Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 348 349 350 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-03 16:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a heated situation.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-03 16:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's a heated situation.

Such a bad pun that it is good !
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-03-03 17:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
One more global warming cause I know you need your fix:

http://mashable.com/2015/03/02/global-warming-syria-civil-war/

TLDR: global warming is causing war in Syria.

I'd post the full story but it is really long and don't want to waste 30 seconds of your life.

http://mashable.com/2015/03/03/global-warming-california/

Global warming in California also same thing

TLDR: Won't someone please think of the children recycle plastics etc.

Global warming is causing a war in California? Well it's about time.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-03 17:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The war between the Whole Foods shoppers and those that shop at Wal Mart.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-03 17:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, since it's been brought up....

First Direct Observation of Carbon Dioxide’s Increasing Greenhouse Effect at the Earth’s Surface
Quote:
Scientists have observed an increase in carbon dioxide’s greenhouse effect at the Earth’s surface for the first time. The researchers, led by scientists from the US Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab), measured atmospheric carbon dioxide’s increasing capacity to absorb thermal radiation emitted from the Earth’s surface over an eleven-year period at two locations in North America. They attributed this upward trend to rising CO2 levels from fossil fuel emissions.

The influence of atmospheric CO2 on the balance between incoming energy from the Sun and outgoing heat from the Earth (also called the planet’s energy balance) is well established. But this effect has not been experimentally confirmed outside the laboratory until now. The research is reported Wednesday, Feb. 25, in the advance online publication of the journal Nature.

The results agree with theoretical predictions of the greenhouse effect due to human activity. The research also provides further confirmation that the calculations used in today’s climate models are on track when it comes to representing the impact of CO2.
Full paper:
Observational determination of surface radiative forcing by CO2 from 2000 to 2010

I'm sure this will appease the people who are still waiting on, you know, real evidence or whatever.
By fonewear 2015-03-03 17:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm full of CO2 that and *** !

I'm doing my part to increase the CO2 levels one breath at a time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-03-03 17:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The war between the Whole Foods shoppers and those that shop at Wal Mart.

What weapons are the Whole Foods shoppers using? Blogs and Twitter?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-03 17:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

They are trying to shame the Wal Mart shoppers into recycling their plastic bags and buying organic.

#everylittlebitcounts
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-03-03 17:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They are trying to shame the Wal Mart shoppers into recycling their plastic bags and buying organic.

#everylittlebitcounts

#savingtheworldwithanger
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-03 17:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

From the whole foods website:

We sell product—a beautiful, worthy and ancient product—so that we can plant trees and encourage kids to stay in school. One by one, we try to expand what’s possible for individuals, then for neighborhoods.”

You can't make this ***up.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-03 17:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So if I get this straight shopping at whole foods encourages kids to stay in school makes sense.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-03 17:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

With all the hippie *** I'm surprised they even are allowed to be a profitable business.

Looks like propaganda:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-03 17:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Do you even understand what a breach of national security this is? Government email domains are subject to pretty critical security. Using her own private email address pretty much means any independent hacker with a brain could hack into them to see what she was talking about through them.
The Pentagon, CIA, and FBI have all been effectively hacked. A .gov e-mail address is, if anything, a bigger target than a Gmail account that might belong to the Secretary of State.

Also, the rules don't require that the Secretary of State use her governmental e-mail address, just that all records of communication be retained. Which appears to be what has happened, it's just taking an extra step to collect the data.

People cannot use personal email to conduct government business and it's for more than just simple security concerns. All emails are available as record for government employees. Now when they use personal email it is basically on the honor system if/when they turn over emails. You cannot give a pass on this and insert your own excuse. Just ridiculous.

It seems pretty shady to conduct any government business over personal email even if it is commonplace. Though, there are plenty of reasons for and against it, I don't think the security of the information is relevant.
By fonewear 2015-03-03 17:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The real question is who would want to talk to Hillary...e-mail or otherwise.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-03-03 18:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The real question is who would want to talk to Hillary...e-mail or otherwise.

Arianna Huffington?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-03 18:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015/03/sharknado-seeks-members-of-congress-203334.html?hp=b2_l3

Members of Congress might say working in Washington is like swimming with sharks, but they now have the opportunity to make that a reality with the chance to appear in "Sharknado 3."

Representatives for the campy movie about shark-infested storms from the Syfy network are sending out emails to public relations associates, asking for help contacting “select recognizable Senators and Congressmen, and a few others like Colin Powell and Oliver North," according to an industry source.

The movie has already cast Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban and conservative commentator Ann Coulter as president and vice president, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

"Sharknado 3" will be set in Washington, D.C., and will debut in July on Syfy.

A spokesperson for Syfy declined to confirm that the network has reached out to members of Congress.
By Altsmithra 2015-03-03 19:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Well, since it's been brought up....

