Islamic State Beheads, Crucifies In Push For Syria

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Islamic State beheads, crucifies in push for Syria
Islamic State beheads, crucifies in push for Syria
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-08-19 06:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Dubai gave up?

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
The why is easy. It allows a select few, who are at the top of the social hierarchy, to obtain control over everyone else in the society. It was particularly useful in our past because most of the population couldn't read or write and information was restricted to those with connections who tended to be at the top anyway. Nowadays it's thought control via political correctness and pressure for social acceptance that's used. "For the women and children" and other extremely simplified rhetoric.
The question I was referring to is "Why <insert soul searching question here>?"

Like: Why am I here?
Why are people like this?
Why did God create man like this if he is omnipotent?
Why does <insert religion> hate me so much?
Why do people claim to know the unanswerable?

Things like that.

I'm here, just don't want you to think I'm enforcing my religion to you or others, because you think I am.
By voiceless 2014-08-19 08:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I only read nine pages my phone had already ran out of charge hmm
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-19 08:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Demoncard said: »
Again, this only really happens in Saudi Arabia, which operates much in the same way as Victorian Britain, and wartorn countries, third world countries and war torn third world countries, where it's the least of their problems.
It happens all over the Middle East. You should remove your head out of your *** to see the world around you.

It enforces a dress code on everyone. Men are expected to dress modestly, but in some countries it's more pronounced on women. Very few people are forcibly made into ninjas, contrary to what the French would have you believe.
Sure, whatever you believe.

But then again, you need to get your head out of your *** and look around.

But it might help your argument a little better next time if you, instead of taking 5-10 words from a sentence to quote and quote the entire sentence/paragraph so we can all see what you are really referencing to. It makes you look idiotic when you only select a few words out of a sentence to argue against.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-19 09:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, this only really happens in Saudi Arabia, which operates much in the same way as Victorian Britain, and wartorn countries, third world countries and war torn third world countries, where it's the least of their problems.
It happens all over the Middle East. You should remove your head out of your *** to see the world around you.

It enforces a dress code on everyone. Men are expected to dress modestly, but in some countries it's more pronounced on women. Very few people are forcibly made into ninjas, contrary to what the French would have you believe.

But it might help your argument a little better next time if you, instead of taking 5-10 words from a sentence to quote and quote the entire sentence/paragraph so we can all see what you are really referencing to. It makes you look idiotic when you only select a few words out of a sentence to argue against.
What about that time he used one word out of my entire wall-o-text, and intentionally used said word out of context?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-19 09:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

What about that time he used one word out of my entire wall-o-text, and intentionally used said word out of context?
He's got to make an argument somehow.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-20 09:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Because ISIS doesn't leave its debts unpaid:

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/8/19/foley-kill-isis.html

Quote:
Islamic State says it beheaded missing American photojournalist
Group releases video purporting to be the ritualized murder of James Foley, captured in Syria in 2012
August 19, 2014 6:48PM ET
by Wilson Dizard @willdizard
A gruesome video released on social media on Tuesday by the Islamic State movement purported to show the beheading of American photojournalist James Wright Foley. Foley had been missing since being abducted in Syria in November 2012, and the group claimed the murder was retribution for U.S. air strikes on its forces in northern Iraq.

Islamic State (IS) is an Al-Qaeda breakaway that has established what it calls a "caliphate" across vast swathes of territory in Iraq and Syria. President Barack Obama last week ordered air strikes in support of Kurdish forces fighting the IS to prevent it overrunning Kurdish-controlled territory in northern Iraq. The movement's fighters had conducted mass executions of Iraqis of the Yazidi faith.

In a message on Facebook, Foley's mother, Diane Foley said: "We have never been prouder of our son Jim. He gave his life trying to expose the world to the suffering of the Syrian people." She implored the kidnappers to spare the lives of remaining hostages, who she said "have no control over American government policy in Iraq, Syria or anywhere in the world."

Announcing on social media that they had killed Foley, IS warned that it would also execute a second American journalist, Steven Joel Sotloff, who went missing in Syria in August 2013.

In the video, the man who had purportedly beheaded Foley holds Sotloff by the nape of his neck and says, in what appears to be a British accent, "The life of this American, Obama, depends on your next decision."
Foley’s family had set up a website, findjamesfoley.org, and a Twitter account to spread word about their missing son.

The video posted by IS has yet to be verified.

"We know that many of you are looking for confirmation or answers. Please be patient until we all have more," reads the latest post on the family’s Twitter account, posted on Tuesday. Their previous tweet said Foley had been missing for 635 days.

News of Foley’s death sent a wave of grief through social media outlets, with users who first saw the graphic news urging others not to share or watch the images.

Foley’s name adds to the long list of journalists killed, imprisoned or missing in Syria, with the crimes going unprosecuted, according to the Committee to Protect Journalists.

The problem has become so severe that dozens of news organizations wrote an open letter last year calling on the Syrian armed groups, fighting the government since 2011, to stop the violence against reporters and help secure the release of those captured.

The rash of kidnappings has made "it even more difficult to for the world to know what is happening in Syria," the letter read.

One observer compared the journalists who are captives of armed groups to "human bargaining chips" because they are held indefinitely rather than for ransom or for prisoner exchanges.

The Syrian government has also been responsible for the mistreatment and murder of reporters, press freedom activists say.

A freelancer working for the GlobalPost, Foley had been an intrepid journalist in the Middle East for five years, travelling to conflict zones across the region to bring back a story. In 2011, forces loyal to former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi held him captive for six weeks, according to the New York Times.

In an interview with The Boston Globe, Foley, a New Hampshire native, said he would not want his ordeal in Libya to frame his identity as a journalist, the Times reported.

"You don’t want to be defined as that guy who got captured in 2011," Foley said in the interview. "I believe that front-line journalism is important."

With wire services

Todays newspapers put it succinctly: Savages. Disgusting 8th century savages.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-20 09:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that they are killing journalists, they aren't so great after all.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-20 10:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

When was ISIS ever 'great'?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-20 10:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
When was ISIS ever 'great'?
When it produced the most revenue for the media.

About 2 weeks last April mainly.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-20 10:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Also saw that they murdered all the men/kidnapped all the women/children of a village because one of the village leaders refused to convert to Islam. (Yes, the story was on MSN, so I guess those of you inclined to be in denial can ignore it).

Not blaming Islam, btw. Clearly these are just a bunch of *** utilizing religion as a means to be brutal, sadistic, scum of the earth.

Not that we haven't seen such men use religion in such a fashion countless times before, but I guess if it weren't that, it'd be something else.

I strongly dislike the idea of sending troops into danger where many surely will not return home, but the emotionlessly pragmatic part of me says we should just give these *** what they think they want. Roll in there and just curbstomp them.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-20 10:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

When was anime ever 'great'?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-20 10:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
When was anime ever 'great'?

[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-20 10:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to say Akira but that works also.

I actually like some anime but I would say less than 10% of it.

Because of my friend I've seen so much bad anime that it is hard to be objective.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-20 12:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I was going to say Akira but that works also.

I actually like some anime but I would say less than 10% of it.

Because of my friend I've seen so much bad anime that it is hard to be objective.

Yeah. There's soooooo much out there, and it's hard to pick out anything decent, especially when you don't speak Japanese which actually tends to make you the target of snobbery from the Japanophiles who do.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17