Please Sign In To Stop Genocide In Palestine

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
Please sign in to Stop genocide in palestine
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 117 118 119
By Blazed1979 2014-07-31 09:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
"Religion should be dropped" is not a very useful argument since it's clearly unrealistic. If you wanna discuss at least be real.

Expecting this to end at all is unrealistic if we can't get people to let go of religion, or at least very large aspects of it.

While not all of those who believe in Islam believe this way, the ones currently engaged in military conflict tend to believe their religion demands of them what they're doing. If you can't get them to abandon this core belief of their religion, expecting an end to any conflict in which they are engaged is a pipe dream.

That's not really accurate. The use of Islam as a banner to repel invading armies is true. People rally behind what they believe when faced with an outside invading army.

The arab world was colonized by foreign powers. The arab world happens to be Muslim. The arab world were radicalized due to very harsh imperialistic foreign policies. they rally behind Islam. Islam is to blame?

wait wut? lol
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-31 09:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
"Religion should be dropped" is not a very useful argument since it's clearly unrealistic. If you wanna discuss at least be real.
Unrealistic in today's society, unknown in future though.

All it would take is proof that God does not exist and/or a major event to happen for this to take place.

For example: nearly all religious texts (taken seriously of course, not the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or other such religions) state that humans are the only beings in the universe. If aliens make contact tomorrow, that would throw the entire religious community in disarray because one of their biggest aspects is the singularity of humans in existence (and that humans are the spitting image of God and all that jazz).

Aliens land and God is proven to not exist. Religions abolished, and/or Spaghetti Monster takes over the world.
So waiting for aliens is the new solution to this conflict? Amazing.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-31 09:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Dude, which side is occupying the other?
I mean what do you expect the palestinians to just dig their own graves and be like "All right, you guys were right.. we should be dead. This land is yours because God said so in that book of yours. Do us a favor and lay the sand on our dead carcases after we've all killed ourselves"

No. See, you're full of ***saying you've read the entire thread, because I'm going to have to keep rehashing myself here.

What I'm saying is both sides need to ditch the religion ***, learn that eventually you have to let the past be the past, and work together to build a peaceful region. Neither side is willing to do that. Because..."holy land", apparently.

*** religious nonsense.

I'm sorry you live in a christian community - what does that mean by the way? Christian can mean a lot of things. Are you sure is the christian aspect of the community you have issue with or is it the ignorant aspect?

I'm democratic. unbending, absolutely democratic.
I'm also religious, but religiously tolerant.
I'm also secularists.

How?
Simple Hypothetical -If I'm Muslim and my community is Christian, well I gotta deal with it. That means if they vote no Halal food on the supermarket shelves, that's my problem. I can either live with it, move or lobby against it. What I CANNOT do is force them to believe something else, or start taking illegal action to get Halal food on the supermarket shelves. Should that community vote that I can have Halal food send just to me because I'm a part of the community and it isn't harming anyone else, good for them. Appreciated. Thank you.

Where you and I seem to differ is I do not want to force people to abandon religion. They can have religion. As long as I can have mine in my own private life. I just do not want politics and religion merged or fused together.

That means its fine if the inhabitants of the state are religious. But I don't want religious clerics dictating laws. I want technocrats dictating the laws.

Religion is a personal choice, it should be personal. If everyone in a community are religious, than the democratic process will safegaurd their beliefs.
This... only works in theory. World history is a great example of that. Even in the modern world.

Would be nice if it really worked that way
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-31 09:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm waiting for the flying spaghetti monster. I bet his policies on Italian food preparations are delicious.
By Blazed1979 2014-07-31 09:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Also, whats wrong with an Islamic state? There were many before and they were pretty good. Al Andulus was awesome.
That, and the Zionists are calling for a Jewish state.

Why can one people ask for a state based on their faith and the others cant?
A lot of people do support a 2 state permanent peace agreement.

However, it seems that neither want to budge. One wants to expand it's settlements, the other, wants to wipe out an entire race of people in the most violent way possible, and uses it's own citizens as shields.

"It" doesn't use its citizens as shields. "It" IS its Citizens. This is a popular cause across the muslim world.

All muslims want the palestinians to have their own state. The difference between them and Hamas is that they choose different tactics. Some diplomatic, some economical, some political.

