Please Sign In To Stop Genocide In Palestine

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 117 118 119
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-02 06:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's an interesting story that I found from an unbiased source.

Quote:

An Israeli paper has removed an article from its website, which urged “genocide” in the besieged Gaza Strip, a report says.

The article titled “When Genocide Is Permissible” was published by The Times of Israel on Friday, but was removed hours later, the Moon of Alabama website reported.

Written by Yochanan Gordon, who defended the move on his Twitter page, the article called for committing genocide against the Palestinian civilians in Gaza who have been under a massive Israeli assault in the last 25 days.

Israel’s “hands are being tied by world leaders who over the past six years have insisted they are such good friends with” the regime, Gordon claimed, adding that “nothing, then, can be considered disproportionate” in fight against Gazans.

Closing his eyes on the widespread reports of civilian casualties inflicted by the Israeli attacks on Gaza, the author stated that according to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the purpose of the raid is to “restore a sustainable quiet for the citizens of Israel.”

“If political leaders and military experts determine that the only way to achieve its goal of sustaining quiet is through genocide is it then permissible to achieve those responsible goals?”

The call for genocide comes as US Secretary of State John Kerry condemned the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas on Friday for "capturing an Israeli soldier" and urged the group to release him.

“Hamas, which has security control over the Gaza Strip, must immediately and unconditionally release the missing Israeli soldier, and I call on those with influence over Hamas to reinforce this message,” Kerry said.

This is while Hamas says it has no information regarding the missing Israeli soldier, named as Second Lieutenant Hadar Goldin.

Israel has been pounding the Gaza Strip since July 8. The air, sea and land strikes by Israel have so far killed more than 1,600 people and injured nearly 9,000 of others in the coastal sliver.

The Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, has been launching retaliatory attacks against Israel.

The Israeli military says it has lost more than 60 of its troops in clashes with Palestinian resistance fighters during the 25 days of fighting, but Hamas puts the number at over 145.
Source
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-08-02 07:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

They really do have funny names. *** Yochanan.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-02 07:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Latin America's leaders are among the most vehement in condemning Israel's Gaza offensive -- labelling the Jewish state "terrorist", recalling ambassadors, and offering near-unanimous, unwavering support to Palestinians.

"I can't remember another similar situation where (all the countries in the region) have reacted practically as a bloc," said political scientist Reginaldo Nasser, a professor at the Pontifical University in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

One of the most symbolic recent developments came from Bolivian President Evo Morales -- one of the leaders of Latin America's far left -- who put Israel on its list of "Terrorist States" and eliminated a visa waiver program for Israeli citizens.

More than 1,400 Palestinians have been killed and 8,000 injured, two-thirds of them civilians, in Gaza in 24 days of fighting between Hamas and Israel. The conflict has also cost the lives of 61 Israeli soldiers, as well as two civilians and a Thai farm worker killed by rocket fire.

More than 245 of the dead Palestinians were children, UNICEF has said.

- Diplomatic recalls -

Brazil President Dilma Rousseff this week called the Israeli military operation a "massacre."

Tensions between the two countries had already escalated a week earlier, when Brazil recalled its envoy from Tel Aviv, a move that prompted Israel's foreign ministry spokesman to call the Latin American powerhouse a "diplomatic dwarf".

Rousseff's condemnation did not go as far as some of her peers. Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro denounced "a war of extermination that has lasted nearly a century" against the Palestinian people. A lawmaker from his party used the term "genocide" -- a term rejected by Rousseff.

Peru, Ecuador, Chile, and El Salvador have also recalled their ambassadors for consultations, while Costa Rica and Argentina, which have the largest Jewish populations in the region, called the Israeli ambassador for meetings at their foreign ministries.

The region has universally condemned the violence from Israeli military operations, urged a ceasefire and the resumption of negotiations between the two sides.

On Thursday, Uruguay President Jose Mujica asked for "an immediate withdrawal" of Israeli troops from Gaza and suggested it may also recall its envoy in Tel Aviv.

