Siren.Kimiko
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kimiko
By Siren.Kimiko 2010-04-27 08:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxivblog.com/ffxiv-on-track-for-2010-release/

A brief snippet from a jp ffxivwiki site stating that according to Yoichi Wada himself, XIV is still good for a 2010 release.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 08:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm guessing this is for the PC version? PS3 beta hasn't started yet to my knowledge, has it? Good to hear that it's on track at least. I'm tired of companies pushing release dates/TBD months back until it's released a year later.
[+]
By Zekko 2010-04-27 08:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

GDI! Ill have to get a new PC now... i was hoping for a console release at the same time, but i dont want to get behind.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-04-27 08:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

PC > Console ftw
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 08:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

if i had the money for a new PC (even tho i JUST got my laptop. <3 cheap laptops) i'd go with PC version but i'm prolly gonna be doing PS3 :(
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 08:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

People are going to actually buy this for consoles? lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Server: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-04-27 08:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe im worng ,but didnt bthey say that PC and PS3 version will released same time, when they announced FFXIV?
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Server: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-04-27 08:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
yea beacause a new PS3 is much cheaper then a good gaming PC
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 08:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
true lol

By Zekko 2010-04-27 08:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Yes, my PC sucks atm and i have a PS3 already. So i dont see the point in buying a new PC...But if its gonna come out a few months before console :/ Guess i'll have to, i really dont want to be left behind XD
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 08:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
It's actually probably be in SE's best interest to release them separately. That way the PC people have the option to later try it on the PS3, instead of choosing one or the other right at the start.
system requirements are there for a reason =P

also i know imma dread PS3 version cuz my eyesight sucks, but to save 2k on an awesome gaming laptop, i'll have to deal with it.
 Sylph.Wolfjorg
Server: Sylph
user: wolfjorgg
By Sylph.Wolfjorg 2010-04-27 08:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It was intended for PS3 only to begin with, then was announced on PC, and also talk of it going to (lol)xbox eventually.

I'll have it for PC and PS3, seeing as I travel.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 09:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Not really :/

You could probably build a multipurpose machine to run this games @ decent specs fairly cheaply.

You also get all the bonuses that being on a PC provides.

Also you get a PC.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 09:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Not really :/ You could probably build a multipurpose machine to run this games @ decent specs fairly cheaply. You also get all the bonuses that being on a PC provides. Also you get a PC.
the thing is, 3 months later, your PC is considered outdated and new stuff is out there for you to upgrade to.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 09:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Not really :/ You could probably build a multipurpose machine to run this games @ decent specs fairly cheaply. You also get all the bonuses that being on a PC provides. Also you get a PC.
the thing is, 3 months later, your PC is considered outdated and new stuff is out there for you to upgrade to.

Doesn't matter if it runs what you want it to run.

A PS3 is outdated the moment it's bought lol.

My PC is Technically "Out-dated" it still runs every new game I throw at it @ full settings at 1680x1050 smoothly.

A high spec machine will last you a long time.
 Fairy.Specopsz
Server: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-04-27 10:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everyone has the money for a gaming computer, or a fairly nice one at the least.
That's why consoles are nice little back ups, lets people enjoy somewhat of the PC gamers do.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 10:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Specopsz said:
Not everyone has the money for a gaming computer, or a fairly nice one at the least.
That's why consoles are nice little back ups, lets people enjoy somewhat of the PC gamers do.

Yet you have the money for a PS3?
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 10:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Doesn't matter if it runs what you want it to run. A PS3 is outdated the moment it's bought lol. My PC is Technically "Out-dated" it still runs every new game I throw at it @ full settings at 1680x1050 smoothly. A high spec machine will last you a long time.
the thing is, once something's new out that you CAN update and it makes games run more smoothly than what you originally had, you'll end up paying like 2-3k until you decide to buy a new PC. whereas consoles like PS3 and 360 you can't really update (but microsoft's gonna fix that, even tho i think it's a bad idea and it'll fail badly, i think they should just make a new xbox console)
 Fairy.Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-04-27 10:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats going on with 360?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 10:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Awezomeos said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Doesn't matter if it runs what you want it to run. A PS3 is outdated the moment it's bought lol. My PC is Technically "Out-dated" it still runs every new game I throw at it @ full settings at 1680x1050 smoothly. A high spec machine will last you a long time.
the thing is, once something's new out that you CAN update and it makes games run more smoothly than what you originally had, you'll end up paying like 2-3k until you decide to buy a new PC. whereas consoles like PS3 and 360 you can't really update (but microsoft's gonna fix that, even tho i think it's a bad idea and it'll fail badly, i think they should just make a new xbox console)

Which is technically the same as buying a new console but cheaper.

Updating is far more cost effective than buying a new machine every time it comes out.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-27 10:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I plan to play on PS3 and I can just use my laptop if I need it. There's just less hassle when you play games on a console and I like the controller better then the keyboard.

The PC version of FFXI is only a better option because of the PS2 limitations and because you can bot/windower on the PC.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 10:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Specopsz said:
Whats going on with 360?
some time ago they said they're gonna let people upgrade them (like better graphics, blu-ray player, so on) for some $$, when honestly, they should just make a new one and save the customers time (and money in the end). cuz really, would you wanna send your xbox for like 2-3 weeks while they upgrade it? (which is why i think people won't do it as much as they think they will and it'll end up as a waste of money and time)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 10:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The Key-word is Limitation.
 Fairy.Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-04-27 10:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Fairy.Specopsz said:
Whats going on with 360?
some time ago they said they're gonna let people upgrade them (like better graphics, blu-ray player, so on) for some $$, when honestly, they should just make a new one and save the customers time (and money in the end). cuz really, would you wanna send your xbox for like 2-3 weeks while they upgrade it? (which is why i think people won't do it as much as they think they will and it'll end up as a waste of money and time)

Ohh I see.
Yeah, better off to just make a separate system.
Otherwise it'd end up like PC.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 10:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
The Key-word is Limitation.
this too lol
i'm sure the 360 motherboard has it's limits on things like RAM, CPU speed and so on, where new PCs come out every damn day it seems.

i'll be laughing if PS5 comes out, still xbox360 and PS5 just beats the living pulp out of the 360 in everything. (yet you'll have those fanboys saying 360>ps5 and finding silly reasons)

PS3 and 360 to me are about par with eachother right now. but once PS4 comes out (i've heard it's in the makings somewhere) 360 might just start losing devs.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 10:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

There's only so much of an upgrade you can do before the console isn't a 360 anymore lol.

The same thing happens when building a PC. If you have multiple ways to upgrade, you might as well keep that PC as a secondary, and start a-new.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-27 10:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
There's only so much of an upgrade you can do before the console isn't a 360 anymore lol. The same thing happens when building a PC. If you have multiple ways to upgrade, you might as well keep that PC as a secondary, and start a-new.
which is why i'm waiting for M$ to go "So, we lied. New Xbox coming in <year>. Damn you Sony"
lol

i just hope they get rid of the damn 13yearoldkidsscreaminginthiermicseverytimei'monxbl
By Zekko 2010-04-27 10:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The will be another Xbox if theres a ps4 in the making. Micosoft won't let Sony get off the easy way, they are rivals on the gaming market, whilst Nintendo just sit there and laugh whilst they get 2x more console sales.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8