First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-09-19 15:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
PUP is probably the most well designed class in the game, I hope it gets more and more spotlight : D.

I don't know about best designed but my goodness PUP is fun.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-19 15:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Master melee still sucks really bad on PUP.
By eliroo 2016-09-19 15:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the way Spharai looks, can we focus MNK balance around that.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-19 15:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bear Paws ftw when it comes to H2H
By eliroo 2016-09-19 15:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They can both be good, let's just leave the porcupine fists out of this discussion.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-19 15:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Verda said: »
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I've solo'd VD avatars on BLM. I dunno why this is even being used as a metric for anything. I'm sure a lot of jobs can do it it's just that nobody really cares that much.

No you haven't. Only BLU can. No other job is capable.

I don't see how people can miss the point so well.

BST can do in 10-11mins. BLM I'm not sure of the solo time, but if it's greater than 5 mins is almost certainly a kite strategy.

BLU can do almost 4 runs in the time BST does one and doesn't use 1 hours. That's the metric and if you carefully read the post you'd understand that.

Anyway, pretty much what I expected as some of the responses. It's why a lot of people don't even bother to post here. Later!

Show even the slightest bit of proof of these claims and I might take you seriously.

Trust tank during the trust campaign and just spam T2/T3 while wearing reforged body for MP recycle. Outside of the campaign trusts will die to Astral Flow sometimes although it is still possible to win as Mana Wall gives you 5 additional minutes even if they go down (-97.5% DT...) It takes a long time so I wouldn't exactly say it's good gil but it's still doable.

Again though this is a stupid metric to use. It's fairly dumb to expect the same level of solo performance from every job.
By Chyula 2016-09-19 16:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

mnk can go back to delve!
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-19 17:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I've solo'd VD avatars on BLM. I dunno why this is even being used as a metric for anything. I'm sure a lot of jobs can do it it's just that nobody really cares that much.

No you haven't. Only BLU can. No other job is capable.

I don't see how people can miss the point so well.

BST can do in 10-11mins. BLM I'm not sure of the solo time, but if it's greater than 5 mins is almost certainly a kite strategy.

BLU can do almost 4 runs in the time BST does one and doesn't use 1 hours. That's the metric and if you carefully read the post you'd understand that.

Anyway, pretty much what I expected as some of the responses. It's why a lot of people don't even bother to post here. Later!

Show even the slightest bit of proof of these claims and I might take you seriously.

Trust tank during the trust campaign and just spam T2/T3 while wearing reforged body for MP recycle. Outside of the campaign trusts will die to Astral Flow sometimes although it is still possible to win as Mana Wall gives you 5 additional minutes even if they go down (-97.5% DT...) It takes a long time so I wouldn't exactly say it's good gil but it's still doable.

Again though this is a stupid metric to use. It's fairly dumb to expect the same level of solo performance from every job.

Apologies if I was unclear. I was directing the desire for evidence to Verda, not you. I 100% know BLM can do those, but his claim of BLU doing 4 VD runs in 11 minutes was wildly inaccurate and exaggerated.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-19 17:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

After doing a few Leviathans on VD, solo will range from 5-7 mins on BLU. Was going with acc food, but the last run I forgot to use it and had no acc issues so next time will swap to RCB. Really depends on how annoying it is being, spamming Poisonga, and if you want to move out of range for each Grand Fall. Positioning the trusts so they only get hit by Tidal Wave is extremely easy, so you don't have to worry about Waterja.

Based on that, it is easily soloable by a few jobs. Since it poses no real danger to you if you're moving out of range of Grand Fall. Subbing ninja to avoid water V/flood II should make it possible on a lot of jobs. Even without OP trusts campaign.
By Draylo 2016-09-19 17:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

These people are grasping at straws atm... holy hell lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-19 17:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just was pleased to see with the AoE damage change that Apururu wasn't killed by Tidal Wave lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-09-19 18:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

my blu takes less time to gear up because i put all the gear in my wardrobes NERF BLU!!!1
By Ruaumoko 2016-09-19 18:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fujilives said: »
Asura.Avallon said: »
We cleared Kirin and WoC yesterday
Note: Rune Fencer (Rua) won the parse.
To be fair Kouryu is a PLD so he automatically has Critical Def. Bonus trait. Warder of Courage seems to get the same when he Bracelets go up. BLU noticed CDC numbers plummeted when Bracelets went up while Expiacion numbers remained somewhat consistent.

Resolution benefits massively if the RUN is being fed a lot of Attack+ from various sources. CDC does too but nowhere near as much.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-19 18:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairly sure it's just a straight up damage taken trait. The same
Ruaumoko said: »
Asura.Fujilives said: »
Asura.Avallon said: »
We cleared Kirin and WoC yesterday
Note: Rune Fencer (Rua) won the parse.
To be fair Kouryu is a PLD so he automatically has Critical Def. Bonus trait. Warder of Courage seems to get the same when he Bracelets go up. BLU noticed CDC numbers plummeted when Bracelets went up while Expiacion numbers remained somewhat consistent.

Resolution benefits massively if the RUN is being fed a lot of Attack+ from various sources. CDC does too but nowhere near as much.

I'm fairly sure it's just a straight up damage taken reduction. Magic damage is also reduced significantly. I doubt it is crit damage specific.
 Odin.Roundelk
Server: Odin
user: Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-19 18:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't be surprised if he has everything since he is everything.
[+]
 Odin.Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-19 18:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I should point out that Bolstered Idris Frailty with Light shot dia 2 floors DEF or really close to it so you don't need Attack buffs until Bolster wears.
By Ruaumoko 2016-09-19 19:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Roundelk said: »
I should point out that Bolstered Idris Frailty with Light shot dia 2 floors DEF or really close to it so you don't need Attack buffs until Bolster wears.
This is true.