First Direct Observation of Carbon Dioxide’s Increasing Greenhouse Effect at the Earth’s Surface
Quote:
Scientists have observed an increase in carbon dioxide’s greenhouse effect at the Earth’s surface for the first time. The researchers, led by scientists from the US Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab), measured atmospheric carbon dioxide’s increasing capacity to absorb thermal radiation emitted from the Earth’s surface over an eleven-year period at two locations in North America. They attributed this upward trend to rising CO2 levels from fossil fuel emissions.

The influence of atmospheric CO2 on the balance between incoming energy from the Sun and outgoing heat from the Earth (also called the planet’s energy balance) is well established. But this effect has not been experimentally confirmed outside the laboratory until now. The research is reported Wednesday, Feb. 25, in the advance online publication of the journal Nature.

The results agree with theoretical predictions of the greenhouse effect due to human activity. The research also provides further confirmation that the calculations used in today’s climate models are on track when it comes to representing the impact of CO2.
Full paper:
Observational determination of surface radiative forcing by CO2 from 2000 to 2010

I'm sure this will appease the people who are still waiting on, you know, real evidence or whatever.

Nice YouTube graph that only goes too 2011. /clap
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-03 19:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's data from the actual study. And if you had read anything I had linked at all, you'd know why it only goes to 2011.

Still, I'd love to hear your interpretation of the study.
[+]
By Altsmithra 2015-03-03 19:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's data from the actual study. And if you had read anything I had linked at all, you'd know why it only goes to 2011.

No need. That horrible graph says it all, ending at 2011 is just the nail in the coffin. Keep on trying to fear monger irrational people though, global warming is on its last legs and you're running out of time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-03 19:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Boo, fine.

Just one simple exercise though: Can you try to determine why the graph ends at 2011?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-03 19:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a hint Mayan prophecy of 2012.

(side note) I'm worried about global warming I'm willing to die for the cause !

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Teenager-feared-world-end/story-16119760-detail/story.html

The parents of a teenager who hanged herself because she feared the world would end in 2012 have spoken of their torment – and of how they plan to honour her memory by completing a challenge to raise money for her favourite cause.

Gary and Ingrid Taylor said their sensitive daughter Isabel could not bear the prospect of growing up in a world that was not “simple and perfect”.

The troubled 16-year-old was a committed vegan, a staunch supporter of animal rights and the environment, and had turned to the Buddhist faith as she pursued the compassionate world she sought.

But the impact of leaving school and beginning adult life, coupled with fears that the world would end in 2012 sent her to take her own life, an inquest has heard.

Isabel had left Corsham School in Wiltshire and begun an animal science and management course at nearby Wiltshire College at Lackham. She was passionate about animals and ran a guinea pig sanctuary with a friend.

But within weeks of starting the course at Lackham, the teenager from Neston, in Wiltshire, was found hanging in her room by her mother, on September 24 last year.

Her father Gary, 51, told the inquest his daughter had talked to them about her fears the world will end. “We were aware of the 2012 issue,” he said. “As you would in conversation around the dinner table, she would mention it. We would take it on board and say we ‘didn’t think that was going to happen, Isabel,’ and try to make light of it and move the conversation onwards.”

Her mother told the coroner: “She talked to us about her beliefs the world was going to end in 2012. We did not believe that.”

After the inquest, which passed a verdict of suicide, her parents spoke of their loss. “We have questioned and searched our hearts to try to find an answer to why Isabel went down this devastating path,” they said.

“She yearned for an uncomplicated and perfect world where every living thing would be valued and at peace.

“But the simple and perfect world she sought, where all living things would be treated with compassion and equality, was never going to materialise. Unfortunately, the future for her in her eyes must have seemed very bleak.”

“Sadly there were too many bad points for her to contend with and the lure to opt out was too compelling. We can only conclude that she wasn't prepared to adjust to adulthood with all the complications, injustice and, for her, unhappiness that came with it,” they added.

Searches of Isabel’s computer at her home in Neston revealed she had looked up queries about how many paracetamols it would take to overdose, as well as the thousands of websites devoted to the conspiracy theories about 2012 seeing the end of the world.

“She would flippantly say ‘oh but it's all going to end next year anyway’ and we would try and laugh it off,” said her father.

“She believed something was going to happen that would change the world, I’m not sure whether she ever fully believed that it was going to end, but she definitely thought something was going to happen.”

“She read articles on all different types of things which could make the world end, she read about 15 to 20 articles over the course of 2011 with her best friend.”

“The most recent one she read was on sun spots and how if they went wrong it could cause a nuclear reaction,” he added.

