21:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how you keep ignoring everything I say without even trying to disprove me. Are you really that ignorant that you're just putting your fingers in your ears and going "lalalalalalalalalala"

He's also posting videos of Russell Brand. I'm not sure what to say about that.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-11 21:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

He's also posting videos of Russell Brand. I'm not sure what to say about that.

The safe money is bet on the fact that's he's incapable of critical thinking.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-08-11 21:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

IS won't win.

There, it's been said.

Anyways, back on topic:

Well said Mr. Brand.

What exactly am I ignoring or ignorant about?
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17