Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 56 57 58
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-06 08:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Unfortunately my assumptions were demonstrated correct. You are your own worst enemy.

Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-05-06 08:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If I were with a woman who had breast implants, I'd be afraid I was going to break something.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-06 08:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Actually I used to think this was important too, like there's some kind of pride in natural boobs, until I met a girl with breasts implants and she kindly left me feel them up to compare. Sure there is a difference in the touch, but it's not like they're made of plastic, and they sure look pretty good. So I dunno, I think it's just a social stigma they're pretty fine really.

*shrug* Again, it's just a preference. And I'm going entirely on visual here, I've never been with a woman with impants.

I think it's unfortunate women feel they've got to "augment" themselves for bros. There are obviously circumstances where they'd be of psychological importantance to the woman and I'm not trying to shame or discourage that.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-06 08:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

And you quote an MRA site.

Does anyone need more proof of how insecure you really are?
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-06 08:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
If I were with a woman who had breast implants, I'd be afraid I was going to break something.

Nahh after a month or so they are pretty stable. One of my girls had them done and while it's different, it's kinda cool to play with them. Nothing wrong with naturally small breasts either, it's really up to the women for what she wants.

Psst here is a hint

Quote:
I think it's unfortunate women feel they've got to "augment" themselves for bros. There are obviously circumstances where they'd be of psychological importantance to the woman and I'm not trying to shame or discourage that.

The women aren't doing it for guys, they are doing it to feel better then other women. The same reason they wear makeup, high heels and revealing clothing. For the most part men just don't care since most of that stuff comes off when it really matters.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-06 08:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like if there was an *effective* way to augment the penis men wouldn't swarm the plastic surgeons. People are often insecure, so whatever makes them feel better about themselves can only improve their life(unless it's an obsessive research for perfection which is a disorder).
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-06 08:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's not like if there was an *effective* way to augment the penis men wouldn't swarm the plastic surgeons. People are often insecure, so whatever makes them feel better about themselves can only improve their life(unless it's an obsessive research for perfection which is a disorder).

Yeah.

It doesn't really matter for me anyhow, as I'm married and monogamous (or, as I'm sure Saev here things, some beta who has a terrible life and is making excuses because [reasons]), and my wife has no inclination to have cosmetic surgery (as, imo, she doesn't need it!)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-05-06 08:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

For those afraid of being triggered by an MRA site, here is the original location of that article.

http://www.singularity2050.com/2010/01/the-misandry-bubble.html

Whalla not an MRA site, though the contributors there take a very neutral apolitical stance to pretty much everything. Most consider themselves anti-activists.

Let the ineffective personal shaming attacks roll in.

On a different topic

Talk about female entitlement

https://archive.is/O1lbI
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-06 09:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
though the contributors there take a very neutral apolitical stance to pretty much everything

Yeah, no.

It's a veiled men's rights site, using a lot of big words and graphs hoping people don't realize it. You need look no further than the second article where it starts talking about leading men in Hollywood to see it's wrong right on the face of it.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-06 09:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive me, what is a MRA site?

EDIT: NVM figured it out. It's a scarlet letter.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-06 09:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, I just want to say again, I'm not saying there aren't female elements of the population that have some *** up mindsets and issues.

There certainly are, and they shouldn't be treated with kid gloves just because they have a womb.

Just saying that not everything is some fabrication of modern society eschewing "nature".
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-06 09:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
For the record, I just want to say again, I'm not saying there aren't female elements of the population that have some *** up mindsets and issues.

There certainly are, and they shouldn't be treated with kid gloves just because they have a womb.

Just saying that not everything is some fabrication of modern society eschewing "nature".
Sometimes, I need to review the lesson again and again before it sinks in too.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-06 09:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Forgive me, what is a MRA site?

EDIT: NVM figured it out. It's a scarlet letter.

You would think of it as such, I'm sure. I suppose, in a way, it is.

Except "The Scarlet Letter" was a bad thing.

Whereas those identifying as "men's rights activists" is just a warning sign in the truest form, as they are every bit as bad as the "feminists" they claim to be against.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-05-07 10:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bunny Ranch Sex Workers Endorse Hillary Clinton For President

Quote:
It's still extremely early in the 2016 presidential race, but Democratic hopeful Hillary Clinton has just locked up one constituency. She's won the support of the prostitutes at the Moonlite Bunny Ranch, a legal brothel in Carson City, Nevada, who have launched a "Hookers For Hillary" campaign in her support.

Bunny Ranch owner Dennis Hof said the Bunnies plan to be active backers of the former secretary of state.

