Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 56 57 58
By Ramyrez 2015-06-19 12:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
You'll see lots of hate groups go on and on with vicious tirades about wanting to kill *insert group here* or mad delusions of what they think is ideal but how many of them are willing to interrupt their lives to do it? It's easy to trash blacks, jews or hispanics online but most people are gigantic pussies who wouldn't do ***IRL.

Ah. You're right. I forgot that part.

The groups that rally against government regulations and overstepping themselves frequently hide behind that same government's free speech doctrines as long as they don't have to be held accountable for the vile ***that comes out of their mouths.
By fonewear 2015-06-19 15:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Only Huff Post could produce perhaps the greatest news story I've ever read:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/19/relentlessly-gay-yard-baltimore-_n_7614506.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Relentlessly gay that my friends is the best phrase I've ever heard !

A Baltimore woman is vowing to make her garden even gayer after a neighbor reportedly slammed her for keeping her front yard "relentlessly gay" in a note.

A snapshot of the note, which has appeared on the Baltimore Sun, Raw Story and the Daily Mail, among other media outlets, which appeared on Julie Baker's door, reads:

Your yard is becoming Relentlessly Gay! Myself and Others in the neighborhood ask that you Tone it Down. This is a Christian area and there are Children. Keep it up and I will be forced to call the police on You! Your kind need to have Respect for GOD.

Simply signed "a concerned home owner," the note appeared after Baker and her daughters had decorated the lawn with a set of rainbow lights, which spelled out "love" and "ohana," a Hawaiian expression for family unity, according to ABC News.

But Baker, who described her neighbors as "predominately beautiful" in an interview with ABC, isn't planning on redecorating. In fact, she's launched an online fundraiser to make her yard even more colorful and pro-equality.

"I need more rainbows," she wrote on the campaign page. "Many, many more rainbows … If we go high enough, I will see if I can get a Rainbow Roof. ...Because my invisible relentlessly gay rainbow dragon should live up there in style!"

She went on to note, "Put simply, I am a widow and the mother of four children, my youngest in high school and I WILL NOT relent to hatred. Instead, I will battle it with whimsy and beauty and laughter and love, wrapped around my home, yard and family!"

At the time this story was first published, Baker's campaign had raised over $31,000.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-06-19 15:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

looked more tacky than gay to me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-19 15:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You heard it here first, folks. A representation of the visible color spectrum is now relentlessly gay.
By fonewear 2015-06-19 15:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

When I think of rainbows I think of reading rainbow.

Which is probably gay. I mean reading is gay !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-19 15:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
When I think of rainbows I think of reading rainbow.

You mean that old show, "Relentlessly Gay Reading"?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-19 15:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

And now for a change of pace:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-19 15:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Relentlessly gay abortion? Dang it Fone, that relentlessly gay phrase is stuck in my head now.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-19 15:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think everything is relentlessly gay especially heterosexual people !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-19 15:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That is how a meme is born. ____ is relentlessly gay !

Women

Men

Dogs

Cats

Ice Cream

and so on !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-19 15:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh. Apparently Reading Rainbow had a Kickstarter and raised over 5 million dollars. Looks like it's coming back?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-19 16:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Huh. Apparently Reading Rainbow had a Kickstarter and raised over 5 million dollars. Looks like it's coming back?

I believe Mr. Burton is attempting/actually making a new version for mobile/tablet consumption to champion reading within the context of modern technology.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-23 14:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

It doesn't look appetizing, but it's definitely chicken.

Last week, KFC was forced to confront a customer's accusations that he'd been served a fried rat in a three-piece meal at a Los Angeles store. An independent lab test confirmed that the breaded lump is in fact chicken, KFC spokesman Rodrigo Coronel said in an email to The Huffington Post on Monday.

Devorise Dixon, 25, posted a photo of a nasty-looking entree to Facebook after he bit into it and something didn't seem right. He said the piece of food had a rubbery texture, and that a store manager told him it was a rat.

KFC was quick to counter Dixon's claims. The company said he hadn't responded to requests to have the meal tested by a lab and wasn't cooperating with an investigation. KFC also said that a photo from Dixon's Instagram feed, which shows the morsel from a different angle, made it clear that the food was chicken (not rodent).

KFC now says it's got the science to back up its counterclaim. Coronel said that Dixon's attorney obtained the specimen and turned it over for testing at an independent lab. Those tests confirmed that the chicken tender was made of chicken.

Coronel also alleged that Dixon lied about being told the piece of chicken was a rat.

"We did an internal investigation and talked to all employees. That statement is false," Coronel wrote. "The right thing for this customer to do is to apologize and cease making false claims about the KFC brand."

Coronel said the company is "reviewing all options" when it comes to any potential legal action against Dixon.
KFC 'Fried Rat' Is In Fact Chicken, Lab Test Confirms
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-23 20:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/23/the-bachelorette-sex-kaitlyn-bristowe-nick-viall_n_7642118.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

TLDR: Women can't have sex or something. Without being judged or something !

Kaitlyn Bristowe is dating 9 (down from 25) men on “The Bachelorette.” Last night, seven episodes into her televised journey towards true love and a Neil Lane diamond, she slept with one of them -- and some viewers weren’t too happy about it.

