Quick nerf blm!
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-19 14:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I've solo'd VD avatars on BLM. I dunno why this is even being used as a metric for anything. I'm sure a lot of jobs can do it it's just that nobody really cares that much.

No you haven't. Only BLU can. No other job is capable.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-19 14:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
I disagree with the the gearing aspect. Generally if you have one light armor DD geared well, you have a lot of gear that transfers over. There is very few pieces of armor now that are just job exclusive outside of AF and RMEA

This is true and I wasn't implying it was impossible. But if all you have leveled is mage jobs it isn't like you can turn around, level up BLU and fully gear it to solo VD avatars in a matter of moments.

Well, at this point in the game if you only have like one job geared that is very rare. Most have a few jobs leveled and geared. Usually some form of mage, melee, and support. Reisen/Escha/Abjurations really have made gearing multiple jobs while gearing one up pretty easy.
By Afania 2016-09-19 14:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
So because one job overshadows "your" favorite job we should nerf it for everyone.... very sound logic I must say.

No, this has nothing to do with individuals favorite job. People need to stop viewing job or design adjustment from a subjective pov.
By Verda 2016-09-19 14:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've solo'd VD avatars on BLM. I dunno why this is even being used as a metric for anything. I'm sure a lot of jobs can do it it's just that nobody really cares that much.

Sylph.Oraen said: »

I don't see how people can miss the point so well.

BST can do in 10-11mins. BLM I'm not sure of the solo time, but if it's greater than 5 mins is almost certainly a kite strategy.

BLU can do almost 4 runs in the time BST does one and doesn't use 1 hours. That's the metric and if you carefully read the post you'd understand that.

Anyway, pretty much what I expected as some of the responses. It's why a lot of people don't even bother to post here. Later!
 Odin.Roundelk
Server: Odin
user: Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-19 14:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
As far as if BLU is OP or not, if I ever see another DD class farm gil the way BLU can I will say it's not OP but as is it should really not have the utility + survivability + damage output it has in one package it should pay more for those so it has to make a choice between them rather than just all of them good.

I have talked to lady and a few other high end THF about if we can solo VD avatars like BLU can, as well as high end WAR. So far, none can. That is troubling to me as BLU have been solo farming especially JP side VD levi and ifrit for quite a while now. Let's look at what makes this possible:
1) Due to self capping haste, they get two more trust slots almost every other DD has to have ulmia and a rdm.
2) Unlike nearly every other DD they can effectively tank in their best TP sets. Other jobs have to load up on DT and then lose the ability to self chain if they are tanking something as dangerous as VD levi.
3) CDC is one of the best crit ws there is, and against a mob you are only using trust buffs, crit ws become very valuable as they give a huge spike in damage over non crit ws options. Given that it can also self chain in 2 WS a good BLU with just trusts can pump out over 60k damage, while tanking in their TP set.
4) Out of all DD, they get to be one of the best at merit farming. They can AoE stuff in reisenjima and in 10 mins or less be back at it.
5) Their clear time is better than most endgame groups, with top end blu clearing it in 2 mins 10s to 3 mins.
6) If their trusts die, which can often happen, they can self heal.

The best run I have so far is I got levi to 30% before they killed my trusts and I limped along in full DT and healing as DNC sub solo for about 3 mins before being combo'd.

I still think it is possible to win solo as THF and working on it, but it is clearly a much easier thing to do with BLU. This is only for high end BLU. But clearly, they do need to pay a higher price for everything they can do. I think it is less a big deal in party setups. Especially ones using a real tank where THF really shines. But as it stands currently, they are the only DD that can solo VD avatars that I know of, and been doing it for months now. To the point that a good BLU player can be 7-8x more gil rich than the rest the entire community and that is broken and should be addressed. If I were a game dev for this, I'd suggest hitting blu's point costs so they can't have as much as everything at once, and make them pay a higher cost for when they pulled hate in content. I don't think barrier tusk should break pdt caps, and occultation shouldn't have so many shadows. MG should also not give haste.

That is just my view. And I'm not going to engage in back and forth or arguing. And I love my friends who play BLU or any other job they wish to play. Talking pure game balance though that's what I see. Something tells me I'll regret posting anything in this train wreck of a thread but oh well. I'll take the this is my view, stance. And if ppl want to attack it or me then go for it but I'm not going to reply I think this example hits on everything that needs addressed about BLU but one thing: it's popularity. I keep seeing people give up their primary jobs (even years long career jobs) to play BLU, another sign it needs nerfed imo.