“Isabel was a fully committed vegan and had very strong views on animal welfare especially animal testing, livestock and dairy farming. She also held concerns for the environment and man's impact on it.

“She yearned for an uncomplicated and perfect world where every living thing would be valued and at peace. In the spring of 2011 she turned to the Buddhist faith and their teachings to search for answers because she could relate in their beliefs and principles,” her parents added.

“It would seem her belief in Buddhism and the possibility of another, better life was strong enough to persuade her that the time was right to move on to what comes next,” her parents added.

The inquest heard how Mrs Taylor, found her daughter hanged in her room at their home at 3.15pm in September last year, after spending much of the night before on the computer.

Mr Taylor added: “We will never understand why she took her life and we will never fully come to terms with it.”

“We miss her greatly. It was a tragic incident, she had such a promising career ahead of herself. The enormous shock of it remains with us and We will never fully come to terms with it.”

“She managed to hide what was going on inside her mind because outwardly the happy, bubbly Isabel we knew and loved so well was what she portrayed to us until the end,” they added.

Isabel leaves her two parents and a sister, Alison, 14.

Assistant deputy Wiltshire Coroner Claire Balsyz, recorded a verdict that Isabel had taken her own life while the balance of her mind was disturbed.

Now, her grief-stricken parents are to embark on a 70-mile walk around the South West Coast path, starting next month, in memory of their daughter and to raise money for the Farm Animal Sanctuary, her favourite charity.

0 Share3 Tweet0 Share9

Read more: http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Teenager-feared-world-end/story-16119760-detail/story.html#ixzz3TNOQ3roR
Follow us: @BathChron on Twitter | BathChron on Facebook
By fonewear 2015-03-03 19:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically I'll suicide bomb a coal plan to help end CO2 emissions !
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-03 19:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually pretty interesting to see a causal link, even if it is a small study of limited scope.

Altsmithra said: »
No need. That horrible graph says it all, ending at 2011 is just the nail in the coffin. Keep on trying to fear monger irrational people though, global warming is on its last legs and you're running out of time.

Uh, if you're right, they've got until Jesus comes back to prove their theory... Also, why the sock account? Did the pinko mods strike you down for trying to spread the truth again?
By fonewear 2015-03-03 19:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm all for fear mongering tell me what to fear and I'll fear it.

GMO food global warming Israel Sarah Palin you name it !
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-03-03 21:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Foolnobody said

1.Since you want to be so immoral as to destroy a nation for your idiotic reasoning.

2. You said you want to close military bases across the world, therefor limiting any first response we may have in response to any situation?

3. How do you propose to do that when you close the majority of the bases across the world?

4. They want a supportive America. Who cares about "peace" and "war" when we can do the fighting for them?

1. how am i being immoral ? And do you always say " your going to destroy the nation " to every idea anybody but yourself says? Clearly we would have been destroyed in 1812 when our nation declared war on britain but we still remain such a lack of faith you have. It is disturbing but clearly your relationship with satans crotch makes you think any idea but yours is wrong.

2. i did say close majority of the bases we have around the world yes. I didn't say anything about first responses by the way who is attacking us ? What nation do you want to war with that you think we should violate other nations sovereignty? If your so quick to war, get a passport and fly overseas and have fun, just so you know U.S won't be wasting tax payer dollars funding that project.

3. How do i propose to do first responses if i close majority of the bases around the world ? Again who is seriously giving us cause to war with them? You obviously do not realize U.S military capabilities to reach any part of the world regardless of land bases.

4. Americans other then yourself if you even are one are sick of fighting the worlds issues and shedding our children's blood across it from your idea of being Supportive. There will always be conflict in the world , but if nations can't take care of themselves that is there issue not America's. If nations are so willing to relinquish there freedoms they will not remain free because of how they valued conveniences off of american tax payers and blood. They will have no more of it.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-03-03 21:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The Crazy World of Feminist Theater A must watch
YouTube Video Placeholder

the ending part of the reference to crosses and cloves of garlic reminds me of foolnobody.
By Altsmithra 2015-03-03 21:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

It's actually pretty interesting to see a causal link, even if it is a small study of limited scope.

Altsmithra said: »

Uh, if you're right, they've got until Jesus comes back to prove their theory... Also, why the sock account? Did the pinko mods strike you down for trying to spread the truth again?

I'm topic banned for pointing out a troll, look who made this thread and your assumption isn't far off.
I like the jesus reference since it brings us back to global warming being a religion and all who worship at the alter of Al Gore need to have their heads examined. It is more likely that sane rational people are gonna just stop paying attention to all the fear mongering from global warmists and the whole thing will die the very funny and slow death it deserves.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-03 22:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Quote:
Foolnobody said

1.Since you want to be so immoral as to destroy a nation for your idiotic reasoning.

