First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-17 11:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Beta is for feedback. This is my feedback.
I don't think anyone at SE said, "Just buy a PC if you don't like PS3," even though that is your only other option. I'm confident they'll be working to tweak PS3 more so in the coming weeks, as stated above, it was the first ever Beta test for PS3 for FFXIV.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-06-17 11:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you need to read my initial comment. It doesn't say what you seem to think it does.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-17 11:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you need to read my initial comment. It doesn't say what you seem to think it does.
I read your first post. I was going off of the post I quoted in response to the previous poster.
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2013-06-17 11:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyte your playing on a PS3, which is the inferior version compared to the PC. You should expect slowdowns.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-17 11:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Scizor said: »
Kyte your playing on a PS3, which is the inferior version compared to the PC. You should expect slowdowns.
Holy ***, my eyes.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-06-17 11:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

hey so somebody explain to me..

is ff14 v.1.0 still up and running or did they shut everything down when Bahamut exploded and everybody is awaiting 2.0?

also are 1.0 players able to pick up characters they had or do they have to start over again with 2.0 as well?

I'm just confused by everything I'm reading on the internet..I've not played ff14 1.0 since its beta anyway.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-06-17 11:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not playing with the expectation that it'll run at top quality- I would just like for them to do something about FPS, if possible. How is this hard to understand?
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-17 11:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
The other thing is, quite a few people are comparing FFXI and FFXIV and the mechanics between them, when they are meant to be different.

No point to compare a 2013 game with a 2002 game. I have unforgettable experience in XI, but it should remain as XI experience and not in any other game.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-06-17 11:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I own it on PC and pre-ordered the PS3 version mainly for portability and for the CE stuffs. Though I might just wait for the PS4 version. I'm going to assume that they can make the game look just as good as the pc version will be with 60 fps.
 Bahamut.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2013-06-17 11:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not playing with the expectation that it'll run at top quality- I would just like for them to do something about FPS, if possible. How is this hard to understand?
I understand what your saying. I don't think they will be able to increase FPS without impacting or compromising on something else.
By Fyyvoaa 2013-06-17 11:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Beta is for feedback. This is my feedback.

Second of all, it is completely disgusting to be classified as a "begger" when I'm testing a new product for them that I might have some intention of purchasing in the future. This isn't like, say, a FFXI plugin where I'm just happy someone out there programmed something to make my life a little easier, regardless of whether or not it works exactly the way I'd like it to. It's perfectly fine to complain about some aspect of what they intend to sell (and overall, I think I do like the game- I just find the choppiness to be distracting to its overall beauty.)

oh no no no I didn't mean it that way lol... I just meant you have to take what they give you in the final product :p Sorry for the communication :x meant no harm...

But I get what you mean.
 Asura.Leonrafael
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonrafael 2013-06-17 11:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an extra PC key here. anyone still need?
gonne already...
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
Server: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-06-17 12:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Zizou said: »
Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The early leveling experience in an MMO is dull and uneventful. Who knew?!

Even now 11 wasnt boring to level a new job to 30 so your arguement is invalid

Really hope you are just trolling. XI's current leveling system is extremely boring.

The abyssea crap is boring agreed but i meant the eveling system pre abyssea. I loved partying in various places honestly. Even in 14 at 50 i loved to do spiritbond partys
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-06-17 12:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never enjoyed levelling in any game ever, olden day XI XP parties were ok for an hour, after that I got incredibly bored once I realized how long this is actually gonna take, aswell as downtime in the mix.

I've just never been a fan of level grinding, I think of the fun endgame ahead, then realize I'm stuck here levelling for ages!

In ARR it's actually kinda fun, I guess because it's a completely new game (to me), new enviroments, new monsters, etc. The quests aren't too fun, but the xp from doing fates, dungeons and that hunter log was actually really enjoyable, I was surprised.
 Fenrir.Rekial
Server: Fenrir
user: Rekial
By Fenrir.Rekial 2013-06-17 12:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have an extra ps3 key? pm if so please <3
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2013-06-17 13:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

kinda tempted to get this when it hits the stores but am wondering my PC
is 3 years old will it still be good enough to play it or would i have better luck with my PS3? i also plan to get a PS4 in the future probably when i can save enough money to and probably only if it can play PS3 games on it to >.>
 Cerberus.Hulkamania
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hulkamania 2013-06-17 15:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

controllers are included in game you will be able to use on pc i did and it set up mine with no issue.
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-17 16:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why we can only play weekend so far.. My god, if the same amount of care is given toward FFXI, we will not have the mess that is SoA....

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/36485
 Bahamut.Zellc
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2013-06-17 16:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Daus said: »
hey so somebody explain to me..

is ff14 v.1.0 still up and running or did they shut everything down when Bahamut exploded and everybody is awaiting 2.0?

also are 1.0 players able to pick up characters they had or do they have to start over again with 2.0 as well?