PUP SCH and BST are able to solo VD fights and is probably easier with those jobs, In fact SCH and BST were the first to do it. BLU probably wasn't able to do it consistently until the attack cap increase in Februrary. DRG and RDM have also shown they can Solo Sinister Reign and some ilvl140 like AAGK and Seiryu.

BLU is not a DD, it is a Hybrid.

1. Yes they can cap haste but only a handful of trusts are useful as I still use Ulmia and Arciela/KoH on BLU anyway because there isn't really any other Trust that would be useful.

2. The defense boost is gravely overestimated, on VD Avatar fights you are likely using Occultation to deal with their Physical Bloodpact which makes defense level not matter and even with Cocoon + MG they will come very close to one shotting you forcing you to equip DT sets anyway when Occultation recast isn't up, I know because I do it. Outside of VD fights the same holds true, most good BLU's would cast Cocoon before a fight and forget about as it does not reduce damage as much as you think for example T3 Zitah Behemoth will still one shot you with Wild horn even with Cocoon + MG and if it doesn't it will come close, it's a front conal move which wipes Occultation so a BLU would have to switch to DT gear. Take a guess on which job you think could handle it with normal TP sets, screw it I will tell you.

DRK can NV Drain 3 a silly mob before popping and if you forgot to do it, Seigan 3rd/Eye eats it which holds true for WAR SAM DRG.

DNC can Fan Dance making it do laughable damage.

NIN Utsusemi/Migawari eats it.

RUN has Battuta which would parry it.

THF would put hate on other players.

Since we are talking about high end players, On content that's ilvl135+ BLU's defenses goes into the trash.

3. CDC may be the best Crit WS but is not the strongest and trust buffs would help out CDC as much as any other Weapon Skill and even more so for something like Resolution. CDC > CDC = Light is great but most of the time you are better off doing Multi step skillchain which BLU kind of sucks at. It's best multi step needs CA Thrahsing assault to do a 5/6 step double light while AG Rag DRK can do a 5 step double light or Dark(Scythe) all day long, WAR Can multi step all day, SAM can multi step all day as well as a few others. In fact RDM if acc isn't an issue and has Excalibur can do Savage Blade > CDC > KoTR > Savage Blade > CDC for double light you can even add requiescat in front of that but that's hard to pull off.

4. BLU is not a DD, it is a Hybrid job. One of the best but list all the jobs that can reliably cleave so people don't think OMG only BLU can. BST PLD DNC WAR and RUN that I can think of off the top of my head and I have seen GEO's and BLM's do it from time to time. BST is probably the best at the moment.

5. This is pure ignorance as evidence in this very thread , DRK WAR SAM [RUN(With support)] right off the bat out damage BLU. If BLU's that you are playing with out DD you on these jobs then it is because they have better gear,knowledge and this one might hurt but skill as well. How is using stronger damage dealers clearing content slower than weaker ones? It doesn't make sense.

6. Multiple jobs can heal themselves even if trusts die. DNC DRG SCH RDM and more when applicable, BST can heal their pets when needed.

BLU isn't a DD that can solo VD fights, it's a HYBRID JOB that can solo VD fights and it is not the only job that can do it as stated above in this post that SCH and BST were doing it before BLU and still are.

Yes. Barrier Tusk does go past the PDT cap but so does all Phalanx effects such as Phalanx and Fan Dance but it is added after DT gear. I also see 75% Defense bonus(Cocoon+MG) tossed around a lot and yes in solo play it's true but in group play it only be 50% boost as everyone gets the 25% boost from MG and then ~1 min later Cocoon drops so that 50% is gone on any fight lasting more then 1min and 30 seconds.

So while BLU is capping haste you and your friends who one of them thought BLU had the second best stats in each category which was dead wrong had discussions with incorrect information who then spread it to their friends and then to their friends and then to their friends aaaannnnnd we have a BLU bandwagon.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-19 14:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »

I don't see how people can miss the point so well.

BST can do in 10-11mins. BLM I'm not sure of the solo time, but if it's greater than 5 mins is almost certainly a kite strategy.

BLU can do almost 4 runs in the time BST does one and doesn't use 1 hours. That's the metric and if you carefully read the post you'd understand that.