However, Hamas are the people on the ground who have had their children, wives, uncles, fathers and mothers killed/murdered/raped etc by the Israelis. That and they have been cut off from the rest of the world. They're in war. I don't exactly expect them to walk over to an Israeli settlement and wave a white flag to the family of immigrants who are fresh off the boat but currently living in their old home which they were evicted from.

Right. I forgot. The children willingly get themselves killed for the cause to make Israel look bad.

Cant tell if you're being sarcastic or really think that? (In case its sarcasm, sorry, I've read some posts on this thread that have shocked me) in case you really think that - the media has demonized the palestinians to the point that your logic and rationality are detached from the issue.

If your assertion is that Hamas has never used its own non-combatants as chess pieces and placed them in danger/gotten them killed as a PR move, then you're probably beyond rational discussion.

Both sides are terrible in this conflict. Period.

I will sink your battleship - please provide an unbiased source stating Hamas have done this.
Someone posted several examples of the Israelis doing this earlier in the thread.
I've thrown down the gauntlet, get me a proven case.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-31 09:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-07-31 09:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean what do you expect the palestinians to just dig their own graves and be like "All right, you guys were right.. we should be dead. This land is yours because God said so in that book of yours. Do us a favor and lay the sand on our dead carcases after we've all killed ourselves"

No. See, you're full of ***saying you've read the entire thread, because I'm going to have to keep rehashing myself here.

What I'm saying is both sides need to ditch the religion ***, learn that eventually you have to let the past be the past, and work together to build a peaceful region. Neither side is willing to do that. Because..."holy land", apparently.

*** religious nonsense.

I'm sorry you live in a christian community - what does that mean by the way? Christian can mean a lot of things. Are you sure is the christian aspect of the community you have issue with or is it the ignorant aspect?

I'm also secularists.

How?
Simple Hypothetical -If I'm Muslim and my community is Christian, well I gotta deal with it. That means if they vote no Halal food on the supermarket shelves, that's my problem. I can either live with it, move or lobby against it. What I CANNOT do is force them to believe something else, or start taking illegal action to get Halal food on the supermarket shelves. Should that community vote that I can have Halal food send just to me because I'm a part of the community and it isn't harming anyone else, good for them. Appreciated. Thank you.

Where you and I seem to differ is I do not want to force people to abandon religion. They can have religion. As long as I can have mine in my own private life. I just do not want politics and religion merged or fused together.

That means its fine if the inhabitants of the state are religious. But I don't want religious clerics dictating laws. I want technocrats dictating the laws.

Religion is a personal choice, it should be personal. If everyone in a community are religious, than the democratic process will safegaurd their beliefs.
This... only works in theory. World history is a great example of that. Even in the modern world.

Actually history stretches back further than the last 100 years. Don't mean to sound condescending, but you should read up on the Ottoman empire and Al Andulus, Jerusalem under the muslims rule.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-31 09:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've thrown down the gauntlet, get me a proven case.

/picks up the gauntlet

did you make this out of beer cans?

I bet I can get some money for this....

/walks away
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-31 09:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Expecting this to end at all is unrealistic if we can't get people to let go of religion, or at least very large aspects of it.

While not all of those who believe in Islam believe this way, the ones currently engaged in military conflict tend to believe their religion demands of them what they're doing. If you can't get them to abandon this core belief of their religion, expecting an end to any conflict in which they are engaged is a pipe dream.

That's not really accurate. The use of Islam as a banner to repel invading armies is true. People rally behind what they believe when faced with an outside invading army.

The arab world was colonized by foreign powers. The arab world happens to be Muslim. The arab world were radicalized due to very harsh imperialistic foreign policies. they rally behind Islam. Islam is to blame?

wait wut? lol

...there are many in the Islamic world who believe that their religion demands of them to take the fight to non-believers. Yes within theological circles this is debated, but it doesn't stop believers from carrying out violent actions around the globe.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-31 09:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I will sink your battleship - please provide an unbiased source stating Hamas have done this.
Before we can provide an unbiased source, please tell us what sources you consider biased first. Wait, since that list will be very long, why not provide us a list of sources you consider unbiased.

We'll wait.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-31 09:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

History tells me that this thread will repeat itself until locked or derailed. My vote is to derail.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-31 09:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

*** religious nonsense.

I'm also secularists.

How?

