Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-27 13:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
If I do get it, I'll be getting it the Ps3. I enjoy being able to do whatever I want on my PC WHILE playing a game. Constant minimizing? No thanks. I still find it strange playing a video game on a computer. Was raised on consoles. =/

While I understand what you're saying. Having something on PC gives a full degree of control, customization and appearance.

Plus having access to the game's files allows one to modify and have fun with it beyond what one would be able to on any console.

Lawl

Oh don't get me wrong - I find that stuff cool, lol. But I don't know how to do any of it. Technically, once my dad gets me a Mac, I could get it for PC. Then, whenever I am playing, I'd just get on my Mac for anything temporarily.

I don't have the time to play as of now since I really need to focus on my college ***.
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-27 13:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I goggled ps3 cpu vs pc cpu, sadly I didn't really find any informative articles, mostly forums filled with fanboys giving nothing but misinformation on both sides.

It's a little more difficult to compare since they are two completely different architectures.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-27 13:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Go for it, I'd love an article expressively proving the PS3 can out process the PC for gaming.

Isn't it technically impossible since every game must be made on a computer first?
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-27 13:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Go for it, I'd love an article expressively proving the PS3 can out process the PC for gaming.

Isn't it technically impossible since every game must be made on a computer first?

This too lol, most games are built from the ground up for specific machines. Unless they're ported over from what they were originally designed to run on. Look what happened to FF13 on the 360. /gag
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 13:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Which is exactly my point. Claiming the PS3 will outperform a PC in FFXIV is so wrong it's almost right
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-27 13:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the PS3 generally wins on graphics. Gran Tursimo 5 and Metal Gear Solid 4 are pretty good examples of what the PS3 is capable of outputting graphic wise. Some screen shots of GT5 are near realistic levels. I'm not implying 14 is going to look like that but you have to admit it's pretty impressive when most PCs struggle keeping up with Crysis' graphics. Those who buy $300-$500 graphics cards are the exception.

If FF14 lasts for 8 years, and you have some version of windower and bots then obviously the PC is going to win in the end.

There's pro's and con's for both but in the end I think it just comes down to personal preferences. I think it's silly to say the console version is going to suck because you can't cheat on it.
 Sylph.Belmonth
Server: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-04-27 13:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

I never said it would "outperform" a PC for gaming, it's obvious it never will, since PC's can be constantly be upgraded, my comment was based on you implying that modern day PC CPU's can perform better than the PS3 CPU.

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 13:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
I think the PS3 generally wins on graphics. Gran Tursimo 5 and Metal Gear Solid 4 are pretty good examples of what the PS3 is capable of outputting graphic wise. Some screen shots of GT5 are near realistic levels. I'm not implying 14 is going to look like that but you have to admit it's pretty impressive when most PCs struggle keeping up with Crysis' graphics.

If FF14 lasts for 8 years, and you have some version of windower and bots then obviously the PC is going to win in the end.

There's pro's and con's for both but in the end I think it just comes down to personal preferences. I think it's silly to say the console version is going to suck because you can't cheat on it.

Not really, you can get the exact same graphical quality on a PC easier.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 13:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Belmonth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I never said it would "outperform" a PC for gaming, it's obvious it never will, since PC's can be constantly be upgraded, my comment was based on you implying that modern day PC CPU's can perform better than the PS3 CPU.

Which they can for gaming.

A PS3 will never get near the performance of an SLI PC.

You can look at the track record of previous games that have been multi-platformed. (Fallout 3)
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-27 13:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to argue about graphic comparisons:

PC vs PS3

Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-27 13:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

PC has significantly better capability of reproducing shadows and anti-aliasing. PS3 has some jaggies :(
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 13:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

"they are playing the PC version with DX11 off."
 Sylph.Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-04-27 13:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
I think the PS3 generally wins on graphics. Gran Tursimo 5 and Metal Gear Solid 4 are pretty good examples of what the PS3 is capable of outputting graphic wise. Some screen shots of GT5 are near realistic levels. I'm not implying 14 is going to look like that but you have to admit it's pretty impressive when most PCs struggle keeping up with Crysis' graphics.