Anyway, pretty much what I expected as some of the responses. It's why a lot of people don't even bother to post here. Later!

Show even the slightest bit of proof of these claims and I might take you seriously.
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-09-19 14:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Asura.Foreverj said: »
So what if game gets easy for the elite linkshells. It's hard for me.

No thanks.

Also to those who kept saying BlU isn't top DD thus no nerf should happen. I vaguely remember(correct me if I remember it wrong) when FFXIV ARR was out, BRD wasn't top DD and MNK was, however BRD was the most popular DD at that time and it got nerfed.

DPS job adjustment isn't always based on it's DPS capabilities.

You say no thanks, we the casual who plays less then 5 hours a week says yes please.

I support game design decisions that benefits the game as a whole, not benefitting individuals.

At this point I don't know if you are trolling or not.

Sorry im not trolling. It's hard for me because I can't follow a linkshell schedule but I still want the shinys. How can they balance it where the casuals can also possibly work towards a aeonic other then buying it?
 Asura.Fujilives
user: Fujilives
By Asura.Fujilives 2016-09-19 14:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
We cleared Kirin and WoC yesterday
Note: Rune Fencer (Rua) won the parse.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-09-19 14:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

No thanks.

Also to those who kept saying BlU isn't top DD thus no nerf should happen. I vaguely remember(correct me if I remember it wrong) when FFXIV ARR was out, BRD wasn't top DD and MNK was, however BRD was the most popular DD at that time and it got nerfed.

You say no thanks, we the casual who plays less then 5 hours a week says yes please.

I support game design decisions that benefits the game as a whole, not benefitting individuals.

Sorry im not trolling. It's hard for me because I can't follow a linkshell schedule but I still want the shinys. How can they balance it where the casuals can also possibly work towards a aeonic other then buying it?

Ok I said I was done but I gotta say one more thing. How in the holy hell is a blu nerf going to help you farm gil or whatever on other jobs? The other jobs will still suck after the nerf so your though has no logical sense to it. No nerf is going to bring thf back, need to accept that.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-19 14:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Roundelk said: »
Yes. Barrier Tusk does go past the PDT cap but so does all Phalanx effects such as Phalanx and Fan Dance but it is added after DT gear. I also see 75% Defense bonus(Cocoon+MG) tossed around a lot and yes in solo play it's true but in group play it only be 50% boost as everyone gets the 25% boost from MG and then ~1 min later Cocoon drops so that 50% is gone on any fight lasting more then 1min and 30 seconds.

Don't bring Phalanx into this, it is just a straight damage reduction and not a %. Depending on the content Barrier Tusk will make Phalanx look lika PoS spell. Not even comparable.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-09-19 14:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Enuyasha said: »
Everyone knows the only balance is to buff SAM. /endthread
I like this guy.

I hope SE listens to you.

Now we are on the same page. Buff buff buff everything. So what if game gets easy for the elite linkshells. It's hard for me.
It's not about difficulty in this case. Difficulty isn't everything.

The problem is that some nerfs have changed the feel of certain jobs, or some buffs could enhance said thing. There is also a real issue if they aren't able to more or less balance the very few combinations of jobs offered by FFXI.

There will always be a certain number of "OP" jobs, or slightly more convenient ones, that's normal, but SE has given the feeling that they quickly nerf stuff instead of actually taking the time to either nerf or buff but, to adapt the game around it. They also do it in a way that will sometimes change how the job is played, completely or almost, or will alter the main feeling of the job. It's pretty heavy.

BLU seems cool to play as it is while being efficient, same goes for some other jobs, but it doesn't apply to all jobs. That's the issue, not BLU.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-09-19 14:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I can solo 6 avatars at the same time with 6 different accounts on PUP. It's the laptop DJ of the ffxi job world. Does that mean that PUP is broken? No, it's still lolpup and we need buffs.

SE, buff me Moar pls.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-19 14:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just incase everyone didn't read properly. Verda was claiming that no job can do it as reliably and as fast as a BLU can. I don't think the point was whether other jobs could do it or not but read what you want.
By Afania 2016-09-19 14:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

No thanks.

And why is your personal circumstances should be the reason to determine whether an adjustment should happen or not.

At this point I just see people keep playing the "but X job can do Y" card, or "just job change" card, or "I am casual make my life easier plz" card....when none of them are directly related to game design adjustments.