2. You said you want to close military bases across the world, therefor limiting any first response we may have in response to any situation?

3. How do you propose to do that when you close the majority of the bases across the world?

4. They want a supportive America. Who cares about "peace" and "war" when we can do the fighting for them?

Anyone who disagrees with me sucks at the crotch of Satan. All who agree with me suck at the crotch of God and the Righteous.

King has been asking you legitimate questions to you, about your ideologies, wherein the only response you can come up with is to skirt the issue, claim falsehoods, parrot conspiracy theorists, youtube, and other nonsense which is patently false, and when that fails, you go into rants and tirades about "big pharma" and such, or quote the most corrupted politicians in America's history, give the Kim Jong Dynasty credit, and claim it's the UN that's really oppressing the people.

So really, how about answering some of those questions you keep dodging?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-03 22:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

1. how am i being immoral ? And do you always say " your going to destroy the nation " to every idea anybody but yourself says? Clearly we would have been destroyed in 1812 when our nation declared war on britain but we still remain such a lack of faith you have.
Seriously, do we have to go over this again? Either pay attention and stop being stupid, or stop spouting your nonsense.

You want to abolish the monetary system we currently have. You are therefor wanting all economic activity to stop because you cannot understand the concept of debt. You think it is a bad thing, and too much of it is detrimental, but debt on itself is a necessary thing for growth to happen.

You fail to understand the underlying principle of a monetary system, and you have refused to answer any of my questions I asked well over a hundred pages ago. Maybe you are afraid of a little knowledge, maybe you are afraid that somebody other than you is correct, maybe your conspiracy theorist friends told you not to listen to anyone because the last thing they need is somebody who isn't a lemming.

i did say close majority of the bases we have around the world yes. I didn't say anything about first responses
So, let me ask you this then. If North Korea decides to throw a couple of nukes at South Korea, how long do you think it will take a coordinated rescue and cleanup effort (along with the obvious retaliation of an attack of one of our strongest allies) if there are no bases active anywhere at all?

But a lemming like you wouldn't understand anything beyond your own little flower-head world. As far as you are concerned, the world comprises of your parent's basement and maybe that unknown region people like to call a living room.

who is attacking us ?
We are currently at war with North Korea (abet a defunct war) and ISIS, among other. Maybe if you read some actual news articles instead of whatever infowars tells you, you would see that.

What nation do you want to war with that you think we should violate other nations sovereignty?
I don't, but I also don't trust unfriendly nations from not attacking us if we were to close all of our bases worldwide.

Not to mention our promises to protect our allies. I guess promises don't mean anything to you....

If your so quick to war, get a passport and fly overseas and have fun, just so you know U.S won't be wasting tax payer dollars funding that project.
Trust me, I rather spend my money fighting domestic terrorists, like the flower-head brigade you are leading.

How do i propose to do first responses if i close majority of the bases around the world ? Again who is seriously giving us cause to war with them? You obviously do not realize U.S military capabilities to reach any part of the world regardless of land bases.
You obviously don't understand how dangerous the world really is. I'm sure you think the Middle East is the land of milk and honey, and you should go visit there some time. Don't worry, I won't pay for your ransom.

Americans other then yourself if you even are one are sick of fighting the worlds issues and shedding our children's blood across it from your idea of being Supportive. There will always be conflict in the world , but if nations can't take care of themselves that is there issue not America's. If nations are so willing to relinquish there freedoms they will not remain free because of how they valued conveniences off of american tax payers and blood. They will have no more of it.
So, instead of a Supportive America, you want to regress back to a Xenophobic America.

Ask yourself this: If America was more active in world affairs, would we have had 2 world wars? And has since America been active in world affairs after the second world war, has multiple world wars have been prevented since?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-03 22:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Quote:
Foolnobody said

Anyone who disagrees with me sucks at the crotch of Satan. All who agree with me suck at the crotch of God and the Righteous.

King has been asking you legitimate questions to you, about your ideologies, wherein the only response you can come up with is to skirt the issue, claim falsehoods, parrot conspiracy theorists, youtube, and other nonsense which is patently false, and when that fails, you go into rants and tirades about "big pharma" and such, or quote the most corrupted politicians in America's history, give the Kim Jong Dynasty credit, and claim it's the UN that's really oppressing the people.

So really, how about answering some of those questions you keep dodging?
He obviously doesn't show respect towards people, especially those who are more intelligent than he is, and proves him wrong on so many occasions.

Showing respect in this case being answering questions as they are asked, instead of ignoring/dodging them like he does so well.

But seriously, his "foolnobody insult" isn't really that bad. He pretty much is admitting that I'm not the one who's fooling anyone...wrap that around your little flower-head, Lordgrim.
First Page 2 3 ... 348 349 350 ... 1375 1376 1377