“You’re going to see crazy things. They’re going to show up at rallies in bikinis. Bunnies for Hillary. They’re going to push the issue and stir it up because when you stir it up you get people thinking and looking at it,” he told the Daily Beast.

The Bunnies, who are featured on the HBO show "Cathouse," said in a news release that their support for Clinton comes down to four issues: protecting health care reform, foreign policy experience, support for agencies that protect public health and the prevention of a return to supply-side economics.

"The Bunnies recognize that thriving economies are built from the bottom up, where the vast majority of their clients originate," the Bunnies said in a statement. "A return to relying on the disproven theory of trickle-down economics would only serve to exclude the vast majority of hard-working Bunny Ranch clients from having the discretionary income to enjoy with their favorite Bunny."

The Bunny Ranch had previously endorsed Ron Paul in 2012 and 2008.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-07 10:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

They went from Ron Paul to Hillary Clinton? Do they understand how the political spectrum works?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-07 10:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
They went from Ron Paul to Hillary Clinton? Do they understand how the political spectrum works?

They figure w/ Hillary in the White House they can get their hands on Bill's dough.

...wait for iiiit...

...and his money.
[+]
 Siren.Fattynoob
Server: Siren
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2015-05-07 10:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's great. The same people who cried about Bush are going to vote for the most corrupt family in history. Years from now they will be the ridicule of the human race. Vote for well-known corruption. Hope she wins so they can sell out even more deals and pardons. Maybe when they leave this time they will pass a law first, so when they steal everything it will be ok.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-07 10:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fattynoob said: »
going to vote for the most corrupt family in history.

Now look, the Clintons are no more or less corrupt than the Bushes. It's just a matter of who they deal with. For the Clintons, it's African warlords and (apparently) Russians. For the Bushes, it's the oil-owning royalty in OPEC. For Reagan it was everyone (seriously. The guy sold out everyone who wasn't already rich). For Obama, it's the poor of the U.S.

And I've now covered the lifespan of most of the people here. If you're a couple years older, well, Carter was just a nice old country bumpkin who was utterly incapable of being a world leader. Soooo.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-07 10:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fattynoob said: »
Hope she wins so they can sell out even more deals and pardons.
Perish the thought!

I rather not go through another 4 years of Obama and his policies.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-07 10:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
For Reagan it was everyone (seriously. The guy sold out everyone who wasn't already rich).
How so, because he lowered the tax rates for everyone?
By Ramyrez 2015-05-07 10:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

And then subsequently made them higher again and left us worse off in the end.

Quote:
Certainly, Reagan's boldest move as president was his 1981 tax cut, a sweeping measure that slashed the marginal rate on the wealthiest Americans from 70 percent to 50 percent. The legislation also included smaller cuts in lower tax brackets, as well as big breaks for corporations and the oil industry. But the following year, as the economy was mired in recession and the federal deficit was spiraling out of control, even groups such as the Business Roundtable lobbied Reagan to raise taxes. And he did: The Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982 was, at the time, the largest peacetime tax increase in U.S. history.

Ultimately, Reagan signed measures that increased federal taxes every year of his two-term presidency except the first and the last. These included a higher gasoline levy, a 1986 tax reform deal that included the largest corporate tax increase in American history, and a substantial raise in payroll taxes in 1983 as part of a deal to keep Social Security solvent. While wealthy Americans benefitted from Reagan's tax policies, blue-collar Americans paid a higher percentage of their income in taxes when Reagan left office than when he came in.

source
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-07 11:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

And then subsequently made them higher again and left us worse off in the end.

Quote:
Certainly, Reagan's boldest move as president was his 1981 tax cut, a sweeping measure that slashed the marginal rate on the wealthiest Americans from 70 percent to 50 percent. The legislation also included smaller cuts in lower tax brackets, as well as big breaks for corporations and the oil industry. But the following year, as the economy was mired in recession and the federal deficit was spiraling out of control, even groups such as the Business Roundtable lobbied Reagan to raise taxes. And he did: The Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982 was, at the time, the largest peacetime tax increase in U.S. history.

Ultimately, Reagan signed measures that increased federal taxes every year of his two-term presidency except the first and the last. These included a higher gasoline levy, a 1986 tax reform deal that included the largest corporate tax increase in American history, and a substantial raise in payroll taxes in 1983 as part of a deal to keep Social Security solvent. While wealthy Americans benefitted from Reagan's tax policies, blue-collar Americans paid a higher percentage of their income in taxes when Reagan left office than when he came in.

source
That source also left out the largest tax decrease in history, reducing the highest tax rate from 50% to 28% and limiting deductions to only a few compared to previous tax laws. The effective rates stayed mainly the same (well, overall it went down, just not as much as the nominal rates did) in all brackets, but the nominal rates were reduced significantly.