I'm just confused by everything I'm reading on the internet..I've not played ff14 1.0 since its beta anyway.

Hate when my post go unanswered. I hope I can help.

FF14 went down Halloween of last year. The final cut scene with Dalamund etc.

In the beta official fourms, I believe I read that the next phase will be more stress testing and testing the import of 1.0 characters. So we can have out old characters back.

And another small note: if you bought 1.0, you will not be forced to purchase another copy in august when ARR comes out, unless you want the limited edition.

The PC version will cost $29.99, while the PS3 version will cost $39.99. $12.99 / £7.69 / €10.99. (unless you are Legacy then I believe it will cost $9.99 per month).

A Collector's Edition of the game will also be available for $79.99 on PlayStation 3 (and $69.99 on PC via Square's online store).
Your text to link here...
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-17 16:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lordzetta said: »
Bahamut.Liuu said: »
I really enjoyed the beta and had withdrawal symptoms when it ended xD

Still, part of me is hesitant to shower it with praise because it plays like so many other WoW-esque MMOs on the market today, this time with a Final Fantasy skin. Most of my time was spent questing but I did do a few guildheist thingies on a pick up group and enjoyed them. I just hope the game offers enough outside of questing in the long run, because that's what will ultimately keep me playing.

I hope that this game is more than just questing as well. This was one of the major reasons I played 11 for so long, pre-abyssea that is.

From the look of it, there are TONS of contents at launch more so than FFXI expansion and you get updates every 2 months, big ones too. We are not getting 10% content with blank zones or gated content crap like FFXI. And you are not killing bazilion crabs and worms while sitting on your *** AFK - you have to actively moving and do dungeons. There is nothing wrong with taking what is best out there from WoW + Rift + Guild Wars 2 and completely ignoring FFXI. We saw the disaster that was Version 1 at launch before Yoshi P did his best to make that version playable. FF14 should not have any trace of FF11 atrocious mind numbing grind and all these so called HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE time sink (aka travel time that takes forever, vague quests hint, etc).

Yoshi did mention that he does not want players to do FFXI grind and urge you to level via the exploration and content quests etc plus dungeon. Similar to WoW basically. Absolutely nothing wrong with having WoW in FF skin :)
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-06-17 16:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if this has changed or what, but it's worth noting that you can't import characters if you purchase the game on PS3. Any verifications or contradictions to this info would help. I'd like to play on PS3 myself, but it's not worth it if I have to have two accounts.
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-17 16:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you mean? Your PS3 account can be played on PC if you have the same account, similar to how you can do it on Xbox 360 + PS2 and PC. You do need to buy a copy of the game for PS3 and PC. He also mentioned about multi account somewhere - he really wants your whole household play together lol even your grandma. They are going after the casual corners BIG TIME now, which is amazing, and yet still adding the hardcore tough as nails dungeon like the Crystal Tower. Omega and Ultima weapon is somewhere in the cutscene as well. Tons of fan service in this game more so than FF11. It is indeed a worthy successor. Unless the FFXI team pulled an Abyssea Vers 2.0 :P
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-06-17 16:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I heard from my buddy after logging in. You can't use your SE account on PS3. Could be totally wrong. I'd prefer it was because it's pants-on-head-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-17 16:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
That's what I heard from my buddy after logging in. You can't use your SE account on PS3. Could be totally wrong. I'd prefer it was because it's pants-on-head-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

By Luvbunny1 2013-06-17 16:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It is stated you can use your PS3 account on PC as well. Couple threads of discussion here.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/62079-Multiple-FFXIV-accounts-under-1-SE-account

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/678050-final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn/66269659
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-06-17 16:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Neat. I'll consider picking it up on PS3 then.
 Bahamut.Zellc
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2013-06-17 17:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hulkamania said: »
controllers are included in game you will be able to use on pc i did and it set up mine with no issue.

Like mentioned above, controllers options are included in the game. They are extremely user friendly, setup is a breeze. You can toggle mouse/keyboard or controller while logged into game. Bind things in game also (no logging out to do controller setup like in ffxi). And just the fact that it has that option says a lot. I love GW2 but I wish they took a note from SE's book on the controller options.

And if you are a fanboy of xbox or playstation, you can toggle on screen interface for each type of controller (circle, X, square, and triangle vs. X,Y,A, and B). Love the small niche details.
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Server: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2013-06-18 07:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Have they already handed out all the beta keys they planned to?
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2013-06-18 08:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

are the ps3 servers up right now? i can't play because it says maintenance since about 24 hours or so. Recently installed it, so haven't got any testing yet.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23