users online
Forum » FFXI » General » August 2022 Version Update
August 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23
VIP
By Lili 2022-08-13 22:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »
Did AF or Relic +2 AND +3 get released/datamined on the same patch?
Nariont said: »
Believe so as both times the upgrades were in the same update iirc

Relic +2/3 gear with Dynamis Divergence: https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/November_2017_Version_Update_Changes

Af +2/3 gear with Omen: https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/December_2016_Version_Update_Changes

They were both available from day 1 of the patch, tho the requirements were certainly high for either +3. I wonder if the partial update is a result of the bug, or if it was planned.
By Viciouss 2022-08-13 22:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
This guy again, you can tell he's going for buzz words to get some applause. Of course all the people who quit every month like him are liking his posts because they think I'm somehow all hardcore and am against players catching up. Nobody wanted this to be better than odyssey, they wanted it to be unique with job specific boosts to compliment the current gear, not replace it. You are speaking all general and telling us there's still +3 as if it's going to be some huge hit lol. We can take guesses based on previous evidence, if we are wrong we will happily accept it but so far this is the opinion. V0 Odyssey gear is also really easy to get so yeah

That or he is just saying things that are accurate. Also, I don't think anyone has ever seen you "happily accept" being wrong. Every update thread you are crying the same tears.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-13 22:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
I wonder if the partial update is a result of the bug, or if it was planned.

We knew we'd only be getting +2 this patch, +3 won't be until Nov/Dec
[+]
By Nariont 2022-08-13 22:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if the partial update is a result of the bug, or if it was planned.

Fairly certain they planned for +3 to either be a different section of sortie or its own also seperate thing further down the line, November or so iirc
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-13 22:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
This guy again, you can tell he's going for buzz words to get some applause. Of course all the people who quit every month like him are liking his posts because they think I'm somehow all hardcore and am against players catching up. Nobody wanted this to be better than odyssey, they wanted it to be unique with job specific boosts to compliment the current gear, not replace it. You are speaking all general and telling us there's still +3 as if it's going to be some huge hit lol. We can take guesses based on previous evidence, if we are wrong we will happily accept it but so far this is the opinion. V0 Odyssey gear is also really easy to get so yeah

That or he is just saying things that are accurate. Also, I don't think anyone has ever seen you "happily accept" being wrong. Every update thread you are crying the same tears.

Yea another free month player with 0 interest in the direction of the game. I care deeply about your opinion.
By Draylo 2022-08-13 22:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy again, you can tell he's going for buzz words to get some applause. Of course all the people who quit every month like him are liking his posts because they think I'm somehow all hardcore and am against players catching up.

Ad hominem(s), appeal to motive, discrediting tactic, appeal to pity, logic chopping, bulverism, and not quoted, opinion entitlement. Some of these I already knew, a couple I learnt from wikipedia. Have a good read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

At this point you're either a troll or too invested emotionally to admit that maybe some of what I say could be true, so I'm not going to engage any further. Carry on and, again, enjoy your self-inflicted frustration.

Or quite simply everyone is entitled to their opinion. You keep trying to come across like your opinion is fact and the voice of reason, far from it. Do yourself a favor and don't engage, because clearly you are looking up crap on wiki and in debate mode wasting your time when we are all allowed our opinions about this update.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-13 22:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If anybody is excited for Sortie release, just look back at recent history for reminders. Last few major content releases:

Dynamis-D - got like 2-4 fixes within a few months, just recently adjusted wave 1 clear conditions

Odyssey - Moogle Mastery bugged for months apparently; monsters with unusual detection methods. Segments largely ignored early on because it served no purpose at the time

Gaol - delayed several months due to bugs, insufferable amount of latency at launch which caused a lot of wasted points. Several glitches (camera lock, losing a phone if two people enter at same time). Doing 3 bosses literally made absolutely no sense at launch. Amplifiers, so you can lose and win.

Sortie - delayed due to bugs

SE has done a fabulous job with events. Get excited!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-13 23:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

All going points, Buukki, but this one just feels so much worse because of SE's poor Public Relations department. I can certainly forgive quirks in new content that need ironed out- your examples certainly prove if you're not used to that by now, you're probably playing the wrong game. But when PR for months builds up an Anniversary that does nothing but disappoint, then talks up new content for midsummer that isn't even ready at the end of the summer, and to boot is just another rehashed 6man content that shrinks the concept of an MMO to a Zoom call vs an immersive world...this one really feels like such a worse offense on their part.