Actually history stretches back further than the last 100 years. Don't mean to sound condescending, but you should read up on the Ottoman empire and Al Andulus, Jerusalem under the muslims rule.
I have, and if you've read as far back into this thread as you claimed to have done, you would have seen that I posted some of the history, and that, for a time, everyone who was considered Palestinian (this includes Arabs, Muslims, Jewish, Hebrew, Canaanites, etc.), lived in large stretches of peace.

history has proven, that:
1. Peace is ephemeral.
2 War is inevitable when one government covets another country's resources and prosperity.
3. Historically speaking, the Jewish people are the single most discriminated people ever.
4. The Ottoman empire was not all that peaceful
5. I should read more on Al Andulus.
6. The "most prosperous time" circa 800-1100AD, was the most devastating time under Muslim rule, with war on their doorsteps almost every 10 years, for as long as 30-40 years at a time, making it the most desolate time in that region's history.
By Blazed1979 2014-07-31 09:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

wait wut? lol

...there are many in the Islamic world who believe that their religion demands of them to take the fight to non-believers. Yes within theological circles this is debated, but it doesn't stop believers from carrying out violent actions around the globe.

Dude... there are 1.7 billion muslims... even if 100,000 of them believe what you think they do, that isn't "many" at all.. in fact its less than a percentile.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-31 09:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Nothing is ever so clear in the complex and often brutal calculus of urban warfare. There is no evidence that Hamas and other militants force civilians to stay in areas that are under attack — the legal definition of a human shield under international law. But it is indisputable that Gaza militants operate in civilian areas, draw return fire to civilian structures, and on some level benefit in the diplomatic arena from the rising casualties. They also have at times encouraged residents not to flee their homes when alerted by Israel to a pending strike and, having prepared extensively for war, did not build civilian bomb shelters.
Source

Good article on why both groups are douchebags
[+]
By fonewear 2014-07-31 09:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is my plan to turn the Middle East into Disneyworld still valid ?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-07-31 09:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Peace is ephemeral - or it has just not been properly written and consolidated.
2 War is inevitable when one government covets another country's resources and prosperity - Agreed. But whats wrong with that? Whats the alternative - let it slide brah?
3. Historically speaking, the Jewish people are the single most discriminated people ever by the Europeans. (FTFY)
4. The Ottoman empire was not all that peaceful - compared to the other empires, it was.
5. I should read more on Al Andulus - yep.
6. The "most prosperous time" circa 800-1100AD, was the most devastating time under Muslim rule, with war on their doorsteps almost every 10 years, for as long as 30-40 years at a time, making it the most desolate time in that region's history - need to look at causes not who was ruling.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-31 09:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Before we can provide an unbiased source, please tell us what sources you consider biased first. Wait, since that list will be very long, why not provide us a list of sources you consider unbiased.

We'll wait.
By Blazed1979 2014-07-31 09:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Nothing is ever so clear in the complex and often brutal calculus of urban warfare. There is no evidence that Hamas and other militants force civilians to stay in areas that are under attack — the legal definition of a human shield under international law. But it is indisputable that Gaza militants operate in civilian areas, draw return fire to civilian structures, and on some level benefit in the diplomatic arena from the rising casualties. They also have at times encouraged residents not to flee their homes when alerted by Israel to a pending strike and, having prepared extensively for war, did not build civilian bomb shelters.
Source

Good article on why both groups are douchebags

1. It doesn't state a specific incident.
2. I said an unbiased source - the New york times? Get me a UN report, an Amnesty International report. I'll accept a gaurdian report at the very least.
3. Gaza is one of the most densely populated cages in the world. You can't take a step to the left or right without coming into contact with a civilian. Have you seen the size of the Gaza strip?
 Leviathan.Redherring
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Redherring 2014-07-31 09:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Is my plan to turn the Middle East into Disneyworld still valid ?

market it as a Disney Aladdin Adventure Experience.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-07-31 09:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The only unbiased source is Allah.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-31 09:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

wait wut? lol

Dude... there are 1.7 billion muslims... even if 100,000 of them believe what you think they do, that isn't "many" at all.. in fact its less than a percentile.

Quote:
The vast majority of Muslims are moderate, pious people who suffer more from terrorism and violence than non-Muslims. Ninety-three percent of Muslims do not support extremist views of terrorism.
Source

This is only one "poll", but given it's coming from a site that's pushing for understand and peace between Muslims and non-Muslims (a goal I agree with).

But even it's endorsing the 93% number of non-extremists. Meaning 7% are. As such, you're look at potentially up to 7% of Muslims ready and willing to commit acts of violence on behalf of their religion.

