Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 349 350 351 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-03-03 22:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

you just quoted me answering questions.

i got a video of DX a group from WWE that was popular just for you and your cohorts
YouTube Video Placeholder

satans waiting for ya
By Bloodrose 2015-03-03 22:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Answering questions, with dodgy questions, is not answering. It's skirting the issue.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-03 22:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Altsmithra said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
It's data from the actual study. And if you had read anything I had linked at all, you'd know why it only goes to 2011.

Still, I'd love to hear your interpretation of the study.

It's actually pretty interesting to see a causal link, even if it is a small study of limited scope.

No need. That horrible graph says it all, ending at 2011 is just the nail in the coffin. Keep on trying to fear monger irrational people though, global warming is on its last legs and you're running out of time.

Uh, if you're right, they've got until Jesus comes back to prove their theory... Also, why the sock account? Did the pinko mods strike you down for trying to spread the truth again?

I'm topic banned for pointing out a troll, look who made this thread and your assumption isn't far off.
I like the jesus reference since it brings us back to global warming being a religion and all who worship at the alter of Al Gore need to have their heads examined. It is more likely that sane rational people are gonna just stop paying attention to all the fear mongering from global warmists and the whole thing will die the very funny and slow death it deserves.

Calling climate science a religion as a means to discredit it is like punching yourself in the face as a way to show how hard you hit. You may want to re-examine how you present your argument.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-03 22:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
It's data from the actual study. And if you had read anything I had linked at all, you'd know why it only goes to 2011.

Still, I'd love to hear your interpretation of the study.

It's actually pretty interesting to see a causal link, even if it is a small study of limited scope.

No need. That horrible graph says it all, ending at 2011 is just the nail in the coffin. Keep on trying to fear monger irrational people though, global warming is on its last legs and you're running out of time.

Uh, if you're right, they've got until Jesus comes back to prove their theory... Also, why the sock account? Did the pinko mods strike you down for trying to spread the truth again?

I'm topic banned for pointing out a troll, look who made this thread and your assumption isn't far off.
I like the jesus reference since it brings us back to global warming being a religion and all who worship at the alter of Al Gore need to have their heads examined. It is more likely that sane rational people are gonna just stop paying attention to all the fear mongering from global warmists and the whole thing will die the very funny and slow death it deserves.

Calling climate science a religion as a means to discredit it is like punching yourself in the face as a way to show how hard you hit. You may want to re-examine how you present your argument.
But Jassik! Look at the size of this shiner i gave myself! That's proof of how hard i can hit!
[+]
By Altsmithra 2015-03-03 22:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition.

Bloodrose said: »
But Jassik! Look at the size of this shiner i gave myself! That's proof of how hard i can hit!

You two should get a room.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-03-03 22:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't ban evasion in itself a bannable offense? It usually is in other forums.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-03-03 22:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What did altima do this time, lol.
By Altsmithra 2015-03-03 22:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
What did altima do this time, lol.

Seems my opinions are banable even though they don't break the rules and every other poster seems to get along just fine doing far worse than anything I have. Funny how that works around here huh.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-03-03 22:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats so cute.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-03 23:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition.

Uh, no... A straw man tactic involves creating a less defensible version of someone's position and then arguing against that construction instead of arguing against their position.

I pointed out a glaring hole in the way you are presenting your argument, or rather not presenting it. You do more to discredit your position than I ever could, and your approach to discussions and other people is why you were topic banned.

I'm pretty sure that avoiding a ban by making a sock account is also ban-worthy, but I could be wrong.
By Altsmithra 2015-03-03 23:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Uh, no... A straw man tactic involves creating a less defensible version of someone's position and then arguing against that construction instead of arguing against their position.

I pointed out a glaring hole in the way you are presenting your argument, or rather not presenting it. You do more to discredit your position than I ever could, and your approach to discussions and other people is why you were topic banned.

I'm pretty sure that avoiding a ban by making a sock account is also ban-worthy, but I could be wrong.

All you did was attack my opinion as an attempt to draw me into an argument and as per usual 3-4 other people pile on. It is hilarious how much attention I get when I make a post. Hell I've commented civilly in 3 different threads today and the amount of flak I get from an opinion is incredible.
When I do the things to other posters that they do to me I get topic banned or just plain banned. The slant on these forums are quite well known, seems the mods don't care what anyone thinks about they handle things. I'm just here to waste time and have a few laughs which happens quite often, then you guys get your panties in a bunch and start whining. I'd liken the conversations that go on around here to hallways in grade school when someone doesn't agree with the majority.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-03-03 23:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know whats more adorable, the fact he claims to be a victim, or the fact he claims he posts civilly.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-03 23:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

All you did was attack my opinion as an attempt to draw me into an argument and as per usual 3-4 other people pile on. It is hilarious how much attention I get when I make a post. Hell I've commented civilly in 3 different threads today and the amount of flak I get from an opinion is incredible.
When I do the things to other posters that they do to me I get topic banned or just plain banned. The slant on these forums are quite well known, seems the mods don't care what anyone thinks about they handle things. I'm just here to waste time and have a few laughs which happens quite often, then you guys get your panties in a bunch and start whining. I'd liken the conversations that go on around here to hallways in grade school when someone doesn't agree with the majority.