- Following the people -

Political scientist Nasser, himself surprised by the nearly unanimous condemnation of Israel, suggested several reasons.

"In the first place, a country today making a declaration against Israel is no longer considered outside international norms," he said.

There is also a link to anti-American sentiments, Nasser said, as a result of Israel's especially close diplomatic relationship to the United States.

But official moves have also reflected public anger at the war, said political scientist Ithai Bras, of the Autonomous University of Mexico.

In recent weeks, several protests across the region, from Mexico to southern Chile, have seen thousands of Latin Americans take to the streets in support of Palestinians.

These pro-Palestinian protests have been larger in Europe and Latin America than in Arab countries, Nasser noted, suggesting the issue speaks to concerns over asymmetrical relations.

Bras said the protests are "an identification with pain, a sentiment of solidarity with what is happening in Latin America," where feelings of oppression are widespread.
Latin America comes out in force against Israel
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-08-02 07:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i cant rly blame israel. They've been targets/attacked since they were founded in 48. Theyve had what, 10+ wars already plus countless 'events' or 'skirmishes'. Constant missile attacks. Areas running bomb shelter drills all the time, not for random practice or statistic upkeep like school in America, but because there is absolutely no doubt that they will be using them soon, and often. Neighbors on all sides that not only want them dead, but are more then willing to make it happen... You can only live like that for so long before being fed up with it and doing something about it. - Unfortunately, the hatred from Arab side is far to deep (probably from Israels side by now too.) You cant get through with logic or empathy with ppl like that. You know peace talks wont work. They haven't come close to working... ever. It rly seems to leave two options. An eternal ongoing conflict that never ends. Or one side wins. Both options kinda suck, no doubt (in a every life matters type of way.) Eternal conflict is just that. Ppl continue dieing over this for ever. Or it ends, by one side being wiped out. There rly is no good alternative (that can actually work.) And when one side is putting there military capabilities in civilian structures, and using civilians basically as human shields (or just killing them themselves)... i know what side my vote would be on for annihilation :/
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-02 08:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Henry Siegman a reliable source ?

http://m.democracynow.org/stories/14539
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-08-02 09:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Based LAN.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-02 09:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
i cant rly blame israel. They've been targets/attacked since they were founded in 48. Theyve had what, 10+ wars already plus countless 'events' or 'skirmishes'. Constant missile attacks. Areas running bomb shelter drills all the time, not for random practice or statistic upkeep like school in America, but because there is absolutely no doubt that they will be using them soon, and often. Neighbors on all sides that not only want them dead, but are more then willing to make it happen... You can only live like that for so long before being fed up with it and doing something about it. - Unfortunately, the hatred from Arab side is far to deep (probably from Israels side by now too.) You cant get through with logic or empathy with ppl like that. You know peace talks wont work. They haven't come close to working... ever. It rly seems to leave two options. An eternal ongoing conflict that never ends. Or one side wins. Both options kinda suck, no doubt (in a every life matters type of way.) Eternal conflict is just that. Ppl continue dieing over this for ever. Or it ends, by one side being wiped out. There rly is no good alternative (that can actually work.) And when one side is putting there military capabilities in civilian structures, and using civilians basically as human shields (or just killing them themselves)... i know what side my vote would be on for annihilation :/

Can't blame Israel anymore than you could blame the european colonists that killed millions of Native Americans.

The only thing that seems to be understood is force. Should a superior military power ever rise and invade the US, colonize it, I hope someone tells your grandchildren they can't blame them for the atrocities they suffer.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-08-02 09:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

Can't blame Israel anymore than you could blame the european colonists that killed millions of Native Americans.

The only thing that seems to be understood is force. Should a superior military power ever rise and invade the US, colonize it, I hope someone tells your grandchildren they can't blame them for the atrocities they suffer.

