Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 56 57 58
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-05-07 12:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the Huffington Post a reliable news source?
By fonewear 2015-05-07 12:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »

No but it is the only place I get my news !
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-05-07 13:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »

No but it is the only place I get my news !
ffxiah thread-vomit is my only news source :D
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-07 13:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm Don Lemon and this is FFXIAH.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-08 11:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

In domestic violence news:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/06/tinder-domestic-violence_n_7224076.html?utm_hp_ref=women&ir=Women

TLDR: Abusers going to abuse! I don't know I didn't read but I felt it !

A new series of public service announcements on Tinder hopes to remind women that even a seemingly perfect man can turn violent at the drop of a hat.

Relationship abuse is alarmingly common in the United States. Every minute, 20 people experience intimate partner violence, and three women are murdered every day by a current or former male partner.

Women in Distress, a domestic violence center based in Florida, collaborated with the ad agency Bravo/Y&R for the Tinder Beaters campaign, which aims to raise awareness about relationship abuse.

The agency staff created three fake Tinder personas, AdWeek reports. When women look at one of the fake profiles, they see pictures of a man looking normal at first, then appearing more and more angry in subsequent photos, and finally throwing a punch at the camera. The last image reads "Don't Let It Get Ugly."

The agency told AdWeek that the campaign encourages women to "look for help at the first sign of things turning ugly." Bravo/Y&R did not respond to a Huffington Post request for comment. Women in Distress also could not be reached for comment.

Katie Ray-Jones, the CEO of the National Domestic Violence Hotline, said she has seen increased interest in graphic images of domestic violence since a video showing former Baltimore Ravens player Ray Rice hitting his then-fiancée was released last year.

“People are looking for really provocative imagery to engage people on the topic,” she told HuffPost.

However, Ray-Jones said the slogan “Don’t Let It Get Ugly” incorrectly implies that domestic violence survivors have control over an abusive situation.

“I think it’s really important to have messaging that really gives victims and survivors education that they are not to blame for the abuse,” she said.

“It’s interesting that they are all white men [in the Tinder video],” Ray-Jones said, noting that abusers can come from any background and that diversity has become a top priority in other domestic violence PSAs. It’s possible the advertisers made all their abusers white to reflect the demographics of Tinder in their area, she speculated.

Ray-Jones also questioned the absence of a trigger warning before violent imagery. “We know that post-traumatic stress is common in victims,” she said, adding that anything that reminds survivors of abuse can be very upsetting.

It's not possible to screen out everything reminiscent of abuse, she said, "but as service providers we can prepare the public before we release imagery that can be triggering."

Tinder is growing in popularity as a way for companies and other organizations to spread their messages. We've already seen it used to raise awareness about sex trafficking and promote a movie about a sexy robot.
By fonewear 2015-05-08 11:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

To summarize only men abuse women ! So when you are drunk at the bar using tinder looking for love remember that !
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-05-08 12:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The agency staff created three fake Tinder personas, AdWeek reports. When women look at one of the fake profiles, they see pictures of a man looking normal at first, then appearing more and more angry in subsequent photos, and finally throwing a punch at the camera. The last image reads "Don't Let It Get Ugly."

Just what the world needs. More online dating profiles that turn out to be ads.

At least in this case it's not a Nigerian looking for money.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-08 12:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

Just what the world needs. More online dating profiles that turn out to be ads.

At least in this case it's not a Nigerian looking for money.

I probably shouldn't admit it publicly but the idea of a woman abusing me turns me on !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-08 12:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

When Tinder implemented a limit to how many people you can "like" I stopped using it those *** want you to pay for it now...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-08 12:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

To summarize only men abuse women ! So when you are drunk at the bar using tinder looking for love remember that !
The war on men continues...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-08 12:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm beginning to think that Fone pretty much keep Huff Po alive lol...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-08 12:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that the Cliff Notes of every Lifetime Movie ever made?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-08 12:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Why is it that you are so willing to advocate for the "war on men" but if it comes up that someone claims there is a war on women or war on blacks or war on [insert anything you disagree with here] you completely dismiss it?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-08 12:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Isn't that the Cliff Notes of every Lifetime Movie ever made?

