Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-23 18:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Two things irk me greatly about the dentist(at least mine):

1. "Don't worry you won't feel anything" then suddenly drops an iron hammer on your teeth and laughs "oops, oh well it didn't hurt did it?" of course it did you jerk.

2. Asks a lot of questions and then goes "why do you never answer?" maybe cause my mouth is full of your tools and you even anesthesized half of my mouth?
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-23 18:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Two things irk me greatly about the dentist(at least mine):

1. "Don't worry you won't feel anything" then suddenly drops an iron hammer on your teeth and laughs "oops, oh well it didn't hurt did it?" of course it did you jerk.

2. Asks a lot of questions and then goes "why do you never answer?" maybe cause my mouth is full of your tools and you even anesthesized half of my mouth?
Last time I had to endure that ***while he was drilling. I spent the whole procedure half-screaming. I do not do subtle when someone is inflicting pain on me.

Ironically, when I fractured my skull and got a severe concussion, I was the one being calm, making phone calls, limiting the amount of meds they gave me, and doing everything I could to prove I was "ok." I emphatically refused to let them lift me to transfer from gurney to bed and back again for the half-dozen CT scans. However, since my potassium was low, they put me on a drip for that. NEVER permit a potassium drip. It felt like my entire arm was being lit on fire from the inside out and I was thrashing in my bed until they turned the damned thing off and opted for a different admixture. And that's a normal reaction to potassium supplementation.

Related note:
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-23 19:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I started driving late at the age of 18, the first day I had my first car, I learned to hate two things; trains and bicyclists.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-23 19:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We bicyclists hate you, too. And only heroin addicts like trains. I had to ride over something like ten sets of train tracks en route to an interview the other day and was getting ready to burn Dagny Taggart in effigy by the end of it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-23 19:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I started driving late at the age of 18, the first day I had my first car, I learned to hate two things; trains and bicyclists.
I love, when they have a bike lane, AND THEY DRIVE ON THE CAR LANE!!!!!!!!!!! SO. MUCH. RAGE.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-23 19:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
I love, when they have a bike lane, AND THEY DRIVE ON THE CAR LANE!!!!!!!!!!! SO. MUCH. RAGE.
In my defense, since I sometimes have to do this, the street sweepers apparently have felt no need to clear away the gravel and other ***that collected throughout the winter from several of the streets I ride along. I am not going to faceplant while going almost 30 MPH downhill because I hit a patch of gravel instead of taking my lane. The speed limit is 35 MPH, anyhow, so it's not like I'm slowing people that much.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-23 19:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

My town spent a lot of tax money about 10 years ago on a riverside bike path, they never use it. They also don't have to tag or insure their bikes.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2014-04-23 19:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

They also don't have to tag or insure their bikes.
Or pay a form of Tax somehow for that road used.

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
In my defense, since I sometimes have to do this, the street sweepers apparently have felt no need to clear away the gravel and other ***that collected throughout the winter from several of the streets I ride along. I am not going to faceplant while going almost 30 MPH downhill because I hit a patch of gravel instead of taking my lane. The speed limit is 35 MPH, anyhow, so it's not like I'm slowing people that much.
Well of course not. You shouldn't have to be on an unsafe road, but place this happens most is just curvy but level.

I think some community folks put signs down on side of road to tell cyclists to ride the bike path. So much win, even if they didn't follow.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-23 19:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

They also don't have to tag or insure their bikes.
How would that work, exactly? In the overwhelming majority of cases, at least here in my neck of the woods, if a bike and a car strike one another, the cyclist is hospitalized or dead. It's extremely common for motorists to peel off and never look back after they've killed a cyclist, too, and when they're caught they're given some *** charge like "involuntary vehicular manslaughter" rather than the second-degree murder charge they deserve.

But if me paying $10 a month to cover the scratches that my body and bicycle leave on your paintwork as you attempt to murder me means you'll think twice, I'll do it.

A friend of mine is presently in the hospital with a severe brain injury because someone didn't feel like paying attention to his lights and just turned out of a parking lot in front of him. He'll recover, but I'm really not feeling like insurance would be a meaningful thing to try to enforce when the danger is unbalanced heavily in one direction.

Though apparently there has been a college girl in a coma (so she's basically probably dead) for a year now since she got hit by a cyclist on the local university campus. I feel for her and want to beat the hell out of the cyclist responsible, but I'll bet some cynical and easy money that she walked into traffic without even glancing up from her cell phone. I see that all the time and it's a wonder motorists don't killed half the freshman class every autumn.

I think some community folks put signs down on side of road to tell cyclists to ride the bike path. So much win, even if they didn't follow.
My community has been spending a lot of money on painting various roads (like the one I take to and from work every day with the gravel-filled bike lane -.-) with signs indicating that cyclists have a right to their lane. Actually, under both city and state law, I am required to use the street and cannot ride on a sidewalk. The signs have made a little impact, but I still have idiots honk when I'm going 20-22 MPH in a 25 zone expecting me to pull over to the curb. They soon learn that I'm vociferous and obscene and loud in addition to fast.