I don't see how they conclude that any specific group benefited from the tax cuts, as everyone did, but what else are you going to get from an opinion piece from the Washington Post?
By Ramyrez 2015-05-07 11:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing is going to change your mind, but here. Read this.

Not to mention all the other terrible things he did, including shitting all over the mentally ill (many of them veterans). He almost single-handedly created the "crazy homeless veteran" stereotype.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-07 11:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing is going to change your mind, but here. Read this.
He signed into law various tax laws that closed specific loopholes, and you think that's bad?

His administration also created Passive Activity Rules and At-Risk Basis rules. Also considered two of the biggest tax increases, but you know what? That's not a bad thing. It caused tax shelters from forming losses on purpose for the sole fact of creating losses and lowering ordinary income.

These "tax increase bills" that your sources (both of them) touts are misleading, because they are the precursors of the 1986 tax reform, created to broaden the base and have everyone pay their fair share. Oh wait, that goes counter to the articles, doesn't it? Hate to break it to you, but that is what it did, and just because you (or the authors of both opinion pieces) don't like it, doesn't mean it's not true.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-07 11:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

K, whatever. Keep putting the old coot on your pedestal. Increases/decreases/loopholes notwithstanding, he hurt the government, hurt the people, grew the deficit, and like most "small government" proponents, only made it smaller in ways that benefitted him, not across the board.

He was a terrible president, a terrible person, and had a cabinet full of criminals, and hurt millions of Americans in many ways, so...

That's the guy Republicans idealize.

Just sayin'.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-07 11:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

K, whatever. Keep putting the old coot on your pedestal. Increases/decreases/loopholes notwithstanding, he hurt the government, hurt the people, grew the deficit, and like most "small government" proponents, only made it smaller in ways that benefitted him, not across the board.

He was a terrible president, a terrible person, and had a cabinet full of criminals, and hurt millions of Americans in many ways, so...

That's the guy Republicans idealize.

Just sayin'.
Opinions ahoy!

No real evidence behind any of it. Well, maybe a little of his social stances, but you know what, that's not what the argument is, isn't it?

But hey, just change the name to Obama and you sound like a tea party member.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-07 11:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really...can't see why they don't love the guy. Like I said. He made government smaller where he wanted it and expanded it where it benefitted him, which is exactly what they want, even though they don't say it.
By Ramyrez 2015-05-07 11:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Opinions ahoy!

The criminal actions of his administration are not opinion. ^^;

Reagan Administration Scandals

Coincidentally, some of them were the "pardons" bought from Clinton that you're trashing Clinton over.
By fonewear 2015-05-07 12:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bunny Ranch Sex Workers Endorse Hillary Clinton For President

Quote:
It's still extremely early in the 2016 presidential race, but Democratic hopeful Hillary Clinton has just locked up one constituency. She's won the support of the prostitutes at the Moonlite Bunny Ranch, a legal brothel in Carson City, Nevada, who have launched a "Hookers For Hillary" campaign in her support.

Bunny Ranch owner Dennis Hof said the Bunnies plan to be active backers of the former secretary of state.

“You’re going to see crazy things. They’re going to show up at rallies in bikinis. Bunnies for Hillary. They’re going to push the issue and stir it up because when you stir it up you get people thinking and looking at it,” he told the Daily Beast.

The Bunnies, who are featured on the HBO show "Cathouse," said in a news release that their support for Clinton comes down to four issues: protecting health care reform, foreign policy experience, support for agencies that protect public health and the prevention of a return to supply-side economics.

"The Bunnies recognize that thriving economies are built from the bottom up, where the vast majority of their clients originate," the Bunnies said in a statement. "A return to relying on the disproven theory of trickle-down economics would only serve to exclude the vast majority of hard-working Bunny Ranch clients from having the discretionary income to enjoy with their favorite Bunny."

The Bunny Ranch had previously endorsed Ron Paul in 2012 and 2008.

To be fair most of those hookers have herpes !
By Ramyrez 2015-05-07 12:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
To be fair most of those hookers have herpes !

To be fair, the almost certainly do not. A place like that is regularly tested and pretty well policed. We're not talking about a $50 tumble here; that's one of the best-known brothels in the country. There's a lot of money that goes through there.
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 56 57 58