The level of ignorance in that statement is astounding. Its not even close. They invaded for the sake of personal gain. Israels actions are to protect themselves from ppl that are trying to annihilate them.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-02 09:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The level of ignorance in that statement is astounding. Its not even close. They invaded for the sake of personal gain. Israels actions are to protect themselves from ppl that are trying to annihilate them.

read this:
Is Henry Siegman a reliable source ?

and the UN 2009 report where Israel used the same argument.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-02 09:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
The land was a vassal territory of Britain and a hold over from the Ottoman Empire. What the *** are you guys talking about?

It wasn't their land? Then who was living on it during the Ottoman Empire? Unicorns?

I've pretty much decided to just make factually questionable sarcastic posts in this thread from here on out.

Really I should apply this mindset to my entire forum experience, it'd probably go better for everyone that way.

No people living in palestine says someone.. I wish people would actually get some background on stuff before they start spewing zionist propaganda.

The truth and supporting strong evidence is out there to anyone willing to open their eyes. Here are some videos of Palestine.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-02 09:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the kind of attitude that caused me to argue with people in this thread. I'm not a pro-Palestine, but the above is just..well it comments itself.

No people living in palestine says Sparthosx
Reread again.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-02 09:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Your level of ignorance is actually further demonstrated by this. They are one and the same.

1. Did European come to a land and claim land in both cases?
Yes
2. Did they displace the natural inhabitants?
Yes
3. Did the natural inhabitants rebel?
Yes
4. Did the natural inhabitants loose and suffer millions of deaths and casualties?
Yes.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-02 09:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
This is the kind of attitude that caused me to argue with people in this thread. I'm not a pro-Palestine, but the above is just..well it comments itself.

Reread again.

I have learned in this thread that if you don't agree with killing children cause there are hidden weapon that are never found, you're an ignorant anti-semitic.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-08-02 09:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Quote:

An Israeli paper has removed an article from its website, which urged “genocide” in the besieged Gaza Strip, a report says.

The article titled “When Genocide Is Permissible” was published by The Times of Israel on Friday, but was removed hours later, the Moon of Alabama website reported.

Written by Yochanan Gordon, who defended the move on his Twitter page, the article called for committing genocide against the Palestinian civilians in Gaza who have been under a massive Israeli assault in the last 25 days.

Israel’s “hands are being tied by world leaders who over the past six years have insisted they are such good friends with” the regime, Gordon claimed, adding that “nothing, then, can be considered disproportionate” in fight against Gazans.

Closing his eyes on the widespread reports of civilian casualties inflicted by the Israeli attacks on Gaza, the author stated that according to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the purpose of the raid is to “restore a sustainable quiet for the citizens of Israel.”

“If political leaders and military experts determine that the only way to achieve its goal of sustaining quiet is through genocide is it then permissible to achieve those responsible goals?”

The call for genocide comes as US Secretary of State John Kerry condemned the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas on Friday for "capturing an Israeli soldier" and urged the group to release him.

“Hamas, which has security control over the Gaza Strip, must immediately and unconditionally release the missing Israeli soldier, and I call on those with influence over Hamas to reinforce this message,” Kerry said.

This is while Hamas says it has no information regarding the missing Israeli soldier, named as Second Lieutenant Hadar Goldin.

Israel has been pounding the Gaza Strip since July 8. The air, sea and land strikes by Israel have so far killed more than 1,600 people and injured nearly 9,000 of others in the coastal sliver.

The Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, has been launching retaliatory attacks against Israel.

The Israeli military says it has lost more than 60 of its troops in clashes with Palestinian resistance fighters during the 25 days of fighting, but Hamas puts the number at over 145.
Source

Israel is drunk with power. On the inside they know what they are doing and they are getting cockier and more blunt about it.

-We've Israeli children sign rockets and missles saying "from the children of Israel to the Children of Palestine"

-We've seen Israelis host picnic sittings to watch the Gaza strip being bombed with beers in their hands, singing and chanting songs with lyrics calling for genocide.

-We've seen Israeli politicians state that killing of the palestinian mothers ensures that no more resistance will be born onto this earth.

-we've seen another israeli public figure state that young/children terrorists are still terrorists.

We will continue to see more and more movement towards drunken power crazed attitudes from the Israelis because the US is blocking the world's effort to stop this.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-08-02 09:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Your level of ignorance is actually further demonstrated by this. They are one and the same.