Yea either help I've been abused. Help I've been raped by my step dad. My step dad raped my step mom. Something like that !
By fonewear 2015-05-08 12:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Here we go date raped at a frat party !

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-08 12:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Why is it that you are so willing to advocate for the "war on men" but if it comes up that someone claims there is a war on women or war on blacks or war on [insert anything you disagree with here] you completely dismiss it?
As long as the "War on Rich White Males" continues, who really cares?

Besides, who was it that coined the phrase "War on <insert miniority>" again?
By fonewear 2015-05-08 12:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

10 out of 10 women and men at frat parties have drunk sex ! I know it is alarming but it is true !

We need a no drunk sex law !
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-08 12:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

/rollseyes

I guess the mere fact that I commented on it must mean that completely discredit and dismiss any and all plights that aren't associated with the specific article he posted.

Like, come on dude, strawman, strawman, strawman.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-08 12:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's neat how Nausi considers each posts he makes an instance unto itself, and his posting history and things he's said in the past must certainly be something no one would ever factor into a statement, or something through the lens of which we would view additional things he says.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-08 12:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
It's neat how Nausi considers each posts he makes an instance unto itself, and his posting history and things he's said in the past must certainly be something no one would ever factor into a statement.
I guess to you, nobody makes sarcastic remarks. Or nobody is allowed to make one if they have a differing opinion from yours most of the time.

*protip: I made one in my response to Flavin about "War on Rich White Male" comment.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-08 12:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's neat how Nausi considers each posts he makes an instance unto itself, and his posting history and things he's said in the past must certainly be something no one would ever factor into a statement, or something through the lens of which we would view additional things he says.

To be fair, people here have a habit of arguing against people based on the stereotype of their area of the political spectrum rather than things they've actually said.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-08 12:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just what men and women want when dating "hey this guy / girl on tinder may be domestic abuser. For the low low price of 14.99 you can find out !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-08 12:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

To be fair, people here have a habit of arguing against people based on the stereotype of their area of the political spectrum rather than things they've actually said.
Problem is, we are all guilty of it every now and then. Some more than others.

Never mind what a person actually said, it's what the other person projects their view of the other party is what matters.

Then you have fone.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-08 12:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi has made his feelings on women, the poor, and minorities quite well known. None of them has a single thing held against them, it's all fake and made up. But men, on the other hand -- especially "successful" white ones -- are constantly under assault.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-08 12:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem is, we are all guilty of it every now and then. Some more than others.

Never mind what a person actually said, it's what the other person projects their view of the other party is what matters.

Then you have fone.

I speak for those poor souls that don't have access to a steady supply of alcohol fueled truth !

I support all political parties cause I hate the idea of my candidate losing an election !
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-08 12:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the mere fact that I commented on it must mean that completely discredit and dismiss any and all plights that aren't associated with the specific article he posted.
It's more your history of responses on related topics that does that but ok? Dodge more?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-08 12:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodge more?
Funny when it comes from you, the master of dodging questions.

(incoming "That's KN's favorite excuse, <insert weak argument>" from Flavin)
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-08 12:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm beginning to think that Fone pretty much keep Huff Po alive lol...

You underestimate how many single mothers exist in America...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-08 12:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Aw single mothers where not only do you have to make them happy...you have to impress the kids too !
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-08 13:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodge more?
Funny when it comes from you, the master of dodging questions.

(incoming "That's KN's favorite excuse, <insert weak argument>" from Flavin)
Still waiting to hear about how Abbott being disabled had anything to do with that earlier conversation KN.

When you allege that I'm dodging it's because you have nothing better to say than hey look at deflection 437! I even take the time to explain it to you like you ask me to and then all you can tell me is that it too is a dodge or deflection or whatever is running through that head of yours at the time lol... you've avoided so many questions today it's a wonder why you even point out that you think others do it as well... Thing is you're never really worried about dodging, deflecting or being hypocritical but rather just about throwing BS into the mix because you have nothing left...
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 56 57 58