Which, using your number of 1.7B, is 119,000,000.

So if even 1% of those people actually buy into the religious basis for violence, that's an army of over a million religious zealots ready to kill and die for the sake of religion.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-31 09:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I have another question (aiming at 100 page ?!?), do you guys think Israeli army never used Palestinian as a shield ?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-31 09:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

...there are many in the Islamic world who believe that their religion demands of them to take the fight to non-believers.

yeah I'll never understand how people hold on to both ideas...

there is an all powerful god, capable of destroying the universe in an eye blink...

and he needs my help, in any way, shape or form...

including, but not limited too, help with converting people, killing people, giving someone else my money, prayers, sacrifice, weekly visits to a building, burnt offerings,etc.

most of which directly conflicts with the rules he supposedly made up that we are supposed to be adhering too most stringently .

Thou shall not kill

I'm looked twice and underneath it doesn't say anything about extenuating circumstances where it's sometimes OK...
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-31 09:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Peace is ephemeral - or it has just not been properly written and consolidated.
2 War is inevitable when one government covets another country's resources and prosperity - Agreed. But whats wrong with that? Whats the alternative - let it slide brah?
3. Historically speaking, the Jewish people are the single most discriminated people ever by the Europeans. (FTFY)
4. The Ottoman empire was not all that peaceful - compared to the other empires, it was.
6. The "most prosperous time" circa 800-1100AD, was the most devastating time under Muslim rule, with war on their doorsteps almost every 10 years, for as long as 30-40 years at a time, making it the most desolate time in that region's history - need to look at causes not who was ruling.
There has never been a nation that has had everlasting peace.

So yes, Peace is ephemeral. it's not a constant, nor, through out human history, been a constant.

If you agreed that war is inevitable, then that's an agreement that peace is ephemeral.

Actually, the Europeans have had less exposure to the Jewish, and have been most persecuted by Egypt. Still doesn't change they are the most persecuted race of people on the planet.

Saying that "compared to the other empires" is a deflection of the fact that it wasn't that peaceful, and dismisses the fact.

Who is ruling, is often the most concerning fact that leads people to war.
By fonewear 2014-07-31 09:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
I have another question will anyone care at page 100 ?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-07-31 09:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
I have another question (aiming at 100 page ?!?), do you guys think Israeli army never used Palestinian as a shield ?
Against who?

In order for somebody to use somebody else as a shield, there has to be an attack from somebody else.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-07-31 09:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

1. It doesn't state a specific incident.
2. I said an unbiased source - the New york times? Get me a UN report, an Amnesty International report. I'll accept a gaurdian report at the very least.
3. Gaza is one of the most densely populated cages in the world. You can't take a step to the left or right without coming into contact with a civilian. Have you seen the size of the Gaza strip?

The US doesn't believe in 2009 Gaza/Israel war UN report cause Israel said it wasn't accurate.
By Blazed1979 2014-07-31 09:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

wait wut? lol

Quote:
The vast majority of Muslims are moderate, pious people who suffer more from terrorism and violence than non-Muslims. Ninety-three percent of Muslims do not support extremist views of terrorism.
Source

This is only one "poll", but given it's coming from a site that's pushing for understand and peace between Muslims and non-Muslims (a goal I agree with).

But even it's endorsing the 93% number of non-extremists. Meaning 7% are. As such, you're look at potentially up to 7% of Muslims ready and willing to commit acts of violence on behalf of their religion.

Which, using your number of 1.7B, is 119,000,000.

So if even 1% of those people actually buy into the religious basis for violence, that's an army of over a million religious zealots ready to kill and die for the sake of religion.

I wonder what questions as answered yes/no qualify you as being an extremist and who decides that.

I found it downright offensive that Fifa forced the Koreans not to serve dog food during the 2006 world cup where, in their land, its normal. Sure, it makes my guts twist and twirl at the thought of a dog being chopped up, and I would never eat it. But that's just me. I'm sure certain Indians find it offensive that I eat burgers made out of cow, a sacred deity to some of them.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-31 09:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What I'm getting from this entire portion of the discussion is that you're only going to be happy if we all absolve Hamas and Palestine of any wrongdoing; in fact, Muslim nations have never been the aggressors in anything and have always been the ones wronged against. Additionally, you'd really appreciate if we admit that those damn Jews in Israel are the one and only cause of all the current issues.

Am I missing anything?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 117 118 119