Yes
Yes
Yes
4. Did the natural inhabitants loose and suffer millions of deaths and casualties?
Yes.

No.
1. Israel is fighting right now to gain more land. They are fighting for survival.
2. Its war. Of course ppl are going to die. It might suck, but thats what happens in war.
3. The 'Natural inhabitants' arnt rebelling against Israel, they are trying to annihilate it because they believe in something different.
4. See #2.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-08-02 09:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Reread again.

I have learned in this thread that if you don't agree with killing children cause there are hidden weapon that are never found, you're an ignorant anti-semitic.

Disagree completely. Id love for the fighting to end and everyone to live peacefully together. I just am aware that that is not going to happen. - The killing needs to end. But those sides will never stop killing each other as long as the other exists. Which means, if you want it to end then one side is going to have to lose (otherwise it will go on forever.)
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-02 09:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes.

No.
1. Israel is fighting right now to gain more land. They are fighting for survival.
2. Its war. Of course ppl are going to die. It might suck, but thats what happens in war.
3. The 'Natural inhabitants' arnt rebelling against Israel, they are trying to annihilate it because they believe in something different.
4. See #2.

Did you read this ? Heanry Siegman was the Executive Director of the American Jewish Congress (1978–1994) disagree with you and so does the 2009 UN report about the previous mass murder in Gaza.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-02 09:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

*massage head* I don't know if some people are either media-brainwashed, ignorant and talk just to pretend they know ***, or plain dumb.

I'll leave the sentence to others.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-02 09:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes.

No.
4. See #2.

Well at leasr you made 1 honest and correct statement.

here's some Mandela for you about Palestine "Their cause is just like our Cause"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5TiUhhm7cQ#t=267
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-08-02 09:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

bah.. ment
1. Israel is not fighting right now to gain more land. They are fighting for survival.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-02 09:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

bah.. ment
1. Israel is not fighting right now to gain more land. They are fighting for survival.

I take it you don't believe in UN report :( or what anyone that disagree with current Israel politics has to say :(
By fonewear 2014-08-02 09:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading this thread is worse than doing homework.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-08-02 09:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

bah.. ment

The bolded part is correct, but we're not just talking about "right now".
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-08-02 09:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes.

No.
4. See #2.

Did you read this ? Heanry Siegman was the Executive Director of the American Jewish Congress (1978–1994) disagree with you and so does the 2009 UN report about the previous mass murder in Gaza.

Just because he is Jewish doesn't make his opinion more relevant then anyone elses. The same reason when blazed said
i didn't bother mentioning that i am of Native American blood. That fact alone does not make my opinion more valid then others.

Tho i do agree with him in many aspects. The deaths of the civilians is tragic. It would be great if no civilian casualties existed. But its something that is hard to do in modern warfare. Especially when ppl are hiding/storing there rockets and weapons next to or inside civilian structures. What is Israel supposed to do to neutralize that threat? If hiding them near civilian structures means Israel shouldn't atk, then that's just giving there enemy a free pass to atk without reprisal. And then they will start putting even more weaponry at civilian locations.
I don't like any of it, but choices are limited.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-08-02 09:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
bah.. ment

The bolded part is correct, but we're not just talking about "right now".

i am'

Edit: im not going to atk or defend actions in there history. I went to a new jersey public school.. we didnt learn about things like that. So im not going to rant on about something i know that i have no main knowledge about. - Everything ive said is pertaining to right now.
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-08-02 10:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Quote:

Source

Seems like they need some sort of new solution to the issues at hand, something final.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-02 10:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What about the 2009 UN report ?

Also do you know what the American Jewish Congress is ?
By fonewear 2014-08-02 10:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This UN you speak I've never heard of them.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-02 10:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to a new jersey public school
Made me chuckle that this is a justification lol. Is NJ really so bad as everyone says?
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-02 10:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

This UN you speak I've never heard of them.

Did you went to a NJ school too :( ?
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 117 118 119