There is technically a bike path I could take instead of the main roads (which, again, alternate between bike lanes and "Share the road" markings). It requires me to cross two busy streets blindly and use a very dangerous and very narrow, moderately busy road for half a mile. Sometimes you just can't win. Man, do I hate working on the west side.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-23 19:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta love them skype interviews. I only got 2 more to go now and hopefully I'll be back in China by June it looks like.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-23 19:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Err probably July.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-23 19:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Gotta love them skype interviews. I only got 2 more to go now and hopefully I'll be back in China by June it looks like.
I don't want to go to China but I need another job...

I need to call some places in the morning.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-23 19:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Chengdu is fun as hell. I'm trying to get a position that's longer than the standard 6 months for travel and business visas. Kinda gotta finagle your way in, lol.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-23 19:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The silicon valley of the Far East as the guy called it.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-23 19:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Git back to work!
By Jetackuu 2014-04-23 19:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Git back to work!
***yesterday I was playing Gears2 during the webinar, today I've been playing X remastered...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-23 19:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more of a visionary, so technically I'm always working even in my sleep. This interview that just got done was about 40min, and by the end I had the guy laughing. Always good.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-23 20:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Onor, I think you are assuming people hit cyclists on purpose, accidents happen be they two cars, motorcycles, bikes, or pedestrians. Most cyclists around here aren't riding their bike to work, the store, etc. they are riding for exercize, which is what the path we all paid for in taxes is for. One or two cyclists wouldn't be much of an issue, the issue comes from a group of 15, taking up the whole lane of a two lane road.

Tiger rides his bike because he has to to get to class/work. I doubt he does it purely for shits & giggles.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-23 20:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more of a visionary, so technically I'm always working even in my sleep. This interview that just got done was about 40min, and by the end I had the guy laughing. Always good.
I'm working on thinking of other ways to make money than what I'm currently during to do so, as what I'm currently during to make money is mind killing.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-23 20:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm working on thinking of other ways to make money than what I'm currently during to do so, as what I'm currently during to make money is mind killing.
Yeah I'm done with that kind of grind. For now I started to move some silver and do some electronic recycling. There's plenty of junk laying around in NJ, not a problem. lol
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-23 20:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything I do is for the lulz!
By Jetackuu 2014-04-23 20:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

@the bicycle thing:

while a cyclist has the right to use the right side of the road, if they are technically obstructing traffic (the same as any other vehicle is required to do) they're supposed to pull over to unobstruct traffic.

depending on the state and locality of course, as not all have requirements for that, and then it all depends on the judge really.

It's just courtesy imo if you're blocking traffic flow to pull over for a moment, something I wish farmers would do more a lot more than cyclists, I guess mostly because the majority of time cyclists aren't in the way, but I guess that all depends on the road, and a lot of our city roads now have bike lanes around here (paved, what kind of retard would make them gravel?).

kind of like when I'm on an unfamiliar road and the weather is bad, I'll be driving slow and have my blinkers on, I'll still move over if people want to pass me, let them.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-23 20:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm done with that kind of grind. For now I started to move some silver and do some electronic recycling. There's plenty of junk laying around in NJ, not a problem. lol

I have plans in my head for a few electronic devices, I need to do some research but I think I have an idea for a pretty cool device that would help people in rural areas.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-23 20:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If only I had my own house with a laboratory...
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-23 20:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

having a workbench+area would certainly help, when I get a house I'm definitely going to adjust that cost into it, shouldn't cost too much.

Probably do it in the garage or basement or something, but will make sure to add ventilation, for soldering etc.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-23 20:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

@the bicycle thing:

while a cyclist has the right to use the right side of the road, if they are technically obstructing traffic (the same as any other vehicle is required to do) they're supposed to pull over to unobstruct traffic.

depending on the state and locality of course, as not all have requirements for that, and then it all depends on the judge really.

It's just courtesy imo if you're blocking traffic flow to pull over for a moment, something I wish farmers would do more a lot more than cyclists, I guess mostly because the majority of time cyclists aren't in the way, but I guess that all depends on the road, and a lot of our city roads now have bike lanes around here (paved, what kind of retard would make them gravel?).

kind of like when I'm on an unfamiliar road and the weather is bad, I'll be driving slow and have my blinkers on, I'll still move over if people want to pass me, let them.
Yeah, lol. There are Amish on the way to some of our jobs and they get on the highway. There aren't many bike lanes here, just downtown and they never use them. Farmers around here usually run on the shoulder and the Amish usually only cross the highway when using back roads, that is both in carriage and on a tractor.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-23 20:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

PA?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-04-23 20:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

having a workbench+area would certainly help, when I get a house I'm definitely going to adjust that cost into it, shouldn't cost too much.

Probably do it in the garage or basement or something, but will make sure to add ventilation, for soldering etc.
There's like dirt cheap industrial spaces not too far from me that are like $200-300 a month, with no electricity, but have a small loading dock. I was contemplating getting one of those and a cheap 6,000 watt gas generator the other day.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-23 20:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

PA?
Oklahoma.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16588 16589 16590 ... 18549 18550 18551