And yet again the whole point you have been missing of all this useless arguing, to reach the same quality of the PS3 you need a high PC (by this I'm not stating that the PC can't) and to reach better looking than the PS3 (1080p) you need a even more expensive PC, that in the end the PS3 is still the cheapest option for people that doesn't want to spend on a 1000+ USD PC, EVEN in europe, the high end PC is still more expensive than the PS3 by a significant ammount, still don't understand? yes or yes?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-27 13:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend found some good gaming computers, but they were all about $700+. I'd imagine there isn't a $300 one that still is stronger than a Ps3. More expensive ones, hell yeah.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 13:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Belmonth said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

And yet again the whole point you have been missing of all this useless arguing, to reach the same quality of the PS3 you need a high PC (by this I'm not stating that the PC can't) and to reach better looking than the PS3 (1080p) you need a even more expensive PC, that in the end the PS3 is still the cheapest option for people that doesn't want to spend on a 1000 USD PC, EVEN in europe, the high end PC is still more expensive than the PS3 by a significant ammount, still don't understand? yes or yes?

And Like I've said I'd prefer to get a PC that is future proof and has multi-purpose in and out of game.

And again like I said, the PS3 in 5~ years is going to be on the same level the PS2 is today in FFXI, with all thats been added over the years.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-27 13:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ps4 will be out in 2013 yo.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 13:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ps4 will be out in 2013 yo.

Yet people will still use it on the PS3 and say how bad the game is.

Just an FYI I have no problem with the PS3, but don't make out it's something it isn't.

Oh, I'm not arguing either, I'm enjoying this debate.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-04-27 13:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not really a debate. You're just giving advice for long-term players. It would make sense to get the PC version.
 Fenrir.Anberlin
Server: Fenrir
user: Kike
By Fenrir.Anberlin 2010-04-27 13:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I'd prefer to get a PC that is future proof.

Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-27 13:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

All I have to say regardless of who QQ about if ps3 is better then pc blah blah blah.

PS3 is a computer. Its built like one. Many PS3 manage missles for the US military.

All games are developed on computers to begin with.
The reason your ps3 pwns the ***out of your PC is you probably rock 2gb or ram and run vista on it and think your 300 gb harddrive is leet. Thats why PS3 will always trump your rig.

Anyways, moving back to 14. Gamestop let me preorder it and their tenative release date is like december 31st 2010 for both PC and PS3 and everywhere else i've checked have both games set for simulataneous release. I got it for ps3 not that my laptop can't handle 14 but that I don't to play another MMO on my pc again, I'd much rather have it up next to me while I play 14 so GO GO GO ps3 release ^^ why else did I upgrade to the 250gb ps3 unless it was to store all the updates for 14 :)
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-04-27 13:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 13:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
It's not really a debate. You're just giving advice for long-term players. It would make sense to get the PC version.

Lol

I don't mean to come off mean or anything, I'm just a PC user through and through.

(Don't get me wrong though, I much prefer RPG's and slash-em-ups on the 360/PS3, I couldn't play them on the PC for ***)

I enjoy the consoles, and they excel at what their good at, but that just isn't mmo's imo.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 13:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Anberlin said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I'd prefer to get a PC that is future proof.

Nice reply, I see you've given up on debating something you can't win.

Go-on tell me how a PC isn't future proof, If you bought one today at the highest specs possible it would last you many years of gaming.

Sure that's a real degree? derp.
 Fenrir.Anberlin
Server: Fenrir
user: Kike
By Fenrir.Anberlin 2010-04-27 13:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Go-on tell me how a PC isn't future proof, If you bought one today at the highest specs possible it would last you many years of gaming.

How long has the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, hell even Playstation 2 been around? Those also last you many years of gaming.