It might be better to have the GEO doing Bolster use Indi-STR and just Entrust Indi-Fury. +90 STR from that coupled with Boost-STR from a WHM for another +25 gives +115 STR. That's pretty substantial for Resolution. Helps out Savage Blade, Stardiver and pretty much anything a DRK will use.
 Odin.Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-19 19:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea DRK, everytime I think about it my RUN says "On your left".
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-19 20:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Also for WoC and T4 Melee clears I have never switched out of my normal TP set which on BLU DRK and RUN are 1140+ outside easha no food/buffs.

Seriously? I'm just over 1200 outside Escha no food/buffs, interesting.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-19 20:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Challenge accepted.
Being able to win isn't entirely the point. With just a real BRD or real WHM I can win VD levi but my clear times aren't nearly as good, and if I spam it enough or get say magic evasion vs water gear etc, I could pull out a win, eventually that is why I say I think it is possible for THF to win in my post, especially pulling out PD. However a win alone won't address the purpose of the post, which is gil making is far easier and more accessible to BLU, who is in every way able to do this better than other DD jobs, that I have seen. Even if you could make a strat for consistent wins on say THF, you'd have to also merit farm as fast as them, clear as fast as them, and be as consistent as them which due to the points I listed I think is currently not possible. The BLU I've spoken to that does it the most doesn't even have a special spell loadout for Levi, and goes WAR sub and uses berserk. Please don't repurpose the point of the post into showboating. If you do win though, you'll get my congrats, it is just not the point of the post. If any job stood a chance at competing with BLU on this it'd be RUN or NIN, but even they lack the ability to self heal well on demand, and self cap haste, and merit farm in record times, or have crit ws that self chain light for such big numbers. One other thing BLU gets to do too, is start the fight with haste cap and other buffs on, where most DD will be waiting for trusts to buff you up for some period after starting the fight. In fact, just better trusts could help close the gap imo, but then you'd end up in situations where a BLU does well without trusts and other DD require them much more. There is also the recent nerf to aoe in the last patch, but I'm told waterja still can own trusts even though the AF doesn't now, so even as the last patch, there's more room to win but it still isn't going to be on par with what BLU is doing, which is entirely the point.
I don't give a *** who's soloing it. I'm looking for a personal challenge. If I want to farm it efficiently, I'm going to bring people.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2016-09-19 20:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree, it's a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-19 21:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Country or regular?
By eliroo 2016-09-19 21:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
I disagree, it's a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.

Donkey Kong SUCKS
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-09-20 00:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »

[expand dong]
 Odin.Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-20 07:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Also for WoC and T4 Melee clears I have never switched out of my normal TP set which on BLU DRK and RUN are 1140+ outside easha no food/buffs.

Yes. I have 3 TP sets normal which is 1140, then Mid ACC. which is 1200-1210 then full blown ACC. which is 1300. With the update my 3rd set became useless as I used that for when I am on mid accuracy and accuracy buffs drops. You never needed more than 1140-50 Accuracy for normal TP gear.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-20 08:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Yes. I have 3 TP sets normal which is 1140, then Mid ACC. which is 1200-1210 then full blown ACC. which is 1300. With the update my 3rd set became useless as I used that for when I am on mid accuracy and accuracy buffs drops. You never needed more than 1140-50 Accuracy for normal TP gear.

None of my normal TP gear is slotted for Accuracy, but I do wonder if maybe swapping some Adhemar to path B would be more worthwhile now if requirements are so low. Not really sure on that since I dualbox an Idris GEO and therefore more attack is rarely something I need to slot for.

So do you know the accuracy value you're at during WoC?
 Odin.Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-20 08:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I only know that WoC evasion is around 1831, I will let you know when we do it again.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-09-20 09:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Super accuracy sets are really more for when buffs aren't there for whatever reason. We did WoC with 5 last night and I had to use my 1300 set, but we only had SV songs and an entrusted Torpor post-bracelets for buffs.

edit: I end up having 1895 accuracy, 1875 on WS, +50 during bracelets
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-09-20 10:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I know 1,777 ~1848 with a Bolstered 900 NQ Geo torpor (-150 evasion) puts me right at cap. If I don't hit a Crooked 11 on Hunters roll I lose capped acc. I hit 95-96% with this but I use a Blurred Knife +1 offhand on COR so the OA2 40% is messing with this a bit.

Base Acc w/Food & Vorseals: 1407(main)/1417~(offhand)
Buffs:
Idris Bolster Precsion (200)
x2 +5 Mads (71) Forgot SV! (142)
Crooked Hunters 11 (80)
Boost Dex25 (~19)
NQ Bolstered Torpor (-150 Evasion)

Edit: It might of been +6 Mads I forgot to ask if the BRD alt had JSE cape another 6 acc. I checked my acc a few fights but never recorded since my roll wasn't always an 11. But we always had the above buffs each fight.

Edit 2: I forgot SV and don't know if the BRD had 5 Mad Merits either. If he did its another +10 acc then.

So if he had both the merits and the cap: 1864 + -150 Torpor.
By eliroo 2016-09-20 10:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the best buff to RDM would be making Distract, Frazzle and Addle all non-elemental spells or make them ignore special resistances.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25