Consensual sex in the context of a romantic relationship hardly seems like an outlandish concept. But “The Bachelorette” is a show built upon the fantasy that true love and commitment can happen on a 12-week timeline, constrained by a clear set of rules. And one of those unspoken rules, is that sex shouldn’t happen before the show deems it “appropriate.”

As Willa Paskin explained in February 2014, the “sexual ethos” of “The Bachelor” franchise “is that the women are supposed to be relatively innocent and chaste, up until the moment the man calls on them to stop being so.” If Kaitlyn had slept with Nick during the overnight Fantasy Suite dates, which traditionally occur when three contestants are left, it would have been framed and received as acceptable behavior. But having sex after a great date a couple weeks earlier? Quel horreur!

Sex has been spoken about more explicitly in the last few seasons of “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette,” but it still remains a largely taboo subject, weighed down by shamey, scandalized baggage when it is overtly discussed. (See: the way Ashley I.’s virginity was discussed, Nick’s “shocking” sex "confession" during “After The Final Rose.”)

And when sex does happen on the show outside of the pre-approved bounds of the holy Fantasy Suite, it’s nearly always the woman who ends up feeling like ***about it. Kaitlyn’s guilt over her dalliance with Nick drives her to break down in tears by the end of the episode, referring to the whole thing as a "mistake." When Clare Crawley had her ocean rendezvous with Juan Pablo during Season 18 of "The Bachelor," she too ended up in tears. In “Bachelor(ette)” land, consensual sex cannot happen before week nine without regret attached to it.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-23 20:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, I was actually reading that story before.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-23 20:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't win. You have sex with a woman you a rapist. You don't have sex with her you are pansy.

My thoughts would be who thinks they can find love on TV show when finding it in real life is nearly impossible ? Is being on the Bachelor program worth the 15 minutes of fame. For the rest of your life you will be that once chick from the Bachelor. That is about as famous as they get.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-23 21:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

More famous than I ever was.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-23 23:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

More Minority Students Should Be In Special Ed, Study Says
By fonewear 2015-06-25 10:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

In rape news:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/24/this-is-the-lasting-impact-of-sexual-assault-and-domestic-violence_n_7655684.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

Founder Alison, who asked that her last name remain private, created Lasting Impact to raise awareness about the long-lasting impact that incidents of sexual assault, domestic violence, and emotional and physical abuse have on those who experience them. The project is also a place for survivors to share stories of healing.

"As a survivor of childhood sexual assault, I struggled for many years with mental health issues that impacted almost every aspect of my daily life and left me feeling confused and alone," Alison told The Huffington Post. "It wasn't until I began to connect with other survivors that I came to realize that this is a common and valid response to trauma, and it was only then that I truly began to heal."
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 10:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably true.

More minority/poor students should also have parents paying attention to their children and advocating for them. But they don't.

And more schools in poverty-stricken areas (white and minority alike) should be getting the funding they need to properly education children with special needs, and not just put them in regular classes and pass them through to make them someone else's problem.

That was one of the few major problems with my own school growing up. Great district for your standard and exceptional students, but special needs kids often got the shaft; they got an aide for half the day and got pushed through regular classes because the special education budget/staff just wasn't up to snuff.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 10:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

In rape news:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/24/this-is-the-lasting-impact-of-sexual-assault-and-domestic-violence_n_7655684.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

Founder Alison, who asked that her last name remain private, created Lasting Impact to raise awareness about the long-lasting impact that incidents of sexual assault, domestic violence, and emotional and physical abuse have on those who experience them. The project is also a place for survivors to share stories of healing.

"As a survivor of childhood sexual assault, I struggled for many years with mental health issues that impacted almost every aspect of my daily life and left me feeling confused and alone," Alison told The Huffington Post. "It wasn't until I began to connect with other survivors that I came to realize that this is a common and valid response to trauma, and it was only then that I truly began to heal."

This actually seems like a pretty accurate, no-frills, no-sensationalism story about the lasting residual damage of rape.

Why are you interested in it? :p
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-25 10:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

RACIST!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-25 10:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
In rape news:

This actually seems like a pretty accurate, no-frills, no-sensationalism story about the lasting residual damage of rape.

Why are you interested in it? :p

Cause I too was raped once...Phantom Menace...
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 10:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause I too was raped once...Phantom Menace...

You went for the lightsaber duels. You were dressed like a Jedi.

You were asking for it.
By fonewear 2015-06-25 10:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I never liked Star Wars that much to begin with but. In general there was no need to do prequels.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 10:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I never liked Star Wars that much to begin with but. In general there was no need to do prequels.

Yeah, but you still watched it. You were around it. You were practically begging for it by being there.
By fonewear 2015-06-25 10:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This is too funny raped or not raped...

[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-25 10:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Yeah, but you still watched it. You were around it. You were practically begging for it by being there.

Well it did have Darth Maul. A lot of people watched it just for that me including.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-25 10:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This is too funny raped or not raped...

Quite frankly, whether it was rape or drinking too much 99 Bananas, I don't think you should make fun of them.

It's traumatizing either way.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-06-25 10:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Careful Fone, the thought police have arrived.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 56 57 58