This isn't a debate at all. You're just being a jackass about a personal preference.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-27 14:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Anberlin said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

How long has the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, hell even Playstation 2 been around? Those also last you many years of gaming.

This isn't a debate at all. You're just being a jackass about a personal preference.

Well it is a debate, you're trying to tell me how the PS3 is more powerful than a PC.

those consoles have been around a long time, but saying the PC will be outdated by tomorrow is a very immature attitude that shows you know pretty much nothing apart from what you read from random news stories.
 Sylph.Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-04-27 14:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
All I have to say regardless of who QQ about if ps3 is better then pc blah blah blah.

PS3 is a computer. Its built like one. Many PS3 manage missles for the US military.

All games are developed on computers to begin with.
The reason your ps3 pwns the ***out of your PC is you probably rock 2gb or ram and run vista on it and think your 300 gb harddrive is leet. Thats why PS3 will always trump your rig.

Anyways, moving back to 14. Gamestop let me preorder it and their tenative release date is like december 31st 2010 for both PC and PS3 and everywhere else i've checked have both games set for simulataneous release. I got it for ps3 not that my laptop can't handle 14 but that I don't to play another MMO on my pc again, I'd much rather have it up next to me while I play 14 so GO GO GO ps3 release ^^ why else did I upgrade to the 250gb ps3 unless it was to store all the updates for 14 :)

You just said what in resume what I have been saying and somehow derailed in what Flionheart said, a lot of people are thinking of just buying a PC for FFXIV in fact I brought a PC back then just for FFXI (which at the time prices din't range highly in comparison with current ones) and atm I have a high end one I brought at discount from my work (about 500 USD), a lot of people don't care about "5 years later" since all they want to do is play the game.
And this people also want to run it decently looking, not with a cheap rig to run it mediocrily with all effects turned off and lower res, etc. So for this the PS3 is the cheapest option...
So yes, in resume you are right and no argue there with PC being superior, it's obviously superior by obvious facts "not the CPU, but the GPU" not to mention that they can be constantly upgraded, this also does not influence the fact that the game will be outperformed by the years to come and that the PS3 version will start flopping, it will perform the same, regardless of how much upgrades it gets, just like running FFXI right now, years passed and no matter how much of a monster rig you have the game will be the same, ironically my current high end PC runs FFXI very crappy compared to my old computer. FFXIV since it's on development will be doubtfully be upgraded like Aion to Direct X10 or 11 not sure which of both.
 Shiva.Dinarii
user: Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2010-04-27 14:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

pot calling kettle black?

PC fanboys vs console fanboys. who give s a ***?

and saying you can't build a PC under 1k$ that competes with manufactured ones is the most moronic thing i've heard in the past month. and i've heard some stupid ***in the past 2 days.

i built mine for 600, including a 23" widescreen HD LCD monitor. it runs every game flawlessly.

if you do the research, arent over anxious about getting it set up, and know how to do it properly, you can save a lot of money and get a top end machine.

i have 360, ps3, and my PC. and guess what? i still put more time into my pc than either my 360 or ps3 per week. and its not bc of a graphical factor. i've been playing diablo2 and starcraft. decade old games. hahaha. go figure.

in short, you're all HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. get it for what you want to play it on. if you get boned bc of a release date. don't cry to us who get it the day it comes out.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-27 14:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Most pcs become outdated and obsolete often before you drive home from the store you paid far too much for it from. PC > console imo BUT i will say the PS3 is one fine *** machine. Some games like Dragon age origins for example, your better off playing on PC. Other PC titles like Elder Scrolls 4 oblivion play well on PS3. So its a matter of taste and wallet in some instances, as you will find the PC version of games are often cheaper. Case and point: FF14 is 10 dollars more for PS3 then PC. Check gamestop. I do not lie :).