Again- I mostly blame their Public Affairs for misleading expectations and false hope. Sure, there were plenty of players that had over-estimated expectations even against potential. But there have been un-announced content updates with more benefit than we've seen in their past 3 updates, and those were given the bravado and fanfare of a damn expansion update.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-13 23:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

They have been "working" on this for YEARS, thats something that kid doesn't understand. Yet we are not allowed negative opinions at this time. This is something that has happened repeatedly, as noted by Buuki. For me the icing on the cake was that anniversary announcement, something I won't forget.
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-08-13 23:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you at least just agree its weird to ***on content that isn't even out yet?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-13 23:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That was another lie they told. Bait and switch tactics. Don't worry, someone will be here shortly to whiteknight SE and say that YOU just misunderstood them and they didn't promise or say anything the way you interpreted it
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-13 23:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bosworth said: »

What content, and why isn't it out?
By Draylo 2022-08-13 23:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody is even talking about the content, we are talking about the data mined GEAR. Or are you implying the gear is fake? Or that it will undergo some miraculous change at the +3 stage. The content could be fun, no doubt. I'm just talking about the gear atm.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-13 23:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, I haven't taken any of the complaints to be "about the content"- its about the promise and buildup of content yet again that SE pushes back due to their own issues. Its bad coordination between those who do the work, and those who announce it, and their PR department promising things they have no issue on delivering.
[+]
By Viciouss 2022-08-13 23:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

Yea another free month player with 0 interest in the direction of the game. I care deeply about your opinion.

There you go again just making ***up to fit your own personal narrative. Good for a laugh, as always.
This guy again, you can tell he's going for buzz words to get some applause. Of course all the people who quit every month like him are liking his posts because they think I'm somehow all hardcore and am against players catching up.

Ad hominem(s), appeal to motive, discrediting tactic, appeal to pity, logic chopping, bulverism, and not quoted, opinion entitlement. Some of these I already knew, a couple I learnt from wikipedia. Have a good read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

At this point you're either a troll or too invested emotionally to admit that maybe some of what I say could be true, so I'm not going to engage any further. Carry on and, again, enjoy your self-inflicted frustration.

You keep trying to come across like your opinion is fact and the voice of reason, far from it.

Are you looking in the mirror as you type this? Because it seems like you are.
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-08-13 23:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody is even talking about the content, we are talking about the data mined GEAR. Or are you implying the gear is fake? Or that it will undergo some miraculous change at the +3 stage. The content could be fun, no doubt. I'm just talking about the gear atm.

I wasn't implying anything. This is just the +2 stage. We can use past experience to a certain degree, but there is no way to know what +3 will bring. Complaining without enough information is a giant issue on this site.
By Seun 2022-08-13 23:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

They have been "working" on this for YEARS, thats something that kid doesn't understand. Yet we are not allowed negative opinions at this time. This is something that has happened repeatedly, as noted by Buuki. For me the icing on the cake was that anniversary announcement, something I won't forget.

This gear is relevant for less than 6 months before it's replaced by the +3 version. What the *** are you crying for? Rooks should put a blue border around your avatar. You so mid-tier right now.
By Draylo 2022-08-13 23:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you are really confused right now, let the adults talk
By Bosworth 2022-08-14 00:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk man, I don't necessarily see "being an adult" and an almost constant stream of complaining as synonymous. That is just me though I guess.
By Draylo 2022-08-14 00:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yall quit every month let the ppl who know this game discuss it
By Bosworth 2022-08-14 00:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The "people who know the game" are constantly bitching though. Isn't that sad?
By Viciouss 2022-08-14 00:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yall quit every month let the ppl who know this game discuss it

And you stand around afk for weeks at a time, so I think we will give this a hard pass. You don't know this game better than anyone here. Literally no one.
[+]
 Asura.Sensarity
Server: Asura
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2022-08-14 00:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude is right. +3 gear will have WSD +50% and 10 QA on every piece.
It's gonna be a huge hit.
The BLM hands give you access to Savage Blade and the head makes it do elemental damage based on current weather.

Trust me I'm from the future, +3 gear saved FFXI.
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-08-14 00:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I get you're being sarcastic, but the point is, stop complaining about things that haven't even happened yet. You just look like a jackass lol
 Asura.Veikur
Server: Asura
By Asura.Veikur 2022-08-14 00:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure we established a very long time ago actively playing the game has very little correlation to game knowledge.
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-08-14 00:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Have to let him have his pride, you know...since he doesn't actually like the game anymore based on how much he complains
[+]
By Viciouss 2022-08-14 00:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »
I'm pretty sure we established a very long time ago actively playing the game has very little correlation to game knowledge.

It feels like it needs to be reinforced every update.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-14 00:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dummies, the truth is you don't care about this game
By Bosworth 2022-08-14 00:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk man, we happily pay a subscription and have a wonderful time playing a game we love. Meanwhile, you do nothing but complain. What else needs to be said?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23