Bill Nye Debates Creationist Ken Ham Live 2/4/2014

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Bill Nye debates Creationist Ken Ham live 2/4/2014
Bill Nye debates Creationist Ken Ham live 2/4/2014
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 18 19 20
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 11:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tedril said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I don't think you can survive falling into a black hole when your atoms are stretched out into a thin line of spaghetti. Science can actually tell you these things.
Because they just hang out with black holes on the daily.
Really? That's how you see it?
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-18 11:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure that's how they do see it.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-04-18 11:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think you can survive falling into a black hole when your atoms are stretched out into a thin line of spaghetti. Science can actually tell you these things.
So are you saying that we need to literally toss someone in to a black hole to know what will happen? I'll address your response to my other post later when I have a bit more time.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-18 11:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure that's time well spent.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-18 11:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

X-ray telescopes have observed black holes devouring entire stars, tearing them to shreds under the immense gravitational forces applied to an object.

Humans are pathetically frail creatures on this planet. The only thing we've got going for us are our minds.
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 11:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
So are you saying that we need to literally toss someone in to a black hole to know what will happen? I'll address your response to my other post later when I have a bit more time.
Just take 5 mins to google studies on black holes and you'll find out that we have never seen a black hole, yet we choose to make up all this stuff about them by postulation.
By fonewear 2014-04-18 11:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

I've been in a black hole... FFXI I barely escaped.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 11:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
X-ray telescopes have observed black holes devouring entire stars, tearing them to shreds under the immense gravitational forces applied to an object.

Humans are pathetically frail creatures on this planet. The only thing we've got going for us are our minds.
please show me this research lol
By Jetackuu 2014-04-18 11:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

and most of us chose to waste them...
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-18 11:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just take 5 mins to google studies on black holes and you'll find out that we have never seen a black hole, yet we choose to make up all this stuff about them by postulation.

I'm just guessing here, but conservative?
By fonewear 2014-04-18 11:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly black holes have a liberal bias. Once you reach the event horizon there is no going back.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 11:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just guessing here, but conservative?
Utopian actually, everything else is a waste of time, but I could see the similarities.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-18 11:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

http://science1.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2004/18feb_mayhem/
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-18 11:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

#thread
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 11:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

http://science1.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2004/18feb_mayhem/
Scientists can't directly observe black holes with telescopes that detect x-rays, light, or other forms of electromagnetic radiation.
your answers here
this is 2013 outdating your information, from the same source! to hips and a hurray for science!
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-18 11:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldn't ask for research if nothing is going to sway your opinion.

Frankly, basic knowledge about gravity and observation of black holes should be enough to answer any questions you have. You don't have to look directly at something to know about it.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 11:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

#thread
"detected a powerful X-ray outburst from the center of a galaxy named "RX J1242-11.""
This is from your source explaining how they got the information. Let me guess you think those pictures are real and not an illustration?
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 11:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I love research fact is, I can read and have more research to back me up, have you ever debated? That's what debating is, comparing research. I'm not making things up willy nilly, I'm showing same research like everybody else here, I'm just being picked on because I use the word God in my argument.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-18 11:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

#thread
"detected a powerful X-ray outburst from the center of a galaxy named "RX J1242-11."" This is from your source explaining how they got the information. Let me guess you think those pictures are real and not an illustration?

That you're here, on a video game forum, trying to disprove accepted astrophysics and not working for NASA or some scholarly agency being able to actually disprove decades of physics, number crunching and math speaks volumes to the persuasiveness of any argument you put forth.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 11:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Frankly, basic knowledge about gravity and observation of black holes should be enough to answer any questions you have. You don't have to look directly at something to know about it.
That is my whole point, I'm not disproving black holes, I'm proving God, thank you for falling right into the trap. I'll be here all week fellas!
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-18 11:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lack of direct observation basically validates the existence of the Black Hole/Dark Star, since all the word means is a grouping of sufficient mass as to warp spacetime to a degree that light cannot escape.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-18 11:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I love research fact is, I can read and have more research to back me up, have you ever debated? That's what debating is, comparing research. I'm not making things up willy nilly, I'm showing same research like everybody else here, I'm just being picked on because I use the word God in my argument.

You can't use the word "God" in a scientific argument to evidence anything. Because gods are not backed up by any measurable or projected scientific basis.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 11:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
#thread
"detected a powerful X-ray outburst from the center of a galaxy named "RX J1242-11."" This is from your source explaining how they got the information. Let me guess you think those pictures are real and not an illustration?

That you're here, on a video game forum, trying to disprove accepted astrophysics and not working for NASA or some scholarly agency being able to actually disprove decades of physics, number crunching and math speaks volumes to the persuasiveness of any argument you put forth.
I'm not disagreeing with any of the research, simply putting the pieces together, thank you for missing the point.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-18 11:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I believe that those illustrations are color photographs taken of black holes millions of light years away.

I don't see what you're getting at. I never said we've seen a black hole yet we know they exist based on the actions they take upon other objects like stars.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-18 11:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm proving God
Do you even know what you say? That makes no sense, the very concept of faith is to trust what you can't prove.
You're not "picked on" because you're religious, but because you make stupid claims.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 11:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Lack of direct observation basically validates the existence of the Black Hole/Dark Star, since all the word means is a grouping of sufficient mass as to warp spacetime to a degree that light cannot escape.
Read this it will change your life
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-04-18 11:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I believe that those illustrations are color photographs taken from black holes millions of light years away.

I don't see what you're getting at. I never said we've seen a black hole yet we know they exist based on the actions they take upon other objects - like stars.

I think what he's trying to say, is nobody has observed the physical form of a Black Hole, as one would a planet, star or other celestial body.

A fundamentally stupid argument to be sure, as human perception is all a fabrication of the mind anyway.

Read this it will change your life

How does that change anything? The fact that in the forum of scientific discovery, everything is always up for review as new information is discovered isn't news. And the jury is still out on "Hawking Radiation" anyway.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 11:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I believe that those illustrations are color photographs taken of black holes millions of light years away.

I don't see what you're getting at. I never said we've seen a black hole yet we know they exist based on the actions they take upon other objects like stars.
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I'm proving God
Do you even know what you say? That makes no sense, the very concept of faith is to trust what you can't prove.
You're not "picked on" because you're religious, but because you make stupid claims.
Look I'm doing what science does, you can't see god or touch him or smell him. Just like black holes. However you can see what he does and has done,like create the universe. You can call it a big bang, just like if an ancient egyptian would describe a gun if he had never seen one before we describe God that way. But it changes nothing. It's our lack of understanding. I'm not bible thumping, science, philosophy, life all proves God.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-18 11:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I believe that those illustrations are color photographs taken from black holes millions of light years away.

I don't see what you're getting at. I never said we've seen a black hole yet we know they exist based on the actions they take upon other objects - like stars.

I think what he's trying to say, is nobody has observed the physical form of a Black Hole, as one would a planet, star or other celestial body.

A fundamentally stupid argument to be sure, as human perception is all a fabrication of the mind anyway.
Yes thank you thank you!!!! Thats exactly what I'm saying, we can't know or see anything, sorry to go all Kant on you but we don't know what its fact or not. Or senses are flawed, and our minds more so. Everything is truly faith based, so I'm no more making ***up then you all are. And I have just as much faith and information.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-04-18 11:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

That is my whole point, I'm not disproving black holes, I'm proving God,

After being conservative, being religious was my next guess.

I should just start off with that instead.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 18 19 20