The only way to make a PC even a future proof up to a year is if you build your own. Your also a noob with computers till you do this. Same with cars, you dont truely know your engine till your elbow deep in grease rebuilding it or tuning it. Thats how I feel about a PC. Given the games and the issues with Xbox 360 I would sooner own a Mac then buy a xbox. So once again I repeat. PC > Console BUT PS3 is a strong equal to PC in some respects. And xbox is lol.
 Sylph.Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-04-27 14:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dinarii said:
pot calling kettle black?

PC fanboys vs console fanboys. who give s a ***?

and saying you can't build a PC under 1k$ that competes with manufactured ones is the most moronic thing i've heard in the past month. and i've heard some stupid ***in the past 2 days.

i built mine for 600, including a 23" widescreen HD LCD monitor. it runs every game flawlessly.

if you do the research, arent over anxious about getting it set up, and know how to do it properly, you can save a lot of money and get a top end machine.

i have 360, ps3, and my PC. and guess what? i still put more time into my pc than either my 360 or ps3 per week. and its not bc of a graphical factor. i've been playing diablo2 and starcraft. decade old games. hahaha. go figure.

in short, you're all HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. get it for what you want to play it on. if you get boned bc of a release date. don't cry to us who get it the day it comes out.

Again, 600 USD vs 299? this wasn't a "PS3 better performance than PC" for starters. check the first pages.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-04-27 14:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Belmonth said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
All I have to say regardless of who QQ about if ps3 is better then pc blah blah blah. PS3 is a computer. Its built like one. Many PS3 manage missles for the US military. All games are developed on computers to begin with. The reason your ps3 pwns the ***out of your PC is you probably rock 2gb or ram and run vista on it and think your 300 gb harddrive is leet. Thats why PS3 will always trump your rig. Anyways, moving back to 14. Gamestop let me preorder it and their tenative release date is like december 31st 2010 for both PC and PS3 and everywhere else i've checked have both games set for simulataneous release. I got it for ps3 not that my laptop can't handle 14 but that I don't to play another MMO on my pc again, I'd much rather have it up next to me while I play 14 so GO GO GO ps3 release ^^ why else did I upgrade to the 250gb ps3 unless it was to store all the updates for 14 :)
You just said what in resume what I have been saying and somehow derailed in what Flionheart said, a lot of people are thinking of just buying a PC for FFXIV in fact I brought a PC back then just for FFXI (which at the time prices din't range highly in comparison with current ones) and atm I have a high end one I brought at discount from my work (about 500 USD), a lot of people don't care about "5 years later" since all they want to do is play the game. And this people also want to run it decently looking, not with a cheap rig to run it mediocrily with all effects turned off and lower res, etc. So for this the PS3 is the cheapest option... So yes, in resume you are right and no argue there with PC being superior, it's obviously superior by obvious facts "not the CPU, but the GPU" not to mention that they can be constantly upgraded, this also does not influence the fact that the game will be outperformed by the years to come and that the PS3 version will start flopping, it will perform the same, regardless of how much upgrades it gets, just like running FFXI right now, years passed and no matter how much of a monster rig you have the game will be the same, ironically my current high end PC runs FFXI very crappy compared to my old computer. FFXIV since it's on development will be doubtfully be upgraded like Aion to Direct X10 or 11 not sure which of both.

Exactly. My laptop after I did a driver update for my graphics card (ati) started to run FFXI grainier and crappier when in Windower, something that hadn't occured in the past. Fullscreen was flawless and looked better then ever given my driver update. But windower was crapstasitc, there were measures I could take to fix this issue ofcourse, but at this point I was so ready to just say bye to FFXI after 4 years and knowing I owned so many better looking games and I know how fantastic 14 would look, I just quit lol. But when it came down to running 14 on my pc or ps3 I thought about it and knew that I'd much rather play it on my tv, thats what I think sold me, I play on a 17 1/2 inch lcd laptop screen which isn't too bad imo but 42 inch tv and using my laptop next to me while I played ff14 just appeals to me so much more :).
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8