Other games receive design adjustments all the time, why is it such a big deal in FFXI.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-19 14:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Barrier Tusk is basically 7.5% DT if you actually swap into your DT sets.
 Odin.Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-19 15:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda is wrong because a BLU with trusts only can not soloing VD Avatar fights in 2 minutes that ***can easily take 6+ minutes with luck which is just as long as other jobs that can solo, stop spreading misinformation.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-19 15:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't tried since the update. But, last I recall trusts just died from AF on VD. I'll try in a sec
 Asura.Diavos
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-09-19 15:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So the solution is everyone plays BLU because it's OP? Sorry doesn't fly. I play this game quite a bit you even playing regularly of the 22 jobs can have 1-3 you can play at that level. People shouldn't be forced to pick a job or that is the definition of inbalance. Anyway, last I'm saying on the subject, enjoy the thread folks :D

That's not the definition of imbalance, that's the definition of choice. You get to break out your BLU when you want to solo some gil the same way your friend does, you get to break out your RUN when you want to tank a T3 or T4 for your linkshell, you get to play GEO when you feel lazy and want to coast through some Ambuscade runs and you get to play MNK when you're running around your Mog Garden since most people wouldn't be caught dead on the job these days.

You aren't capable of bringing about change with your attitude because it's clear you don't have the will for it. I don't want to sound mean or anything, but if you're bowing out of the thread so soon it shows just how strongly you believe in your argument.

@Diavos By your logic SE should never adjust jobs because everyone can just job change to the strongest one.

The point flew right over your head. SE WILL adjust the job(s) if they start noticing too large a portion of the population is playing BLU, GEO or whichever other job you happen to think is OP. Want to make it happen? Login, start playing BLU and convince all your friends to do the same. If you aren't willing to do that then I question your conviction.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-09-19 15:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Afania,

I just want other jobs to get a buff so I can play warrior, monk, unlock dark knight, lol
By eliroo 2016-09-19 15:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Diavos said: »
I don't want to sound mean or anything, but if you're bowing out of the thread so soon it shows just how strongly you believe in your argument.

Or probably because they don't think arguing with a bunch of stubborn people is worth their time or stress.

Quote:
That's not the definition of imbalance, that's the definition of choice. You get to break out your BLU when you want to solo some gil the same way your friend does, you get to break out your RUN when you want to tank a T3 or T4 for your linkshell, you get to play GEO when you feel lazy and want to coast through some Ambuscade runs and you get to play MNK when you're running around your Mog Garden since most people wouldn't be caught dead on the job these days.

This game has always been a game of being a master of a few jobs and not all of them.

Beyond gear, I forgot to mention Job points, luas and specific weapons.

I have never once met a player who can switch between each job and perform their roles at the high level for all of the jobs, and while there may be one now I doubt it is a common occurrence.

Choice is definitely a defining factor of this game but you really don't have the same luxury as choice when switching classes for higher level content that requires JPs, jse gear and specific augments on certain weapons.

Even back in the Pre Aht-Urghan days, people would only focus on or maybe two jobs but no one could switch between them all and fill their roles in a sky clear or HNM raid.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-19 15:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Took like 6:30 to kill, was pretty easy. Not bad at all
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-19 15:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK just can't catch a break in this thread, lol.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-19 15:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You know a job has reached its lowest point when it just becomes a meme.
 Odin.Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-19 15:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what the thread should be about, fixing MNK. 21 jobs in the game and all have a use throughout the game except MNK. PUP is more useful than MNK, like did you ever imagine PUP being more useful than MNK?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-09-19 15:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »

I'm thinking of making a MNK only LS. We'll do content with only Monks and a bard. We'll also give up shortly after clearing Delve 1.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-09-19 15:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP is probably the most well designed class in the game, I hope it gets more and more spotlight : D.

Quote:
I'm thinking of making a MNK only LS. We'll do content with only Monks and a bard. We'll also give up shortly after clearing Delve 1.

Surprised you would even make it past bubbly bernie.
[+]
 Odin.Roundelk
By Odin.Roundelk 2016-09-19 15:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Also for WoC and T4 Melee clears I have never switched out of my normal TP set which on BLU DRK and RUN are 1140+ outside easha no food/buffs.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-19 15:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
What would pchan say?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25