I didn't attack your opinion, holy crap you're dense. You say you're religious and that your religious views are 100% correct and above criticism. Then, you call Science a religion. So, either you're trying to claim that Science is blind faith in opposition to evidence or you're saying it's 100% right and above criticism. Either way, you are effectively insulting yourself and discrediting your presentation as I explained.

You're welcome to present an opinion or argument for your position, but all you do is attack people and ideas then claim to be a victim when challenged.

And, no, not every opinion deserves respect simply for being someone's opinion. You and KNB have been very rude and dismissive towards Lordgrim. It seems that you're only concerned with fairness and respect when you're the target, it's perfectly fine to attack and belittle people when it's you doing the attacking.

All I ever hear from you is hyperbole and condescension followed by a load of soccer level hamming it up for a foul call. Grow up.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-03-03 23:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You and KNB have been very rude and dismissive towards Lordgrim.

I don't recall Altima attacking Lordgrim. Maybe I missed that part?
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-03-03 23:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Do you even understand what a breach of national security this is? Government email domains are subject to pretty critical security. Using her own private email address pretty much means any independent hacker with a brain could hack into them to see what she was talking about through them.
The Pentagon, CIA, and FBI have all been effectively hacked. A .gov e-mail address is, if anything, a bigger target than a Gmail account that might belong to the Secretary of State.

Also, the rules don't require that the Secretary of State use her governmental e-mail address, just that all records of communication be retained. Which appears to be what has happened, it's just taking an extra step to collect the data.

People cannot use personal email to conduct government business and it's for more than just simple security concerns. All emails are available as record for government employees. Now when they use personal email it is basically on the honor system if/when they turn over emails. You cannot give a pass on this and insert your own excuse. Just ridiculous.
So you didn't read the article. Cue surprise... error, surprise failed.

And I quote, "Both the letter and spirit of the rules permitted State Department officials to use non-government email, as long as appropriate records were preserved." Dipshit.
By Altsmithra 2015-03-03 23:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

That is because Jassik rely's on blatant lies and putting words into peoples mouth. I have never attacked lordgrim and I have never comment on my religious beliefs on these forums. Notice how I said NEVER TWICE!

All he can do is attack and deflect and call other people out for the exact things he does and think he is above it all.

have a few laughs which happens quite often
This is what I am here for when they have to rely on being hypocritical lairs to deflect away from the fact that they have nothing beyond that.
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-03-04 00:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems that you're only concerned with fairness and respect when you're the target, it's perfectly fine to attack and belittle people when it's you doing the attacking.
In fairness, he trawls out his "You pinko *** liberals are always so mean" in response to basically anyone he doesn't like speaking to anyone he likes. It's not just about him, it's also about a handful of others who need not be thrown under this particular bus by being named.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-03-04 00:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Isn't ban evasion in itself a bannable offense? It usually is in other forums.

Backreading sure is fun sometimes. The hammer hath been layeth.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-03-04 00:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That is because Jassik rely's on blatant lies and putting words into peoples mouth. I have never attacked lordgrim and I have never comment on my religious beliefs on these forums. Notice how I said NEVER TWICE!

Yeah, on this part I'm going to have to challenge Jassik to actually provide some evidence of him either being rude to Lordgrim or claiming that his religious views are 100% correct and beyond criticism. If you're going to complain about people setting up strawmen, it helps to not set up two strawmen of your own on the same page.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-04 00:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

who cares if people build strawmen they scare away the crows! and i thought the only way to get banned here was to touch one of the sexually repressed purple bars feel bads ?
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-03-04 00:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still trying to understand why I still care to handle day to day operations to handle f%!@tards on a gaming website when I haven't played since last year and with no intent on playing again.

Answer?

Let me ask Mr. Owl.

By Bloodrose 2015-03-04 00:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
I'm still trying to understand why I still care to handle day to day operations to handle f%!@tards on a gaming website when I haven't played since last year and with no intent on playing again.

Answer?

Let me ask Mr. Owl.

The answer is 3.

Followed by B

Followed by Cause.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-03-04 00:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a government answer.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-04 00:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like you've been drinking too much water laced with trace amounts of fluoride!

Also, it is a government answer.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-04 00:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

addicted to what miniscule power you have over the lower nerds ?
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-04 00:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cat-stache should be all the reason you need.

Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-03-04 00:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Answer?

Let me ask Mr. Owl.

- Do not insult other people
Belittling other people for their intellectual taste in their opinion is insulting them. Therefore calling someone stupid, an idiot, dumb, etc; is insulting no matter the structure of the sentence.

I think we're wearing Aelius down. He's becoming one of us! Join the fray, we've got candy!
By Bloodrose 2015-03-04 00:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Answer?

Let me ask Mr. Owl.

- Do not insult other people
Belittling other people for their intellectual taste in their opinion is insulting them. Therefore calling someone stupid, an idiot, dumb, etc; is insulting no matter the structure of the sentence.

I think we're wearing Aelius down. He's becoming one of us! Join the fray, we've got candy!
I have to keep my sugar intake low.

So of course i have more candy than i could ever need.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-04 00:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

so my term "religiots" isn't allowed then ? :(
First Page 2 3 ... 349 350 351 ... 1375 1376 1377